Resource Simple Questions, Simple Answers Thread (read the op before posting a thread)

Hi

I would like to make an Unaware pyukumuku thread discussing its viability to support a hail team.

how and where can i do this?

What are some good hail team Pokemon, besides the obvious Ice types? I imagine anything that can use Blizzard or benefit from dual screens could work, but which are the best for covering the many weaknesses of the Ice type? Keep in mind that I mostly play Battle Spot 3 vs 3 and 4 vs 4 Doubles.
hey I actually was wondering if there was a location to discuss hail teams and viable options.

I wanted to suggest Unaware pyukumuku.

recover, toxic, hail (and something like swagger/pain split/protect) is a thought ive been playing with next to my Ninetales/Mamoswine/Abomasnow.

Last edited:
Hi

I would like to make an Unaware pyukumuku thread discussing its viability to support a hail team.

how and where can i do this?
Pyukumuku already had a thread at the beginning of the generation, and it was ultimately closed (or at least pushed off the front page) due to its minimal viability in the OU metagame for a while.

If you'd like to talk/ask about it and how to use it, your best bet is probably the Metagame discussion thread.

Hey there, competitively inexperienced player here. My question: Is it now mandatory to have at least 1 Tapu in the team to stay competitively viable? Their field effects seem to be so fundamental that it might be a disadvantage not to use them. Or is this more like weather, meaning you can still have a good team without it?

Hey there, competitively inexperienced player here. My question: Is it now mandatory to have at least 1 Tapu in the team to stay competitively viable? Their field effects seem to be so fundamental that it might be a disadvantage not to use them. Or is this more like weather, meaning you can still have a good team without it?
Tapu terrain is not an archetype, but a useful benefit. It is not mandatory to have at least one Tapu. You could still have a good team without the tapus.

When will Counter+Magic Guard Alakazam be implemented on the ladder? The teambuilder still lists it as an illegal combination for me.

Reactions: p2

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned deucer.
Lando that run hp ice what's their common set, I realized I could change hp for one of my pokemon for a target to hp rock to nail fire moth as a lure set instead of having to use sash dugtrio.

But hp ice lando will become more of a threat if I do.

What exactly does mimikyu do in OU?
It can hold red card and completely stop any sweeper in its tracks except for Mega Gyarados. It's also one of the best TR setters out there. It's good against HO too because HO does not like disguise. The SD set is very good too, like Wafer said

why are some pokemon like mega Sceptile still not released in OU. Mega Glalie used to be like this but now I can play him on showdnown.

I was wondering if DragMag was a viable strategy in SM OU. I heard that 4drag2mag was popular back in DPPt, and I was wondering if any variation of using Magnezone in tandem with a Dragon-type sweeper is viable in the current generation.

I was wondering if DragMag was a viable strategy in SM OU. I heard that 4drag2mag was popular back in DPPt, and I was wondering if any variation of using Magnezone in tandem with a Dragon-type sweeper is viable in the current generation.
Magnezone/Magneton + Z-Fly Salamence is a popular core I've seen and used quite a lot. Definitely an effective core seeing as Z-Fly is nearly unresisted except by Steel and Rock types, which can be dealt with by Magnezone or Earthquake from Salamence.

why are some pokemon like mega Sceptile still not released in OU. Mega Glalie used to be like this but now I can play him on showdnown.
Because Game Freak haven't released around half of the Mega Stones in Gen 7 yet. They've announced they'll be releasing them all throughout official competitions; and specifically that we'll be getting Beedrillite and Mawilite in a few weeks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 12)