Scavengers Ladder Cycles

The day has finally come. Pokeradar Pearl has reached its conclusion, and I'm happy it ended on a note like this. 493 questions - one for every Pokemon upto Generation 4. It really couldn't have ended a better way. This series is done for now, and I truly hope that you enjoyed your time with it.

Part 12 was successfully hosted on Feb 10, 10:00 CST. It lasted for a week, as a grand finale.

Results:
The official scavenger hunt by WarriorGallade was ended automatically.
1st place: p^_^okemonvortex. [09:17:59].
2nd place: EpicCreeper9002 [02:02:07:17].
3rd place: yeet dab xd(>'-')> [06:05:46:48].
4th place: blazeofvictory [07:12:17:16].

Hunt:
1) 458. Welcome to the finale of Pokeradar Pearl - no holds barred. Remember to use alphabetical order and a Pokemon’s nickname to answer, unless otherwise specified. It's a new dawn, it's a new day, and Zeiol's (not) feeling good. After an excruciating journey through the distortion, it took him a while until he could move around, get his bearings and adjust to the minimal light. As he did so, he noticed light all around him; a strange shade of orange - not blue or pink. The familiar figure of Prof. Rowan was welcoming him to the world of Pokemon yet again. It seemed surreal; this was nearly the exact same way that Zeiol started his journey so many questions ago, but something's different. What Pokemon did Rowan send out? [buneary]
2) 459. With that introduction, Zeiol sees a flash of light, and awakens to a familiar room. Instantly, he notices that his clothes are different, much better suited for cold-protection. As he looks around, he feels like he recognizes it, it's his home at Twinleaf Town! Before he can make sense of what happened, his rival Tinston barges into Zeiol's room and declares a quest to visit Prof. Rowan for some Pokemon, before dashing out. This made no sense whatsoever as per Zeiol's memories. He distinctly knew that he was the one who visited Tinston, and that they went to Lake Verity, not to meet Rowan. He takes a look around his room, and it seems identical to its state before Zeiol left on his journey. He tried to recollect more of his memories in the original world, but nothing much came to mind. The only familiar aspect was the all-too-familiar Pokeradar affixed to his bag, which Zeiol seemed to remember. The red tint it had seemed reassuring for some odd reason. Nothing else made sense at the moment, so he decided to head off on his journey yet again. Before he did so, Zeiol sees a TV show talking about Prof. Rowan and his visit to Kanto, hoping that the viewer would understand the meaning of those words. What remark was left by the Prof just before he said this? [Pokemon are by our side, always. / Pokémon are by our side, always.]
3) 460. Zeiol heads to Route 201, visibly surprised by Twinleaf's snow, as he'd never known cold temps there, and is greeted by Tinston, with Prof. Rowan and a seemingly unfamiliar girl in red walking away. Tinston was scolded for his hastiness, but still allowed to pick a Pokemon from Rowan's briefcase, and the duo headed off before Zeiol got there. Tinston saw Zeiol in the distance and waved out, telling him how he'd be fined for his lateness. As Zeiol caught up, Tinston mentioned that he'd got a Poke Ball with him to capture a Pokemon from Prof. Rowan, just in case. Tinston did want to battle, so suggested that Zeiol capture a Pokemon on the route for that. This seemed to bring on a spell of dizziness, and instinctively, Zeiol's hand went to the Pokeradar, pressing it, and rustling the grass nearby. A Pokemon came bounding at him, and another reflexive action threw the Poke Ball at it, capturing it. Tinston was puzzled, he'd never seen this Pokemon before but is ecstatic at the capture. What Pokemon could Zeiol have encountered? [nidoranf nidoranm]
4) 461. Surprisingly, it was a Nidoran-F who came bounding up. Zeiol almost celebrated his first capture, but something felt off. This wasn't his first, where were the Starly that scared him so, and the lovable blue blob that helped him out? Still, he hoped to piece this mystery together later and initiated battle. Growl and Scratch were sufficient to grant the win, as Zeiol headed home, determined to talk with Rowan the next day. Before he did, he headed to Lake Verity with Tinston, and came across a tall imposing man with blue hair, and he couldn't help but feel they too had met before, almost as if he'd expected to see someone matching this description. Soon, Tinston headed back, but Zeiol felt familiarity, and wanting to stay longer, activated the Pokeradar, but nothing happened. Not a sound heard, not a leaf stirred. A familiar cry echoed over the lake, but Zeiol couldn't see where it came from, and left. What cry did this Pokemon belong to? [mesprit]
5) 462. The next steps of the journey proceeded as normal, Zeiol met with Rowan, who was impressed at the scrappiness Zeiol had to find such a Pokemon, and gave him the National Pokedex, like before, if he found any new rarities. As he bid farewell to his mother and set off for Jubilife city, the sense of deja vu was growing more strong. This was where more divergence was apparent, as he encountered an oddball from the international police who introduced himself as Looker, heading off after a quick introduction. He was also surprised to know the girl he saw earlier was Dawn, as her outfit was completely different. Before rushing forth, Zeiol takes stock of a few things. Neither the route to the north or the east had any Pokeradar responses. There was also no writing on it - he distinctly remembered something about the Magma Stone, and verified that its jamming properties held true. Back to the old restriction; only route non-natives encountered using the Pokeradar can be caught. It also seemed that if Zeiol had memories of catching a particular Pokemon in his original world, then that species would not appear for him in this world. As anxious as he felt, something had changed and he was willing to take this journey at a slow pace, like a Snorlax. With that, Zeiol heads to Oreburgh, defeats Tinston and heads into the mine. Up to this point, there's exactly one item that Zeiol could obtain that has an effect when held. What is it? [quickclaw]
6) 463. Nidoran-F is able to carry its weight very well with Double Kick, and with some training, evolves into Nidorina before Zeiol challenges Roark. This is a welcome boon, as he still has only one team member. Nidorina's high stats as well as the trifecta of Growl, Tail Whip and Double Kick are all Zeiol needs to seal the deal. Still, something seemed strange. Nidorina didn't seem to be doing as much damage as anticipated, but it didn't matter all that much. He headed back to Jubilife, and realized that he had to expend the Rock Smash HM on Nidorina, since he didn't have other Pokemon. As he did so, he felt a strange calling from an area in the city. It seemed as if he'd been here before, but at the same time it was his first journey. This dissonance brought on another headache as he slowly walked to the Global Terminal, a massive building he'd never seen before. As he entered, the festive atmosphere took him aback. This place truly did connect the world. He first stopped by at the GTS to see what was on offer, but he couldn't really trade for them with only one Pokemon. The clerk on duty noticed this and handed Zeiol was handed a mystery egg - along with a mail and an item. Apparently this was a free gift from some trainer? In any case, Zeiol decided to accept this and look at it after he was done, resuming perusal. Wobbuffet Pop was a very captivating minigame that reminded him of something familiar, and the other games were very fun too. The grand parade on floats at the end left a memorable impression and perfectly concluded his time there. Next, he decided to check out some battle videos in a bid to refine his tactics. As Zeiol was perusing the records, he came across a popular replay uploaded by a trainer called SPP. It was apparently the 114th battle at some place called the Battle Arcade. What Pokemon were featured in this battle? [dewgong lucario]
7) 464. Soon after his time at the Global Terminal, the mystery egg hatched to reveal a Trapinch! It seemed to recognize Zeiol somehow, but Zeiol was unable to place it; its selection of 4 moves - Bite, Gust, Quick Attack and Giga Drain seemed like exactly something he'd pick, which confused him all the same. He decided to head to the Pokemon Center to spend a while and process this info. Trapinch's presence was the key that broke the lock on Zeiol's memories, as they all flooded back. Sadness overcame him yet again, but it was soon replaced with hope. He was still alive, and still had a way to change things! "So that's how it's been, a journey that started with Paleo and ended with Arceus. What a wild ride. Priso… I think I'll follow your lead, continuing my journey in the same order as before, and see what things I can do differently with the knowledge of hindsight.", he thought. Soon, he headed northward, and encountered Rowan and Dawn being hassled by a pair of Galactic grunts. Of course, the duo are dispatched and flee, as Zeiol continues. Rock Smash allows him passage through the Ravaged Path, and as he steps out into the sun, the Pokeradar springs back to life again. Intrigued, he activates it and finds a Sunkern, which is promptly caught. That being said, it was hard to miss. Many Sunkern were seen clustering together and floating in the wind soon after the radar was activated - perhaps it was their migration season? In any case, this encounter reminds him of one of Rowan's rules which he'd said just before the galactic battle, particularly the fourth one. What was it? [Don't think you've grown strong just because you're in a group.]
8) 465. Before heading to Floaroma, Zeiol decided to visit Jubilife TV, in hopes that they might have some news coverage that informs him about the differences of this new world. Unfortunately, it seems routine as normal, but a few odd words pop into his mind as Zeiol talks with the producer there. He's able to receive these wallpapers as a reward that were different (in name) from the ones he could obtain in his original world. [contest croagunk distortion]
9) 466. With no new leads, Zeiol continues onward to Floaroma Town as the soothing scent puts him a bit at ease from the headaches. He resolved to be happy for his new allies, as it didn't seem like the Pokeradar was going to be usable for quite a long while. "No matter what, even if I knew Trapinch before, I'll still aim to be the same old caring person!", Zeiol resolved to himself. He headed to the meadow, defeated the grunts hassling the Honey-seller, and speeded his way to the Windworks. One neat observation he made along the way was that Trapinch leading the party didn't seem to affect any encounters. This story seemed almost like clockwork, but here was another difference. Mars was not alone! This character was with her. [charon]
10) 467. Zeiol didn't have much time to ponder the implications of a possibly fourth Galactic admin, and accepted Mars' challenge. Trapinch criticals Bite and snipes a KO on her Zubat with Quick Attack, and Nidorina's Double Kicks seal the deal against Purugly, hitting more strongly than anticipated. With that, Galactic scurries away but Zeiol's still wondering who this Charon was, there was no memory of him. That being said, barely any new details came to mind as he headed to Eterna Forest. The meeting with Cheryl was perfunctory, and the duo made it to Eterna City with little trouble. Something called out to him, and Zeiol talked with the Underground Man to receive the Explorer Kit, and went underground before doing anything else. The impromptu quest was to obtain this item, which would otherwise not be obtainable until after Zeiol had at least three badges, and would significantly impact his team. [sunstone]
11) 468. Gardenia is a bit of a challenge, but Sunkern's Grasswhistle combo with Nidorina's Fury Swipes to grant Zeiol the victory, though the former sometimes losing HP at the turn's end made the battle harder. With that, he heads into the Galactic Building (notably more well equipped than what he remembers), dispatching the incompetent grunts before facing off against Jupiter. This battle is far closer, but Trapinch's Ground typing bails Zeiol out against her Skuntank. That being done, he heads to Hearthome. Soon after, Zeiol finds a Sun Stone underground and uses it to evolve Sunkern, who appreciates the power boost. Surprisingly, despite being a stone evolution, it continued to learn moves via level up. However, the different anatomy reflected in a changed movepool. What moves does Sunflora learn by level up that Sunkern is unable to learn at all? [leafstorm petaldance pound]
12) 469. Fantina's up next, but Sunflora's hit its stride and the four-pronged combo of Grasswhistle, Growth, Leech Seed and Mega Drain are all that's needed to seize victory and acquire the Relic Badge. Still, didn't something seem out of order? Before leaving hurriedly, she calls out. "My dear challenger? How shall I say this...it seems to me that you're under far too much stress. Perhaps exploration around the city of Eterna is my recommendation, I hear they have some herbal remedies that help with this?" Zeiol's taken aback by the suggestion, but accepts the idea all the same, quickly cycling back to Eterna. However, the herbal medicine shop is closed for the day, so he decides to explore the remnants of the Galactic Building to take a break. As he explores the lobby, he notices that Pokeradar glows a bright blue and emits a blinding light, falling silent soon after, but somehow still retaining the jamming effect. He decides investigation is in order, and notices an odd keyhole with a peculiar shape. However, the door leading into it was unlocked, so Zeiol proceeded forth. As he did so, he came across a strange room, very dimly lit by a fading lightbulb. It didn't seem to fit in with the rest of the Galactic base at all. Here, he saw notes on this Pokemon. [rotom]
13) 470. The notes and appliances seem very strange to Zeiol. He sat down and took a moment to think. "A Pokemon inhabiting machines? Not impossible, given this lab here. But that being said, does this have to do with my Pokeradar? I've always felt it was sentient, but to think a Rotom of all things was responsible....well, it does explain the flash of electricity that saved me back at Pal Park. It might be a good idea to explore around and see what I can find.". Zeiol looks around the room, but it seems as lifeless as ever. He decides to explore Eterna Forest, seeing as the room is somewhat decrepit. The Old Chateau did spook him a lot before, but now he was confident that nothing there would scare him, after the hell that Arceus put him through. Soon after, he came across the TV room, and it sprang to life upon seeing him. A Pokemon appeared on the TV, and began talking through the speakers. "Bzzt! Give a mon some time to recover won't you? Here's the deal. I was the one messing with your Pokeradar, and the Magma Stone was a devilish way for me to be entertained. I was fine taking a back seat after you found it, after all that effort even if temporarily. Now, if some power-tripping deity threatens to take away my amusement by sending you to some crazy place, that's where my mischief changes into malice." With this message, Rotom burst back out of the TV and engaged Zeiol in battle. Rotom seemed to know a move that it wouldn't normally know, (but it's one that it can legally learn in some mainline games) and Zeiol had seen it once before at Pal Park. What move was it? [night shade]
14) 471. Rotom didn't seem to put up much of a fight, and was notably weaker than Zeiol's team. As he asked about this, as well as the reason it was red and not orange - as per the pictures in Charon's lab, Rotom zapped back into the TV and continued, "Thank the Red Chain for all of this. Its residual energy stuck to the Pokeradar with me inside, and before I knew it, I was turned like this." Rotom zipped back around the room, lighting the bulbs for clearer visibility, and returned back to the TV. "Do you know how hard it is to incapacitate a deity with electricity? I positively levelled down doing that, bzz. That's why I'm so weak now. Anyways, before you blame me about the part with the void and your Pokemon getting sealed? Blame Arceus for that; it wasn't me in control of the radar, the plates reacted to the Red Chain and forced me out briefly. About that accursed artefact - if you put me into a Pokeball I'd well say the residual energy I've got would flow into it, turning it also a very deep red. ", with Rotom's grin growing wider, it continued "Let's see if you know what Pokeball that becomes, my dear dimensional traveller!" What item was Rotom talking about? [cherish ball]
15) 472. "Figurezzz. So much for me graciously telling you after you pleaded ignorance..." Rotom's smile turned into a pout, as it continued. "Annywaayzzzz! As you've seen from our last encounter with Arceus, the element of surprise is key. There's no way it'd be as damaged as it was, if it took my attack head on. I'd almost guarantee our poor little deity is back at the Hall of Origin trying to recover. Now, I have a plan. We need to confront it before it becomes too strong again, and while you need to gather the plates again, make sure that Rapidash stuck in a fence doesn’t even get one of them. I’m confident any party you train up - without rushing - will be able to defeat it in that state. Well, at least distract it a bit. From that point, throw me the Radar and my Pokeball and I’ll handle the rezzzt. Probably. " Zeiol interrupts, wanting to ask something but Rotom takes back the conversation. "Now, I know what you're thinking. You want me to stop jamming the radar, to get stronger Pokemon, blah blah. Well, tough luck. For that to happen, I'd have to unleash all of this Red Chain energy, and we just discussed why I can't do that, it's all or nothing. Both of us want to get home, so I'll conserve my strength to help you until the right moment. Good luck, partner. Bzzt! " With that, Rotom happily darts from the TV into a Pokeball, turning it into a Cherish Ball, just as it'd said, nicknaming his newest Pokemon Red. With that, Zeiol took a quick trip back to Charon's lab, as the notes were meritorious. Here, Red chose to enter this appliance which would give it a move strong against the next gym leader that Zeiol encountered. [fan]
16) 473. Despite the form change, Red wasn’t actually able to assist with battling, as it was still recovering. From this point onwards, Zeiol’s journey sped by like a blur. While there were differences, the fact that he’d travelled these lands before was enough of an advantage. The Cobble badge obtained, Zeiol headed south and realized that Poochyena were available for capture. He decided to take the gamble and chain for a shiny one - as low on funds as he might be at the moment. He decided to play it safe and account for 200 manual radar activations (excluding the first activation), and buy the least amount of Pokeballs needed to reach the max shiny chance, using Pokeballs that could be guaranteed to catch it on the first turn of battle. What’s the least amount of money Zeiol would have to spend doing this? [65000]
17) 474. A shiny Poochyena was snagged after a few days of chaining, nicknamed Yellow. Zeiol also cycled down to Pastoria and defeated Wake to earn his 5th badge. Zeiol’s expertise as a trainer more than made up for his team’s shortcomings. After the battle with Wake, Red indicated that it’d regained the strength to battle, which gave Zeiol another power boost. He journeyed to Celestic amidst the fog, caught a Tauros, met Cyrus but was positively shocked that he was challenged to battle! This was intensely challenging, as his Sneasel and Murkrow landed quick critical hits on the newest capture, taking no additional damage from Horn Attack and quickly beating it, but the rest of Zeiol’s team pulled through. After the battle, the Celestic elder invited Zeiol to her house to relax and talk over some myths, where he learnt of the other legendary Pokemon revered in Sinnoh - Dialga. With that win, Zeiol obtained Surf, and got his next capture, Aron at Fuego Ironworks. However, the allure of chaining was still very strong and he decided to spend some time near Pastoria City doing so. As this happened, he remembered his time at the Global Terminal and felt like it'd be fun to visit the Battle Frontier someday, particularly the Battle Arcade as its volatility would be the direct opposite of the monotony he was going through. If Zeiol was to enter Red in its Frost form knowing the move exclusive to that form, and no other moves, then when sent into battle in the Battle Arcade, it would be guaranteed to know this move. [thundershock]
18) 475. Soon, a Shiny Grimer is caught and nicknamed Green. The rest of his adventure proceeded as before - obtaining the Mine and Icicle badges, and heading to Galactic HQ. He found it funny that fate seemed constant; even when no detours were taken and Tinston being informed, Galactic still captured the Lake Pokemon. This infiltration was a lot harder than what Zeiol remembered, and this time, he overheard Cyrus’ speech to the grunts. Passionate, yet aloof - Cyrus was truly a leader to behold. With that concluding, Zeiol headed deeper within the base. The Lake Pokemon were set free and Zeiol soon proceeded to Spear Pillar. Red assured him that Arceus wouldn’t be there, given the events likely to transpire. As Zeiol dispatched the final elite grunts, the holy land ahead was a terrifying and traumatic sight, but he pressed onward, defeating Mars and Jupiter. However, nothing prepared him for what he saw next. Both Dialga and Palkia were controlled by the Red Chain, to create an even stronger universe - unshaken by the efforts of Uxie, Azelf and Mesprit. As Zeiol grew fearful, with Red preparing to discharge the energy to stop this cataclysm, a shadowy sphere coalesced on the floor, halting the genesis. A towering figure began to form from this sphere, and nobody present was more fearful than Zeiol, as he remembered that outline - Giratina! It created a portal, dragging Cyrus within as Zeiol followed in quick pursuit. As he jumped in, it seemed nostalgic in a way, he’d seen images of this place back in his original world’s Turnback cave, but to be in a place this bizarre was another thing entirely. Perhaps, "Distortion World" itself was not this place’s true name? Surely a place like this was obscure enough that no human would’ve been here to formally give it a name. Zeiol pondered this as he made his way through the twisted lands. What is the internal name of the Distortion World? [tornworld]
19) 476. Zeiol reached the abyss, and defeated Cyrus yet again - Lairon’s Stealth Rock being instrumental in the victory. Giratina’s power seemed like it’d overcome the Red Chain jamming, but Zeiol never considered it an ally, so two Blizzards from the Frost-form Red dealt with it, as it let out a melancholy cry, disappearing further within as Zeiol escaped. The world was back to normal, as he was relieved that Red’s plan could proceed as intended. However, Zeiol decided to hang around the Department Store restocking on supplies and thinking where to go next. He did need a stronger team to keep up with the stronger trainers, and thought about what he’s known so far. “For a Pokemon to be catchable, it must be encountered through use of the Pokeradar and shouldn’t be native to that route.” That was the tenet that’d stuck with him ever since the first part. He thought and thought, but head empty. He decided to set up a meeting with Rowan and Oak, telling them all of the events that had transpired, and asking for their thoughts on the matter. Both were stunned to hear this - were this info coming from anyone else, it’d be dismissed, but Zeiol was trusted enough that they took it seriously. They deliberated for a long time, and told Zeiol that the Red Chain was likely imbued with the energy of Legendary Pokemon, which is why it prevented the capture of any others. That being said, if Zeiol encountered any Pokemon that contributed energy to the Red Chain, it still wouldn’t be catchable, from what they inferred. If there was a way to encounter any other legendary Pokemon, their innate power would override the jamming, making them formidable allies if Zeiol could match the challenge. He deeply thanked the two professors, who were delighted to decode this mystery, and set off. What are the Pokemon Zeiol could capture fitting this description? [articuno moltres zapdos]
20) 477. As part of the discussion earlier, Oak mentioned how Kanto’s Legendary Birds were like mirages, fleeing soon after being sighted. With that in mind, Zeiol thought to plan ahead and acquire a Pokemon that could trap them. He decided to rest at home for a while - after all the Distortion World and Spear Pillar were tiresome, to say the least. He remembered that he’d deposited Ruby in the GTS in a prior part, and decided to check if it was still up for trade. Fortuitously, it was. As such, Zeiol headed to this location to catch the Pokemon needed for the trade, at the correct level. [route 209 / Sinnoh route 209]
21) 478. For some odd reason, Zeiol only seemed to encounter male Kirlia. He was taken aback at the fact that he’d never used the Pokeradar there despite passing by many times before - surely it would’ve been a good Pokemon to have earlier on but time was too limited to train them. He caught one of them, and quickly proceeded to the GTS. However, something was different this time around. If the trade went off successfully, what Pokemon (species) would Zeiol receive from the GTS? [dusknoir]
22) 479. Unfortunately, things weren’t going to be that simple. The GTS staff were apologetic but mentioned that the trade was impossible to proceed, as an odd black mist prevented the Pokeball’s transfer, so it was returned to the original trainer’s PC. Zeiol’s face grew darker upon hearing this news. If he wasn’t going to be able to rely on any of his original 24, then he definitely needed all the power he could get, and fast. The black mist was unlikely to go away unless something was done about Arceus, so his motivation was reinforced. He decided to game the system, and acquire some more Pokemon from the GTS in a bid to win the Loto-ID’s grand prize - a Master Ball, knowing what the winning ID number was. After some trading, he received a Pokemon with a Mild Nature, holding a Lucky Egg in a Cherish Ball - with the assurance that nothing about the Pokemon had changed since the original trainer obtained it. What are the possible trainer ID’s this Pokemon could have? [07207 09129 12269]
23) 480. With that Pokemon, Zeiol wins the Loto-ID jackpot, uses his two Master Balls and a stash of Dusk Balls to capture the legendary birds over the next week. The professors’ hypothesis was correct, and their innate power overcame the jamming as they became Zeiol’s allies. Now, he’s sure that he has the power to defeat the league posthaste, as well as what comes after. With the recent captures, Red retreated back into the Pokeradar to better conserve energy, especially given the high legendary surroundings. Volkner was easily defeated and Zeiol proceeded onward to the Pokemon League. Here, he noticed something interesting while exploring. If Zeiol was in the situation described in the image below, then he could use this key item to escape. https://imgur.com/a/kBOVwWt [bicycle]
24) 481. As Zeiol continued through Victory Road, he realized that he’d not given the recent events at Spear Pillar a second thought because they happened so quickly. “Dialga..? I know I saw a blue Pokemon there, with Palkia. Perhaps it’ll be a good idea to see if I can make it an ally too. Anyhow, that’s a conversation for later.” With that, he heads to the League, defeats Tinston, the Elite Four and Cynthia. These are much closer battles, but Zeiol realized that he’d still have won had he trained up his prior Pokemon - the legendaries weren’t needed. He thought to himself “Am I losing sight of what made my Pokemon precious in the quest for power? Sure, none of my Pokemon have complained, but maybe they’re just putting up with this for the greater good…” Similar thoughts muddled his might as he registered in the Hall of Fame and headed home, as the credits rolled. On his journey home, he saw these Pokemon. [drifloon magnezone wingull]
25) 482. With the league defeated, Zeiol now had free reign to travel wherever he wanted to in Sinnoh. He decided to head over to the Fight Area as planned, but was taken aback at Flint and Volkner challenging him and Tinston to a double battle! This was a battle of synergy: Volkner’s Electivire used Fire Punch on Flint’s Flareon to activate its Flash Fire and score a clean OHKO on Zapdos with Overheat! Zeiol was taken aback; two Pokemon that weren’t a threat before combo’d for devastation. Flygon won the battle thanks to its Earthquake striking for super-effective spread damage, but this made Zeiol ponder even more. Were his skills faltering as a trainer, to rely on the birds that much? In any case, he decided to look around the Fight Area a little more. He came across a helpful person who gave him an introduction to various items such as the Life Orb, Choice Specs, Leftovers, and so on. While Zeiol had used these items before, the short talk was informative and Zeiol left a little smarter. What title did this person use while introducing themselves? [item expert]
26) 483. Before continuing further, Zeiol felt it was time to address the prior concerns. As a start, he decided to head to Spear Pillar to visit Dialga, surely more power on his side wouldn’t hurt, right?. He’d of course taken the three legendary birds with him, in a bid to convince it. He found the Adamant and Lustrous orbs in Mt. Coronet, and reached Dialga’s portal. It emerged, noticed the Pokeradar, and patiently listened as Zeiol pled his case, without attacking. At the end of it all, Dialga sorrowfully shook its head, and roared out loud, forcing Red out of the Pokeradar. As Zeiol feared for the worst, it began talking with Red, whose expressions changed with the second. It retreated back, and relayed the message from the Pokeradar’s speaker. “Right, right, here’zz the deal. Our metallic friend here doesn’t want to become your Pokemon, but it does sympathize with your cause. If you choose to surrender Articuno, Zapdos and Moltres to it for some time - apparently it wishes to discourse with them in a different dimension - it’ll grant you temporal protection, which means that if you’re sent into another one of those interdimensional portals, your mind and body are guaranteed stay intact, no more of that amnesia you had when travelling to this world. It’s really up to you if you want to accept, the trio is strong but parting with them for now could save us in a pinch, zzz.”, Red concluded. Zeiol thought this through deeply. He decided that it’d be best to rely on his original team, as they were strong enough as is, and accepted the offer. Dialga roared again, and Zeiol’s body glowed a pale blue as he felt stronger. With that, the four pokemon left together, as Zeiol sat there for a bit longer, contemplating. Was even the deity of time not subject to change, given that it desired stimuli? Dialga can only learn this move if it is in Sinnoh. [heal block]
27) 484. With that done, Zeiol returned to using his original Pokemon after a bit more training - now consisting of Red, Flygon, Aggron, Tauros, Sunflora and Yellow. With Dialga’s protection, Zeiol felt a little safer in deciding to go a little slowly, and spend some time relaxing. He decided to head eastward, given what he knew of the area as it would let him think more clearly as well about the future. On the way, he passed through the central island on the route. It was a work of beauty, volcanic rock having crystallized into a small alcove. Not only that, it gave off a refreshing aroma in combination with the salty sea surrounding it and fresh grass with a lush aroma. However the island was a bit too isolated to spend too much time and so Zeiol proceeded further east till he spotted land - near a settlement and made that his temporary base of operations. He decided that this would be the last act, and stayed there planning to use the Pokeradar to chain for a shiny near the extra-tall grass. What new Pokemon could Zeiol have chained in the location? [venomoth venonat]
28) 485. Before Zeiol set out on the chain, he explored the Resort Area anew. Unfortunately, he hadn’t earned the 10 ribbons needed this time, so the massages were a no-go. Still, the swimming pools were open, and free to boot, so Zeiol chose to relax there. However, he soon found out why exactly they were free. As he was lazing in the water, a regal-looking Magikarp swam up to him and furiously tackled him head-on. This didn’t really hurt him, but Zeiol was taken aback - surely there were no Magikarp in the Resort Area he was used to! If anything, it seemed that the Magikarp exuded an aura far too powerful, as if none could be stronger than it. It looked angrily at Zeiol and then splashed back into the water, as he stood dazed. What is the chance that Zeiol encountered this Magikarp? (express as a floating point number, so if he had a 90% chance to find it then your answer would be 0.9) [0.0001 / 1 in ten thousand - not all karp are created equal, the youtuber absolblogspokemon has a video where he demonstrates this statistic and it is not 0.01]
29) 486. Of course, Zeiol wasn’t swimming in the actual pools that the Resort Area sponsored and was lounging around in a pond. Why else would there be Magikarp surrounding him? Slightly embarrassed, he decided to head forth with chaining to forget about the experience. However, as he visits the PokeMart to stock up, he sees a youth standing in the east of the Resort Area, looking for someone. Zeiol did think this person was shady, but went up to talk to him anyway. If Zeiol didn’t say “Yes” to what the youth was asking, then he would not be able to obtain these items within the Resort Area. [grepaberry leppaberry lumberry qualotberry]
30) 487. Well, Zeiol’s now stuck with a Villa. Given Sinnoh’s real estate prices, he’s happy that he actually has a place of his own…but something didn’t quite sit right with him. The place was devoid of furniture and looked as barren as Route 217! As he was wondering what to order with his limited funds, this character entered the villa, and wondered aloud how rich Zeiol was to own such a villa, then left soon after, concluding that they’d tell everyone about the news. Who was it? [tinston]
31) 488. This is the perfect place for Zeiol to just spend time formulating a plan of action, all the while in the lap of luxury. This was truly a blissful reward given the harrowing journey he’s had to take across two regions, but he had to slap himself back to reality. No, it wasn’t over. While it’d be lovely to stay there forever, Arceus was still a pressing concern and he needed to be ready, even if the challenge never came. While the comforts were good, he couldn’t spend all the time relaxing out of concern for the original 24. In any case, he chose to spend some of his leftover cash furnishing the villa. He bought exactly three furniture items and spent a total of $567,000. What did Zeiol buy? [audiosystem bed tv]
32) 489. More villa fun abounds! Zeiol grew accustomed to a peaceful time, but didn’t forget his plan to chain, and he made sure to rest in the villa after every few failed attempts. It definitely helped retain his sanity, and even though this took longer, he was happier for it. Within about two weeks, a shiny Venomoth graces his eyes, and a Dive Ball seals the deal. It’s nicknamed Blue, and Zeiol heads back to the villa to celebrate - because this is the last celebration for quite a while. He invites all of his acquaintances, and whoever’s free attends for one gala party. The festivities go on for quite a while, but Zeiol knew the gravity of the situation. As night fell, all the attendees left in a happy mood and Zeiol took to bed for an early rest. As dawn broke, he left on a quest to obtain all the missing plates. Arceus had to be challenged eventually, and Zeiol would rather have this battle be on his terms than the foe’s. As he was on the quest, he remembered how fun it was to have visitors at the villa. However, there’s one character that would never visit Zeiol. Who is it? [lucas]
33) 490. Within a short time, the plates were gathered, and Zeiol decided to take a quick trip to the Survival Area to spend some more time with his Pokemon, particularly Blue, and see if anything had changed. Of course, the Battleground was a new addition and Zeiol was pumped to give his Pokemon the most intense training possible before the final showdown among familiar faces. After these battles, he’s all ready and heads back to Mt. Coronet, the Azure Flute now in his possession thanks to the Red Chain reacting with the plates. As he does so, he reminisces about the recent battles. The first trainer had one of their pokemon know a HM move and a move that inflicted a status on the foe on the same turn it was used. The second trainer had a Pokemon that knew a damaging move that never missed and a move that inflicted a status on the foe. Lastly, the third trainer had a Pokemon that knew multiple moves that could strike a target more than once in the same turn. You can assume Zeiol has access to all trainers in the Battleground. In the order mentioned, who are these three trainers? [cheryl fantina volkner]
34) 491. Zeiol ascends the sky stairway to the Hall of Origin one last time, ready to duel with a plan. Arceus' expression was one of surprise as it saw Zeiol ascending, surely it expected Zeiol to turn tail and run for as long as he could. It stopped charging energy and turned to face him in combat. Zeiol trusted in his team and they repaid that trust - defeating Arceus in its weakened state. Before the final blow could be landed, Arceus feigned defeat and launched a searing Hyper Beam, forcing Zeiol to tumble out of the way to dodge it, barely hanging onto the hall’s floor. This was all Arceus needed to absorb the 18 plates from Zeiol’s bag and gain an omnipotent aura. Now, the tables were turned, as the fight was made even more merciless. No matter what Zeiol's Pokemon did, it seemed like they were unsuccessful in defeating Arceus this time, with its propensity to change types. With all of Zeiol’s Pokemon defeated, Arceus’ body glowed a deep black and launched the sealing mist at all of his Pokeballs, with only Red escaping as it was tucked away in the Pokeradar. No opposition left, Arceus recreated another portal at the end of the Hall of Origin and used its telepathy to force Zeiol to approach it. It spoke again, "Pitiful. You did not arrive here out of subservience. Nor did you arrive here to resist me with that appalling display of battling. If this lackadaisical approach is your fiber, I shall rend it from your being. If you have no intent when traversing worlds, I shall give you one. No more interruptions, for the conception draws close. Perish. ", Arceus' voice echoed as it commanded Zeiol forward into the portal. However, Zeiol’s body didn’t seem to react with the portal, so Arceus looked closer to investigate. "Bzzt!" A searing flare of electricity strikes Arceus at close range, blinding it, as its vision fades. When Arceus came to, it was still paralyzed, and looking at a Zeiol just barely hanging on at the portal’s edge - which was now affected by the surge. Red's Night Shade had conjured up a mirage to make Arceus misjudge distance. As it was still reeling from the shock, Zeiol lifted up the Pokeradar and Red's Pokeball, as it used Charge Beam to absorb all the Red Chain energy from both objects, turning it into a concentrated, potent beam. In its debilitated state, Arceus could not dodge, and the searing energy pierced through at close range. Its final moments were in rage, as its entire body turned a solid shade of scarlet, and it remained motionless - entombed in what looked to be a statue through the dimensions. Perhaps in another universe entirely, Arceus was nothing more than a statue, a myth, or a legend, unable to be battled, and unable to manipulate anything. In a Pokemon spinoff game where this happens, you can see a statue of Arceus here. [destiny tower]
35) 492: Despite Arceus' sealing, the portal conjured up earlier was still present Zeiol rushed to Red's side- who’d somehow been able to retain its luster despite not having any Red Chain energy. It smiled a weary smile at Zeiol and darted back into the radar, which had now returned entirely to normal. A faint voice was heard from the radar's speaker, "We really did do it. Can't say I've tried my hand at godslaying before. Well done...I think I'll rest here for a while. If you want to head home, that portal's it. If you're really that hungry for new adventures, give it a go. Think really hard when entering it, and you might just end up somewhere else. Or not. I'm not an interdimensional travelling expert here. About Arceus? It's sealed for good, and with you being the only Person with the Azure Flute needed to get here, I doubt we need to worry about it. Think we'd all love a nice long nap after how long this adventure’s been. Thank you...", its voice trails off, as the radar falls silent. Worried, Zeiol presses the radar's button many times and shakes it a bit,, and a loud and angry voice soon greets him “I’m not dead, you idiot! Just give me a while to rezzzt, would you?”, as the radar falls silent again. Zeiol was grateful for Red's assistance, and mentally thanked it for being the linchpin in the plan to take revenge against Arceus. He sat down for a while at the Hall of Origin to recover a little, and realized he could finally actively marvel at the scenery he was looking down at. He had no clue if it was Sinnoh at all, but the sparkling lights along the starry sky was truly a sight to behold. Though, he did wonder about Red's remarks earlier - could Pokemon lose types outright by unleashing too much power? Considering all mainline games, these damaging moves would cause their user to lose a type as long as they didn’t fail. [burnup doubleshock / fun fact, this question was originally written around the time scarlet and violet released, so double shock was a funny addition that changed a little]
36) 493. When he's ready, Zeiol leaps back into the portal to reappear back at Spear Pillar. His new team's still sealed away, so he was unsure how to return to a Pokemon Center. As he was musing thus, he looked back at the portal, which seemed stable. Soon after, three familiar faces flew in from the other side. Articuno, Zapdos and Moltres were a sight for sore eyes, and after reconvening, they slowly flew Zeiol down Mt. Coronet - all the while partaking in Sinnoh's sights. Perhaps Dialga anticipated such an event when they’d last met, and took the birds to plan for this eventuality? A moment of rest from the harrowing experience slowly made him tear up from the nostalgia. If Zeiol had a Wurmple with him, this would’ve made for some avant-garde comedy. Along the way, he saw a very bland looking Eterna Galactic building, and that was all the confirmation he needed - Zeiol was in his original world. The trio dropped him off at Hearthome’s fountains and roosted nearby, understanding what he’d do next and wanted to see the events play out. Still very anxious, Zeiol headed northward, his jog turned into a bolt as he scrambled into Hearthome's Pokemon Center, withdrew his original 24 from the PC, and headed back to the plaza. Unfortunately, the black mist was still there sealing the Pokeballs, as malevolent as ever, but Zeiol had no fear anymore. He dared it to try and take him on, as Arceus was now gone for good. The mist slowly rose up from all Pokeballs taking the shape of the deity he so loathed, and it charged at Zeiol, before either him, Red or the birds could react, rendering him unconscious. As he opened his eyes, he felt like he was trapped in an unusual dimension, where time, space and antimatter blended together, with streaks of vivid colors flying by. As he looked around, he saw flashbacks of his journey across both the old and new Sinnoh streaking across the ceiling and floor, with statue-Arceus looking down on him. There seemed to not be a way out, but Zeiol saw columns of the black mist arising from stone tablets at different points in the dimension forming some sort of a corporeal string attached to them. After a careful survey, there seemed to be 32 strings in total. It seemed like both of these would be pivotal to escaping. "That's a puzzling number of strings facing me here. Arceus sealed away all of my 36 Pokemon besides Red and the birds, so I suppose that makes 32. Well, this is good. If I can decode this, there's hope to save my team, and I'm going to do it no matter what!", he declared. As Zeiol took a closer look, it seemed as if he'd need to use the past experiences he sees to do so. This was truly the meta-puzzle of all time, a fitting finale to quell the false god and deserving of its status as question #493, the last of this Sinnoh sojourn. Zeiol took a deep breath, sat down, and began looking carefully. Not all the riddles needed to be solved to escape, but solving all of them would guarantee Zeiol a way out. That being said, it seemed as if this dimension was one of no space and absolute order, Zeiol felt like playing by its rules was the best path to escape. He'd have to build up his wits, starting to count from zero. What order could this be? Well, he had an idea. More specifically, he remembered had access to this order very early on in his journey. Combining these two pieces of information, what did Zeiol need to create that would allow him to escape? Below are the inscriptions on each tablet. (note: The puzzle is included in the pastebin [https://pastebin.com/QYcgBYaU] for ease of access as well. Let me know if you can't access it.) [four dimensional hypercube / tesseract / tessaract]
37) Epilogue 1: Perhaps it was luck, perhaps it was inherited will, but the notions of possibility were shattered as Zeiol combined the strings to create it. He smiled up at the ceiling to see Arceus, furious at Zeiol's revelation. The puzzle is successfully decoded, the dark mist slowly fades, and the last of Arceus' lingering spirit turns the same scarlet it was sealed in, crumbling to dust. With that, the dimension collapsed in on itself [...], forcing Zeiol back to his original world, to the surprise of many onlookers. With trepidation, he looked back at his Pokeballs to see that they were all unsealed, with his team outside and happily greeting him upon his return! Everyone was here; all 36 of his Pokemon! Were they perhaps watching him? Not that it mattered, as Zeiol pulled them all in for a group hug, and was truly happy that this terrifying experience had come to a close. The last Arceus is in captivity. The galaxy is at peace. Finally, Zeiol decides to head back home to Twinleaf, to take a nice, long rest. The last few weeks have been harrowing for him, and he could think of no better place to unwind with all of his Pokemon. To immortalize how he's felt, he makes a record of his entire Pokemon roster, found here: https://pokepast.es/fb462493857a5913. With that, Zeiol's adventures of Pokeradar Pearl come to a close. I bequeath to you the acknowledgements and some fun design choices in the next question. Type /scavenge continue to continue. [continue / no]
38) Epilogue 2: Well, you actually did it. You made it to the last question, impressive! You've already solved plenty of hard and impossible questions up to this point, even that meta (seriously, what was with that question? it was a pain in more ways than one) and a break is definitely in order, for both you and me. Aren't you a dedicated one? Words really can't do justice to how thankful I am to you for getting this far. Pokeradar Pearl; a journey of 493 questions, and in no small part, you've played through a part of it - or even multiple of them! This series was initially just a way for me to catalogue my playthrough of the game - simply for my own musings 2 to 3 years down the line as a fun novelty, nowhere near as long or detailed as what you see now. But as I did so, I realized the vastness of what Sinnoh had to explore and wanted to bring it to a wider audience. Through making these ideas into cohesive puzzles and questions, I could leave my mark as both a storyteller and hunt maker, and I feel I did a good job at both to leave a lasting impression. Did you notice any hints I left about the ending? If not, you might want to check out question 189 (good lord, was it really that long ago? have I really been writing this for over 6 months? my poor assignments...) Heck, while I foreshadowed Platinum so heavily, even going so far as to nickname Metang for it, the original plan was to end at Pal Park - with Zeiol's fate left ambiguous and no Platinum content at all at roughly the 444 mark. However, I really didn't want to end on that passive a note and the allure of the picture-perfect number was too much to pass up on. Most importantly - this old draft didn’t have a meta puzzle at all! Looking back now, it’s good I made the change because the ending is far more impactful. Perhaps you'll experience Zeiol's adventures anew in a new universe, sometime in the distant future? However, that’s where this story concludes - we’re done with Pokeradar Pearl now. Lastly, to the QCers of the longest odyssey in scavenger history - aQrator, TurtalKatThing, Pants, ComputerWizard8800 and TeutonicSquire. You have my utmost gratitude (especially aq who stuck with this series from start to end). That being said, here's a toast to your success, scavenger! Keep up that indomitable spirit, and hopefully this series was one where you could Mhave fun! I, WarriorGallade, thank you for playing, and hope to see you next hunt! Type /scavenge pokeradar to finish. [pokeradar / no / LETS FUCKING GOO I'M FINALLY DONE WITH THIS SHIT WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!]

Explanation about the meta puzzle (you can find the puzzle at https://pastebin.com/raw/QYcgBYaU):
So, how this puzzle works is that you're given a set of 24 questions, each with a number in brackets.
Here's an example of an intended solve path:
The answer to each question is one Pokemon. Find that Pokemon.
Use that Pokemon's national dex number to correspond to a question in the odyssey.
Look at the number in brackets, and use string indexing (starting from zero) for the answer corresponding to that question.
Rinse and repeat for all 24 questions.

Each Pokemon that's the answer to the its respective question will be mentioned in order below, with its natdex number.

Chansey​
113​
Misdreavus​
200​
Lairon​
305​
Ditto​
132​
Wobbuffet​
202​
Purugly​
432​
Staraptor​
398​
Ho-oh​
250​
Palkia​
484​
Sentret​
161​
Grimer​
88​
Miltank​
241​
Pachirisu​
417​
Swellow​
277​
Regirock​
377​
Abra​
63​
Houndoom​
229​
Corphish​
341​
Drapion​
452​
Gallade​
475​
Clefable​
36​
Bulbasaur​
1​
Slakoth​
287​
Tropius​
357​

After getting these results, you'll find the answers to the corresponding questions along with the letter to extract, based on the number in brakcets.
A notable point is that you'll need to ignore spaces in the answer when solving, but they're included below to assist readability, and the indexing used takes the intended no-space approach.

footprintribbon​
f​
roark​
o​
bugbuzz​
u​
dragonfang​
r​
workerbrendon​
d​
horndrill​
i​
chimer stripe / chingling pachirisu​
m​
baltoy nidoking / (i love this q because it is absolutely pure bs unless you’ve been paying attention to the last part)​
e​
venomoth venonat​
n​
shadowball shadowclaw​
s​
kirlia stantler​
i​
meditite ponyta tyrogue​
o​
a commemorative ribbon obtained in a mysteryzone​
n​
solarpowered​
a​
rockclimb surf waterfall​
l​
rocksmash​
h​
lakevalor lakeacuity lakeverity​
y​
mankey primeape togepi. / Fun Fact! The blockades from the Fight Area are dependent on the cutscene with Rowan, when he gives you the national dex, and not on anything else. Therefore, even if you already have the national dex/battle tower, you can't leave the Fight Area to the north or east​
p​
azureflute​
e​
tornworld​
r​
psychoshift​
c​
munchlax​
u​
bibarel kadabra medicham mrmime steelix​
b​
charcoal fullheal lifeorb protein​
e​

Each out these letters when combined in the order arranged, spell out four dimensional hypercube, which is the answer. Alternatively, tesseract is a cooler answer which is also accepted.

Now, as thanks for reading this far, here's some cheese to entertain you.
If someone found this cheese, they wouldn't need to solve any of the questions, but it was deftly hidden, and it stayed that way. So, the flavor text in #493 mentions 32 strings, and there are 24 tablets. Coincidentally, a tesseract also has 32 edges and 24 faces. Given that Zeiol had to create something to escape, it could be a bit of a stretch. But hey, if you found it you well deserve the loophole.

Last edited:
In a blink of an eye the month is over! In first is blazeofvictory with 85 points. In second is yeet dab xd with 74 points and in third is p^_^okemonvortex with 70 points. All the other scores can be seen below.

RankNamePoints
1blazeofvictory85
2yeet dab xd74
3p^_^okemonvortex.70
4Computerwizard880068
5EpicCreeper900259
6Teutonic✠Squire55
7WarriorGallade34
8sIang翔29
9TokenSnack28
10Menace0224
10Soft Flex24
10deftinwolf24
13bubi da jeffery19
14jojja17
14ThinkGlacier1017
16notbuddha16
17dot Comfey12
18fuzzyfoam11
19Aegii10
20boredgort9
21canele & wolf8
22fearfire227
22toxic boosted7
24TheAura >6
24scoobydoobydrew6
26AndrewThePenguin5
26Bert1225
26PartMan5
26Merlin9615
30bro._.torterra4
30powergo4
30Stakaattacker4
30super stinky feet4
30TheFieryMoth4
30deiondre04
30ghostchimpdamage4
37ksch3
37skybounds3
37OHKOff⁇3
37111ace1113
37BieberDialga3
37avyrie3
43lilac flower2
43ThisAccForT35t2
43carryt642
43a staff2
43Dratios2
43ForgotToFlush2
49ptelzcra1
49DoctaShock1
49foodss1
49flanfta1
49RedKnight7571
49Merlee1
49the willing well1
49TurtalKatThing1
49beastboy19711
49Krossfade1
49FORTNlTE1
49Discordual1
49tryvee1
49Qui-Gon the Flygon1
49AceTrainerAlex71661
49V1C7ORYY1
49WrathofSiracusans1
49Sabby60>!!>1
49smii1
49SergioRules1
49ProfSapling1
49Turtlek1
49qwfwq1
49R2Cv11
49trials111
49Jorganzola1
49Yati4261
49stack of nacl1
49gloooo1
49Tapler ❀1
49NewsDan ^-^1

New month, new twist. March's twist is Creator's Choice: Democracy Edition: finishers of the practice hunt can vote on a twist for the upcoming official.

Lastly, congrats to sIang on voice.

Hosted a fish Sunday 3/5/2023 at 8pm eastern - some people were there and some people were squares. The twist chosen by democracy (!pick) was Scavengers Feud.

Results:
1st place: Computerwizard8800 [54:06].
2nd place: Teutonic✠Squire! [02:44:55].
Hunt:
1) TCG fish ><> These Pokemon appear on a card whose attack makes players switch sides and continue the game with their opponent's decks (alpha.) Celebi, Zorua / Celebi and Zorua
2) This card makes the players recruit teams that play a best-of-3 match against each other, with each player using a different deck. 3 vs 3 Dugtrio Team Battle / 3 vs 3 Dugtrio Team Battle (Vending S3)
3) Several items that came with a Japanese-exclusive product make the game play very differently. Name, in order, the character depicted on the card that: prevents you from attacking for the turn if you are caught laughing; makes you stand uncomfortably during your opponent's turn like the character depicted on it is doing; and makes you count to 10 to limit the time your opponent has to take a turn. Alder,Brycen,Clay

Scavenger Feud incorrect answers:
Q1: poliwhirlweepinbell - computerwizard8800
Q2: 3deckbattle - computerwizard8800, teutonicsquire
Q3: No wrong answers!

big ty to TurtalKatThing and deftinwolf for the QCs!

Last edited:
Hope you Beweared, the ides of march is over and so is the cycle. In first is Teutonic✠Squire! with 81 points. In second is Computerwizard8800 with 75 and in third is blazeofvictory with 63.

RankNamePoints
1Teutonic✠Squire!81
2Computerwizard880075
3blazeofvictory63
4yeet dab xd47
4the aura47
6BubidaJeffery!45
7Menace0240
8deftinwolf39
9ThinkGlacier1025
10qwfwq20
11aQrator18
12jojja17
13Soft Flex16
14WarriorGallade15
14carryt6415
16sIang翔13
16dot Comfey13
18fuzzyfoam12
19OHKOff⁇10
19AndrewThePenguin10
21beastboy19719
21bro._.torterra9
21p^_^okemonvortex.9
21Aegii9
21gallant('spear')9
21notbuddha9
27boredgort8
27canele & wolf8
27TokenSnack8
30toxic boosted7
30fearfire227
30powergo7
33PrimalLanturn6
33lilac flower6
33TheFieryMoth6
36Stakaattacker5
36Lambdaryllis5
36TurtalKatThing5
36Azluc03⌐▨_▨5
36xfix5
361gren starlight5
42scoobydoobydrew4
42ProfSapling4
42Yati4264
45111ace1113
45Maria Nearl3
45Krossfade3
45Water Hoe3
45Sabby60>!!>3
45akakakp3
45sananaskanana3
45Peyz3
45PartMan3
54avyrie2
54Pants2
54togedemaru1332
54Istil2
54notcollintan ?_?2
54Not A Shady Dude2
54Marx82fast2
54Tis i me2
54lukethedumbass2
54BlueFins ˙︵˙2
64super stinky feet1
64MukUsedDrillPeck1
64tl the legend??1
64deiondre01
64ghostchimpdamage1
64Jorganzola1
64gloooo1
64HO meykii1
641hfkqhwhrelk1
64A Welcome Guest1
64Discordual1
64KawaiiiiPotato✿1
64UBMY SovStrochnis1
64Meisnooblol1
64YetAnotherDodo1
64Azulalmao1
64Acura RL1
64thealbinowhale1
64ForgotToFlush1
64Devoxys1
64Turtlek1
64joshua bonouvrie1
64Lemons293781
64Forker11121
64Tapler ❀1
64V1C7ORYY1
64YashGreninja¤1
64SergioRules1
64The Benz Mafia1
64ksch1
64Boopgaloop1
64Asxier1
64smii1
64ZachyPaige1
64RedKnight7571
6412kirby341
64FORTNlTE1
64ptelzcra1
64imnewhelppls1
64Unown-U1

The rest of the month is still a testament to the failures of democracy. Be sure to stop by for fish the rest of the month to torture people with the worst twists possible.

There's a flying fish coming your way on Sunday, March 19th at 19:00 CST. Everyone's favorite relative will also be making an appearance during this fish, so make sure to be there!

The hunt used the twist Difficulty Bonus.
Results:
1st place: blazeofvictory [24:53].
2nd place: fearfire22 [29:49].
3rd place: Dark Koopatrol [30:12].
4th place: yeet dab xd [01:13:41].
5th place: Teutonic✠Squire [01:51:43].
Consolation Prize: notbuddha [05:37:19], aQrator [09:29:32]

Hunt:
Solution:
1) This is the only Pokemon to have a move exclusive to a wild encounter in some mainline game(s), but in the next generation the move was added to its level up moveset. [hooh / the move is burn up from ultra space wilds]
2) There's a Pokemon-related digital download that is only playable on the 3DS, was not released physically, but cannot be found on the 3DS E-Shop without installing another app on your 3DS beforehand. What is it? [poketransporter / the other app needed to access it is pokebank]
3) Ribbons are cool, so I'd like to transfer a Pokemon with the maximum possible number of ribbons into Pokemon Home. I have every Pokemon game and online subscription accessible to me to achieve this, but my lovely brother hid the consoles needed to play the games somewhere. Use the US MSRP for each item in this journey, and only official price changes to the MSRP should be considered. Round to the nearest 10th dollar, so if a cost is 499 or 499.99, assume it to be 500. In total, I would have to spend at least this much money in USD for this quest if I couldn't find my brother. Assume no console modification is involved. [gamecube (price cut) + gba link cable + gba sp + ds lite + 2ds + switch lite / 99+ 10 + 79 + 99 + 79 + 199 / 570]

Last edited:
Hosted a four question fish on March 18th, 9:30 PM Eastern! Many came out and showed their love for Scavs by voting, and shockingly this time the twist with the most votes (Wikirace) won.

Results:
1st place: WarriorGallade [11:44].
2nd place: bubidajeffery [14:45].
3rd place: yeet dab xd [30:07].
4th place: Computerwizard8800 [33:30].
5th place: fearfire22 [41:08].
Consolation Prize: Menace02 [52:30], Illusio [02:13:32]

Hunt:
1) This Mystery Dungeon game was exclusive to one non-Japan country.
Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Gold Rescue Team ; Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gold Rescue Team ; Gold Rescue Team
2) This Flash game was made to promote a Mystery Dungeon game.
Victini's V-Spin Dungeon
3) In Explorers of Sky, an overworld map only accessible by cheating or hacking contains many interactable NPCs. Name, in order: the NPC on that map who can start the footprint matching minigame; the NPC who complains its personality will change when it evolves; and the Pokemon that, if it's on your team, triggers differing dialogue with an NPC based on whether or not it is level 1.
kecleon lombre manaphy ; green kecleon lombre manaphy
4) These Pokemon, who can’t be the playable character or partner in Explorers of Sky, are either the playable character or partner in maps for a demo of the game (alpha.) Kirlia Lapras Pachirisu Psyduck

The race went from the Gold Rescue Team page to Pachirisu, with only links in full sentences counting. Two tied solutions were optimal:

Gold Rescue Team -> Xatu -> Dawn -> Pachirisu: bubidajeffrey, warriorgallade, menace02
Gold Rescue Team -> Blue Rescue Team -> Pikachu -> Pachirisu: fearfire22

shoutouts to teut and TKT for qcs :D

Last edited:
Hosted? an official? on April 1st, 4:00 P.M. EDT (8:00 P.M. GMT).

The people using dark mode won't get the joke.

Thanks to computerwizard8800 and computerwizard8800 for QC'ing.

Well, I don't know who stepped on the mines, but here's the results anyway:
1st place: Devoxys
2nd place: Teutonic✠Squire
3rd place: Painter Espeon
4th place: TheAura
5th place: powergo
Consolation prize: sIang, Menace02, WarriorGallade, yeet dab xd, blazeofvictory, TokenSnack, Qui-Gon the Flygon

Name a character on a Rental Pass available from the start in Pokémon Battle Revolution. (Don't include Trainer Class)|Cyndy; !Nate
Name a Pokémon that has Filter.|!Aggron-Mega; Mime Jr.; !Mr. Mime; !Revavroom
Name a Signature Move of a Starmobile.|!Wicked Torque; !Blazing Torque; Noxious Torque; !Magical Torque; !Combat Torque
Name a treasure of the Seven Treasures.|!Aqua-Monica; !Fiery Drum; !Grass Cornet; !Icy Flute; !Rock Horn; Sky Melodica; !Terra Cymbal
Name a Pokémon (not a Trainer) that is a fighter in Smash Bros.|!Pikachu; !Jigglypuff; !Pichu; !Mewtwo; !Lucario; Squirtle; !Ivysaur; !Charizard; !Greninja; !Incineroar
Name an answer in the previous Spam Guess Odyssey by pokemonvortex.|!Teleport; !Light That Burns the Sky; !Exeggutor-Alola; !Igglybuff; !Pikachu-Kalos; !Toxic; !Toxic Plate; !Torkoal; !Unseen Fist; Dewford; !Dewford Town; !Endure
Name a Gummi present in Red Rescue Team. (Don't include 'Gummi')|!Black; !Blue; !Brown; !Clear; !Gold; !Grass; !Gray; !Green; !Orange; !Pink; !Purple; !Red; !Royal; Silver; !Sky; !White; !Yellow
Name a named route in the Sevii Islands.|!Treasure Beach; !Kindle Road; !Cape Brink; !Bond Bridge; !Three Isle Port; !Three Isle Path; !Resort Gorgeous; !Water Labyrinth; !Five Isle Meadow; !Memorial Pillar; !Outcast Island; Green Path; !Water Path; !Ruin Valley; !Trainer Tower; !Canyon Entrance; !Sevault Canyon; !Tanoby Ruins; !Lost Cave
Name a form of Unown. (PS! formatting)|!Unown; !Unown-B; !Unown-C; !Unown-D; !Unown-E; !Unown-F; !Unown-G; !Unown-H; !Unown-I; !Unown-J; !Unown-K; !Unown-L; !Unown-M; !Unown-N; !Unown-O; Unown-P; !Unown-Q; !Unown-R; !Unown-S; !Unown-T; !Unown-U; !Unown-V; !Unown-W; !Unown-X; !Unown-Y; !Unown-Z; !Unown-Exclamation; !Unown-Question
Name a Pokémon with a Pokémon card (not V/VMAX) with a Rapid Strike label. (Answer with name as shown on the card)|!Carnivine; !Remoraid; !Octillery; !Shinx; !Luxio; !Luxray; !Mienfoo; !Mienshao; !Falinks; !Sobble; !Drizzile; !Inteleon; !Rapid Strike Urshifu; !Diglett; !Dugtrio; !Passimian; !Grookey; !Thwackey; !Rillaboom; !Sneasel; !Weavile; !Tapu Fini; Blitzle; !Zebstrika; !Inkay; !Malamar; !Zangoose; !Kecleon; !Feebas; !Milotic; !Flabébé; !Flabebe; !Floette; !Florges; !Marshadow; !Kangaskhan; !Sizzlipede; !Centiskorch; !Shellder; !Cloyster; !Staryu; !Starmie; !Plusle; !Minun; !Deoxys; !Basculin; !Lapras; !Buneary; !Lopunny; !Hawlucha

Last edited:
(totally didn't forget to make a post here, oops) A sparkly fish is heading your way on April 2, 11:00 CST! Thanks to PartMan and TurtalKatThing for their QCs.

This hunt used the Minesweeper twist, and what an assortment of mines we saw! Every one of our finishers hit at least one mine, so myself and the QCers earn a neat meal of points!

Results:
1st place: powergo [01:13:20].
2nd place: SpaceCraft04 [01:13:55].
3rd place: yeet dab xd [03:39:43].
4th place: blazeofvictory [04:46:04].
5th place: Menace02 [04:49:24].
Hunt:

1) On the day it was released, I digitally downloaded Pokemon Red to shiny hunt Zapdos. Within exactly a day I'd caught one and realized that it would become shiny if immediately transferred to the latest generation. Assuming Zapdos' stats stayed exactly the same until I transferred it up, what are the highest values its Attack and Defense stats could have within Pokemon Red? (answer as a number for each stat) [105 105]
Mines:
100 110: Menace02
110 100: SpaceCraft04 / sIang翔 / Menace02
215 195: sIang翔 / powergo
2) Before Gen 7, this is the only Pokemon not from the Undiscovered egg group with a shiny lock that can be caught in its first battle against the player. [snorlax]
Mines:
poochyena: SpaceCraft04 / powergo / yeet dab xd / blazeofvictory
manaphy: SpaceCraft04 / powergo / yeet dab xd / Menace02
pikachu: SpaceCraft04
3) Name all Pokemon who have some of their stats increased if a Shiny Charm is in the bag. (alpha) [bayleef chikorita meganium]
Mines:
chikorita bayleef meganium: Menace02
gyarados magikarp: -
dudunsparce maushold: blazeofvictory

Last edited:
15 more days have passed. blazeofvictory wins with 106 points, yeet dab xd gets the silver with 100 and Teutonic✠Squire gets the bronze with 89. Everyone else is saved in the annals of time below.
RankNamePoints
1blazeofvictory106
2yeet dab xd100
3Teutonic✠Squire89
4Computerwizard880088
5WarriorGallade80
6BubidaJeffery..72
7fearfire2256
8sIang36
9notbuddha32
10TokenSnack29
10qwfwq29
12deftinwolf26
13Litt♥Eleven22
13Dark Koopatrol22
15Menace0221
16Illusio18
17Sabby60>!!>15
17aQrator15
19thEAura14
19powergo14
19SpareBldg14
22canele & wolf13
22p^_^okemonvortex.13
22beastboy197113
22Lambdaryllis13
26bro._.torterra12
26LaylaHearts_gacha12
28PEYZ11
29Soft Flex10
30AndrewThePenguin9
31jojja8
31aegii8
31imnewhelppls8
31SIeeping snorlax8
31carryt648
36boredgort7
36dot Comfey7
38fuzzyfoam6
38tl the legend6
38Sieckmeyer6
38MNMTR 1hfkqhwhrelk6
42TurtalKatThing5
42lilac flower5
44Boopgaloop4
44ProfSapling4
44Benjgbro4
44NewsDan ^-^4
44RokaDaBoss4
49toxic boosted3
49CreativelyRenamed3
49Cyllage3
49gloooo3
49SergioRules3
49tobey623
49Turtlek3
49triangle^ears^meow3
57penguind2
57Stakaattacker2
571hfkqhwhrelk2
57TofuPupper2
57111ace1112
57Tapler ❀2
57ShadowRex7272
57OHKOff⁇2
57Dratios2
57Asxier2
57Grassy_storm!!~~2
57Gourgillion2
57venting impostor2
57KSCH2
57super stinky feet2
57Rivenof9001Voices2
57A Welcome Guest2
57mauby2
57scoobydoobydrew2
57Not A Shady Dude2
57ptelzcra2
78the willing well1
78athleteandy11
78TheFieryMoth1
78yeet bad xd1
78Discordual1
78PrincessPika1021
78erwoignwrg1
78KawaiiiiPotato✿1
78jcmc99011
78Tis i me1
78Merlee1
78Extalibur1
78Istil1
78Centritide1
78V1C7ORYY1
78Azulalmao1
78Shoyu111
78juniperjumpluff1
78ZachyPaige1
78PartBot1
78Nd9zm turtlek1
78Yati4261
78cameruptaaa1
78The Benz Mafia1
78doubledgedsword1
78mgperson1
78ghostchimpdamage1
78Azluc03(⌐▨_▨)1
78Qui-Gon the Flygon1
78sananaskanana1
78Outer Wilds1
78TJosher1
78pants1
78ScorrchingTheaph1
78Zixi op +1
78Krossfade1
114artgerm0
115PartMan-69
Our new twist is Minesweeper: the huntmaker and QCers can add incorrect 'mines' to the hunt - they get points every time a player scavenges it, and players that dodge all the mines in the hunt get points. With an explosive twist like this you won't want to miss the upcoming fish.

mini roundup

1st place: blazeofvictory [03:26].
2nd place: ThinkGlacier10 [43:02].
3rd place: Menace02 [50:36].
Consolation Prize: Teutonic✠Squire! [01:39:01]
QC:Computerwizard8800

1st place: Teutonic✠Squire! [05:59].
2nd place: yeet dab xd '^' [06:02].
3rd place: Illusio [09:50].
Consolation Prize: WarriorGallade [15:02], Menace02 [16:57], BubidaJeffery! [24:29], Tapler ❀ [25:21], powergo [01:06:26], deftinwolf [01:07:43], tl the legend?? [01:45:30], PartMan [02:04:36], fearfire22 [04:56:06], PartBot [07:43:39]
QC:Computerwizard8800

Last mini roundup can be found here.

Last edited:
I wish minesweeper worked on my hunt :(

Congrats to Teutonic✠Squire! for first with 121 points, yeet dab xd for close second with 120 points, and Computerwizard8800 for third with 64 points.

RankNamePoints
1​
Teutonic✠Squire!
121​
2​
yeet dab xd
120​
3​
Computerwizard8800
64​
4​
blazeofvictory
59​
5​
RokaDaBoss
53​
6​
TheAura
43​
7​
powergo
41​
8​
p^_^okemonvortex.
37​
8​
WarriorGallade
37​
10​
Menace02
34​
10​
BubidaJeffery!
34​
12​
SpaceCraft04
32​
13​
fuzzyfoam
25​
14​
sIang翔
23​
15​
dot Comfey
18​
15​
Soft Flex
18​
17​
toxic boosted
17​
18​
devoxys
15​
19​
Annaoceancat
12​
20​
painterespeon
10​
20​
aQrator
10​
22​
tokensnack
9​
22​
Litt♥Eleven
9​
24​
SIeeping snorlax
8​
24​
Illusio
8​
24​
aegii
8​
24​
Purple Gummi
8​
28​
notbuddha
7​
28​
NewsDan ^-^
7​
28​
boredgort
7​
31​
turtalkatthing
6​
31​
fearfire22
6​
33​
SpareBldg
5​
33​
Discordual
5​
33​
jojja
5​
33​
tl the legend
5​
33​
AndrewThePenguin
5​
33​
Sabby60>!!>
5​
39​
bro._.torterra
4​
39​
ScorrchingTheaph
4​
39​
Qui-Gon the Flygon
4​
39​
1hfkqhwhrelk
4​
39​
Asxier
4​
39​
deftinwolf
4​
45​
saltvik
3​
45​
imnewhelppls
3​
45​
ptelzcra
3​
45​
canele & wolf
3​
45​
pomono
3​
45​
asianzoro
3​
45​
Turtlek
3​
52​
HarderMan
2​
52​
qwfwq
2​
52​
zixiop
2​
52​
deiondre0
2​
52​
yati426
2​
52​
Not A Shady Dude
2​
58​
GrassyStorm
1​
58​
Owanji
1​
58​
pants
1​
58​
notcollintan
1​
58​
RedKnight757
1​
58​
Water Hoe
1​
58​
Mystiphox
1​
58​
YetAnotherDodo
1​
58​
nitrodog96
1​
58​
Light Koopatrol
1​
58​
ghostchimpdamage
1​
58​
fennec firefox
1​
58​
princesspika102
1​
58​
mrbeannft
1​
58​
KawaiiiiPotato✿
1​
58​
Auroura_Wolf
1​
58​
P^ey^Z
1​
58​
Cyllage
1​
58​
scoobydoobydrew
1​
58​
ForgotToFlush
1​
58​
Sieckmeyer
1​
58​
moo
1​
58​
gloooo
1​
58​
Boopgaloop
1​

We're still blowing stuff up for the rest of the month! (and hopefully not the code again)

aQrator

Have a good day!
is a Battle Simulator Moderator
Guess who's back. Back again. aQ is back. Tell a friend.

I'm Hosting an official on April 27th at noon UTC (4am PDT, 7am EDT, 14:00 CEDT, 17:30 IST)! Hope to see you there.

QCs by Computerwizard8800 and WarriorGallade, thanks both!

The fish has concluded! Sadly, the mines blew up the server instead of the users' answers, so we had to disable them. We do have two finishers though!
In first place, RokaDaBoss with a time of 03:02:02 (and an alt for Q3 to boot!), followed by Teutonic✠Squire! with a time of 03:28:18.

This mystery dungeon's name is part of the name of 5 different mystery dungeons in a different Mystery Dungeon game. | Zero Isle |
Excluding any DLC dungeons, Mystery Dungeons of these names can appear in two generations of Mystery Dungeon games. List alphabetically. | Buried Ruins, Destiny Tower, Mystery Jungle, Mystical Forest, Rock Path |
In exactly one Mystery Dungeon game, there are two different dungeons that go by this same name, though another Mystery Dungeon game also contains one of these two dungeons. | Stormy Sea; Temporal Tower

Last edited:
This FE Pokemon can see an increase to its speed.
These FE Pokemon can see an increase to their speed. (alpha)

Repeat ad infinitum.

Hosting a mystery event on Saturday, April 29th at 10:00 CST (15:00 GMT)! No, this didn't say May beforehand. Whatever do you mean?
Part of the mystery comes from there being three QCer's; TeutonicSquire, Tapler and Partman. Thanks to all of them! What mysteries can there be in a hunt like this? Stay tuned to a Scavengers room near you.

Well, the hunt first had to be moved to treasure town, and we had a server restart midway thorough - so the times below are me approximating what the actual finish time would be from comparing the logs. May be a few minutes inaccurate, but this probably takes the cake for the longest time needed to have a finisher regardless.

Results:
1st place: Discordual [01:08:18:31].
2nd place: yeet dab xd [01:10:16:23].
3rd place: aQrator [04:03:49:35]
4th place: Menace02 [04:04:08:59].

Yes, you read that right. The first finish took a bit over 32 hours even with regular hints. Perhaps the next fish you see from me will be a bit easier..?

Hunt:
1) These FE Pokemon can see an increase to their speed upon eating an X-Eye Seed. (alpha) [gallade granbull lucario mightyena ursaring]
2) These FE Pokemon can see an increase to their speed upon drinking an X-Eye Seed. (alpha) [darkrai dialga]
3) This FE Pokemon can see an increase to its speed if the opponent tries to lower it via exactly one status move. [electivire]
4) This FE Pokemon can see an increase to its speed - maximizing it in a single turn without using any moves. [latios]
5) These FE Pokemon can see an increase to their speed on certain floors of a dungeon without the use of any items, moves or IQ, and are monotype. (alpha) [castformsnowy glaceon glalie regice]
6) These FE Pokemon can see an increase to their speed - being able to triple it in a single turn without any 4x weaknesses, opponents or item use. (alpha) [lunatone solrock steelix]
7) This FE Pokemon can see an increase to its speed - being able to triple it from a neutral state without any opponents, abilities, traps, eating anything, orbs, IQ skills or using any moves. [ledian]
8) This FE Pokemon can see an increase to its speed - being able to triple it under the same restrictions as the last question if it existed within the aforementioned games. [hawlucha]
9) These FE Pokemon can see an increase to their speed and are able to attack twice, when compared to Pokemon that only have a speed boost, without any opponents, orbs, eating anyting, IQ skills or moves, and are weak to one of their own STAB type(s). (alpha) [jumpluff kingdra rayquaza tropius]
10) These FE Pokemon can see an increase to their speed in Fog, but if they're the only Pokemon on the team with no held items or orbs, without using any moves, and no mission is ongoing, they can never obtain the Lost Loot within a dungeon. (alpha) [drifblim froslass giratina sableye spiritomb]
11) These FE Pokemon can see an increase to their speed if they use an item; sharing the Poison type, but they can also throw the item at you and have it increase the speed of all the Pokemon on your team, including you. (alpha) [arbok dustox toxicroak venomoth vileplume]
12) These FE Pokemon can see an increase to their speed upon using a non-damaging move they can naturally know if you find them in the western sea. (alpha) [gyarados kingdra sharpedo]
13) These FE Pokemon can see an increase to their speed for every ~25 belly they lose per floor - assuming they do not walk through walls, use linked moves or speed up belly consumption in other ways. (alpha) [ninjask yanmega]
14) These FE Pokemon can see an increase to their speed and be able to act under the influence of the tactic "Get away from here" even if the leader is below the level needed to select that tactic, without eating anything, orbs, IQ skills or using any moves. (alpha) [dodrio dunsparce furret pachirisu rapidash]
15) These FE Pokemon can see an increase to their speed when they use a move they're guaranteed to have upon evolution, no matter what level they're evolved at. (alpha) [mamoswine tangrowth yanmega]
16) These FE Pokemon can see an increase to their speed as well as their evasion and have a 4x weakness; assuming no food, orbs, IQ, moves or gems are involved. (alpha) [cacturne gliscor]
17) These FE Pokemon can see an increase to their speed stat ranging from 1 stage to the maximum upon using a move exactly once, as well as being able to have increased odds of foes dropping Treasure Boxes, without any 4x weaknesses or TMs. (alpha) [dustox froslass lumineon venomoth]
18) These FE Pokemon can see an increase to their speed as well as their party's if they used a move or used a non-orb item, and are dual-typed. (alpha) [altaria chatot mantine]
19) This FE Pokemon can see a increase to its speed as well as being able to lower a foe's speed in the same turn, without the use of abilities, items or TMs. [porygon-z]
20) These FE Pokemon can see an increase to their speed and (by doing something else) acquire a status condition upon using a move with a 1-tile range that cuts corners, eating anything, using items, or IQ skills. (alpha) [blaziken charizard meganium sceptile]
21) These FE Pokemon can see an increase to their speed when fought as part of a boss battle when they use a non-damaging move. (alpha) [articuno gyarados rayquaza suicune]
22) These FE Pokemon can see an increase to their speed and have appeared twice in this odyssey so far, but no possible answers have the same type combination. (alpha) [froslass gyarados kingdra rayquaza yanmega]
23) These FE Pokemon can see an increase to their speed permanently, without in-dungeon items, IQ, moves or abilities, no matter what dungeon floor they started out on. (alpha) [deoxysspeed kecleon shayminsky]

Last edited:

aQrator

Have a good day!
is a Battle Simulator Moderator
PartMan, dot Comfey, TurtalKatThing and I are auth for 3 years on April 30th! To celebrate, we are hosting a fish at 3:30pm UTC (8:30am PDT, 11:30am EDT, 17:30 CEDT, 21:00 IST).

Big thanks to Cwiz and Deftinwolf for their QCs!

The official scavenger hunt by aQrator, dot Comfey, and PartMan was ended automatically.
1st place: Teutonic✠Squire! [56:30].
2nd place: Devoxys [02:18:20].
3rd place: yeet dab xd [02:24:59].
4th place: WarriorGallade [04:01:55].

Hope you all enjoyed our little fish!

1) In Pokemon GO, excluding formes, the first fully evolved Pokemon species by natdex order whose shiny is not available mentions this 1800s fictional character in one of its Smogdex entries. [Oliver Twist]
2) In a certain spinoff game, this item is functionally equivalent to another item, except its cost is 360x as much as said item. [Banana]
3) In alphabetical order, name all TCG cards featuring a Rotom forme that has never had a Dex entry in any main-series game. (Exclude subtext in your answer) [Drone Rotom, Rotom Bike, Rotom Dex, Rotom Phone]

Last edited:
April is over. First is Teutonic✠Squire with 113 points, second is RokaDaBoss with 92 points and third is yeet dab xd with 75 points. All other scores are below.
RankNamePoints
1Teutonic✠Squire!113
2RokaDaBoss92
3yeet dab xd75
4WarriorGallade64
5bubidajeffery62
6siang43
7aQrator41
8Computerwizard880039
9Menace0236
10TheAura32
11moo30
12deftinwolf29
13blazeofvictory26
14tokensnack25
14Devoxys25
16fearfire2222
17Annaoceancat21
18Soft Flex19
19fuzzyfoam17
20Sabby60>!!>16
20boredgort16
20SIeeping snorlax16
20AndrewThePenguin16
20qwfwq16
20bro._.torterra16
26Asxier15
26NewsDan ^-^15
28Litt♥Eleven12
28Discordual12
28p^_^okemonvortex.12
31jojja11
31asianzoro11
31toxic boosted11
31Illusio11
35ptelzcra9
35SpareBldg9
37aegii8
37ThinkGlacier108
39ghostchimpdamage7
39beastboy19717
39sadkoolaid7
42tl the legend6
42tobey626
44notbuddha5
45SpaceCraft044
45onsha no inu4
45KawaiiiiPotato✿4
45Steve4566644
45Turt Lek4
45xfix4
45MORBIVEX4
45smii4
53Qui-Gon the Flygon3
53Istil3
53ProfSapling3
53notcollintan ?_?3
53DRATI O'S3
58SergioRules2
58Not A Shady Dude2
58Sieckmeyer2
58scoobydoobydrew2
58Midnightsecrets2
58Dark Koopatrol2
58TurtalKatThing2
58RedKnight7572
58TJosher2
5819Spamton972
58theironpikachu2
58Shoyu112
70Auroura_Wolf1
70luminous spring1
70Witscord1
70Gwynt ^-^1
70Benjgbro1
70FranziskaSkye1
70ScorrchingTheaph1
70YetAnotherDodo1
70saltvik1
70gregoris41
70happinesss1
70A Group of Lions1
70Saburo1
70lilac flower1
70FakeFan01
70kvothe the red1
70Cyllage1
70Tapler ❀1
70winkyno1
70Husdjur1
70digimonismylife1
701hfkqhwhrelk1
70imnewhelppls1
70a staff1
702448y1
70CreativelyRenamed1
70Yua9991
70An >_> Dy1
70iamstupiditstrue1
70Azluc03(⌐▨_▨)1
70Yati4261
70Light Koopatrol1
70Emboar021
70pomono1
70Maria Nearl1
70deiondre01
70Magic ☭ Communist1
70dot Comfey1

May's twist is Minifish MAYhem: For the month of May, the Blitz rule will now apply for mini-official hunts! Finishing a mini-official within 1 minute of its starting time allows a top 3 finisher to gain 5 extra BLITZ points for their speed!

Why enjoy the flowers when you can stay indoors? See you in May.

Last edited:
mini roundup

1st place: yeet dab xd [11:03].
2nd place: BUBIDA JEFFERY [17:25].
3rd place: sIang [17:53].
Consolation Prize: Prequel [24:16], fuzzyfoam [40:40], Computerwizard8800 [53:52], TeutonicSquire [01:27:30], blazeofvictory [01:29:18], fearfire22 [03:09:27]
QC:turtalkatthing

1st place: yeet dab xd [09:41].
2nd place: Bubidajeffery! [14:19].
3rd place: p^_^okemonvortex. [22:56].
Consolation Prize: Menace02 [49:19], Computerwizard8800 [53:10], fuzzyfoam [01:22:40], toxic boosted [01:27:24], ForgotToFlush [01:52:13], RokaDaBoss [02:18:24], deiondre0 [02:31:56], Litt♥Eleven [02:55:00]
QC:WarriorGallade

1st place: RokaDaBoss [08:06].
2nd place: bubida jeffery [10:10].
3rd place: sIang翔 [12:16].
Consolation Prize: Menace02 [27:41], yeet dab xd [45:37], DRATI O'S [01:09:32], SpareBldg [01:39:36], Sabby60>!!> [01:43:45]
QC:Teutonic✠Squire

Last mini roundup can be found here.

We're halfway through May already. First is yeet dab xd with 142 points, second is Sabby60>!!> with 108 and third is BubidaJeffery! with 99. Everyone else is below.
RankNamePoints
1yeet dab xd142
2Sabby60>!!>108
3BubidaJeffery!99
4sIang翔96
5Computerwizard880087
6aQrator76
7deftinwolf65
8Menace0261
9Teutonic✠Squire!60
10Discordual58
11ThinkGlacier1043
11bro._.torterra43
11WarriorGallade43
14boredgort42
15fennec firefox39
16Soft Flex38
16toxic boosted38
18fuzzyfoam37
19Dark Koopatrol27
19Purple Gummi27
21TheAura26
22aegii25
23notbuddha22
24AndrewThePenguin20
25moo18
25tl the legend18
25Asxier18
25Devoxys18
29sananaskanana16
30p^_^okemonvortex.15
30Yuuma Tokogaya II15
32tokensnack14
33SpaceCraft0412
33imnewhelppls12
35NewsDan ^-^11
35ghostchimpdamage11
371hfkqhwhrelk10
37Razachu10
37Magic ☭ Communist10
40smii9
40SoYouLikeMud?Kip!9
42ptelzcra8
42RokaDaBoss8
42Turt Lek8
45SIeeping snorlax7
45beastboy19717
45Steve4566647
45fearfire227
45jojja7
45aerial gundam7
45LJB147
52gregoris46
52asianzoro6
52CreativelyRenamed6
52sadkoolaid6
56qwfwq5
56scoobydoobydrew5
56Midnightsecrets5
56Dratios5
56lilac flower5
56ubers g5
62deiondre04
62Lady Monita4
62TheFieryMoth4
62Kaani4
62ProfSapling4
62Sir Tetris4
62penguind4
62gallant"s pear4
70nitrodog963
70Zipzapadam3
70wo aipom3
73WorthyGleam2
73Maria Nearl2
73Tapler ❀2
73Krilla9602
73MasterVegetable2
73Istil2
73gabite of 872
73SergioRules2
73Yati4262
73holocryptid2
73luminous spring2
73skiddo2
73dot Comfey2
73Illusio2
73Forest fyte2
73Krossfade2
73Pear is You2
73Ssitqc2
91Shoyu111
91GrassyStorm1
91notcollintan ?_?1
91LordThemberchaud1
91tommy ege1
91guishark1
91join qw join qw1
91ninjadog1
91acetraineralex71661
91TheStarmanLord1
91ho'olheyak1
91kevinrocks1
91Hizo1
91MyanMario1
91Dragonmirror1
91PrincessPika1021
91a staff1
9119Spamton971
91BieberDialga1
91athleteandy11
91negsan1
91Acura RL1
91Schiavetto ♫♪♫♪1
91HarderMan1
91AmeesofRoses221
91FORTNLTE1
91Gwynt ^-^1
91zacians1
91glasshopper1
91Kitara Ravache1
We've still got a lot of minis coming up with some actual fish too so stick around or don't I can't force you.

The official scavenger hunt by gallant's pear was ended automatically.
1st place: 8th Wonder [01:00].
2nd place: aQrator [01:17].
3rd place: Teutonic✠Squire! [01:34].
4th place: Sabby60>!!> [01:43].
5th place: TheAura [03:04].
Consolation Prize: Asxier [04:45], BubidaJeffery! [05:23], Menace02 [34:46], fennec firefox [43:48], siang [01:11:36]

1) Bocchi The Rock's main band's members' name are derived from this Japanese rock band members. [Asian Kung Fu Generation]
2) The Gotoh family dog in Bocchi The Rock is named after a real life musician. Said musician is also part of the lore of this Japanese band where he created them as The Ultimate Life Form before being frozen in Antarctica. [Man With a Mission / MWAM]
3) This song commemorate the release of Arknights' episode 7 on global server. [End like this]

thanks to tapled and cwiz for qc

may the pyuks be with you.

FE fish out, evo fish in. In my last post, I said that the next fish would be easier, and that's what I hope this one is. Maybe not blitz-worthy, but a quick finish seems possible nonetheless.
Coming your way on May 26, at 8:00 CST. QCs by aQrator and TurtalKatThing are appreciated as always.

As it turns out, no. This was not easier at all. Where is my difficulty scaling? Who knows, it ran away with Brian.

Our first place finisher had this lovely meme: https://prnt.sc/ExpVwbqXNmO9
Results:
1st place: fennec firefox [01:04:02].
2nd place: Puzzle Hunter [01:23:12].
3rd place: aegii [02:06:37].
4th place: p^_^okemonvortex. [03:11:44].
5th place: Teutonic✠Squire! [03:11:53].
Consolation Prize: Menace02 [04:11:54]

Hunt:

1) As listed on the ItemDex for Serebii.net, this item is capable of evolving Veluza into Dondozo. [gimmighoul coin]
2) To evolve Nidorina in some mainline game(s), these are all of the non-key items you could use to do so assuming that you don't trade with anyone. (alpha) [leafstone moonstone]
3) From left to right, corresponding to each item, answer with the highest BST Pokemon that can evolve with it. https://imgur.com/a/9CYICEX [feebas scyther feebas scyther feebas]

Last edited:

TeutonicSquire

Squiring up
Hosted a fish on Sunday 28th May, 12pm EST (4pm UTC).

Thanks to aQrator and turtalkatthing for QCing the hunt!

1st place: WarriorGallade [04:21].
2nd place: Sabby60>!!> [32:15].
3rd place: Purple Gummi [48:43].
4th place: yeet dab xd [01:10:31].
5th place: siang [01:13:11].
Consolation Prize: Computerwizard8800 [02:54:23], blazeofvictory [03:10:29], Menace02 [03:16:19]

1) In Pokemon RSE, a Pokemon from an egg hatched in the Union Room will have this met location. Ferry
2) Disregarding ACE and Pomeg glitches, if the player encounters a wild Salamence for the first time after defeating exactly one Pokemon in Pokemon Ruby Sapphire, the Pokemon they defeated immediately before would be either of these Pokemon. List alphabetically. Latias Latios
3) In Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire, the player can ask an NPC to sing phrases input by the player. In the English versions, the NPC can sing the names of all Pokemon in the game except this one. Celebi

Last edited:
The month of minis is over and when the dust settled first place is fennec firefox with 164 points, second is Computerwizard8800 with 130 and third is Teutonic✠Squire! with 127.
RankNamePoints
1fennec firefox164
2Computerwizard8800130
3Teutonic✠Squire!127
4Puzzle Hunter108
5Sabby60>!!>84
5WarriorGallade84
7siang82
8aQrator71
9yeet dab xd62
10TheAura59
11deftinwolf54
11Menace0254
13bub i'd a jeffery45
14LJB1438
15p^_^okemonvortex.35
16Purple Gummi31
16ThinkGlacier1031
18penguind30
19notbuddha29
20Dark Koopatrol26
21Annaoceancat25
22boredgort24
23aegii23
24Asxier20
24blazeofvictory20
26bro._.torterra19
26smii19
26RokaDaBoss19
29tokensnack17
30sadkoolaid16
30Soft Flex16
32qwfwq15
33saltvik13
33fearfire2213
35toxic boosted11
36CreativelyRenamed10
36ghostchimpdamage10
38SoYouLikeMud?Kip!9
38aerial gundam9
40jojja8
41zapapico7
42Magic ☭ Communist6
42TurtalKatThing6
42sananaskanana6
45fuzzyfoam5
45ptelzcra5
45Zipzapadam5
45dot Comfey5
45ksch5
45Signore dei Lupi5
45a little Qperation5
52Dratios4
52Turt Lek4
52An >_> Dy4
52beastboy19714
52keeping it icy4
57SpaceCraft043
571hfkqhwhrelk3
57BieberDialga3
57Wan the Avatar3
61FORTNlTE2
61battler4442
61111ace1112
61andrew2
61imnewhelppls2
61The Benz Mafia2
61Illusio2
61HiZo2
61WrathofSiracusans2
61scoobydoobydrew2
61Litt♥Eleven2
61pisxel2
73tl the legend1
73Istil1
73Sieckmeyer1
73Gw1121
73alolanraichui1
73MasterVegetable1
73TanPat1
73mymemoryisbad1
73TheFieryMoth1
73togedemaru1331
73SergioRules1
73lukethedumbass1
73Yati4261
73AndrewThePenguin1
73heimlich maneuver1
73Squirtell1
73lilac flower1
73luminous spring1
73randbats peak1
73deiondre01
73notcollintan1
73Pepsimen1
73d'Artagnyan1
73moo1
73Benjgbro1
73PrincessPika1021
73ZachyPaige1
73HaHaLoLUwU1
73gregoris41
73foundthenlost1
73TheStarmanLord1
73peyz1
73Tapler ❀1

June's twist is Creator's Choice: Any pre-existing twist may be used during an official or mini official hunt! Watch out though, there's big things on the horizon.

mini roundup

1st place: yeet dab xd [01:08].
2nd place: Dark Koopatrol [03:20].
3rd place: Razachu [04:53].
Consolation Prize: aegii [09:08], ThinkGlacier10 [09:31], notbuddha [10:23], Yuuma Tokogaya II [16:50], fuzzyfoam [17:40], toxic boosted [23:05], TheAura [40:10], NewsDan ^-^ [44:16], Menace02 [51:01], moo [59:24], Sabby60>!!> [01:25:48], tokensnack [01:35:38], p^_^okemonvortex. [01:41:47], aQrator [02:00:04], MasterVegetable [09:46:40], Lambdaryllis [10:55:44], sIang翔 [11:08:18], ho'olheyak [11:09:49], Kaani [11:34:28]

QC: Computerwizard8800

1st place: BubidaJeffery! [01:40].
2nd place: Sabby60>!!> [01:41].
3rd place: tl the legend [03:20].
Consolation Prize: yeet dab xd [09:07], sIang翔 [09:14], Zipzapadam [10:44], Steve456664 [15:34]

1st place: yeet dab xd [02:23].
2nd place: BubidaJeffery! [12:31].
3rd place: Devoxys [19:48].
Consolation Prize: tHEaURA [22:28], AndrewThePenguin [43:47], toxic boosted [01:13:43], siang [03:25:28], p^_^okemonvortex. [03:47:13], boredgort [04:02:47]

QC: Teutonic✠Squire!

1st place: yeet dab xd [01:05].
2nd place: BubidaJeffery! [01:33].
3rd place: boredgort [02:01].
Consolation Prize: fuzzyfoam [02:29], toxic boosted [02:33], wo aipom [02:40], ThinkGlacier10 [07:05], Magic ☭ Communist [07:25], sIang翔 [35:38]

1st place: sIang翔 [07:54].
2nd place: Sabby60>!!> [08:18].
3rd place: Purple Gummi [33:32].
Consolation Prize: imnewhelppls [02:19:26], Lambdaryllis [03:01:59]

QC: Gallant's Pear

1st place: Sabby60>!!> [03:32].
2nd place: Purple Gummi [05:58].
3rd place: fuzzyfoam [18:58].
Consolation Prize: theaura [24:51], fennec firefox [52:55], sIang翔 [01:59:34], Teutonic✠Squire! [03:02:39], BubidaJeffery! [03:06:41], ptelzcra [03:09:32]

1st place: toxic boosted [21:09].
2nd place: Computerwizard8800 [22:37].
3rd place: BubidaJeffery! [23:31].
Consolation Prize: Menace02 [38:17], WarriorGallade [02:17:36]

QC: turtalkatthing

1st place: BubidaJeffery! [02:24].
2nd place: fennec firefox [06:11].
3rd place: Sabby60>!!> [09:21].
Consolation Prize: sananaskanana [45:20], yeet dab xd [58:46], WarriorGallade [01:40:23], ThinkGlacier10 [01:49:07], Computerwizard8800 [02:05:43]

QC:turtalkatthing

1st place: siang [13:51].
2nd place: Computerwizard8800 [25:24].
3rd place: yeet dab xd [46:23].
Consolation Prize: fennec firefox [47:04], WarriorGallade [02:27:57]

QC:deftinwolf

1st place: Computerwizard8800 [02:42].
2nd place: fennec firefox [03:34].
3rd place: aQrator [03:43].
Consolation Prize: saltvik [10:46], Dark Koopatrol [13:07], fuzzyfoam [13:12], Sabby60>!!> [15:16], TheAura [35:16], Turt Lek [58:15], siang [01:22:18], Purple Gummi [02:26:14], RokaDaBoss [02:30:54], Andrew [04:16:16], Teutonic✠Squire! [05:08:18], BubidaJeffery? [05:34:25]

QC: WarriorGallade

1st place: fennec firefox [24:08].
2nd place: Dark Koopatrol [31:38].
3rd place: ThinkGlacier10 [31:46].
Consolation Prize: TheAura [43:29], penguind [02:12:27], Puzzle Hunter [03:06:01], aQrator [03:16:38], Purple Gummi [07:05:25]

1st place: Computerwizard8800 [05:16].
2nd place: the a ura [08:35].
3rd place: notbuddha [25:31].
Consolation Prize: Menace02 [01:12:19], penguind [01:14:14]

QC:Teutonic✠Squire!

1st place: fennec firefox [06:39].
2nd place: Puzzle Hunter [07:09].
3rd place: RokaDaBoss [15:11].

QC: WarriorGallade

1st place: WarriorGallade [00:09].
2nd place: yeet dab xd [00:26].
3rd place: blazeofvictory [00:27].
Consolation Prize: BubidaJeffery! [00:47], Teutonic✠Squire! [01:12], sananaskanana [02:44], Menace02 [04:23], smii [05:17], TheAura [05:59], notbuddha [09:23], jojja [26:06], kvothe the red [33:29]

fuck this.
last month's roundup can be found here

Last edited:
Ever get that feeling of deja vu? First place is fennec firefox with 63 points, second is Computerwizard8800 with 60 and third is Teutonic✠Squire! with 59.
RankNamePoints
1fennec firefox63
2Computerwizard880060
3Teutonic✠Squire!59
4Menace0255
5BubidaJeffery!48
6siang43
7penguind42
8WarriorGallade38
9aegii29
10boredgort27
11tokensnack26
12Sabby60>!!>23
12notbuddha23
12Soft Flex23
12LJB1423
16TheAura22
16p^_^okemonvortex.22
18aerial gundam21
18blazeofvictory21
18fearfire2221
21deftinwolf18
22jojja17
22yeet dab xd17
22AndrewThePenguin17
22bro._.torterra17
26aQrator16
27dot Comfey13
281hfkqhwhrelk12
29fifi110511
29smii11
29RokaDaBoss11
32Annaoceancat9
33Puzzle Hunter8
33Dark Koopatrol8
35Magic ☭ Communist7
36Artoria Avalon5
37ZachyPaige4
37Sieckmeyer4
37Tapler ❀4
37zapapico4
37LaylaHearts_gacha4
37wiiiu4
37shlung4
44TpOi20063
44Asxier3
44Draziel Euphore3
44lilac flower3
4419degreecloudy3
44Mystiphox3
44wallape3
44wob3
44Purple Gummi3
53The Benz Mafia2
53kvothe the red2
53triangle^ears^meow2
53sananaskanana2
53ghostchimpdamage2
53ksch2
53Midnightsecrets2
53TurtalKatThing2
53lalajsh32
53TheFieryMoth2
53100 gecs fan2
53CCGeek2
53Dratios2
66SpaceCraft041
66RedKnight7571
66dylas1
66battler4441
66LeafBladeX1
66pgh_fan1
66Praytothebidoof1
66OHKOff⁇1
66Delibird Heart1
66vacay1
66wonderyener1
66obamanomicon1
66kitty_cakes521
66avalanche231
66111ace1111
66holocryptid1
66Ethereal Sword ♪1
66Elitemaster james1
66Benjamin2121$1
66MyanMario1
66Istil1
66RBY Test Alt1
66canele & wolf1
66qwfwq1
66gabite of 871
66luminous spring1
66imnewhelppls1
66saltvik1
66beastboy19711
66skarnory1
66deiondre01
66Qui-Gon the Flygon1
66Krossfade1
66CreativelyRenamed1
66queso1

Apparently there's going to be a Community Odyssey sounds cool idk.

Reserving a TCG official for Saturday July 1st, 2023, at 13:00 EDT!

Thanks for aQrator and pokemonvortex for QCing.

1st place: Teutonic✠Squire! [25:08].
2nd place: BubidaJeffery! [37:24].

1) TCG Official! During the 2nd World Championship of the Pokémon TCG under TPCi, you could not play some cards if another of the same card was in play, but in the 1st, you could. Of those cards (legal in the 2nd World Championship format), these ones feature Type symbols in their text. (alphabetical, do not include expansion and number). [High Pressure System Island Cave Low Pressure System Magnetic Storm Team Aqua Hideout]
2) Some Pokémon cards call for things such as family. These things have only been called for once out of all of those cards. (alphabetical) [Greatness Help Pals Support the Boss]
3) According to one of their employees, Wizards of the Coast realized they were likely to lose the Pokémon TCG license upon the printing of a particular card, likely featuring this Pokémon. [Celebi]

Congrats to all finishers! Thanks again to aQrator and pokemonvortex for QCing.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)