SPOILERS! Scarlet & Violet Leaks Thread - Data/Mechanics

Rlly just hope there's something that the static images don't capture about the Ironmons because I'm rlly not vibing with P-Hydreigon and P-Tyranitar being the same design with a metal texture lol. I think when Legends: Arceus screenshots first came out they still didn't rlly capture the whole vibe of the new 'mons so holding out hope that the same is true here.

I really like most of the Violet mons. Look really cool, especially Paradox Gallade and Volcarona. Hydreigon is a bit disappointing though since it doesn't look different. Hopefully its battle animations show some cools details about it that aren't apparent in these pics.

Magneton looks pretty funny haha. Never expected it to use its Magnets as legs. Misdreavus looks really weird with its eye colors inverting.

ok, so Galladevoir is also a robot. well then.

Hydreigon is.... really, disappointing, its legit just a robot version of Hydreigon. Like, yeah all the others are robots too, but that one is especially egregious, like even Ironitar at least has cool electric energy spikes on its back that can turn off and on(looking at the party icon), the only thing different about Hydreigon from what we see is its dark colored underbelly.

Magneton goofy ahh lol

Also, it just occurred to me, who tf is the new guy in game freak's office that REALLY likes the Grass/Dark type combo? We got 3 of them mfs this one gen, Meowscarada, Ungaboonguss, and one of the Dark Legendary quartet. We could now make a full team of Grass/Dark type pokemon. Same with Fire/Ghost types.

Paradox Hariyama looks fantastic in a Patrick Star sort of way. I wonder what the fluorescent finger pads are for. They make the hand seem inflexible.
Nevertheless, I sense this lot is going to cause some headache for generations to come.
How dare they slap the Fighting type on everything vaguely oogabooga but use Steel only once among nine chrome domes?
I'm being facetious, but I don't know how I could rationalize these typings to anyone ever. Not even myself for that matter.

I was waiting to comment, as the sprites were too blurry & small to really appreciate, but I think this image helps me make my mind: I’ll get Scarlet.

Magneton is a great meme mon. Ungaboonguss looks bettter than what I thought it was going to look like. Definitely, like the menacing vibe it & all the other “past” Pokémon are giving.

I also dig Hariyama & F-Volcarona, but the rest of the “future” designs are a little meh. Hydreigon especially looks like they just swapped textures & reduced its poly count to make it look blockier and metallic.

One interesting detail is that half of the “past” are based on not-fully-evolved Pokémon (Larvesta, Jiggly, Magneton, Misdreavus). Seems thematically fitting that these Pokémon remain un-evolved, whereas the “future” versions are all based on fully-evolved Pokémon.

Paradox Hariyama looks fantastic in a Patrick Star sort of way. I wonder what the fluorescent finger pads are for. They make the hand seem inflexible.
Nevertheless, I sense this lot is going to cause some headache for generations to come.
How dare they slap the Fighting type on everything vaguely oogabooga but use Steel only once among nine chrome domes?
I'm being facetious, but I don't know how I could rationalize these typings to anyone ever. Not even myself for that matter.
They're only chrome plated, they're actually made of plastic.

Also something that occurred to me maybe, given we know there will be a 1 gig day 1 patch the reason the Paradox mons are called by their code names and why the third legend and the legendary paradoxes are missing is to prevent them from leaking?

They're only chrome plated, they're actually made of plastic.

Also something that occurred to me maybe, given we know there will be a 1 gig day 1 patch the reason the Paradox mons are called by their code names and why the third legend and the legendary paradoxes are missing is to prevent them from leaking?
You don't really make a patch to "prevent leaks".

Day 1 patches are usually due to being forced to ship copies with some bug or missing/leftover data and not having time to fix them before the shipping deadline

You don't really make a patch to "prevent leaks".

Day 1 patches are usually due to being forced to ship copies with some bug or missing/leftover data and not having time to fix them before the shipping deadline
Yeah, but if you're already being forced to make the patch anyway, changing some stuff in the game to try and at least keep some stuff from getting out makes some sense. Because after this has happened to every game they've made for over a decade they might try something out of the box eventually.

Yeah, but if you're already being forced to make the patch anyway, changing some stuff in the game to try and at least keep some stuff from getting out makes some sense. Because after this has happened to every game they've made for over a decade they might try something out of the box eventually.
That's a waste of time and money, terrible business practice. The "aliases" are pretty clearly their actual names.

It's not like we don't have form for weird naming conventions for cryptid-like mons to make them feel out of place. Remember when Type: Null was announced?

It's just a shame the future naming scheme is so unimaginative, as well as wildly misleading when almost none of them are Steel type. It seems especially a problem when half of these things are likely going to be *everywhere* in competitive play.

Aah I get it, the new Don and Paradox's abilities are:
Ability NameEffectsBonus
Orichalcum PulseDrought....but on steroids
ProtosynthesisChlorophyll....but on steroids
Hadron EngineElectric Surge....but on steroids
Quark DriveSurge Surfer....but on steroids
You know, the one thing that strikes me of this is that by the wording this seems they are not exclusive to each other.

So rather than "weather wars" or "terrain wars" the two can actually coexist on a field, leaving both to interesting teambuilding potential as well as having you look for other "counters" to certain strategies than "just use the other legendary 4head", expecially the potential to use the strategy against themselves (kinda like some teams in past used to run Sand Rush Exca without a sand setter just to mess with opposing sand teams)

This is simply not how game development works. They don’t get payed to make things which are completely pointless from the start of it.

God why are future designs so dumb.
I'd be curious of why you think they are "dumb" to be fair.

Judging by how they look, the themes are pretty clear:
Prehistoric paradox pokemon are designed to be primordial, monstrous versions of the pokemon
Future paradox pokemon are designed to look robotic and artificial, potentially with a forced integration of metallic parts in their body.

You could say it's kinda stereotypical, which well, fair, they succeed in same way of the Ultrabeasts succeed in their design: they look unnatural. Appropriate for "paradoxes".

Ofc I'll be looking forward to what the actual fuck is going on with them in first place, since the design only makes sense if their lore also does. Are they from a future where life doesn't exist as we know it and everything has become made of machine parts? Are them a time paradox caused by some sort of infection?

Most of them seem lazy and uninspired. I love robots, but it's boring that they are just "pokemon but mecha". Especially Tyranitar and Hydreigon, they barely change
Blame the ludicrous amount of fanbase demanding mecha-tyranitar to be a thing.

Now they have it :zonger:

(that said, I won't 100% disagree as yes, some of them are just "x but robotic", but in my eyes that works fine as long as the lore behind it makes sense)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 7)