Shoddy Battle Warstory: ~NF vs. Stelios

Well I had been testing out my team by battling in Shoddy Battle, and even though I was missing a few moves (No SR v.v) it was working fine. I challenged a user name Stelios to a battle, and off we went. We even wound up with a few spectators.

We didn't have any set clauses, but neither of us used ubers, neither of us broke the Sleep Clause, and neither of us used Evasion/OHKO. Kind of unwritten rules, I guess.

My Team:

His Team:
…well, I’ll be a little different here and keep his teammates unknown. After all, I didn’t know his team at the start of the battle, so why should you?

Stelios sent out Registeel.
~NF sent out Yanmega.

…well, this isn’t good. I can’t do anything to a Registeel, so I figure I should switch to something that can take it down.

~NF switched in Garchomp.
Registeel used Thunder Wave.
No effect!

I wasn’t expecting a free switch, but I guess I got lucky. I have no idea what he plans on switching to, so I just pick my best attack.

Stelios switched in Dusknoir.
Garchomp used Earthquake.
Dusknoir lost 71% of its health.

Well I have no idea why he sent out Dusknoir, but I’ll be able to kill it if it stays in.

Stelios switched in Dragonite.
Garchomp used Earthquake.
No effect!

…or not. Now I have to switch out because I’m locked into Earthquake. Predicting a Dragon move, I send in…

~NF switched in Lucario.
Dragonite used Dragon Rush.
It's not very effective...
Lucario lost 39% of its health.

Well that worked beautifully. Now lets see how CS Lucario can fare against his Dragonite.

Lucario used Dragon Pulse.
Super effective!
Critical hit!
Dragonite lost 166% of its health.
Stelios's Dragonite fainted.

6-5, ~NF

Wow, I must be really lucky today. I might have been in trouble if I hadn’t gotten that critical.

Stelios switched in Roserade.
~NF switched in Yanmega.
Roserade used Shadow Ball.
Yanmega lost 67% of its health.
Yanmega's leftovers restored a little health!
Yanmega's Speed Boost raised its speed!

Well I didn’t expect Shadow Ball, but I should be able to outspeed Roserade now.

Yanmega used Air Slash.
Super effective!
Roserade lost 99% of its health.
Roserade used Shadow Ball.
Yanmega lost 70% of its health.
~NF's Yanmega fainted.

5-5

Stelios: lol
~NF: ...wow
~NF: lol
Stelios: buahahahahaha

I didn’t even care that I had lost Yanmega, I just though that that was hilarious.

~NF switched in Donphan.
Donphan used Ice Shard.
Super effective!
Roserade lost 44% of its health.
Stelios's Roserade fainted.

5-4, ~NF

It seemed like a weird choice, but it worked perfectly. Hooray for priority moves.

Stelios switched in Uxie.
~NF switched in Tyranitar.
Tyranitar's Sand Stream whipped up a sandstorm!
A sandstorm brewed!
Uxie used Yawn.
Tyranitar became drowsy!
The sandstorm rages.
Uxie is buffetted by the sandstorm!
Uxie's leftovers restored a little health!

Ugh, I switched into Yawn? I can either go for the kill and fall asleep, or switch…

~NF switched in Lucario.
Uxie used Energy Ball.
Lucario lost 13% of its health.

…well I didn’t see that coming, but I’m not complaining.

Lucario used Shadow Ball.
Super effective!
Uxie lost 51% of its health.
Uxie used Thunder Wave.
Lucario became paralysed!

…great, now Lucario is virtually useless. Might as well try to finish Uxie off, though.

Stelios switched in Registeel.
Lucario is fully paralysed!

Yup, my luck has run out. Lucario can’t go on like this.

~NF switched in Blissey.
Registeel used Earthquake.
Blissey lost 19% of its health.
Blissey's leftovers restored a little health!
Blissey restored 6% of its health.

I sent in Blissey to Aromatherapy. I need Lucario to be usable again.

Blissey used Aromatherapy.
Registeel used Explosion.
Blissey lost 87% of its health.
Stelios's Registeel fainted.

5-3, ~NF

stunner (A Spectator): more atk evs
~NF: i survived that?
~NF: wow
Stelios: how come
Stelios: ss should kill u
stunner: prolly 1 hp left after ss
Stelios: ..

Well Blissey did her job, but I honestly expected her to die from that Explosion. Must be a bug.

A sandstorm brewed!
Uxie used Thunderbolt.
Tyranitar lost 17% of its health.
The sandstorm rages.
Tyranitar's leftovers restored a little health!

Okay, that Uxie is really getting annoying. I’m going to finish it off, but…

Stelios switched in Weezing.
Tyranitar used Crunch.
Weezing lost 34% of its health.

Okay, my T-Tar won’t be able to do anything to Weezing. Luckily, I know something that can!

~NF switched in Lucario.
Weezing used Will-o-wisp.
Lucario was burned!
Lucario is burnt!
Lucario lost 12% of its health.

Eh, Lucario is quite the status magnet. Whatever, it shouldn’t be a problem. However, I fail to predict the obvious.

Lucario used Psychic.
Uxie lost 16% of its health.
Lucario is burnt!

…okay, that Uxie is REALLY getting annoying. I need to get Lucario unburned.

~NF switched in Blissey.
Uxie used Energy Ball.
Blissey lost 6% of its health.
Blissey's defence was lowered.

Stelios: lol
Stelios: there aint any ss

…yeah, SB has a lot of bugs. Speaking of which… Energy Ball lowers Defense? :/

Uxie used Thunderbolt.
Blissey lost 8% of its health.
~NF's Blissey fainted.
Uxie restored 6% of its health.

4-3, ~NF

Well, I couldn’t get that second Aromatherapy off in time. Good job Blissey, you did well.

A sandstorm brewed!
Uxie used Yawn.
Tyranitar became drowsy!
Tyranitar used Dragon Dance.
Tyranitar's attack was raised.
Tyranitar's speed was raised.
The sandstorm rages.

stunner: lol
stunner: A SANDSTORM BREWED

…well, I went for the DD, hoping Uxie would switch out, but now I’m drowsy. Great.

Tyranitar used Crunch.
Super effective!
Uxie lost 87% of its health.
Stelios's Uxie fainted.
The sandstorm rages.
Tyranitar fell asleep!

4-2, ~NF

Finally! It was worth falling asleep to finish off that annoying Uxie. …but now what?

Stelios switched in Dusknoir.
~NF switched in Lucario.
Dusknoir used Pain Split.
Dusknoir lost 2% of its health.
Lucario restored 2% of its health.
Lucario is burnt!

Stelios: :(

Recovering HP from Pain Split; priceless! Well, this is probably my Lucario’s last turn. Better make it count.

Dusknoir used Shadow Sneak.
Lucario lost 12% of its health.
Lucario used Shadow Ball.
Super effective!
Dusknoir lost 55% of its health.
Stelios's Dusknoir fainted.
Lucario is burnt!
~NF's Lucario fainted.

3-1, ~NF

…and we both die. Great job Lucario, you were a hero. I know he has to send out his Weezing, so I’ll send out…

Stelios switched in Weezing.
~NF switched in Garchomp.
Garchomp used Dragon Claw.
Weezing lost 46% of its health.
Weezing used Will-o-wisp.
Garchomp was burned!
Garchomp is burnt!

…great, another burn. It shouldn’t be enough to stop me though. Time to finish him off.

Garchomp used Dragon Claw.
Weezing lost 23% of its health.
Stelios's Weezing fainted.
Garchomp is burnt!
~NF wins!

3-0, ~NF

Stelios: gg
~NF: gg

It was a good game. Close too. I don’t know what would of happened if I hadn’t gotten all those lucky shots in the beginning.

Oh, and here’s the list of Stelios’s team that I never gave you. (In order of appearance)

Props
-Me, for being able to write the first ever Shoddy Battle warstory. Although I can see why nobody else has bothered. :/
-Stelios, for playing a good match.
-Blissey, for being an amazing cleric and surviving an Explosion.
-Lucario, for defeating 2 pokes and dealing lots of damage.

Slops
-The bugs that affected Sandstream, (it stopped whenever T-Tar switched out) Energy Ball. (it lowers defense?) and probably Explosion.
-The lack of Stealth Rock, Protect, Outrage, Natural Cure, and Choice Scarf, which my team was missing.
-Donphan and Yanmega for barely doing anything.

First to post, I like the idea that you didn't use Wifi to make this. Could use a little more humor though. ShoddyBattle is kinda shoddy, but its okay for now. Gj on being the first one to make a Shoddystory. 5.5/10

Yea i lost pretty badly there . I was trying some new stuff like magnifying glasses dragonite, weezing in dp etc.

Registeel's Explosion letting Blissey live wasn't a glitch/bug.

Registeel doesn't OHKO Blissey anyway. With 252Atk, it does 685 minimum, which means standard Blissey can (not often, but sometimes) survive an attack from Registeel's Explosion if it's max Atk (without +Atk nature). I highly doubt it was using 252Atk, if any.

Crap, how can a poke lose 166%, just stupid. It doesn't help undertanding a match when a yanmega has 46% life and loses 70%! Not really good to read either. And please, it's just stupid not givin teams before the match cuz you won't remember teammembers. Would you without any pics and a weird story?!

Crap, how can a poke lose 166%, just stupid. It doesn't help undertanding a match when a yanmega has 46% life and loses 70%! Not really good to read either. And please, it's just stupid not givin teams before the match cuz you won't remember teammembers. Would you without any pics and a weird story?!
It just shows how much damage the attack would have done with unlimited HP, which I think is kinda cool.

In one particular battle my CBChomp used Earthquake on an Infernape that had used Close Combat on me. It was a critical hit, and did 724% damage. XD

It's an online battle program >.>. It was a decent read, props for using shoddy battle(seems kinda shoddy xD)
Shiny, i have no freaking idea what the bold meant, and he gave his own team before. He also put pics of his team, and introduced the opponent's team's pics at the end. I think its a cool idea to put your opponents team at the end. It leads to a bit more tension, or something. Your post makes no sense in general >.>

Yea i lost pretty badly there . I was trying some new stuff like magnifying glasses dragonite, weezing in dp etc.
Weezing is being used as a Hera and Gyara counter.

Alot of glitches though the sandstream glitch is helpful. Horray for no endless sandstream! There are too many attacks and items missing. Gyara doesn't get Taunt and Vaporeon and Jirachi don't get Wish. Starmie doesn't even get Natural Cure.

It's an online battle program >.>. It was a decent read, props for using shoddy battle(seems kinda shoddy xD)
Shiny, i have no freaking idea what the bold meant, and he gave his own team before. He also put pics of his team, and introduced the opponent's team's pics at the end. I think its a cool idea to put your opponents team at the end. It leads to a bit more tension, or something. Your post makes no sense in general >.>

So, this has no sense either. -_- Well, who cares it's a battle programme. And I find warstories much easier to read if the teams are introduced before the "story". And please stop spamming >.> It's dumb

So, this has no sense either. -_- Well, who cares it's a battle programme. And I find warstories much easier to read if the teams are introduced before the "story". And please stop spamming >.> It's dumb
wartz is right its a cool idea, and btw your post did make no sense.

Yeah, I've been playing around on Shoddy for the last couple a days too, since my sister took her DS to college....anyways, nice warstory, although I didn't read all of it, props for writing a Shoddy Battle one

I had always liked the idea of introducing the members as the battle went along, figure I'll do that if I ever feel creative and put a warstory together.

The more I read about Shoddy Battle the more I stay away from it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)