SPOILERS! Scarlet & Violet Leaks Thread - Data/Mechanics

I’m pretty sure Khu jumped the gun on calling it a datamine, it comes from the Chinese riddler lol. I think it’s real and he was probably just looking for an excuse to reveal it, and legitimately did not know its origins. Unless he actually somehow doesn’t know the real list of 25.
I was starting to wonder whether we have a Paul the octopus situation here, where we have tens of people offering complete guesses of the spread of 25 and Khu is highlighting the only one who got the whole spread correct.

I was starting to wonder whether we have a Paul the octopus situation here, where we have tens of people offering complete guesses of the spread of 25 and Khu is highlighting the only one who got the whole spread correct.
Considering the person who originated it, I doubt it’s a coincidence. It was probably a leak (or an “educated guess”, you know how these types of things are) that Khu might have just thought came from a datamine.

Well ideally we'll get a trailer before release that will better indicate what's up. They always like to advertise legendary Pokemon so it fits, even if there's less of them.
Probably reveal the last 2 paradoxes as well
Hopefully
I'm gonna be honest, I took shocks as a pun another way with its legs loosely being shock absorbers, like on a car.
Beautiful
We are stuck taking Anubis's word vs. Khu's, then. I want to see the "limited info they didn't stub" in this case because, in a way, isn't all datamined info derived from this? If they're all blank slots, then I have reason to doubt, but if someone left scars of "F.E.", "W.S.", "L.K." (the 3 Legendary Beasts), "HBa", "KBa" (Glastrier and Spectrier), and more, then we have reason to believe...
I see a division forming
You want Shadow Rider Calyrex and Astral Barrage back?:calyrex-shadow:

*Scotland. Learn geography, dumbass.:changry:

FFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUU-
Once again, capitalism won against us.:enamorus:

:dialga:Dialga's and :palkia:Palkia's main niche is, what, setting Trick Room? Don't get me wrong, that's good, yes, but compared to the two sandwich eaters, yeah that's a little disappointing.
Why doesn't Giratina get Trick Room tho?
...YOU MEAN THE POKEMON WHO LIVES IN A WORLD WHERE KNOWLEDGE IS DISTORTED AND STRANGE DOESNT GET TRICK ROOM? I mean, he does get Calm Mind, unlike the other two, but still

Remember that Supercharged Cell already broke the previous move name character limit, Paradox Entei's name being longer than 12 characters is a possibility (though not a very likely one)
1) The player doesn't actually see the move name character limit, they do see the Pokémon name character limit.
2) Technically it doesn't. While they've been unwilling to go past 16 for regular move names before several Z-Moves have names longer than 16 characters

1) The player doesn't actually see the move name character limit, they do see the Pokémon name character limit.
2) Technically it doesn't. While they've been unwilling to go past 16 for regular move names before several Z-Moves have names longer than 16 characters
Yes, let us not forget that Light That Burns The Sky is most certainly not 16 characters, its 18 without spaces

Khu put up a new post that might clear things up a little:

So, what we can gather is that there are specific items tied to each Legendary, and these items must be used in some way to trigger the Legendary Encounter. I think based on Khu's previous posts, the way to get these items is probably by using a vending machine. If each item is named after a Legendary it's probably not food like I speculated, unless it's something like "Giratina Chips".

Yes, let us not forget that Light That Burns The Sky is most certainly not 16 characters, its 18 without spaces
And 24 in total, which is what actually matters.
See also:
  • All-Out Pummeling, Continental Crush, Inferno Overdrive, Devastating Drake, Guardian of Alola, Genesis Supernova (17)
  • Black Hole Eclipse, Stoked Sparksurfer (18)
  • Sinister Arrow Raid, Malicious Moonsault, Pulverizing Pancake (19)
  • Supersonic Skystrike, Clangorous Soulblaze (20)
  • Searing Sunraze Smash, Let's Snuggle Forever (21)
  • Never-Ending Nightmare, Splintered Stormshards (22)
  • Soul-Stealing 7-Star Strike, 10,000,000 Volt Thunderbolt, Menacing Moonraze Maelstrom (27)

Red Raven

I COULD BE BANNED!
:dialga:Dialga's and :palkia:Palkia's main niche is, what, setting Trick Room? Don't get me wrong, that's good, yes, but compared to the two sandwich eaters, yeah that's a little disappointing.
Why doesn't Giratina get Trick Room tho?
That's the ironic part about Giratina because it lives in the distortion world yet somehow cannot learn the one move that is closely associated with distortions. I'd really like to know what Gamefreak are smoking because this is some real shit

Miraidon stocks would go up with Ho-oh and Lugia bringing in checks of various performance to those 4 plus Koraidon while being Electric Food.
That is true but in theory, the only thing Ho oh would really do is replace needing like two checks to the four mons I mentioned. Often times in Ubers, we have to use a combination of Landorus Therian / Toxapex / Gliscor + Arceus form to deal with those four threats. If anything, I think Ting Lu will be more important than ever because Miraidon will be the fierciest wallbreaker, not that it already isn't

As for Lugia, well, that thing has been just trash for a long time. It's just a stall machine

So, what we can gather is that there are specific items tied to each Legendary, and these items must be used in some way to trigger the Legendary Encounter. I think based on Khu's previous posts, the way to get these items is probably by using a vending machine. If each item is named after a Legendary it's probably not food like I speculated, unless it's something like "Giratina Chips".
One thing I do find odd is why are the weather trio catchable? Weren't they transferrable already from Home? Why not use their slots for Xerneas and Yveltal considering we can already get the weather trio? Hello? Gamefreak?

Late to the party but as someone who's spent the last few years learning different languages this was a beautiful gift. Also since Spanish names have always been the same as English ones getting to see Ferrodada (as in ferro + rodada) and Pelarena (pelo, hair + arena, sand) is kinda striking. Funny that in Italian and French Sandy Shocks' name also mentions hair, guess the English version didn't want to emphasize the same thing as in Flutter Mane.

I'm very curious what Entei's name will be, Gouging seems like the only option and in Spanish it's clearly Flama (Flamardiente has 12 characters but seems a bit repetitive, maybe another word that starts with A?), Italian is kinda hard because Val makes me think lava but not really, French is clearly Feu but German just stumps me.

For Terrakion, Iron Boulder is the clear winner although in Spanish it can't be Cascote, Piedra or Roca since they aren't between those options (obviously starting with Ferro). German is between Fa- and Ha- so it also doesn't leave many options, maybe Eisenfelsen? Which totally sounds like someone's last name. In Frenche we know it ends in "de Fer" but it can't be Roche since it'd be after Rocabot, it's possible it's just Roc.

Finally, the peach is clearly Peach in English and Spanish, Pêche in French. In Italian peach is pesca but that doesn't seem right, maybe it keeps the English name? And German has to be a pun because peach is Pfirsich, unfortunately I don't know enough to figure it out. It seems that the loyal three are puns between Italian and Japanese (Boninu is bon + inu, Benesaru is bene + saru and Beatori is beatus + tori) so it's likely some Italian word + momo.

Dunno if I got across how much fun I had thinking about this, lol.

Edit:

Wow I didn't know that, it's definitely a very cool pun then especially since it has a (somewhat) old use. Guess I have to give them more credit for their name wordplay.
I believe the Italian translations keep all English names just like the Spanish translations.

My guess, based on his previous posts about legendaries: you get randomized special items from a vending/gachapon machine that let you encounter a specific legendary, and the process is so time-consuming that it feels like a job. Would also explain an earlier comment talking about how there's "a lot to grind for".
Oh gosh, what if that is what the SMACHINE actually does? Maybe we do need to hand the Groudon tickets it produces to someone else (the PkHex-Lite in this prediction, possibly strongly associated with Terapagos if not powered by that mon outright) to get a custom Groudon...

It's not in odd company at least; the birds, the horses, and kubfu are also transferable
Because (I believe) Kyogre, Urshifu, and Groudon have been more relevant in restricted format VGC in Gen 7 and 8 (7 obviously lacked Urshifu, but you get my point) than Xern, Yvel, and Zyga were in Gens 7 and 8.
Oh gosh, what if that is what the SMACHINE actually does? Maybe we do need to hand the Groudon tickets it produces to someone else to get a custom Groudon...
Or maybe a food item that lures a legendary, like a Groudon/Giratina Grinder. Wait a minute, I need to make a Groudon Grinder recipe brb.

Red Raven

I COULD BE BANNED!
It's not in odd company at least; the birds, the horses, and kubfu are also transferable
Yeah but imo, it would make so much more sense if the Kalos Legendaries get their slots instead. That way, we can have all the legendaries. As for the birds, horses, and Kubfu, they should just replace them with the mythicals. I honestly don't understand the logic behind them being catchable when you can transfer them, assuming there even is logic in the first place

Yeah but imo, it would make so much more sense if the Kalos Legendaries get their slots instead. That way, we can have all the legendaries. As for the birds, horses, and Kubfu, they should just replace them with the mythicals. I honestly don't understand the logic behind them being catchable when you can transfer them, assuming there even is logic in the first place
the logic, generally, is to let you get them without having to transfer them. The logic misfire being it's only some of the legends and they clearly did not care for VGC's sublegends....but it's a fair reason.

Kubfu & the horses in particular have added stuff for collectors since it means you dont need to start a new file/trade for another Kubfu (or the other Urshifu) or Horse. And you can shiny hunt them

They made two new items you can get from the special auction in Porto Marinada, the Scroll of Darkness and the Scroll of Waters. They act like infinite use evolution stones for Kubfu

As for if they'll add another method, it isn't impossible, but the likeliness is up in the air
Yeah, probably not
Meanwhile I am just here waiting to see if Ho-Oh gets Revival Blessing. If any mon should get it, it should be the mon who canonically revived Pokemon from the dead.
on the one hand, it makes sense, on the other hand, no thank you
Yeah, but GF cares more about VGC
Even then, they still might make it in as transfer only Pokemon, or maybe as additional Summon Items or whatever they are
If I remeber correctly, Xerneas had a niche in VGC '15, but then Primal Groudon came in VGC '16, and in VGC '18-19 we got the Tapu Lele as a superior offensive fairy type.

One thing I do find odd is why are the weather trio catchable? Weren't they transferrable already from Home? Why not use their slots for Xerneas and Yveltal considering we can already get the weather trio? Hello? Gamefreak?
We can't get the weather trio. They are transfer only from gen 8.
Yeah, but GF cares more about VGC
Even then, they still might make it in as transfer only Pokemon, or maybe as additional Summon Items or whatever they are
If I remeber correctly, Xerneas had a niche in VGC '15, but then Primal Groudon came in VGC '16, and in VGC '18-19 we got the Tapu Lele as a superior offensive fairy type.
Yesn't. So far GF has always had a way to get all the legal Legendaries and Sub-Legendaries in either the "2nd entry" or "2nd DLC" of a given game.

In fact, bar some extremely minor cases, DLC1 of SV has been the only anomaly since the introduction of generational mark where you *need* to own a different generation game (in fact, more than one) to have access to the entire non-breedable competitive roster, and the reception was REALLY awful, youtube is full of "VGC is now P2W" videos.
Even assuming they were to want to break the trend, it's pretty obvious the playerbase (which keeps pretending they don't just gen all their mons and/or own all the previous relevant titles anyway, but I digress) did not like this direction and made it clear. I would expect or at very least hope that regardless of the original intent, all the legendaries present in the game files (so, all but the UBs if we have to believe the leaks) will be obtainable in a way or another in the DLC2. Not doing so and further adding more "p2w elements" would be going even more against their attempts to popularize the games as e-sport.

(Not that it would matter honestly, it's mainly just people yelling on reddit which have 0 impact on sales and in fact just cause more sales, so I sadly see this scenario like the 200€ league Chroma case, where the shitshow doesn't matter if it brought them enough money to justify repeating it)

We can't get the weather trio. They are transfer only from gen 8.

Yesn't. So far GF has always had a way to get all the legal Legendaries and Sub-Legendaries in either the "2nd entry" or "2nd DLC" of a given game.

In fact, bar some extremely minor cases, DLC1 of SV has been the only anomaly since the introduction of generational mark where you *need* to own a different generation game (in fact, more than one) to have access to the entire non-breedable competitive roster, and the reception was REALLY awful, youtube is full of "VGC is now P2W" videos.
Even assuming they were to want to break the trend, it's pretty obvious the playerbase (which keeps pretending they don't just gen all their mons and/or own all the previous relevant titles anyway, but I digress) did not like this direction and made it clear. I would expect or at very least hope that regardless of the original intent, all the legendaries present in the game files (so, all but the UBs if we have to believe the leaks) will be obtainable in a way or another in the DLC2. Not doing so and further adding more "p2w elements" would be going even more against their attempts to popularize the games as e-sport.

(Not that it would matter honestly, it's mainly just people yelling on reddit which have 0 impact on sales and in fact just cause more sales, so I sadly see this scenario like the 200€ league Chroma case, where the shitshow doesn't matter if it brought them enough money to justify repeating it)
That is fair, but what are "p2w elements"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 9)