SS RU Shell Side Harm

HailFall

my cancer is sun and my leo is moon
Shell Side Harm

Introduction
Hi, I'm HailFall. I'm pretty new to the RU community, having only started playing a couple months ago. Last month I posted my first RU RMT, Plan Bee. But at the beginning of this month RU got a massive number of drops that completely changed the meta. Since then I've worked hard to learn the new meta and I think I've produced a very good team. Its been extremely consistent for me, and it lacks much in the way of super bad matchups. I'm very happy with it and I hope you guys will enjoy it too.

Team

Slowbro-Galar
Item: Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 84 Spe
Nature: Bold
IVs: 0 Atk
Moves: Sludge Bomb | Scald | Calm Mind | Slack Off

Glowbro is the first mon on this team, serving as a powerful wincon in addition to a check to numerous Fighting-types in the tier. Black Sludge is the ideal item for a bulky Poison-type wincon like this, and can punish Trick mons as well. Regenerator is chosen because I have a soul, and it enables bro to keep healthy when serving as a pivot. The speed is so that Glowbro can outpace uninvested base 40s. The rest is dumped into physical bulk so that Glowbro can more readily switch into physical Fighting-types. The moveset is standard, with Sludge Bomb as a STAB and Scald to fish for burns and punish various Ground-types.

Bewear
Item: Choice Band
Ability: Fluffy
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Nature: Jolly
Moves: Close Combat | Drain Punch | Double-Edge | Darkest Lariat

Bewear is a great compliment to Slowbro, busting through Pokemon like Umbreon and switching into Knock Off and Poltergeist. Choice Band maximizes Bewear's initial power so that it hits as hard as possible right off the bat, tearing down defensive cores with its perfect coverage. Fluffy is the obvious choice of ability so that Bewear can comfortably switch into pokemon like Drapion and Golisopod. The EV spread is standard, but a Jolly nature is used to ensure Bewear can outspeed Golurk and unboosted Scrafty. The moveset is also standard.

Rotom-Mow
Item: Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 8 SpA / 248 Spe
Nature: Timid
Moves: Leaf Storm | Volt Switch | Nasty Plot | Defog

Mowtom was added next so the team had an EQ switchin and way to generate momentum. Mowtom also helps the team to break through bulky waters such as Milotic or Mantine who can be annoying otherwise. Mowtom is easily one of the strongest and most splashable mons in the tier right now, and it provides a great deal to any team. Leftovers and maximum HP investment are used to that Mowtom can take hits more easily and stay alive better throughout the game. Only 248 Speed EVs are used so that I get the slow Volt Switch against opposing Mowtom. Nasty Plot is great for pressuring most things fat, as it doesn't have a lot of defensive answers, and can also help Rotom to secure extra chip against pokemon like Bronzong before volting out. Defog is the last chosen move, keeping certain pokemon like Porygon2 from being worn down too easily.

Porygon2
Item: Eviolite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Nature: Calm
Moves: Shadow Ball | Toxic | Recover | Teleport

Porygon2 is a bit of an underappreciated mon now that the tier has pokemon like Umbreon for all-purpose fat, but it still maintains a solid niche thanks to Teleport. For this team, it checks pokemon like Dragalge, Gardevoir, Inteleon, and Goodra with its great special bulk and Eviolite. It can pivot around easily and be a general nuisance to the enemy team, constantly taking momentum. Trace is a great ability with too many uses to list. The spread is standard. Shadow Ball is my chosen attack to hit Gardevoir, Sigilyph, and Glowbro hard, but also to potentially snipe Golurk when it thinks it will switch into a Tri-Attack safely.

Seismitoad
Item: Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 Spe
Nature: Impish
Moves: Scald | Knock Off | Earthquake | Stealth Rock

Seismitoad is this team's rocker, able to set up rocks quite easily with its typing and bulk, and also check Lycanroc, Glowbro, and a number of Water-types. Leftovers help keep Seismitoad alive in the long run, and Water absorb is a great ability for allowing Toad to check Barraskewda and switch in on various Water-types in the tier for free. The spread runs a small amount of speed which allows it to outspeed modest Eggy-A, Dragalge, and Vikavolt while the rest is dumped into physical bulk so it can more easily survive hits from the likes of Drapion, Skewda, and Steelix.

Gardevoir
Item: Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Nature: Timid
Moves: Moonblast | Psychic | Mystical Fire | Trick

Gardevoir is the last mon on the team, equipped with a Choice Scarf to turn it into a threatening revenge killer. It serves as a check to Scrafty in particular which my team otherwise hates, and can also kill most other offensive mons should a teammember be unable to deal with it for whatever reason. Trace helps Gardevoir come in safely or beat a number of pokemon that it would otherwise not be able to. Namely Sand Rush, Swift Swim, Chlorophyll, or Slush Rush users. It can also trace something like Adaptability or Sheer Force for a devastating power boost. The spread and set are standard. Trick is used so that Gardevoir can carry its weight in slower matchups, or to ease prediction when necessary.

Threatlist

Scrafty is a pain to switch into for this team, but can be played around. Gardevoir can revenge kill it at least, but try to limit opportunities for it to come in.

This team is slow enough that Centiskorch is fairly threatening, but Slowbro can take a knock and scald to wear it down. If absolutely necessary, P2 can Trace Flash Fire to counter it, though it will get knocked which sucks vs other things. Garde can also tentatively switch in thanks to Tracing Flash Fire.

Offensive CM Sigilyph is probably the biggest annoyance for this team, but it can still be crippled by Tricking it with Gardevoir or preventing it from coming in. Thankfully, its very uncommon nowadays as most CM Sigi are Flame Orb.

Importable
Slowbro-Galar @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 84 Spe
Bold Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- Scald
- Calm Mind
- Slack Off

Bewear @ Choice Band
Ability: Fluffy
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Drain Punch
- Double-Edge
- Darkest Lariat

Rotom-Mow @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 8 SpA / 248 Spe
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Volt Switch
- Nasty Plot
- Defog

Porygon2 @ Eviolite
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Toxic
- Recover
- Teleport

Seismitoad @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 Spe
Impish Nature
- Scald
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock

Gardevoir @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Psychic
- Mystical Fire
- Trick

Thanks

Thanks for reading my RMT. Shoutouts to everyone in the RUcord for being so cool and also helping me learn the tier and get better at building (wont mass tag cause dont want to annoy anyone lol). See you guys next time.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)