SPOILERS! Scarlet & Violet Leaks Thread - Data/Mechanics

This may not be part of the current conversation but…

https://twitter.com/i/web/status/1731423358451855673?s=20

Looks like we’ve got a chance to have leaks soon.
I personally don't mind raids; I think both forms have various problems but they're an interesting concept to me (intended to promote teamwork). The Starmobiles and Eternamax Eternatus are probably closer to traditional JRPG bosses than others in implementation, though Starmobiles are mostly just really fat opponents and Eternatus becomes its own cutscene thanks to the dogs.
I agree that Starmobiles are he closest to traditional JRPG bosses, I do mind raids, and also, Revavroom should get the Torque moves, change my mind.

Gotcha, so battles where the opponent has attributes that aren't obtainable by the player or has some sort of strategic advantage. Thanks for the reply.

I personally don't mind raids; I think both forms have various problems but they're an interesting concept to me (intended to promote teamwork). The Starmobiles and Eternamax Eternatus are probably closer to traditional JRPG bosses than others in implementation, though Starmobiles are mostly just really fat opponents and Eternatus becomes its own cutscene thanks to the dogs.

I guess the Titans count, though I didn't feel like they were much different than strong wild encounters (I'm not sure exactly what buffs they get compared to other wild Pokémon). And I believe that, with the exception of the Quaking Earth Titan, you could find regular variants of all Titan Pokémon before you fought the Titan, eliminating any real typing surprise (I guess the map's descriptors also give this information away!).

I'm a little surprised you didn't bring up Totems from Gen 7. While nothing aside from their immediate stat boost was out of the realm for the player to do as well, their battles felt more asymmetrical to me than your examples barring high-difficulty raids. A forced 2v1 with a strategy employed by the Totems, as well as occasional field effects.
You actually can’t, they don’t spawn until you’ve defeated the titan (they don’t spawn in the same area as the titan at least) (except for klawf)

Last edited:
I mean the Mobile version of Home downloaded 20 some megabytes of additional data after I updated it and booted it up. Are we sure whoever was trying to datamine it did that first?
14 MB for me, which in the grand scheme really isnt that much, and considering its been a full day of a publicly available update...yeah I do not think there was anything else in there.

Also it's the usual dataminer who handles these things

Here is a summary of everything leaked I could combine
  • Oddish Line
  • Tentacool Line
  • Doduo
  • Seel Line
  • Eggexcute Line
  • Tyrouge Line
  • Rhyhorn Line
  • Horsea Line
  • Elekid Line
  • Magby Line
  • Lapras
  • Porygon Line
  • Chinchou Line
  • Snubbul Line
  • Skarmory
  • Smeargle
  • Plusle
  • Minun
  • Trapinch Line
  • Beldum Line
  • Sinnoh Fossils
  • Blitzle Line
  • Drillbur Line
  • Cottenee Line
  • Scraggy Line
  • Mincinno Line
  • Solosis Line
  • Joltik Line
  • Golett Line
  • Espurr Line
  • Inkay Line
  • Pikipek Line
  • Dewpider Line
  • Comfey
  • Minior
  • Milcery Line
  • All starter lines
    New Pokémon
  • Archaludon
  • Raging Bolt
  • Gouging Pyre (?)
  • Iron Crown
  • Iron Boulder (?)
  • Terapagos
  • Peachikeen/Dokutaro (?)

Why does the prankster riddler insist on showing Pokemon with Paradoxes in order to possibly pull this off...is Dipplin2's fault partly Terapagos's and not just "Dokutaro"/"Peechikeen"'s?
The current knowledge of the peach's abilities are pretty tied to Poison, so a type change that doesn't include Poison could be taken as an indication of outside involvement.

https://x.com/riddler_khu/status/1731820894736003439?s=46&t=6mj12ZMcxrwabxxrx_0RIw

Not really sure what this means, but I’ve seen it raised that this might be referring to how he teased Dipplin evo’s type, potentially being bug/dragon.
The pokemon chosen in this are very intentional in my opinion. Hydreigon refers to dipplin's evo being a hydra, but I believe volcarona may be about what creature dipplin and it's evolution is based on. The Codling Moth is considered a major pest to agricultural crops, mainly apples and pears. This is because the larvae can't feed on leaves, so they have to bore into the fruit instead. These larvae are often referred to as "apple worms".

To go with our "sorted alphabetically" pokemon names and item names, so too are ability names

Alright, let’s talk about new abilities. As also inspired by abcboy101. There are only 4 new abilities (307~310) in the current codes. Similar to other info, the content is all scrapped, but the sort list of these 4 abilities is still sorted in Asian languages.

One thing that’s easily figured is that, 307 and 308 are two abilities that start very similar in both Japanese and Chinese. In Japanese, it’s てつのトゲ (Iron Barbs) - 307 - 308 - テラボルテージ (Teravolt). It is easily suggested that these 2 abilities start with テラ (Tera).
e: Oops turns out its an active thread. I'm so used to stumbling on these hours later i iddint even look at the time stamps. They go over more of it in the thread

Last edited:
If two of the Abilities are Tera-related, I’m guessing one is for Terapagos-T and the other is for its Terastallized State (like Embody Aspect). I could see Terapagos-N just having a regular old Ability like Shell Armor or something, kind of like Cosmog and Cosmoem with Unaware and Sturdy.

Obviously we know what the new Paradoxes will get, which leaves Archaludon, Hydra-Apple, and Dokutaro. We know Archaludon’s regular two Abilities, so I would bet that its HA is another old Ability — I think it’s more likely than not that if it had a new Ability as its HA, they would have promoted that.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Hydra-Apple drops Supersweet Syrup for a new Ability, especially if it becomes Bug/Dragon instead of Grass/Dragon.

I wonder about the other Tera forms, though. What would be the benefit of them if not getting an Embody Aspect-like boost like Ogerpon? Maybe one of the two Tera-related Abilities is distributed beyond just Terapagos?

If two of the Abilities are Tera-related, I’m guessing one is for Terapagos-T and the other is for its Terastallized State (like Embody Aspect). I could see Terapagos-N just having a regular old Ability like Shell Armor or something, kind of like Cosmog and Cosmoem with Unaware and Sturdy.

Obviously we know what the new Paradoxes will get, which leaves Archaludon, Hydra-Apple, and Dokutaro. We know Archaludon’s regular two Abilities, so I would bet that its HA is another old Ability — I think it’s more likely than not that if it had a new Ability as its HA, they would have promoted that.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Hydra-Apple drops Supersweet Syrup for a new Ability, especially if it becomes Bug/Dragon instead of Grass/Dragon.

I wonder about the other Tera forms, though. What would be the benefit of them if not getting an Embody Aspect-like boost like Ogerpon? Maybe one of the two Tera-related Abilities is distributed beyond just Terapagos?
If not a catch-all ability, it's possible the tera forms just grab different abilities in general.

We know from Khu that Terapagos-N has a form changing ability, since he said that it can’t be replaced by neutralising gas. The natural assumption to me is that both normal and terastal have the same ability, and that yeah there’s an additional embody aspect type thing.

If I remember correctly, Khu actually trashed before that only 2 of the new Pokémon got the new abilities. Opens the door for either terapagos somehow having 3 (not impossible) or likely Hydrapplin having 2, since we know Archaludon can’t have 2 new abilities.

We know from Khu that Terapagos-N has a form changing ability, since he said that it can’t be replaced by neutralising gas. The natural assumption to me is that both normal and terastal have the same ability, and that yeah there’s an additional embody aspect type thing.

If I remember correctly, Khu actually trashed before that only 2 of the new Pokémon got the new abilities. Opens the door for either terapagos somehow having 3 (not impossible) or likely Hydrapplin having 2, since we know Archaludon can’t have 2 new abilities.
There was a Centro tweet floating around that says that Terapagos-T has a defensive ability, with the same tweet saying that Terapagos-N's ability cannot be suppressed by Neutralizing Gas - is Khu also the source for that?

There was a tweet further back in this thread from Khu implying that "Dokutaro"/"Peechikeen" gets a new ability, possibly affecting only poisoned Pokemon - were we all interpreting that tweet wrong?

There was a Centro tweet floating around that says that Terapagos-T has a defensive ability, with the same tweet saying that Terapagos-N's ability cannot be suppressed by Neutralizing Gas - is Khu also the source for that?

There was a tweet further back in this thread from Khu implying that "Dokutaro"/"Peechikeen" gets a new ability, possibly affecting only poisoned Pokemon - were we all interpreting that tweet wrong?
I don't know if Khu specified normal terapagos' ability, but yeah it was from Khu

Sight unseen, if there's no datamine going on, I just imagine anything Centro tweets is from Khu.

The code cracking discord has concluded that terapagos transforms immediately upon entering battle, but I don't know/recall what lead them to that conclusion. If true, it could mean that terapagos-normal's ability is basically flavor and all it does it transform Terapagos when it enters battle. (But there could be several other possibilities of courrse -- maybe it's a Wishiwashi-like transformation that causes Terapagos to revert when low HP, or an item-based transformation like the primals, so there could be a way to use normal form in battle).

The code cracking discord has concluded that terapagos transforms immediately upon entering battle, but I don't know/recall what lead them to that conclusion. If true, it could mean that terapagos-normal's ability is basically flavor and all it does it transform Terapagos when it enters battle. (But there could be several other possibilities of courrse -- maybe it's a Wishiwashi-like transformation that causes Terapagos to revert when low HP, or an item-based transformation like the primals, so there could be a way to use normal form in battle).
One of my hypotheses is that Terapagos-Normal transforms immediately into Terapagos-Terastal the moment you Terastallize any of your Pokemon in battle. This includes while Terapagos hasn't been switched in yet.

(Another hypothesis of mine is that Terapagos-Normal transforms if it would otherwise be KOed. I'm predicting that Terapagos-Normal is 300 BST, has poor offences, and needs its ability to save it.)

https://x.com/riddler_khu/status/1731820894736003439?s=46&t=6mj12ZMcxrwabxxrx_0RIw

Not really sure what this means, but I’ve seen it raised that this might be referring to how he teased Dipplin evo’s type, potentially being bug/dragon.
…no offense, but you just realized this?
To go with our "sorted alphabetically" pokemon names and item names, so too are ability names

e: Oops turns out its an active thread. I'm so used to stumbling on these hours later i iddint even look at the time stamps. They go over more of it in the thread
Fascinating
God bless the code-cracking discord, and I can’t wait to get to leaks a day or two before dlc, like the 13th, and being able to see the new bullshit we are getting early!

We know from Khu that Terapagos-N has a form changing ability, since he said that it can’t be replaced by neutralising gas.
This is LIKELY true but not necessarily true. While almost every ability that can’t be suppressed by Neutralizing Gas is a form changing ability, Calyrex’s As One can’t be suppressed by it either, even though the abilities that make up both versions of it, (Unnerve, Chilling Neigh, and Grim Neigh), CAN be suppressed by neutralizing gas normally. So Terapagos could just pull a Calyrex and have Restricted Legendary Privilege (TM).

Unlike what some people are speculating in the official news thread, I don't think this will reveal any new Pokemon.

I'm actually thinking the 19th Tera Type is one of the most likely things the trailer could present - it's already been teased, it needs a lengthy verbal explanation, and it was one of the things I was partially expecting to hear details about before the Indigo Disk is released.

With that being said, official full reveals of Hard Press and Supercharged Cell also seem pretty likely - Serebii!Joe already released details about them in his preview write-up, but not enough details.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 13)