VGC Semi-Anti Meta Balance VGC Team Feat. Hisuian Goodra

Hello there!

Once the World Championship came around, I wanted to really start exploring VGC a bit more than I had in the beginning of Scarlet and Violet, and while I generally knew the current meta, I still needed to explore it on showdown and in smaller tournaments via limitless, but I had some ideas I wanted to try.

The first thing that I really wanted to do was to counter Urshifu Rapid Strike (and Single Strike if possible). I understood that this thing was definitely something to watch for, and with Home just releasing before worlds started, I knew it would become a menace again as it did during gen 8.

Thus came the first team member, Hisuian Goodra.

Goodra.PNG

Goodra Stats.PNG

When I first saw this, I thought it would honestly be a really good pokemon, especially in OU due to its typing. While this isn't directly the case, I still thought it would be slightly useful in VGC, even if just a sponge for hits due to its solid HP and VERY good Special Defense.

Turns out, not many people have been using it...at all. As of writing this (September 2, 2023), 1.88% usage in the meta.

So yeah, this thing is not used often. However, I saw a video of someone going through counters for the Urshifu's that were being released with home, and the first one being used was Hisuian Goodra with the following set (EV's and Tera are my choice)

Goodra-Hisui @ Leftovers
Ability: Shell Armor
Level: 50
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 100 Def / 140 SpD / 12 Spe
Careful Nature
- Acid Armor
- Body Press
- Heavy Slam
- Life Dew

To me, this literally looked somewhat like a joke, until I actually got into battles and genuinely stalled out both Urshifus and Iron Hands in multiple battles. This is intended to be able to tank hits from any Urshifus, as well as tank hits on the special side, such as Flutter Mane (due to its significant popularity). With Tera, it walls Iron Hands super easily, and that helps against the Urshifus as well. Even without Tera, it can still take a LOT of damage before getting taken out.

Just some meta calcs I did to explain why I love this thing.

252 SpA Iron Bundle Freeze-Dry vs. 252 HP / 140+ SpD Goodra-Hisui: 34-42 (18.1 - 22.4%) -- possible 6HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Iron Hands Drain Punch vs. 252 HP / 100 Def Goodra-Hisui: 134-162 (71.6 - 86.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery (With Tera this changes drastically)
252+ Atk Iron Hands Wild Charge vs. 252 HP / 100 Def Goodra-Hisui: 40-48 (21.3 - 25.6%) -- possible 5HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Flutter Mane Shadow Ball vs. 252 HP / 140+ SpD Goodra-Hisui: 42-49 (22.4 - 26.2%) -- possible 5HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Choice Specs Gholdengo Shadow Ball vs. 252 HP / 140+ SpD Goodra-Hisui: 61-73 (32.6 - 39%) -- 14% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
76+ Atk Arcanine Flare Blitz vs. 252 HP / 100 Def Goodra-Hisui: 79-94 (42.2 - 50.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

My goal with this post is to share my team but to also get feedback. For Goodra, I probably need to change the EVs around a bit to better suit it, but I would love some thoughts about other options for moves and/or spreads. I did consider Tera Water instead of Fairy, but I think that fairy also can help cover fighting type moves against it.

Next member up is the other "spicy" pick for the team, Spectrier
spectrier.PNG

spectrier stats.PNG

Even without its Calyrex-Shadow form, this thing is an absolute beast for its stats, despite not always seeming like it is. This thing is being overshadowed by Flutter Mane (for obvious reasons), but I still think it can be quite beneficial, especially with access to Nasty Plot for some disgusting damage.

Spectrier @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Grim Neigh
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Nasty Plot
- Draining Kiss
- Shadow Ball
- Protect

The biggest thing with Spectrier is I am perfectly comfortable running this OR Flutter Mane, but would love to slightly surprise people with Spectrier over Flutter. I'm not opposed to a future suggestion of Flutter Mane replacing this, I would just prefer using this set. I am also not going to show calcs for Spectrier or a few of the other pokemon, as I want to not spend 5 hours on this post lol. ANYWAYS, Spectrier is intended to be paired with Amoonguss (will be showcased next) in order to be able to set up Nasty Plot and run rampant through teams. Tera Fairy to ensure Sucker Punch and/or other Dark type moves don't do as much as they could do with its base 60 defense. Safety Goggles to prevent Amoonguss from being a pain against it with no Psyshock or Psychic on the set. Protect is there for scouting purposes, and Draining Kiss over Tera Blast to allow myself some flexibility to Tera something else other than Spectrier, and to potentially heal a lot of HP every time I use Draining Kiss. Every bit of HP counts, and if I can restore it in some capacity, then I am a big fan of the move itself. Spread is just a standard offensive spread, nothing specifically calculated with it. From the games I've played, it either lives and murders things, or dies very quickly, so I felt that just keeping it offensive versus calcing other things was better for my time spent building the team.

I tried Focus Sash, but felt that Safety Goggles were better against the majority of teams that were running around with Amoonguss as well as preventing the occasional sand teams from chipping my horse.

For Spectrier, I would appreciate any suggestions for EV spreads and/or move changes. I don't mind replacing it either, as I feel it's slightly expendable versus bringing in the obvious Flutter Mane, but would love to try and make Spectrier work.

Next up is the main tank of the team, Amoonguss

Amoonguss.PNG

Amoonguss stats.PNG

God this thing is annoying as hell, and I hate how useful it is as a whole. Typing, stats, movepool, everything about it is just useful in every capacity. Even if you build it physically defensively, it STILL can do so much specially as well. It can even be the slightest bit offensive if you build it right.

Amoonguss @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Regenerator
Tera Type: Grass
EVs: 244 HP / 184 Def / 80 SpD
Bold Nature
- Rage Powder
- Spore
- Clear Smog
- Pollen Puff

Mine is intended to be the other physical wall on the team, if you count Goodra as a physical wall. Its goal is to tank the Close Combats if Tera is being used on something else, or if I decide not to bring Goodra to a match. It can handle Urshifu for the most part, but it also has the duty of letting Spectrier or Urshifu go wild on the enemy team. This was more of a meta spread I found online that generally worked for the goal I had in mind with it, but If I'm being honest, I don't remember exactly what I calculated the stats for with specific matchups. I'll try to remember, but at this point It's been a couple of weeks since I calc'd out the mushroom. Would love some advice on possible EV spreads and/or move changes if needed. I think this is one member that'll probably stay

At this point in the teambuilding, I thought it was going well, but I realized I had a problem with speed control and some priority issues on the team. I also wanted a bit more natural speed than Spectrier, so I brought in the current best Tailwind setter in the meta, Tornadus

Tornadus.PNG

Tornadus stats.PNG

Fast, Prankster, Specially and Physically strong, a wide coverage of moves, moves that can hit both opponents, utility moves, honestly it has so much it suffers from 4 move slot syndrome at times.

Tornadus @ Mental Herb
Ability: Prankster
Tera Type: Flying
EVs: 4 HP / 44 Def / 204 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Tailwind
- Bleakwind Storm
- Taunt
- Icy Wind

This was more of a meta Torn I had seen floating around, so I stole it and made it the slightest bit bulkier and gave it a mental herb to counter any other Tornadus' trying to taunt me (which would also be my strategy funny enough). Bleakwind and Icy Wind for damage + more speed control. Very much a meta Tornadus set, but wouldn't mind trying to switch it up a bit in order to be a bit bulkier, as it often leans in the supportive direction anyways. Would appreciate some advice for this pokemon, as this is one of my first times really using Tornadus.

Next up is Heatran

Heatran.PNG

Heatran stats.PNG

I absolutely love this pokemon for all of the reasons why it's popular. Bulky, Strong, amazing coverage, amazing typing, and just so much versatility across every format it can enter. I decided to try and be a bit creative with the set in order to live some more hits while still doing a good bit of damage

Heatran @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 204 HP / 4 Def / 156 SpA / 4 SpD / 140 Spe
Modest Nature
- Protect
- Flash Cannon
- Heat Wave
- Earth Power

Heatran with Tailwind up outspeeds nearly everything that's popular in the current meta excluding Iron Bundle and Iron Jugulis (nice meme). Without Tailwind, it still outspeeds a LOT due its naturally high speed. I kept it this high in order to outspeed some things at +0, but to also let it outspeed some things near its speed tier with not much speed investment. 156 Modest Special Attack still gives it a LOT of firepower across 3 different moves, which are geared towards being able to adapt to the pokemon in front of it. Flash Cannon for Flutter Mane + Scream Tail, Heat Wave for stab + Steel/Bug/Grass/Ice types, and Earth Power for opposing Heatrans, Electric types, Rock types, and other Fire types. Protect is there to scout again, as VGC needs a lot of scouting, even with open team sheets.

I think I like this set the most, alongside Amoonguss. However, as always, I am open to suggestions regarding this set too :)

Last, but not least, I had to include at least something broken on the team. What better pokemon to slap on the team than the pokemon I originally set out to counter with Goodra? Urshifu Rapid Strike :)

Urshifu RS.PNG

Urshifu RS Stats.PNG

Urshifu-Rapid-Strike @ Focus Sash
Ability: Unseen Fist
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Surging Strikes
- Close Combat
- U-turn
- Aqua Jet

I'll just get straight into the set honestly, cause this thing does NOT need an introduction. Focus Sash because I felt better with a tiny bit of survivability on it than with a Choice Band or Life Orb/Mystic Water/etc. The rest of it is a bit more standard, with U-Turn being there to scout out potential switches, as well as get out in the case of an incoming spore and/or Super Effective moves. Protect would be an idea, but against opposing Urshifu's it's useless.

Yes I just contradicted myself by noting that Protect was great for scouting, but useless against Urshifus. I know, but I'm too lazy to go back and edit that in on each pokemon.

I think the biggest thing for this team is that I think it's good, but could use improvements either in the specific pokemon being used or their sets. I can't figure this out, and that's why I'm asking for a RMT about this team.

If you like the team, let me know. I appreciate all feedback :)

https://pokepast.es/cfee1fc561ef3dbd of the team

Goodra-Hisui @ Leftovers
Ability: Shell Armor
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 100 Def / 140 SpD / 12 Spe
Careful Nature
- Acid Armor
- Body Press
- Heavy Slam
- Life Dew

Spectrier @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Grim Neigh
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Draining Kiss
- Shadow Ball
- Protect

Amoonguss @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 244 HP / 184 Def / 80 SpD
Bold Nature
- Rage Powder
- Spore
- Clear Smog
- Pollen Puff

Tornadus @ Mental Herb
Tera Type: Flying
EVs: 4 HP / 44 Def / 204 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Tailwind
- Bleakwind Storm
- Taunt
- Icy Wind

Heatran @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 204 HP / 4 Def / 156 SpA / 4 SpD / 140 Spe
Modest Nature
- Protect
- Flash Cannon
- Heat Wave
- Earth Power

Urshifu-Rapid-Strike @ Focus Sash
Ability: Unseen Fist
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Surging Strikes
- Close Combat
- U-turn
- Aqua Jet

Full team for copy pasta

LovelyLuna

Lost in a life full of mistakes
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Hey! Love the idea and do believe Hisuian Goodra is a viable pokemon. Has its place in the meta with the right support whoch this team does bring out to some degree. I do indeed agree there are some things missing to be able to let out Goodra's full potential here.

Major Changes (Pokemon Replacements):

:Tornadus: -> :Grimmsnarl:

Your team seems to consist of bulkier slow pokemon instead of faster frailer pokemon. They are usually going to be taking the hits and moving last, you're losing a tailwind mirror and a trick room matchup in the speed department due to the mid speed your pokemon have. 4 of them being sub 100 and 4 of them being faster than Base 50. I believe you should accept that you'll move last and bulk out your team even more, making it harder for teams to break. :Goodra-Hisui: in particular appreciates screens as It can not be crit, :Grimmsnarl: just gives it a lot of free turns to set up and sweep for itself.

Grimmsnarl @ Light Clay
EVs: 212 HP / 12 Atk / 156 Def / 116 SpD / 12 Spe
Tera Type: Ghost / Steel
Careful Nature
- Spirit Break
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Parting Shot / Thunder Wave / Fake Out / Taunt

:Spectrier: -> :Flutter Mane:, :Chi-Yu: or :Gholdengo:

It is indeed not a very good pokemon, I particularly notice you don't have a 'burst damage' option, hence any of these pokemon holding :Choice-specs: would fit nicely as pokemon that can A) function without screens and B) pokemon that can beat opposing :Gholdengo:.

:Gholdengo: is the best answer to :Goodra-Hisui: as it can not break past its typing at all, Ghost types in general (Except for :Flutter Mane:) aren't ideal because you're relying on an uninvested Heavy Slam to beat them. These pokemon are special nukes that can eliminate threats to :Goodra-Hisui: and let it sweep in the endgame. Keep in mind :Chi-Yu: to a lesser extent to avoid doubling up on fire types although It is fine as It is the single best :Gholdengo: answer in the format.

Flutter Mane @ Choice Specs
Ability: Protosynthesis
EVs: 68 HP / 140 Def / 132 SpA / 4 SpD / 164 Spe
Tera Type: Fairy / Water
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Dazzling Gleam
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt / Energy Ball / Icy Wind

Chi-Yu @ Choice Specs
Ability: Beads of Ruin
EVs: 212 HP / 4 Def / 124 SpA / 4 SpD / 164 Spe
Tera Type: Grass / Ghost
Modest Nature
- Heat Wave
- Overheat
- Dark Pulse
- Tera Blast /Snarl

Gholdengo @ Choice Specs
Ability: Good as Gold
EVs: 228 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 20 Spe
Tera Type: Steel
Modest Nature
- Make It Rain
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt
- Trick

Minor Changes (Items, Tera Types, Move slots):

:Amoonguss: Should be Tera Water to resist Fire/Ice, keeping the :Urshifu-Rapid-Strike: resist while being an amazing neutral typing for bulky pokemon to abuse, assuming that was an oversight. It should also run Protect or Leaf Storm over Clear Smog. :Dondozo:, the main reason you would run clear smog, is not a problem for this team due to Amoonguss redirection paired with Urshifu or one of the choiced breakers really overwhelming it. Leaf Storm helps you deal burst damage and has feats of ohkoing most :Urshifu-Rapid-Strike: spreads while protect lets you scout and preserve :Amoonguss: without making hard switches.

:Heatran: is better off with :Assault-vest:, going Protect -> Tera Blast or dropping Flash Cannon for Substitute. Assault Vest :Heatran: will further improve your :Dondozo: matchup while Substitute is a generally amazing move on it, with Amoonguss, threatening sweepers and screens support, :Heatran: will find an opportunity to substitute and be difficult to break through for teams.

Focus sash :Urshifu-Rapid-Strike: is unnecessary, or at least now it is with the :Grimmsnarl: addition. You could keep the same moveset with :Mystic-water: or give it the now free :Safety-goggles: and Swords Dance over Close Combat. Mystc Water is generally nice and probably what I'd recommend here, easier to pilot and the fighting coverage can be crucial. However, Swords Dance gives you another way to clean up and with the smazing support :Amoonguss: and :Grimmsnarl: provide, you're bound to get some off every few games. This also acts as a replacement when :Goodra-Hisui: has a rough matchup which will sometimes happen.

Very Minor Changes (EV spreads, natures):

Side note: Bump refers to certain numbers where you get an optimal boost from the nature, pokemon always rounds down and natures are a 10% boost so if my pokemon had 169 Special attack, It would add 16 points if I went modest and total to 185. If my pokemon had 170 however, it would add 17 points and the total would be 187. I've gained pretty much a 2 for 1 deal which is why you'll see me mention it often, just optimal when you aren't looking for a specific kill.

:Goodra-Hisui: will appreciate 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def with a Careful nature, because it's SpD stat is already so high, you get a lot less value investing into it, on the other hand, you get twice the value with defense EVs because when you Acid Armor, you're doubling your total defense stat. (With 0 Investment, Goodra has 120 Defense, after one acid armor that becomes 240 and after another one it reaches 480. With 252 Investment, Goodra reaches 152 Defense, after one acid armor it hits 304 and after two it goes to reach 608. Youre effectively gaining more value than the original 32 points of defense.
116+ SpA Choice Specs Tera-Fairy Flutter Mane Moonblast vs. 0 HP / 252+ SpD Goodra-Hisui: 90-108 (58 - 69.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
116+ SpA Choice Specs Tera-Fairy Flutter Mane Moonblast vs. 252 HP / 0+ SpD Goodra-Hisui: 108-128 (57.7 - 68.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

:Amoonguss: is wasting EVs, keep in mind they start out with 4 and then every 8 EVs are equal to one stat, or they can be multiples of 4 but not multiples of 8 (180+ and 84 SpD would be correct here). 244 Hp is also for Sitrus Berry sets, you would drop down to 236 Hp for regenerator and move the 8 into SpD. This still keeps the Adamant Chien Pao Ice Spinner live.

:Heatran: would like to go up to the next bump of 236 SpA to still reliably output damage, You would drop down to 188 HP for better substitue numbers but also to enable you to hit 76 Speed, outspeeding a paralyzed Dragapult if you go Thunder wave

:Urshifu-Rapid-Strike: could use 44/156/4/0/140/164 Adamant for the Mystic Water set, hitting an atk bump and keeping a decent bit of speed while getting these crucial lives. The Swords Dance set would be relatively similar, except it drops down to the first Attack bump (76) in favor of special bulk, this is because you don't need as much investment with the ability to double your attack.
252+ Atk Choice Band Sword of Ruin Tera-Normal Dragonite Extreme Speed vs. 44 HP / 4 Def Urshifu-Rapid Strike: 153-180 (84.5 - 99.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
116+ SpA Choice Specs Flutter Mane Moonblast vs. 44 HP / 140 SpD Tera-Water Urshifu-Rapid Strike: 153-181 (84 - 99.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
116+ SpA Choice Specs Tera-Fairy Flutter Mane Dazzling Gleam vs. 44 HP / 220 SpD Urshifu-Rapid Strike through Light Screen: 157-187 (86.7 - 103.3%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO

And that would be all of it! It may seem like a lot but It should still follow the idea of setting up Hisuian Goodra, only 2 members being changed for a bulkier more optimal play style for the rest of the team. Feel free to ask any questions or point out anything I missed!

Hey! Love the idea and do believe Hisuian Goodra is a viable pokemon. Has its place in the meta with the right support whoch this team does bring out to some degree. I do indeed agree there are some things missing to be able to let out Goodra's full potential here.

Major Changes (Pokemon Replacements):

:Tornadus: -> :Grimmsnarl:

Your team seems to consist of bulkier slow pokemon instead of faster frailer pokemon. They are usually going to be taking the hits and moving last, you're losing a tailwind mirror and a trick room matchup in the speed department due to the mid speed your pokemon have. 4 of them being sub 100 and 4 of them being faster than Base 50. I believe you should accept that you'll move last and bulk out your team even more, making it harder for teams to break. :Goodra-Hisui: in particular appreciates screens as It can not be crit, :Grimmsnarl: just gives it a lot of free turns to set up and sweep for itself.

Grimmsnarl @ Light Clay
EVs: 212 HP / 12 Atk / 156 Def / 116 SpD / 12 Spe
Tera Type: Ghost / Steel
Careful Nature
- Spirit Break
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Parting Shot / Thunder Wave / Fake Out / Taunt

:Spectrier: -> :Flutter Mane:, :Chi-Yu: or :Gholdengo:

It is indeed not a very good pokemon, I particularly notice you don't have a 'burst damage' option, hence any of these pokemon holding :Choice-specs: would fit nicely as pokemon that can A) function without screens and B) pokemon that can beat opposing :Gholdengo:.

:Gholdengo: is the best answer to :Goodra-Hisui: as it can not break past its typing at all, Ghost types in general (Except for :Flutter Mane:) aren't ideal because you're relying on an uninvested Heavy Slam to beat them. These pokemon are special nukes that can eliminate threats to :Goodra-Hisui: and let it sweep in the endgame. Keep in mind :Chi-Yu: to a lesser extent to avoid doubling up on fire types although It is fine as It is the single best :Gholdengo: answer in the format.

Flutter Mane @ Choice Specs
Ability: Protosynthesis
EVs: 68 HP / 140 Def / 132 SpA / 4 SpD / 164 Spe
Tera Type: Fairy / Water
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Dazzling Gleam
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt / Energy Ball / Icy Wind

Chi-Yu @ Choice Specs
Ability: Beads of Ruin
EVs: 212 HP / 4 Def / 124 SpA / 4 SpD / 164 Spe
Tera Type: Grass / Ghost
Modest Nature
- Heat Wave
- Overheat
- Dark Pulse
- Tera Blast /Snarl

Gholdengo @ Choice Specs
Ability: Good as Gold
EVs: 228 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 20 Spe
Tera Type: Steel
Modest Nature
- Make It Rain
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt
- Trick

Minor Changes (Items, Tera Types, Move slots):

:Amoonguss: Should be Tera Water to resist Fire/Ice, keeping the :Urshifu-Rapid-Strike: resist while being an amazing neutral typing for bulky pokemon to abuse, assuming that was an oversight. It should also run Protect or Leaf Storm over Clear Smog. :Dondozo:, the main reason you would run clear smog, is not a problem for this team due to Amoonguss redirection paired with Urshifu or one of the choiced breakers really overwhelming it. Leaf Storm helps you deal burst damage and has feats of ohkoing most :Urshifu-Rapid-Strike: spreads while protect lets you scout and preserve :Amoonguss: without making hard switches.

:Heatran: is better off with :Assault-vest:, going Protect -> Tera Blast or dropping Flash Cannon for Substitute. Assault Vest :Heatran: will further improve your :Dondozo: matchup while Substitute is a generally amazing move on it, with Amoonguss, threatening sweepers and screens support, :Heatran: will find an opportunity to substitute and be difficult to break through for teams.

Focus sash :Urshifu-Rapid-Strike: is unnecessary, or at least now it is with the :Grimmsnarl: addition. You could keep the same moveset with :Mystic-water: or give it the now free :Safety-goggles: and Swords Dance over Close Combat. Mystc Water is generally nice and probably what I'd recommend here, easier to pilot and the fighting coverage can be crucial. However, Swords Dance gives you another way to clean up and with the smazing support :Amoonguss: and :Grimmsnarl: provide, you're bound to get some off every few games. This also acts as a replacement when :Goodra-Hisui: has a rough matchup which will sometimes happen.

Very Minor Changes (EV spreads, natures):

Side note: Bump refers to certain numbers where you get an optimal boost from the nature, pokemon always rounds down and natures are a 10% boost so if my pokemon had 169 Special attack, It would add 16 points if I went modest and total to 185. If my pokemon had 170 however, it would add 17 points and the total would be 187. I've gained pretty much a 2 for 1 deal which is why you'll see me mention it often, just optimal when you aren't looking for a specific kill.

:Goodra-Hisui: will appreciate 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def with a Careful nature, because it's SpD stat is already so high, you get a lot less value investing into it, on the other hand, you get twice the value with defense EVs because when you Acid Armor, you're doubling your total defense stat. (With 0 Investment, Goodra has 120 Defense, after one acid armor that becomes 240 and after another one it reaches 480. With 252 Investment, Goodra reaches 152 Defense, after one acid armor it hits 304 and after two it goes to reach 608. Youre effectively gaining more value than the original 32 points of defense.
116+ SpA Choice Specs Tera-Fairy Flutter Mane Moonblast vs. 0 HP / 252+ SpD Goodra-Hisui: 90-108 (58 - 69.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
116+ SpA Choice Specs Tera-Fairy Flutter Mane Moonblast vs. 252 HP / 0+ SpD Goodra-Hisui: 108-128 (57.7 - 68.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

:Amoonguss: is wasting EVs, keep in mind they start out with 4 and then every 8 EVs are equal to one stat, or they can be multiples of 4 but not multiples of 8 (180+ and 84 SpD would be correct here). 244 Hp is also for Sitrus Berry sets, you would drop down to 236 Hp for regenerator and move the 8 into SpD. This still keeps the Adamant Chien Pao Ice Spinner live.

:Heatran: would like to go up to the next bump of 236 SpA to still reliably output damage, You would drop down to 188 HP for better substitue numbers but also to enable you to hit 76 Speed, outspeeding a paralyzed Dragapult if you go Thunder wave

:Urshifu-Rapid-Strike: could use 44/156/4/0/140/164 Adamant for the Mystic Water set, hitting an atk bump and keeping a decent bit of speed while getting these crucial lives. The Swords Dance set would be relatively similar, except it drops down to the first Attack bump (76) in favor of special bulk, this is because you don't need as much investment with the ability to double your attack.
252+ Atk Choice Band Sword of Ruin Tera-Normal Dragonite Extreme Speed vs. 44 HP / 4 Def Urshifu-Rapid Strike: 153-180 (84.5 - 99.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
116+ SpA Choice Specs Flutter Mane Moonblast vs. 44 HP / 140 SpD Tera-Water Urshifu-Rapid Strike: 153-181 (84 - 99.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
116+ SpA Choice Specs Tera-Fairy Flutter Mane Dazzling Gleam vs. 44 HP / 220 SpD Urshifu-Rapid Strike through Light Screen: 157-187 (86.7 - 103.3%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO

And that would be all of it! It may seem like a lot but It should still follow the idea of setting up Hisuian Goodra, only 2 members being changed for a bulkier more optimal play style for the rest of the team. Feel free to ask any questions or point out anything I missed!
THANK YOU SO MUCH <3 I'll look at all of this tomorrow when I get the chance :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)