SPOILERS! Scarlet & Violet: The Teal Mask

I did as Centro suggested and caught a new wild Pokemon (Morpeko) and Poltchageist to start chilling and make a new party.

I did a few battles and it went well and then I fought a random Level 75 guy with

-Light Clay Grimmsnarl dual stab
-Gardevoir (crit didn't see the set)
-Quiver Dance Sticky Web Ribombee
-CM Clefable with Flamethrower

I lost because I didn't have my main game party but it felt like those were adequate elsewhere. Not even sure if a level scaling issue per se or just what is intended.

I feel like if the intention is to have trainers like that at random points of the world, other trainers in general should be more challenging.
Was it one of the people with the oni masks? Those guys do not screw around, goddamn.

I think we can talk about this in this thread, correct me if I'm wrong.

Manaphy and Darkrai are returning, so...

Does Manaphy keep Tail Glow? Or was it erased from gen 9?
Do you think that Darkrai could work in OU this gen?

I think we can talk about this in this thread, correct me if I'm wrong.

Manaphy and Darkrai are returning, so...

Does Manaphy keep Tail Glow? Or was it erased from gen 9?
Do you think that Darkrai could work in OU this gen?
Tail Glow's probably coming back for Volbeat, but SwSh took it away from Xurkitree, so Manaphy may or may not get to keep it.

It still has Hypnosis, and Tera to boot, so no
I mean, if it's banned it won't be because of sleep. Hypnosis is basically a 50/50, so idk how good it truy is:/

I was mostly talking about a purely special attacking set. 125 base speed is really fast, but it's not the fastest anymore. Rain is gonna pick up a lot of usage again, and sun has all the paradox mons.

Manaphy does have tail glow it's about to be its best gen
Really?? It had it in BDSP, but not in Arceus, did they add it again then?

I mean, if it's banned it won't be because of sleep. Hypnosis is basically a 50/50, so idk how good it truy is:/

I was mostly talking about a purely special attacking set. 125 base speed is really fast, but it's not the fastest anymore. Rain is gonna pick up a lot of usage again, and sun has all the paradox mons.

Really?? It had it in BDSP, but not in Arceus, did they add it again then?
Yes, Manaphy has Tail Glow in its learnset.

This offends me. Empoleon is an excellent pokemon already and this is a MASSIVE buff. It turns an interesting tank into just another overtuned stall wall. There are other starters like Meganium that deserve these kind of buffs a lot more.

Also, penguins don't roost. They have rookeries and lay eggs, but they aren't roosting. Because they don't fly, lol.
Literally the only one of that trio that has a good design and they made it shit wtf
we have no idea if it is shit or not based on stats. if it gets uturn its bulk + Toxic Chain may make it a solid defensive pivot, its typing isnt terrible

1694603271105.png
1694603316546.png

1694603293502.png

I really want to know where Kitami is relative to the Pokemon world, because they might have casually have added the first Japanese based region since Sinnoh instead of making Kitami right next to Paldea. I don't know what's more unlikely, you going half way around the world on a surprise school trip, or a bear swimming from Japan to Spain, though we already had a swimmer go from Hoenn to Kalos.

View attachment 551248View attachment 551250
View attachment 551249
I really want to know where Kitami is relative to the Pokemon world, because they might have casually have added the first Japanese based region since Sinnoh instead of making Kitami right next to Paldea. I don't know what's more unlikely, you going half way around the world on a surprise school trip, or a bear swimming from Japan to Spain, though we already had a swimmer go from Hoenn to Kalos.
tthis would imply that this Ursaluna is like 200 years old (PLA looks like early industrial revolution Galar came to Hokkaido, real life Sinnoh, and set up shop)

View attachment 551248View attachment 551250
View attachment 551249
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kitakami,_Iwate

Probably around the same area as the IRL Kitakami, so it's part of the Tohoku region of Japan, which is the northern part of the main island, so really close to were Sinnoh would me. While other media shows otherwise(Mostly the anime), there have been numerous instances of implying that, at least in the games, that the geography of the Pokemon World is pretty close to that of our own.

Last edited:
Believe it or not, at least in Battle Stadium Singles, Jolly Ursaluna is actually a thing, so outspeeding base Ursaluna does have some value! Plus max Speed Kingambit has been a thing before there too!

Now the Special bulk drop though... now that has me weary!
Probably to make you want to use CM Luna

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)