Monotype Slavic Delicacies (SS Mono Fire Team)

1647117685400.png

Kielbasa (Volcarona) (M) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Flame Body
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Quiver Dance
- Fire Blast
- Psychic
- Bug Buzz
Named after a Polish sausage made from beef, pork, chicken, or other meats, Volcarona is the initial inspiration for this team and the main setup sweeper. A classic Volcarona set, he uses Quiver Dance to setup before using Fire Blast, Psychic, and Bug Buzz to tear through physical walls and most teams. Bug Buzz was chosen over Roost due to increased coverage against Tyranitar and general coverage with STAB.

1647118181474.png

Draniki (Torkoal) (M) @ Heat Rock
Ability: Drought
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin
- Yawn
- Lava Plume
Named after a Belarusian potato pancake, Torkoal serves as a sun setter, shutdown, hazard setter, and hazard cleaner. Drought and Heat Rock sets up sun for Charizard and stronger fire attacks. Stealth Rock and Rapid Spin set and remove hazards and due to Torkoal's bulk with screens Yawn can be used to shut down sweepers if they misread and setup further. Lava Plume's strong burn chance deals further damage to physical setup sweepers.

1647118369893.png

Pierogi (Rotom-Heat) @ Light Clay
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Thunderbolt
- Overheat
Named after a Chinese-turned-Slavic dumpling, Rotom-Heat forsakes its traditional role of a setup special sweeper in turn for utility and coverage. Light Screen and Reflect combined with Light Clay cover up Fire's notorious weaknesses to Rock and Water. Thunderbolt covers water types that aren't immune to it such as Barraskewda and especially Pelliper, Toxapex, and Politoed. Overheat deals massive damage under sun, even to mons that resist it.

1647118608942.png

Ajvar (Charizard) (F) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Solar Power
Timid Nature
- Flamethrower
- Fire Blast
- Dragon Pulse
- Focus Blast
Named after a Serbian red pepper sauce, Charizard is a sun-boosted revenge killer and sweeper. Flamethrower and Fire Blast complement each other nicely under sun; Flamethrower is used where a reliable hit is necessary and Fire Blast can knock out bulkier mons such as Celesteela. Dragon Pulse is a great tool for coverage against Dragon teams who resist fire and Focus Blast can take out steel types who resist fire or need more damage to be taken out, especially Heatran. Choice Scarf cements Charizard's role as both a fast sweeper and a revenge killer.

1647118816447.png

Borscht (Salazzle) @ Air Balloon
Ability: Corrosion
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Toxic
- Protect
- Sludge Wave
Named after a Ukrainian beet soup, Salazzle passes around toxic and severely weakens defensive walls when the sweepers and wallbreakers are gone. With Corrosion she can pass around status to even the most bulky of poison types and Sludge Wave is a great way to deal STAB poison damage. Protect ekes out just a bit more Toxic damage and Substitute serves a similar job. Air Balloon was chosen over Black Sludge due to Salazzle's atrocious 4x weakness to Ground.

(Off the books, though, Salazzle is the team's weakest link. I'm actively looking for a mon that would be a good fit to replace her, but I haven't had much luck yet.)

1647119143610.png

Pljeskavica (Arcanine) (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Wild Charge
- Close Combat
- Extreme Speed

Named after a Serbian grilled patty, Arcanine is the team's prime defensive wallbreaker. Wild Charge deals with pesky water types and Close Combat destroys any Normal type without a Chople Berry. Extreme Speed covers Pokémon that might be faster than Arcanine and Flare Blitz is an incredibly destructive move under sunshine.

Volcarona @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Flame Body
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Fire Blast
- Psychic
- Bug Buzz

Torkoal @ Heat Rock
Ability: Drought
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin
- Yawn
- Lava Plume

Rotom-Heat @ Light Clay
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Reflect
- Thunderbolt
- Light Screen
- Overheat

Charizard @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Solar Power
Timid Nature
- Flamethrower
- Fire Blast
- Dragon Pulse
- Focus Blast

Salazzle @ Air Balloon
Ability: Corrosion
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Toxic
- Protect
- Sludge Wave

Arcanine @ Choice Band
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Wild Charge
- Close Combat
- Extreme Speed

Hello! I will try to give you some advice with this team. (https://pokepast.es/9e847cac835c04b4)
The mons aren't that bad, but i think the last 2 should be replaced, but i will talk about every mon/set.

:volcarona:The set is ofc good, but i would also think if Giga Drain>Bug Buzz is that bad, since it covers the weakness to Ground, Water and Bug, even tho then u won't be really able to hit things like Hydreigon.

:torkoal: This set is great.

:rotom-heat: This set isn't that good. U have screen with a sweeper spread ? + Rotom could run defog (even tho u have rapid spin) but u can't really run screens on this guy. I would rather use like np + stabs + volt-switch/defog/pain split with HDB which are kinda important on that guy.

:charizard: The set looks quite good, u could try Solar Beam instead of dual stabs.

:salazzle: and :arcanine: Those guys don't look bad and they could be some good niches, (if u really want to run salazzle, i would use black sludge to toxic spam the opponents) but u miss Cinderace :cinderace: which is like the main reason u would try to use Fire lol. Beside Cinderace, u could also use Band Victini :victini: (even tho that's more a sun abuser and u kinda alr heave chari and the other guys) or Blacephalon :blacephalon: even tho u already have a scarf user (blace might still help more with speed control) or even Volcanion/Heatran are good options.

Hope this helps a bit!

Hello! I will try to give you some advice with this team. (https://pokepast.es/9e847cac835c04b4)
The mons aren't that bad, but i think the last 2 should be replaced, but i will talk about every mon/set.

:volcarona:The set is ofc good, but i would also think if Giga Drain>Bug Buzz is that bad, since it covers the weakness to Ground, Water and Bug, even tho then u won't be really able to hit things like Hydreigon.

:torkoal: This set is great.

:rotom-heat: This set isn't that good. U have screen with a sweeper spread ? + Rotom could run defog (even tho u have rapid spin) but u can't really run screens on this guy. I would rather use like np + stabs + volt-switch/defog/pain split with HDB which are kinda important on that guy.

:charizard: The set looks quite good, u could try Solar Beam instead of dual stabs.

:salazzle: and :arcanine: Those guys don't look bad and they could be some good niches, (if u really want to run salazzle, i would use black sludge to toxic spam the opponents) but u miss Cinderace :cinderace: which is like the main reason u would try to use Fire lol. Beside Cinderace, u could also use Band Victini :victini: (even tho that's more a sun abuser and u kinda alr heave chari and the other guys) or Blacephalon :blacephalon: even tho u already have a scarf user (blace might still help more with speed control) or even Volcanion/Heatran are good options.

Hope this helps a bit!
1. Giga Drain is probably the move.

2. Yay!

3. Yeah, oops. Forgot to change the spread when I ran Rotom-Heat as a special sweeper. But I think that Rotom-Heat's ability to add screens is an important addition to a team that already has a good sweeping core with Volcarona, Charizard, and Arcanine.

4. Good call. Would you replace Flamethrower or Fire Blast?

5. I might end up replacing Salazzle with Cinderace. Victini and Blace probably won't be added because I'm not fond of using legendaries (and yes I know Blace is technically a UB).

Nice looking team, it’s nice to see people trying different archetypes. I think Fire is quite underrated right now and with a few tweaks your teams could put in some more work for you.

MINOR CHANGES:
:Torkoal:
This is a small change with a potentially huge impact for your team; by changing Torkoal’s HP EVs to 248 you make your HP stat an odd number. What this does is changes the damage you take from Stealth Rock on switch in from 25% (at 252 EVs) to 24% (248 EVs). Not only do you take 1% less but this means Torkoal can now come in 5 times with Stealth Rock up instead of only 4. The remaining 8 can go into Special Defense or Speed. I like putting them into Speed to ensure Torkoal is faster than Ferrothorn which helps prevent it from setting hazards against you.

:Rotom-Heat:
AtraX Madara was on ping about the EV spread. Your set is half way between two different roles that Rotom can serve on Fire. Since the focus was on Screens, we will go with that set. First, I’d change the EVs to 248 HP / 8 Def / 252+ Spe (248 HP for the same reason as Torkoal). This maximizes Rotoms survivability to set Screens with max speed to get Screens up as fast as possible and motivate incoming damage. For the last 2 moves, one should be Volt Switch which allows you to pivot out of Rotom after setting Screens and bring in whichever threat fits the current situation. The last move typically would be Overheat to get both STABs in with a high BP move that’s also boosted by Sun. Even without Special Attack investment this hits pretty hard, then after the drop you can Volt Switch out.

:Charizard:
I also think Solarbeam would serve you much better than dual Fire STABs. You can probably drop Fire Blast for it. This will help cover Water as well which is important on a team without Volcanion (which doesn’t fit on a Sun team).

MAJOR CHANGES:
:Salazzle: -> :Cinderace:
I can’t think of any reason any Fire team wouldn’t use Cinderace; it’s just too good. Amazing stats, movepool and of course ability. Given the nature of your team there are two options for your Cinderace. First would be a Bulk Up set; this takes advantage of Screens to set up more easily. The second would be Choice Scarf. There are two reasons for this: Libero helps boost your attacks so you can use Choice Scarf to boost Speed, most importantly to beat Terrakion and Nihilego which otherwise completely sweeps Fire. Cinderace also has access to U-turn which provides great momentum which is important to offensively oriented teams. If you go with Choice Scarf you could change Charizards item to Heavy-Duty Boots. This means it doesn’t worry about Stealth Rock and has the freedom to switch moves while still hitting hard thanks to Solar Power.

CONSIDERATIONS:
:Volcarona:
Fire Blast is great for breaking, especially in Sun, but if you want you could get away with Fiery Dance so you have more PP, accuracy and chance to boost your Special Attack even more. With a fair amount of Pressure users out there, more PP and 100% accuracy could make a difference in some key situations. Sun effectively boosts the BP to 120. Again, AtraX Madara made a good suggestion about Giga Drain which helps against Water. I personally like Bug Buzz though for the STAB power and to hit opponents behind Substitute which is fairly common this generation. I just wanted to explain a bit more so you can make the best choice for you and your team. With that being said, you cal always switch between the two depending on what you run into or what match ups you are preparing for or struggling with.

:Arcanine: -> :Victini:
If you want, Victini could replace Arcanine as the Choice Band user. Victini has a better speed tier as well has a very high BP STAB in V-Create and access to Electric coverage in Bolt Strike. The third move should be U-turn again for the same reasons above. Both Cinderace and Victini are extremely threatening to opponents and often force switches. This can be used to your advantage to position yourself better with proper momentum. The last move can be Trick which helps cripple defensive walls by switching items and forcing them into one move.

Overall you have a great start and only a few changes to help perform a bit better. Below are two versions of the team, one with Scarf Charizard and Heavy-Duty Boots Cinderace, the other with the items swapped. (Click the icons)

:Volcarona: / :Torkoal: / :Rotom-Heat: / :Choice Scarf::Charizard: / :Heavy-Duty Boots::Cinderace: / :Arcanine:

:Volcarona: / :Torkoal: / :Rotom-Heat: / :Heavy-Duty Boots::Charizard: / :Choice Scarf::Cinderace: / :Arcanine:

If you have any questions or anything just let me know! Good luck!

Nice looking team, it’s nice to see people trying different archetypes. I think Fire is quite underrated right now and with a few tweaks your teams could put in some more work for you.

MINOR CHANGES:
:Torkoal:
This is a small change with a potentially huge impact for your team; by changing Torkoal’s HP EVs to 248 you make your HP stat an odd number. What this does is changes the damage you take from Stealth Rock on switch in from 25% (at 252 EVs) to 24% (248 EVs). Not only do you take 1% less but this means Torkoal can now come in 5 times with Stealth Rock up instead of only 4. The remaining 8 can go into Special Defense or Speed. I like putting them into Speed to ensure Torkoal is faster than Ferrothorn which helps prevent it from setting hazards against you.

:Rotom-Heat:
AtraX Madara was on ping about the EV spread. Your set is half way between two different roles that Rotom can serve on Fire. Since the focus was on Screens, we will go with that set. First, I’d change the EVs to 248 HP / 8 Def / 252+ Spe (248 HP for the same reason as Torkoal). This maximizes Rotoms survivability to set Screens with max speed to get Screens up as fast as possible and motivate incoming damage. For the last 2 moves, one should be Volt Switch which allows you to pivot out of Rotom after setting Screens and bring in whichever threat fits the current situation. The last move typically would be Overheat to get both STABs in with a high BP move that’s also boosted by Sun. Even without Special Attack investment this hits pretty hard, then after the drop you can Volt Switch out.

:Charizard:
I also think Solarbeam would serve you much better than dual Fire STABs. You can probably drop Fire Blast for it. This will help cover Water as well which is important on a team without Volcanion (which doesn’t fit on a Sun team).

MAJOR CHANGES:
:Salazzle: -> :Cinderace:
I can’t think of any reason any Fire team wouldn’t use Cinderace; it’s just too good. Amazing stats, movepool and of course ability. Given the nature of your team there are two options for your Cinderace. First would be a Bulk Up set; this takes advantage of Screens to set up more easily. The second would be Choice Scarf. There are two reasons for this: Libero helps boost your attacks so you can use Choice Scarf to boost Speed, most importantly to beat Terrakion and Nihilego which otherwise completely sweeps Fire. Cinderace also has access to U-turn which provides great momentum which is important to offensively oriented teams. If you go with Choice Scarf you could change Charizards item to Heavy-Duty Boots. This means it doesn’t worry about Stealth Rock and has the freedom to switch moves while still hitting hard thanks to Solar Power.

CONSIDERATIONS:
:Volcarona:
Fire Blast is great for breaking, especially in Sun, but if you want you could get away with Fiery Dance so you have more PP, accuracy and chance to boost your Special Attack even more. With a fair amount of Pressure users out there, more PP and 100% accuracy could make a difference in some key situations. Sun effectively boosts the BP to 120. Again, AtraX Madara made a good suggestion about Giga Drain which helps against Water. I personally like Bug Buzz though for the STAB power and to hit opponents behind Substitute which is fairly common this generation. I just wanted to explain a bit more so you can make the best choice for you and your team. With that being said, you cal always switch between the two depending on what you run into or what match ups you are preparing for or struggling with.

:Arcanine: -> :Victini:
If you want, Victini could replace Arcanine as the Choice Band user. Victini has a better speed tier as well has a very high BP STAB in V-Create and access to Electric coverage in Bolt Strike. The third move should be U-turn again for the same reasons above. Both Cinderace and Victini are extremely threatening to opponents and often force switches. This can be used to your advantage to position yourself better with proper momentum. The last move can be Trick which helps cripple defensive walls by switching items and forcing them into one move.

Overall you have a great start and only a few changes to help perform a bit better. Below are two versions of the team, one with Scarf Charizard and Heavy-Duty Boots Cinderace, the other with the items swapped. (Click the icons)

:Volcarona: / :Torkoal: / :Rotom-Heat: / :Choice Scarf::Charizard: / :Heavy-Duty Boots::Cinderace: / :Arcanine:

:Volcarona: / :Torkoal: / :Rotom-Heat: / :Heavy-Duty Boots::Charizard: / :Choice Scarf::Cinderace: / :Arcanine:

If you have any questions or anything just let me know! Good luck!
Heya! Thanks for keeping with the theme on Cinderace.

I decided to switch Salazzle for Cinderace. This was my first time making a fire monotype since the dark dark days of Gen 6... *shudder*

I decided to go with Scarf!Zard (with new Solar Beam!) and Boots!Race after playing around with it for a bit because Boots!Race really saved my bacon more than once. I decided not to switch Victini for the Heatran coverage provided by Arcanine and Cinderace creating a nice little safety net in case I accidentally give it a FF boost. I also decided to switch Fire Blast for Fire Dance and Bug Buzz for Giga Drain, though I might create a new team with Bug Buzz if I want to switch it up a bit.

Thanks for the comments!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)