Silly Things You've Seen On The OU Ladder!

Meanwhile on the No SR ladder...

I saw an Abomasnow with Leech Seed, Ingrain, Toxic and Protect. Which became major league setup bait for my Cosmic Power Sigilyph. Shame I couldn't burn it (it had already been paralyzed), but the setup worked.

Sometimes I think there should be a different thread for "Silly Things You Have Seen on the OU No SR Ladder." I've seen some shit.

Dr Ciel

Banned deucer.
Spec'd Special gyarados with blizzard and dark pulse... I have nothing left to say...
252+ SpA Choice Specs Gyarados Dark Pulse vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Jellicent: 168-198 (41.68 - 49.13%) -- 25.78% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock

252+ SpA Choice Specs Gyarados Dark Pulse vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Reuniclus: 200-236 (47.16 - 55.66%) -- 19.14% chance to 2HKO

Do not turn your back on Specs Dark Pulse Gyarados. Dark Pulse can flinch as well!

252+ SpA Choice Specs Gyarados Dark Pulse vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Jellicent: 168-198 (41.68 - 49.13%) -- 25.78% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock

252+ SpA Choice Specs Gyarados Dark Pulse vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Reuniclus: 200-236 (47.16 - 55.66%) -- 19.14% chance to 2HKO

Do not turn your back on Dark Pulse Specs Gyara.
Bite is better in both those scenarios.

252+ Atk Choice Band Gyarados Bite vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Jellicent: 190-224 (47.14 - 55.58%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252+ Atk Choice Band Gyarados Bite vs. 192 HP / 64 Def Reuniclus: 246-290 (60.14 - 70.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Bite is better in both those scenarios.

252+ Atk Choice Band Gyarados Bite vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Jellicent: 190-224 (47.14 - 55.58%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252+ Atk Choice Band Gyarados Bite vs. 192 HP / 64 Def Reuniclus: 246-290 (60.14 - 70.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
but then you can't fire blast ferrothorns anymore.. o.O

ShootingStarmie

Bulletproof
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Turn 2
The foe's Vaporeon used Dig!
Amoonguss lost 9% of its health!
The foe's Vaporeon is paralyzed! It may be unable to move!

Amoonguss used Giga Drain!
It's super effective! The foe's Vaporeon lost 32% of its health!
The foe's Vaporeon had its energy drained!
The foe's Vaporeon restored HP using its Leftovers!

(Slightly edited for reading pleasure)

How's Effect Spore Amoonguss working out for ya Gary2346? Watch out for Dig Vaporeon though. Scary shit.

Last edited:

Gary

Can be abrasive at times (no joke)
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Turn 2
The foe's Vaporeon used Dig!
Sheeett lost 9% of its health!
The foe's Vaporeon is paralyzed! It may be unable to move!

Amoonguss used Giga Drain!
It's super effective! The foe's Vaporeon lost 32% of its health!
The foe's Vaporeon had its energy drained!
The foe's Vaporeon restored HP using its Leftovers!

(Slightly edited to for reading pleasure)

How's Effect Spore Amoonguss working out for ya Gary2346? Watch out for Dig Vaporeon though. Scary shit.
I can confirm Effect Spore Amoonguss > Regenerator. Obviously.

One more my friend saw:

Swords Dance
Ice Punch
Blizzard
Dark Pulse

I'm sure it's a good idea to run Swords Dance and one physical move. Guess which Pokemon this was...

Weavile

I don't have much to add in terms of replays, but I still think it's hilarious when people come onto Showdown with their in-game teams and wonder why they can't get very high on the ladder with their awesome (for example) Samurott with Hydro Cannon / Blizzard / Hyper Beam / Surf supported by Unfezant and the frightening Zen Mode Darmanitan.

Mixed Attacking Registeel:
Iron Head
Hidden Power Fire
Substitute
Curse

That my friends is the future of the OU ladder. And he was above 1500. I would've gotten a replay but my computer froze. The same guy also had Regice with Avalanche, and Toxic Stall Gengar. That is Metagame defining stuff.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)