Other Features Search for the best legendary trio

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a proposed series of articles that would review every legendary trio from the Legendary Kanto birds to the Kami trio. In a review I plan to rate the trios on three separately divided criteria - aesthetics (how they look), legend/myth (origin, story, pokedex entry, location and in-game loactions in relation to their story) and Battling (competitive use, review of moves - which has coolest?)

An article would begin with an introduction that will feature an overview of how or why they are trios (they're similarities). Then there would be 3 successive sections divided by the three aforementioned criteria. The rating for each criteria will be out of 30 with every pokemon providing a score out of 10, as such the end score will be out of 90

example
Aesthetics
Zapdos 5/10
Moltres 5/10
Articuno 5/10

total 15/30

If the next issue is due in the next fortnight or so I will likely be unable to get my article done in time, if my idea is accepted i will be ready fro the 26th edition and I will be able to get the next one ready for the following release.

Thanks for listening, Lorenzo

Birkal

We have the technology.
is a Top Artistis a Top CAP Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Hiya! We're releasing our next issue in a few days. Give us some time to set that up, then we'll be right with you.

Birkal

We have the technology.
is a Top Artistis a Top CAP Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
How much reasoning do you intend to provide with each of these scores? That is what people will ultimately be interested in: your written opinion. I think the numbers are fine (I personally wouldn't include them, but that's your choice), but the focus will need to be on your reasoning for each of these categories more than anything else.

What are your thoughts?

Yeah I intend to write about 200 words minimum on every category, then there will be a conclusion plus an intro, at least a 1000 words total, yeah it will mainly be about what i write my comments not the numbers

sorry to double post but I thought I'd let you know that i intend the piece to be 1000 words approximately and I won't be able to begin until the 16th of March if selected

Birkal

We have the technology.
Sure, let's give this a spin! When you read this message, go ahead and request The Smog Access. Once you've done so, post in this thread so we know to give you access to our Article Workshop forum. We'll move forward from there.

Hi, Lorenzo! Sorry to just jump in like this, but wanted to speed things up, so I've approved your request. You should now have access to the Article Workshop forum under The Smog main forum. ^_^ Go and read the What Are We Doing? sticky thread and post that you'll be working on this article, then get started as soon as you're ready (the 16th, I guess!). Remember:

1) Get your stuff done on time. If there's ever a situation that comes up, talk with The Smog Staff, and we'll make accommodations. The key here is communication; we need to hear from you if something is up that will prevent you from meeting the deadline. Please try to get your work done at least a week before release date, in order to ease the burden on our GP + HTML team. However, your approval was a little late due to Birkal being very busy and my being in hospital, and you'll be unable to start until the 16th, so we will understand if you're a little late, as long as it gets done.

2) Don't leak any of our stuff until the release happens. This includes art and any other information. If you ever want feedback on your work or have questions, you can join us in #thesmog on IRC (if you don't have IRC, you can PM me or another staffer on the forums and I'll give you a link).

Thank you for your application! If you need any help, please don't hesitate to ask The Smog Staff or any of The Smog mentors (of which I am one) for advice! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)