Should Weavile be UU?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been a long time Shoddy Battler, and I have noticed a rather significant weakness in a very Overrated ou pokemon, Weavile. Weavile has the equivalent matchup of speed to attack as Alakazam in UU, and since Weavile has many weaknesses in ou, I was considering something. Should we move Weavile into UU? here's a few reasons why:

reasons it should be out of ou

1. Poor typing:
Weavile's typing is a real curse giving it a 4x weakness to fighting with extra weaknesses to steel, bug, rock, and fire, all of which are extremely common in ou.

2. Rather mediocre attack power:
many people will confuse Weavile's speed stat value with its attack stat value making it quite overrated. Weavile's attack power is a base 120 (Outpowered by alakazam), making it a rather so-so physical attacker.

3. Shallow Move Pool
Weavile doesn't have a lot of different types of moves at its disposal (in fact it's movepool is surpassed by many common uu threats)

4. Low Defences:
Weavile's defences are utterly laughable. you can just fling a feather at it and it will get bruised, that combined with stealth rock makes sash-vile useless in ou

Reason's it should be in uu

1. Great Speed:
with a speed stat that outpaces frosslass, Weavile would easily hamper frosslass's ability to do anything really.

2. Power Boost:
There's a semi-significant power drop when you go from ou to uu, this power drop pushes Weavile from Mediocre to actually good

3. Alakazam?:
Alakazam is probably more powerful than Weavile in uu. it outspeeds everything and hits hard with STAB psychics. with such a beast moved to uu, why shouldn't Weavile?

4. Outlaw gets brought to justice: many fast little devils from uu would find themselves outpaced by Weavile who could wear them down with powerful attacks before eventually going down.

Overall:
putting Weavile in uu would give uu its long deserved "physical Gengar" of sorts. In uu Weavile would have plenty of Checks (Slowbro Steelix etc) to prevent it from becoming broken, and plenty of perks to keep it being used. In my opinion, Weavile should at least be put into the Suspect list so it can be voted on next month.

Whether something is UU or not is determined by its lack of usage in OU, not its ability in UU.

No.
It's used too much to be considered Underused. We cant just place it in UU if we wanted too (or else the tiers would be.... interesting).

First, you don't "move" something into UU. It drops. The tierings are primarily usage-based, with a little banning for balance after.

Weavile should be fine. Bullet Punches from Technitop should keep it down, among other things.

also weavile can SD on the switch for slowbro and steelix and do 90%+ (guaranteed OHKO with SR) on slowbro and steelix (night slash and lowkick respectively)

Weavile is used enough currently to be in OU, so that is where it will be until it gets used less.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)