Smogoff Knife Fight No Johns (Won by the Johners)

shnowshner

You've Gotta Try
is a Pre-Contributor
Unfortunate as it may be, my original plan of bringing my phone into the bathroom at work may not be feasible, as in the event our RBY Fissure Dugtrio Bo3 goes my way, I'd then have to make a winpost in this thread in order to claim victory, any internet issues I encounter while using my phone notwithstanding, and the dubious nature of the timeframe we are working with.

In this event, I am asking my esteemed opponent and Smogon Forums Super Moderator phoopes to accept the following proposal:

After giving it intense thought, it occurred to me that our form of combat has a surefire solution to maximizing odds of winning. On any given turn, you click Fissure. If my Pokemon goes down, send in the next one, and use Fissure. Should I run out of PP, struggle to death to waste the opponent's Fissure PP until I can get a free switch into my next Fissure user.

This series of plays is flawless and I have zero reason to deviate from this strategy. I would like to make these plays in advance for my opponent and ask they either they perform these actions in my steed using an alternate account, or that a gracious opponent would challenge the honorable phoopes as my ambassador, so that I can still participate in this tournament while also continuing to be in good standing with my employers.

az

toddmoding
is a Community Contributoris an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Siatam

is a Tutoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
RoA Leader
Round 1 has showcased some thrilling competition! We have seen rock paper scissors, Mario cart, hyper-competitive connect four (you wanna talk about that first game Check1Two?), duels between assassins, and bribes by way of Smogon reacts. Alarmingly, a large portion of the competition seems to have indoctrinated by competitive Pokemon. A whole five matches were decided by some form of Pokemon battling. We pray that one day these users can remove their brainwashing.

It seems global nature of this competition has somewhat backfired. Three matchups were influenced by Johning. These Johns have been eliminated with extreme prejudice. The following players have been granted a win: Kalalokki, Neko, Turtlek.

In the wises words of phoopes, "coinflips in a knife fight seem like they're not in the spirit of the competition". Very true. As such the users involved in a to be coinflipped matchup have been instead entered into a simulated battle royale.
1675988731864.png

1675988978307.png

1675989696463.png

1675989953605.png

1675989162850.png

The two longest surviving competitors, az and BP, advance to the next round.

Please explain your method of combat in your winposts and provide evidence.

Deadline is Saturday, February 11th at 8pm GMT-5.

No Johns!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)