Resource Simple Questions, Simple Answers Thread

How are sand structures defending against the onslaught of rain teams?
Seems hard to build right now a decent sand team without investing a ton of resources to Barra/Wake/Arch
I was trying Glowking but stacking 3 Ground weaknesses (Exca/Ttar) is too much for your Ground-immunity to bear in the long run

1LDK

Vengeance
is a Top Team Rater
sand structures defending against the onslaught of rain teams?
Normally, what sand has been doing for generations is load a bulky grass type that can deal with rain, the best mon for the job right now is Amoongus, even tho it lost spore It's still tanky and has regenerator so it's not synthesis dependent, nevertheless, rain is really powerful right now so that might not work that well

Would Yawn, and only Yawn, ever get looked at again? I'm not clamoring for it or anything, but I've always thought it was the most "balanced" out of the sleep options. Granted, I don't miss it on Torkoal...

Ehmcee

A Spoopy Ghost
is a Tiering Contributor
Why didn't regidrago get confused? Lum berry didn't proc either, is shed shell a rollable item on randbats?

Replay: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9randombattle-2058855046
around turn 24
To add onto what veti said, you can get confused if you hit a fairy with Outrage, but only if it would have been the final turn of Outrage. Essentially when you use Outrage, there's a 50% chance to end on turn 2, and a 50% chance to end on Turn 3.

Your Outrage will confuse 50% of the time when cancelled on Turn 2 by a Fairy type, and 100% of the time when cancelled on Turn 3 by a fairy type.

Just wanted to add that :)

Ehmcee

A Spoopy Ghost
is a Tiering Contributor
Would a fast, frail screen setter be better than a slow, bulky one?
Almost always yes, you'd rather e guaranteed to get your screens up and then pivot/switch out then to have a chance to get taunted or OHKO'd by something faster than you.

The best screens setters currently are Dragapult, Ninetales-Alola, Grimmsnarl as well as some fringe use of Deoxys-S.

Any particular reason Damp Rock Pelipper elects for a -Speed Nature? I get the appeal of Slow U-Turns but is there anything within that range (Ting-Lu, Blissey, Clefable, Hydrapple) where it prefers to be slower instead of faster than them?

Any particular reason Damp Rock Pelipper elects for a -Speed Nature? I get the appeal of Slow U-Turns but is there anything within that range (Ting-Lu, Blissey, Clefable, Hydrapple) where it prefers to be slower instead of faster than them?
It's slower than Ting-Lu and Hydrapple. It's slower than Hippowdon if Hippo isn't min speed.

I saw a notice in OU chatroom that staff are using submitted teams, but when i hit the pokepaste button the window is within showdown, how am i supposed to get the URL from that?

veti

Supreme Overlord
is a Pre-Contributor
I saw a notice in OU chatroom that staff are using submitted teams, but when i hit the pokepaste button the window is within showdown, how am i supposed to get the URL from that?
The URL should be at the top like all websites are unless you're using the app in which case you can't get the url from there

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)