Shedinja [QC Rejected 3/3]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kreme

You might be right but you're not correct.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
QC:
GP:

Overview
########
  • Only Pokemon with Wonder Guard, which allows it to counter Pokemon without super effective coverage or status.
  • Decent Attack
  • Low Speed
  • One HP which means it gets KOed by any hit, entry hazards, as well as status.
  • Needs a whole lot of support.

One-Hit Wonder
########
name: One-Hit Wonder
move 1: Shadow Sneak
move 2: X-Scissor
move 3: Swords Dance
move 4: Will-O-Wisp / Protect
ability: Wonder Guard
item: Focus Sash
evs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
nature: Adamant

Moves
========
  • Shadow Sneak is a good STAB attack that has +1 priority, which allows Shedinja to make up for its abysmal Speed.
  • X-Scissor is a consistent secondary STAB attack that allows Shedinja to hit decently hard.
  • Swords Dance boosts Shedinja's Attack stat by two stages, making it a dangerous sweeper.
  • Will-O-Wisp allows Shedinja to cripple Pokemon that tend to switch-in, such as Mega Aerodactyl.
  • Protect allows Shedinja to scout for coverage moves.

Set Details
========
  • Focus Sash allows Shedinja to live any one-hit.
  • Maximum Attack and Speed EVs augment Shedinja's sweeping capabilities and are the only stats worth investing in.
  • An Adamant nature is used to ensure Shedinja hits as hard as possible.

Usage Tips
========
  • Switch into Pokemon that it walls thanks to Wonder Guard, such as Suicune, Mega Swampert and Mega Sceptile, and take advantage of those Pokemon by either using them as setup fodder, or crippling a switch-in.
  • Should Protect be chosen in the fourth moveslot, always use it to scout for super effective coverage moves as well as status.

Team Options
========
  • Rapid Spin and Defog users, such as Mega Blastoise and Crobat respectively, also make for good teammates as they remove entry hazards that render Shedinja useless.
  • VoltTurn users, such as Rotom-C and Infernape, make for good teammates as they can bring in Shedinja safely.
  • Wallbreakers, such as Choice Band Darmanitan and Choice Specs Dragalge, make for good teammates as they remove walls that stop Shedinja from sweeping.
  • Sweepers, such as Swords Dance Lucario and Nasty Plot Infernape, make for good teammates as they capitalize on Shedinja's ability to weaken opposing teams when it attempts a sweep.
  • Entry hazards help Shedinja sweep more easily, making entry hazard setters, such as Forretress and Nidoqueen, good teammates.

Other Options
########
  • Baton Pass
  • Sucker Punch
  • Safety Goggles

Checks & Counters
########

**Entry Hazards**: Shedinja is hit by all entry hazards and is unable to switch into any of them bar Sticky Web.

**Passive damage**: Shedinja is damaged by sandstorm and hail, rendering Shedinja useless against Hippowdon and Abomasnow. Rocky Helmet and Leech Seed also damage Shedinja, making users of both, such as Alomomola and Whimsicott respectively, very good Shedinja checks and counters.

**Coverage Moves**: Shedinja has a plethora of weaknesses, making it weak to common coverage moves. Pokemon that use such moves, such as Knock Off Mienshao and Fire Blast Salamence, are good checks to Shedinja, although they have to be wary of Will-O-Wisp.

Last edited:

SparksBlade

is a Tournament Directoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Community Leader
not qc but imo in Team Options spinners and defoggers should be mentioned first, since Shedinja necessitates hazard removal

Reactions: nv

nv

The Lost Age
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
not qc but imo in Team Options spinners and defoggers should be mentioned first, since Shedinja necessitates hazard removal
Seconding this.

Tbh I would love to see a mention of Baton Pass in Moves as it allows Sheddy to act like a slow pivot, although it cannot be stressed enough that it is illegal in conjunction with Swords Dance (which may be why it is OO lol). Also I think the moves should be arranged as follows:

One-Hit Wonder
########
move 1: Swords Dance
move 3: Shadow Sneak

This is because Swords Dance is the basis of the set and as such should be the first move.

Other than that, I love the name of the set and looks good.

Kreme

You might be right but you're not correct.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Seconding this.

Tbh I would love to see a mention of Baton Pass in Moves as it allows Sheddy to act like a slow pivot, although it cannot be stressed enough that it is illegal in conjunction with Swords Dance (which may be why it is OO lol). Also I think the moves should be arranged as follows:

One-Hit Wonder
########
move 1: Swords Dance
move 3: Shadow Sneak

This is because Swords Dance is the basis of the set and as such should be the first move.

Other than that, I love the name of the set and looks good.
Yeah the only reason BP is in OO despite it's use is because of being illegal with SD. I will wait on QC to determine the order of the moves though.

Will implement this, you're quite right.

Sam

i say it's all just wind in sails
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Some things:

SD isn't technically legal on Shedinja this gen, at some point that will be reflected on PS

Shedinja requires an incredible amount of support and we recently took it off of the viability rankings for UU

QC Rejecting 1/3

Yeah, I was thinking about it last night and today and I've come to realize that thing is horrendous even with all the whoring some people have been giving it (which is undeserved but thats a story for another day), which is why I'm also rejecting this.

As Sam said, it needs a huge amount of support just to do decently well, and for some reason people have some sort of idea that it's a godsend against stall teams (which isn't really the truth) because its illegal SD set can deal with Crocune, Snorlax, Cresselia, and other stall wincons, but it dies to hazard damage and status, which are both extremely common on stall, and the fact that it dies to weather doesn't help its case either, especially with Abomasnow and Hippowdon getting more popular. Yeah it does decently vs stall, but there's a lot of other mons you could use that don't need nearly as much support as Shedinja.

QC Rejected 2/3

IronBullet

Astronomy Domine
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Yeah we discussed this on irc last night, as the above two have said Sheddy requires an overwhelming amount of support just to be able to have some sort of impact in a match. Sorry Kreme, moving. Feel free to take another Pokemon up

QC Rejected 3/3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)