SD Baxcalibur HO Peaked #3(2029 ELO)

What do you think is the best baxcalibur set right now?

• Swords Dance

• Dragon Dance

• Choice Band

Results are only viewable after voting.
:sv/baxcalibur::sv/meowscarada::sv/great tusk::sv/kingambit::sv/iron moth::sv/iron valiant:
Hello everyone and welcome to my fourth rmt of the generation,I didn't really plan on making another rmt right after my slowbro one but I realised how dead the whole rmt sections have been so this is my attempt at making it alive again.So with that said let's start off with the rmt!

Table Of Contents:
1.Proof Of Peak
2.Teambuilding Process
3.Pokemon Description
4.Threats
5.Replays
6.Conclusion

7.Importable

1.Proof Of Peak
sd bax.png

2.Teambuilding Process

:baxcalibur:
I saw one of my friend using sd bax and since I hadnt used SD Bax myself,I decided to build a team with it.
:baxcalibur::meowscarada:
I figured it would work best on HO,so decided to have meowscarada as the lead since imo its the best lead in the meta right now.
:baxcalibur::meowscarada::great tusk:
Tusk would give me momentum,spin and some good offensive pressure on my team hence I added it.
:baxcalibur::meowscarada::great tusk::kingambit:
No HO is complete without kingambit,this mon is a must have for HO's because of its insane strength thanks to supreme overlord,priority and ability to take on gholdengo and dragapult paired with its natural bulk to eat almost any hit.
:baxcalibur::meowscarada::great tusk::kingambit::iron moth:
Since I went with :meowscarada: over :glimmora:, I didn't have a grounded poison type to absorb toxic spikes ,so I went with iron moth as it fits very nicely on HO teams and is a toxic spike absorber.
:baxcalibur::meowscarada::great tusk::kingambit::iron moth::iron valiant:
Just like gambit,this mon is another must have on HO,it's one of the best cleaners in this generation,gives speed control and has an insane variety of sets and tera type's it can run giving it a lot of flexibility to adjust for rest of the team.

3.Pokemon Description
:sv/baxcalibur:
Boreas (Baxcalibur) @ :Never-Melt Ice:
Ability: Thermal Exchange
Tera Type: Dragon
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Glaive Rush
- Icicle Crash
- Ice Shard
- Swords Dance
After having used both dd and choice banded baxcalibur to great extent,I didn't really think swords dance set would be able to match up with those and just went into testing to see if it's even worth running or not,but oh boy wasn't I completely wrong,while that take may have been correct a month or so ago,in the current metagame SD Bax is the best set it can run,I chose never melt ice as baxcalibur's item to boost icicle crash and ice shard dmg even more which bax greatly appreciates,SD bax also completely destroys fat teams and even helps vs stall if you get a bit lucky against dondozo.
Tera Type:Dragon to boost glaive rush damage even more.
EV's:Max atk for maximum damage and max speed to speed tie opposing great tusk and baxcalibur.

:sv/meowscarada:
Bastet (Meowscarada) @ :Focus Sash:
Ability: Overgrow
Tera Type:Ghost
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Knock Off
- Spikes
- Taunt
In my opinion meowscarada is the best lead in sv ou with glimmora being a close second,knock off helps in removing leftovers or rocky helmet if need be,overgrow boosted leaf storms hit rlly hard and with it being the second fastest mon in the metagame it can spike very freely and taunt on opposing lead pokemon to prevent hazard going up on our side.
Tera Type: Ghost to block rapid spin.
EV's: Max speed to speed tie opposing meowscarada and max spatk for leaf storm to do maximum damage.

:sv/great tusk:
Tuskuthy (Great Tusk) @ :eject pack:
Ability: Protosynthesis
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 232 Atk / 24 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Headlong Rush
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Rapid Spin
Great Tusk provides this team hazard removal option with rapid spin but also provides extremely valuable momentum with 120bp stab moves into eject pack to a mon that threatens whatever came in not letting it heal,this is extremely crucial in helping breaking the opponents team quick and putting on immense offensive pressure.
Tera Type:Water is a very good defensive type in general,this helps you vs rain matchups and helps in resisting make it rain from gholdengo letting you stay in even if you are low and knocking it out with headlong rush. You may use tera ground/tera fighting if you wish to but I personally liked tera water even on offensive tusk.
EV's: 24 spdef is to live a energy ball from glimmora letting you stay in and rapid spin if need be(I have a great ev spread resource which has this spread alongside many more mentioned which you can find by clicking here).

:sv/kingambit:
Erebus (Kingambit) @ :Lum Berry:
Ability: Supreme Overlord
Tera Type:Flying
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Kowtow Cleave
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Swords Dance
This is a staple mon on HO an not much to be said about it,thanks to supreme overlord and very good bulk it becomes an amazing endgame sweeper which becomes your wincon a lot of times when paired with tera,its natural typing allows you to switchin to :gholdengo: and :dragapult: which is invaluable on HO and overall an insanely good and consistent pokemon,I put lum berry on gambit so it can freely attack without risking wisp/spore making it even more effective in endgames.
Tera Type:Tera flying is to become immune to ground moves and resist fighting type moves,both of which kingambit is weak to,this tera type is majorly used for great tusk.
EV's:Max speed to speed tie other gambit,max atk ada for maximum damage.

:sv/iron moth:
Polyphemus (Iron Moth) @
1683228656875.png

Ability: Quark Drive
Tera Type:Fairy
EVs: 64 HP / 60 Def / 132 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Fiery Dance
- Sludge Wave
- Energy Ball
- Dazzling Gleam
Since this team didn't have a grounded poison,iron moth was needed to fill that role.Thanks to it having the highest spatk in the metagame its an extremely threatening pokemon who is very hard to revenge and can often sweep games outright if you get fiery dance boosts.
Tera Type: Tera fairy is chosen to resist kingambit's sucker punch and power up dazzling gleam.
EV's: 132 spatk is so that its lower than moth's speed hence making booster energy boost speed instead of spatk,64 hp allows you to live a modest specs draco meteor from dragapult and rest is dumped into defense for other priority moves.

:sv/iron valiant:
Mav's Joint (Iron Valiant) @
1683228656875.png

Ability: Quark Drive
Tera Type: Ghost
EVs: 248 SpA / 8 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Psyshock
- Shadow Ball
- Calm Mind
This mon is another staple on HO being one of the best cleaners in the metagame having an insane variety of viable sets and tera types which it can run making it insanely flexible to suit the requirements of the team,with booster energy this the fastest pokemon in the metagame outside scarf meowscarada which is very rare anyways and thanks to this meta having an immense amount of dark and dragon types and no.1 usage pokemon weak to fairy,moonblast becomes extremely spammable.
Tera Type:Tera ghost is chosen to become immune to dragonite espeed and power up your own shadow balls to help vs gholdengo and other ghost weak pokemons.
EV's: 8 spdef is to live a timid specs shadow ball from dragapult,max speed to speed tie opposing valiant and rest in spatk.

4.Threats:
Stall
Its a ho and most ho struggle with stall,your main out is trying to hax your way through with tera dragon bax against dondozo or try to weaken dozo enough for kingambit to sweep,outside those two ways its basically a loss vs stall which is fine since we can now focus on having better mu vs the rest of the styles rather than having to make changes that hamper the team just to have a decent stall mu.

:sv/Iron valiant: :choice scarf:
1683228656875.png

Usually you tera against this mon with whatever you have infront or try to position/double in a way where your moth can come in on it moonblasting,valiant is a issue but not really a threat unless you have already used your tera.

:sv/dragonite:
Position to not let it dd easily or use your tera to handle it,most of the mons can take a hit or two from it as well so important to save hp on those mons,once tera'd great tusk can threaten it with cc as well.

:sv/azumarill:
Try to handle it between tera water great tusk,gambit sucker,bax and sash meow, its a tough mu so play carefully and smartly and you should be fine
5.Replays
vs CB Kingambit: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-1856647984-e05i7j53rjshxgsiyrj3yzk8fmpmd6xpw
vs Semi Stall: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-1856331820-nivup1k27spnukis5587i5rzt5nwx9ypw
vs Sun: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-1858050503-y17v9e48gfwxqi6e00ozgcrtarhjtgvpw
vs Semi Stall/Balance: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-1857024187-g3apg6v94qgmoca0nvkfddvx2tmnw9gpw
vs Rain:https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-1857440350-9c5ttid0qcq6htusmpos8sr33n7yo3tpw
vs Rowash Garg Balance: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-1856675686-bqmu0kxinvuyg9t0c1s3jbjw6gqhgeipw
vs CB Breloom: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-1856749172-cayqw8w5khqp5341vzxmn6wslmuuhc4pw
vs Hatt Garg Balance: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-1856360694-u8qqksoocrtvuu6afqhnzowo9yodkllpw
vs Weavile HO: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-1857391942-pzbye9otmy5qx11ympsr97vwutedk1hpw
vs Dirge BO: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-1857379748-dwi87bc15pccekz6mb6ecom1yxov0bcpw
vs Tera Fairy Volc HO: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-1857295413-kdvcav1zvw7jjj8pqdbicqqnreo4me3pw
vs Loom HO: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-1856351134-fkopgoqhxsqyc2h7rezwjk5udgqp16wpw
vs Bozo balance: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-1856355471-iuo8p3mxh38beo5o4bj973fk5kf3qoapw
vs Meow Garg Balance: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-1856989164-arow1hozeny6p9g67b0pshe1rxflihfpw
vs Ting Lu Balance: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-1856997450-ig0mwfjk5y8gcpk3su72s31goytzyekpw

6.Conclusion
After using sd bax,i am convinced now that this is it's best set in this meta rn.
IMPORTANT NOTE FOR ALL HIGH LADDER PLAYERS:Rmt's are completely dead rn,so pls do rmts of the teams you have had success with and help in making rmt's alive again like how it was at the start of the generation,thanks :)
Also Just wanna shoutout some friends with whom I talk daily cuz why not :) Savouras (He said he will finish his breakfast in 8 minutes this time,hasnt returned since,GG) sufys12 (One day I will touch the mon worth touching(If only you guys knew the context)) AgencyIsOwn (That sandy shocks set was fire) RggV (I was about to hit #2 but he haxes me out of victory and then I went on tilt,fuck you and you won't get a electrode team) thatsprison (Ape) TheSergio235 (Baby horse, yum!(No I won't use your other logs,this one is too good))

7.Importable
SD Bax HO With Nicknames: https://pokepast.es/d4ca909a208454ea
SD Bax HO Without Nicknames: https://pokepast.es/4a6dbf214bdd2bb6

Last edited:
Another fire rmt, as always. I played with this team a bit and I have to say, I like boots a bit more than ice because I never found that I needed that extra bit of damage, but it’s up to personal preference ig. Team is very fun though, and Gratz on the peak!

(Also the RMT forum has been kinda quiet compared to last gen…)

Hi MAVERICK SHOOTERS
I’m gonna rate this team starting with minor changes and then major changes
without further to do let’s start!
Minor changes:
payback for rickrolling me
-We're no strangers to love
- You know the rules and so do I
- A full commitment's what I'm thinking of
- You wouldn't get this from any other guy
- I just wanna tell you how I'm feeling
- Gotta make you understand
- Never gonna give you up
- Never gonna let you down
- Never gonna run around and desert you
- Never gonna make you cry
- Never gonna say goodbye
- Never gonna tell a lie and hurt you
- We've known each other for so long
- Your heart's been aching but you're too shy to say it
- Inside we both know what's been going on
- We know the game and we're gonna play it
- And if you ask me how I'm feeling
- Don't tell me you're too blind to see
- (Ooh Give you up)
- (Ooh Give you up)
- Never gonna give, never gonna give
- (Give you up)
- (Ooh) Never gonna give, never gonna give
- (Give you up)
ngl I don’t think bax needs a change this part of the rate was a joke
major changes:
:sv/kingambit: -> :sv/gholdengo:
gholdengo running this set can deal with all the threats
of your team as you said.
Gholdengo @ Choice Specs
Ability: Good as Gold
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Make It Rain
- Shadow Ball
- Tera Blast
- thunder bolt
also since I did nothing with the minor changes to Rickroll you maybe switch booster energy on iron valiant to scarf

ngl you don’t have to do anything to your team to make it better!
(good team nice to see you make a team/rmt)
- Trick

Last edited:
Played for awhile, won the majority of games which is Incredible for a nub like me.
I changed bax to tera ice tho, the point of never melt ice sets is to be absolutely killin machine vs fat pokemon like corvi, talonflame and tera fairy mons while still being able to not be revenge killed by faster threats used in offensive teams things like roaring moon,dragapult,meowscarada,valiant etc that tera ice never melt ice helps killin with and in general fast threats that u can put in range with your other mons. Would also consider EQ but glaive has it's advantages.
Solid team nonetheless!

Last edited:
Hi MAVERICK SHOOTERS
I’m gonna rate this team starting with minor changes and then major changes
without further to do let’s start!
Minor changes:
payback for rickrolling me
-We're no strangers to love
- You know the rules and so do I
- A full commitment's what I'm thinking of
- You wouldn't get this from any other guy
- And if you ask me how I'm feeling
- Don't tell me you're too blind to see
- (Ooh Give you up)
- (Ooh Give you up)
- Never gonna give, never gonna give
- (Give you up)
- (Ooh) Never gonna give, never gonna give
- (Give you up)
ngl I don’t think bax needs a change this part of the rate was a joke
major changes:
:sv/kingambit: -> :sv/gholdengo:
gholdengo running this set can deal with all the threats
of your team as you said.
Gholdengo @ Choice Specs
Ability: Good as Gold
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Make It Rain
- Shadow Ball
- Tera Blast
- thunder bolt
also since I did nothing with the minor changes to Rickroll you maybe switch booster energy on iron valiant to scarf

ngl you don’t have to do anything to your team to make it better!
(good team nice to see you make a team/rmt)
- Trick
Damn i really got rickrolled back,also nah gambit is much much better here than specs dengo

Played for awhile, won the majority of games which is Incredible for a nub like me.
I changed bax to tera ice tho, the point of never melt ice sets is to be absolutely killin machine vs fat pokemon like corvi, talonflame and tera fairy mons while still being able to not be revenge killed by faster threats used in offensive teams things like roaring moon,dragapult,meowscarada,valiant etc that tera ice never melt ice helps killin with and in general fast threats that u can put in range with your other mons. Would also consider EQ but glaive has it's advantages.
Solid team nonetheless!
I personally think tera dragon is better than tera ice on this bax because it helps vs stuff like volcorona and in dealing heavy damage to dondozo which the tera ice version fails to do so also you keep the rocks and the many ice weakness,tho wont say its bad since it does help in crash and shard boosting;ig just comes down to personal pref and what you value more.
having a lot of trouble with floatzel rain teams, dont really know what to do
Against floatzel rain its extremely crucial to not lead meowscarada and instead preserve its sash,you can lead moth against peli in those cases;your main goal is to usually try breaking with bax as it can live any one hit from all the rain mons so it forces em out,you can tera water your great tusk if you are up infront of floatzel to kill it if you see its worth to do so and basically 99% of the time you endgame with gambit so its extremely crucial to not let gambit take any dmg prior to that,you can also use iron valiant as a sack to floatzel wave crash to put it in range of gambit sucker.

Damn i really got rickrolled back,also nah gambit is much much better here than specs dengo

I personally think tera dragon is better than tera ice on this bax because it helps vs stuff like volcorona and in dealing heavy damage to dondozo which the tera ice version fails to do so also you keep the rocks and the many ice weakness,tho wont say its bad since it does help in crash and shard boosting;ig just comes down to personal pref and what you value more.

Against floatzel rain its extremely crucial to not lead meowscarada and instead preserve its sash,you can lead moth against peli in those cases;your main goal is to usually try breaking with bax as it can live any one hit from all the rain mons so it forces em out,you can tera water your great tusk if you are up infront of floatzel to kill it if you see its worth to do so and basically 99% of the time you endgame with gambit so its extremely crucial to not let gambit take any dmg prior to that,you can also use iron valiant as a sack to floatzel wave crash to put it in range of gambit sucker.
Id personally always agree with sav and call him daddy 3 times before i go to sleep

Haven't loaded it up and looks solid but at a glance there are some things I'll most likely tweak before using it.

Boots > Never-Melt Ice on Bax.
Tusk is offensive and may not be around as much to be a consistent spinner and/or as this team has basically no true defensive core outside of natural bulk and Gambit doing it's thing, spinning might not be the best play vs other offensive teams.
I'll def still test out NMI but I can't imagine the small damage boost is better than coming in at full HP when needed.

Volcarona > Moth
Tera Grass bulky MU moth helps you not auto-lose to rain and Don, and not force you to save a tera so you don't lose to Gambit.

+2 252+ Atk Supreme Overlord 5 allies fainted Kingambit Sucker Punch vs. 64 HP / 60 Def Tera Fairy Iron Moth: 267-314 (84.2 - 99%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
That's better than expected tbh, but it means you have save tera and keep it pretty healthy, meaning no SR up.

I'm just not a fan of Moth though tbh. I know how strong it can be vs flimsy teams w no revenge, and of course has that nice niche of being the only viable tpikes absorber for HO, (Glimm is literally always KO at this point lol) but I think ignoring the hazards via Boots or just spinning with tusk is generally better. Not with bulky/BU tusk, but with offensive Tusk who won't be around long anyway, yeah.

I think the speed boost set is a little too weak on the Spa side, and once it's forced out by Clod, Dirge, Pex, Ting, Slowking, Spd Garg. etc. it's kinda dead weight in a lot of ways.

132 SpA Tera Fairy Iron Moth Energy Ball vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Slowking: 130-154 (33 - 39.1%) -- 99.8% chance to 3HKO

It can also be setup fodder for bulky Nite.
I think the Acid Spray/Morning Sun boots set is the best way to run Moth rn.

Since there is no spin blocker outside of tera ghost on Val, which won't happen unless vs a Nite, and no way to stop Defog, I think boots on Bax is a must, and boots Volca also helps you just ignore hazards.

Volca provides a defensive backbone besides Gambit- I never thought I would say it but Booster Moth makes this team a little too offensive.

Leftovers > Lum on Gambit
I was in love w Lum for quite some time, as it helps w the Rotom-W, Hex Pult MU, but really the utility of leftovers can't be matched.
It add a new dimension to Sucker games. If they want to sit there and not attack you just recover HP until you're out of range of certain attacks- it just puts more pressure on the opp to attack vs letting you heal back to full. When Gambit scares something out as it always does, that's just more HP for late game.
The only item I would run besides Lefties is Black Glasses, as Tera Dark Sucker w Glasses is insane, but overall that's more of a niche set.

Like I said I literally haven't played w it yet, but before I load my version vs yours maybe you could go over some of those things and point out something I'm missing.

I'm also curious what you think about screens right now- as in what if we replaced Meow for Grimm? This seems like the perfect team to test out if screens are good again, especially with the team focused on SD Bax.
Maybe we could cook up some new on-meta viable Grimm- maybe mess around with more niche moves like Fake Out, T-Wave, or really start cooking with like Hammer Arm lol (jk)

Anyway, great team, just might need 1-2 little adjustments.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)