SPOILERS! Scarlet & Violet Leaks Thread - Data/Mechanics

My "Cyclizar learns Rapid Spin" post got a lot of reactions, so I present a follow-up: Cyclizar learns Shift Gear.

Do we know if Scovillain only gets Chlorophyll? It's not bad, but I would have hoped for defensive immunities, Flash Fire and/or Water Absorb. The former is possibly unlikely since Armarouge and Ceruledge already gets it, but the latter would be nice for a "fire plant".
We've only seen Chlorophyll thus far, so I'd say it's inconclusive.

Do we know if Scovillain only gets Chlorophyll? It's not bad, but I would have hoped for defensive immunities, Flash Fire and/or Water Absorb. The former is possibly unlikely since Armarouge and Ceruledge already gets it, but the latter would be nice for a "fire plant".
Honestly, why would you want any other ability on a fire/grass Pokémon?

Chrolophyll is the best ability on such a thematically offensive type combination.

Anyways, that pseudo is 100% the worst pseudo design of them all. Looks fucking atrocious
With this pic:
1668073220433.png

I'd say it's a horrible angle, annoying centro in the middle and the body isn't shown completely. I'll reserve judgement until I see it whole.

And if it still sucks, hopefully it pulls off a rillaboom/cinderace. Cuz we all know how disappointing those were when they were leaked (and then how undisappointing they became when they got their hidden abilities)

With this pic:
View attachment 464049

I'd say it's a horrible angle, annoying centro in the middle and the body isn't shown completely. I'll reserve judgement until I see it whole.

And if it still sucks, hopefully it pulls off a rillaboom/cinderace. Cuz we all know how disappointing those were when they were leaked (and then how undisappointing they became when they got their hidden abilities)
I mean it could still be better than Kommo-o, the current worst pseudo

My "Cyclizar learns Rapid Spin" post got a lot of reactions, so I present a follow-up: Cyclizar learns Shift Gear.
I sincerely hope this doesn't mean that the box legends get Shift Gear. It would definitely fit thematically, but if Koraidon's ability gives it a 1.5x boost and it gets a Quiver Dance-tier setup move on top of that, it might actually be AG material.
I mean it could still be better than Kommo-o, the current worst pseudo
Isn't Kommo-o UUBL? It's certainly better than Goodra.

View attachment 464050
Lechonk with Aroma Veil gain a new ability (except not really) upon evolution - Lingering Aroma.

Contact with the Pokémon changes the attacker's Ability to Lingering Aroma.

Identical to Mummy.
Lechonk has gender differences, does the new ability vary based on gender?
Goodra'll pickup in gen 9 assuming regular Goomy gets to keep access to Shelter, though it'll still be worse than the Hisuian version.

I sincerely hope this doesn't mean that the box legends get Shift Gear. It would definitely fit thematically, but if Koraidon's ability gives it a 1.5x boost and it gets a Quiver Dance-tier setup move on top of that, it might actually be AG material.

Maybe I just remember Kommoo-o being the most overlooked of the pseudos. And with H-Goodra I definitely think it's below it

I was gonna say, this might be true for s/m original kommo-o when the literal only fighting move it had was brick break; but not only did game freak (over)compensate it with clangorous whatever, it had a pretty healthy niche as a salac belly drummer imo - especially with drain punch. It's currently the best belly drummer imo.

From a design perspective this new pseudo legendary is definitely the worst one aesthetically, with the first stage (and to some extend the second) being atrocious and the third stage more like a re-imagination and simplified version of Shin Godzilla except it doesn't look good either

The Cleopatra ostrich suffers heavily from being neutered by the crappy texture applied that turned it more into a plastic toy than a holy mix of the bird and the Egypt queen

Maybe I just remember Kommoo-o being the most overlooked of the pseudos. And with H-Goodra I definitely think it's below it
People overlooked Kommo-O since it was a 4x weak to fairy pokemon that released at same time with 4 fairy legendaries that also happened to be insanely good.

Then USUM happened and it got it's Z move, which turned in a "normal" move in SwSh, as well as Close Combat as actual stab.
Turns out having pseudo-lege BST as well as a omniboost work.

Having 4x weak to fairy is harsh but not a complete death sentence, as Hydreigon also proves.

View attachment 464051
Tarountula evolves into Spidops at levl 16, keeps Insomnia, and learns Silk Trap, a Protect (or King's Shield?) clone that drops speed by one stage

Not sure - if I run into a female Oinkologne I'll find out.

if an attacker makes contact.
So I keep seeing it on these move learning screens, so it's made me curious; What does the "Ask for advice" button do?
From a design perspective this new pseudo legendary is definitely the worst one aesthetically, with the first stage (and to some extend the second) being atrocious and the third stage more like a re-imagination and simplified version of Shin Godzilla except it doesn't look good either
It's a Spinosaurus with bits of Therizinosaurus mixed in. I don't know what everyone's complaining about, it's awesome.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)