Resource Simple Questions, Simple Answers Thread

Why does Weavile run Pressure rather than Pickpocket ?
Other than the fact that Weavile rarely gets knocked off and could end up pickpocketing an item it really doesn't want, Pressure can let SD Weav pressure stall Hazes and scout stuff like Scarf Lele if the Pressure activates after Psychic Surge. FWIW both abilities aren't particularly great on Weav but Pressure has a little more unconditional utility

Pressure is simply more likely to be a small benefit to Weavile vs no-Benefit from Pickpocket. For one extremely specific example to add to the above, if you misplay and have to sack Weavile for whatever reason, A PP eaten by Pressure is one less your Bulky mons might need to play around if they have to PP stall a high-power/low-use move.

It's almost never going to actually win you a game, but "almost never" is better performance than "literally never"

Ruft

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
OU Leader
I agree Pressure tends to be more useful than Pickpocket, but Pickpocket certainly isn't "literally never" useful. One useful application of Pickpocket is the ability to come in on a Knock Off from something like (Choice-locked) Weavile and steal their item. You should decide on Pressure vs Pickpocket on a team-by-team basis.

what type of team would be the best for learning the game? right now I'm running a rain team and a stall team, but can't quite seem to break the 1450 mark with either. Thanks!

Red Raven

I COULD BE BANNED!
What is the most common ev spread and moves for Clefablob rn and what does it accomplish?. Same question but on Ferrothorn

Last edited:
If you use Future Sight without Psychic Terrain, and then activate Psychic Terrain when dealing damage, does this damage increase? Conversely, if you use Future Sight in a Psychic Terrain, but the Psychic Terrain expires before it deals damage, will the damage increase? Thank you.

Rillaboom @ Leftovers
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 240 HP / 216 Atk / 32 SpD / 20 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Grassy Glide
- Knock Off
- Drain Punch
Thanks! I know the speed is there to hit 211 speed, but what benchmarks do the other investments hit?

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)