SPOILERS! Scarlet & Violet Leaks Thread - Data/Mechanics

27, according to the datamine.
That doesn't sound right, it was 27 for the first half.

27 would mean we'd have 228 TMs total and that seems like weird number 29 to make it an even 230 or 30 to make it 231 to match the 171 and 201 of the base game and Teal Mask feel more likely.

Didn't the datamine say they were adding like 56 entirely new items? They're probably not all TMs but it's likely more than 27.

That doesn't sound right, it was 27 for the first half.

27 would mean we'd have 228 TMs total and that seems like weird number 29 to make it an even 230 or 30 to make it 231 to match the 171 and 201 of the base game and Teal Mask feel more likely.

Didn't the datamine say they were adding like 56 entirely new items? They're probably not all TMs but it's likely more than 27.

This was the list provided by Matt

It was also 76 new items, which did not include TMs (those seem to be a separate list) but would likely be majority new materials

This was the list provided by Matt

It was also 76 new items, which did not include TMs (those seem to be a separate list) but would likely be majority new materials
Ah, weird. Also it's 28 TMs not 27, the image shows a TM229.

Though they can't mostly be materials, there aren't that many new lines that would drop materials in the BB dex:
  1. Sandshrew
  2. Oddish
  3. Tentacool
  4. Doduo
  5. Seel
  6. Exeggcute
  7. Tyrogue
  8. Rhyhorn
  9. Horsea
  10. Elekid
  11. Magby
  12. Lapras
  13. Porygon
  14. Chinchou
  15. Snubbull
  16. Skarmory
  17. Smeargle
  18. Plusle
  19. Minun
  20. Trapinch
  21. Beldum
  22. Cranidos
  23. Shieldon
  24. Blitzle
  25. Drilbur
  26. Cottonee
  27. Scraggy
  28. Minccino
  29. Solosis
  30. Joltik
  31. Golett
  32. Espurr
  33. Inkay
  34. Pikipek
  35. Dewpider
  36. Comfey
  37. Minior
  38. Milcery
  39. Duraludon
39 lines. The other 37 items would be new. None of the starters already in the drop materials, so I'm assuming the 11 missing lines won't either.

Last edited:

Though they can't mostly be materials, there aren't that many new lines that would drop materials in the BB dex:
  1. Sandshrew
  2. Oddish
  3. Tentacool
  4. Doduo
  5. Seel
  6. Exeggcute
  7. Tyrogue
  8. Rhyhorn
  9. Horsea
  10. Elekid
  11. Magby
  12. Lapras
  13. Porygon
  14. Chinchou
  15. Snubbull
  16. Skarmory
  17. Smeargle
  18. Plusle
  19. Minun
  20. Trapinch
  21. Beldum
  22. Cranidos
  23. Shieldon
  24. Blitzle
  25. Drilbur
  26. Cottonee
  27. Scraggy
  28. Minccino
  29. Solosis
  30. Joltik
  31. Golett
  32. Espurr
  33. Inkay
  34. Pikipek
  35. Dewpider
  36. Comfey
  37. Minior
  38. Milcery
  39. Duraludon
39 lines. The other 37 items would be new. None of the starters already in the drop materials, so I'm assuming the 11 missing lines won't either.
Well I'd still say "about half" is still a lot even if it is not literally "mostly"...

But also the starter situation is completely different from how it is now to how it's going to be in a few months.
The Paldean starters dont have materials because you can't even catch them
The Mighty Mark starters don't have materials because they are limited run events that, even if they dropped them, would be nothing but vendor trash for 6-12 months. Which is kind of a dud prize to put in a 7* raid.
The Sinnoh starters don't have materials because you, again, can't even catch them.

meanwhile all the old starters will just...be available in the wild in Indigo Disk.
I'm not saying they all will have materials to drop, especially since we don't have full context to how "wild" they appear, simply that we shouldn't write it off.

& hey you know since we're here, we can actually fill in a few more slots: 7 of them will be Alcremie's sweets & we'll need Rhyperior's Protector
It's also likely we'll get a new tera shard for the 19th type, that we'll be able to switch to using the restaurant.
The list includes key items, so probably an Indigo Disk style card too

I'd wonder if more slots would go towards picnic stuff, since those count too, but probably not too much since the Chair sidequest has an endcap already. Maybe some Blueberry-themed cups?

FYI, my current theory on what "7+8+1" refers to is the new mons in the individual dexes. 7 for Kitakami, 8 for Blueberry Academy, and 1 more for Terapagos in the regular Paldea dex, resting at the bottom of Area Zero. That seems to make the most sense with what we know.

& hey you know since we're here, we can actually fill in a few more slots: 7 of them will be Alcremie's sweets & we'll need Rhyperior's Protector
No? Those are where they were before, the new items are new, they're at the end of the list.
Also there's a run of 21 empty slots after the currently datamined TM229 so there might be more TMs coming than are currently stubbed out.

Last edited:
No? Those are where they were before, the new items are new, they're at the end of the list.
Also there's a run of 21 empty slots after the currently datamined TM229 so there might be more TMs coming than are currently stubbed out.
Since you seem to be referencing the actual files could you share
I like seeing how these things line up & I'm also curious if any of the new things might have been backfilled; there were a lot of gaps in the base game list.

Since you seem to be referencing the actual files could you share
I like seeing how these things line up & I'm also curious if any of the new things might have been backfilled; there were a lot of gaps in the base game list.
A lot of the gaps in the base game list aren't gaps they're places where the items of the previous 5 gens that aren't in SV go. The item list has just been accreted onto since DP. Nothing ever actually gets fully removed, they just remove the code and the image pointers, though prior to SV the images were still usually present (SwSh even put its ugly white borders around some items you can't actually get).

As for backfill the new TMs (both Teal Mask and Indigo Disc) exist in the giant gap between the new numbers of TMs from the base game (TMs 100-171) and the base game picnic stuff (which oddly the Auspicious Armor and Leader's Crest are jammed in the middle of). Otherwise pre-existing items (Razor Fang, Prism Scale, Gracidea Flower, etc.) just occupy the same slots in the list that they always have.

Also weird fact SV's TM100 occupies an entirely different spot than SM's did and both occupy different slots form SwSh's TM00.

There's a Bulbapedia page that lists the item index numbers for every generation: Here's the one for Gen IX.

So now that some time has passed, do we have a solid list of likely returning Pokemon for DLC2?

DLC1 brought back a lot of moves as TMs which was nice. Scald was a good one to see return even if more limited.

A lot of the gaps in the base game list aren't gaps they're places where the items of the previous 5 gens that aren't in SV go. The item list has just been accreted onto since DP. Nothing ever actually gets fully removed, they just remove the code and the image pointers, though prior to SV the images were still usually present (SwSh even put its ugly white borders around some items you can't actually get).

As for backfill the new TMs (both Teal Mask and Indigo Disc) exist in the giant gap between the new numbers of TMs from the base game (TMs 100-171) and the base game picnic stuff (which oddly the Auspicious Armor and Leader's Crest are jammed in the middle of). Otherwise pre-existing items (Razor Fang, Prism Scale, Gracidea Flower, etc.) just occupy the same slots in the list that they always have.

Also weird fact SV's TM100 occupies an entirely different spot than SM's did and both occupy different slots form SwSh's TM00.

There's a Bulbapedia page that lists the item index numbers for every generation: Here's the one for Gen IX.
good ol' bulbapedia

So now that some time has passed, do we have a solid list of likely returning Pokemon for DLC2?

DLC1 brought back a lot of moves as TMs which was nice. Scald was a good one to see return even if more limited.
Beyond the new Mythics added with the update (Jirachi, the other gen 4s), we still don't have any indication of who will fill the remaining slots at this time. So it's the essentially the same list we've been looking at already

We pretty much know all of them except for the ones that won’t be in the Blueberry Dex. Quick version:

- Bulbasaur, Ivysaur, Venusaur
- Squirtle, Wartortle, Blastoise
- Oddish, Gloom, Vileplume, Bellossom
- Tentacool, Tentacruel
- Doduo, Dodrio
- Seel, Dewgong
- Exeggcute, Exeggutor
- Tyrogue, Hitmonlee, Hitmonchan, Hitmontop
- Rhyhorn, Rhydon, Rhyperior
- Horsea, Seadra, Kingdra
- Elekid, Electabuzz, Electivire
- Magby, Magmar, Magmortar
- Lapras
- Porygon, Porygon2, Porygon-Z
- Chikorita, Bayleef, Meganium
- Totodile, Croconaw, Feraligatr
- Chinchou, Lanturn
- Snubbull, Granbull
- Skarmory
- Smeargle
- Treecko, Grovyle, Sceptile
- Torchic, Combusken, Blaziken
- Mudkip, Marshtomp, Swampert
- Plusle
- Minun
- Trapinch, Vibrava, Flygon
- Beldum, Metang, Metagross
- Cranidos, Rampardos
- Shieldon, Bastiodon
- Snivy, Servine, Serperior
- Tepig, Pignite, Emboar
- Blitzle, Zebstrika
- Drilbur, Excadrill
- Cottonee, Whimsicott
- Scraggy, Scrafty
- Minccino, Cinccino
- Solosis, Duosion, Reuniclus
- Joltik, Galvantula
- Golett, Golurk
- Espurr, Meowstic
- Inkay, Malamar
- Litten, Torracat, Incineroar
- Popplio, Brionne, Primarina
- Pikipek, Trumbeak, Toucannon
- Dewpider, Araquanid
- Comfey
- Minior
- Milcery, Alcremie
- Duraludon

Based on the figure they gave us when the DLC was announced (“over 230”), this + the 102 that came back in the Teal Mask only accounts for 216 slots. If we assume 239 is the ceiling, that leaves room for 23 Pokémon that aren’t part of the Blueberry Dex. Right now, we don’t know what those could be.

Last edited:
We pretty much know all of them except for the ones that won’t be in the Blueberry Dex. Quick version:

- Bulbasaur, Ivysaur, Venusaur
- Squirtle, Wartortle, Blastoise
- Oddish, Gloom, Vileplume, Bellossom
- Tentacool, Tentacruel
- Doduo, Dodrio
- Seel, Dewgong
- Exeggcute, Exeggutor
- Tyrogue, Hitmonlee, Hitmonchan, Hitmontop
- Rhyhorn, Rhydon, Rhyperior
- Horsea, Seadra, Kingdra
- Elekid, Electabuzz, Electivire
- Magby, Magmar, Magmortar
- Lapras
- Porygon, Porygon2, Porygon-Z
- Chikorita, Bayleef, Meganium
- Totodile, Croconaw, Feraligatr
- Chinchou, Lanturn
- Snubbull, Granbull
- Skarmory
- Smeargle
- Treecko, Grovyle, Sceptile
- Torchic, Combusken, Blaziken
- Mudkip, Marshtomp, Swampert
- Plusle
- Minun
- Trapinch, Vibrava, Flygon
- Beldum, Metang, Metagross
- Cranidos, Rampardos
- Shieldon, Bastiodon
- Snivy, Servine, Serperior
- Tepig, Pignite, Emboar
- Blitzle, Zebstrika
- Drilbur, Excadrill
- Cottonee, Whimsicott
- Scraggy, Scrafty
- Minccino, Cinccino
- Solosis, Duosion, Reuniclus
- Joltik, Galvantula
- Golett, Golurk
- Espurr, Meowstic
- Inkay, Malamar
- Litten, Torracat, Incineroar
- Popplio, Brionne, Primarina
- Pikipek, Trumbeak, Toucannon
- Dewpider, Araquanid
- Comfey
- Minior
- Milcery, Alcremie
- Duraludon

Based on the figure they gave us when the DLC was announced (“over 230”), this + the 102 that came back in the Teal Mask only accounts for 216 slots. If we assume 239 is the ceiling, that leaves room for 23 Pokémon that aren’t part of the Blueberry Dex. Right now, we don’t know what those could be.
Thanks. 23 is a fairly decent number, and we still have the new types. Dipplin evolution and the ones announced already. I assume there will be another type or two or another alternative form.

I wonder, do you guys expect the original forms for Typhlosion, Decidueye, and Samurott getting further changes when they 'officially' drop in DLC 2? Only thing is that they were in the game already cause of HOME so that probably won't happen, but who knows.

I wonder, do you guys expect the original forms for Typhlosion, Decidueye, and Samurott getting further changes when they 'officially' drop in DLC 2? Only thing is that they were in the game already cause of HOME so that probably won't happen, but who knows.
I think the only changes they'll get is the expected one: remaining TMs. & maybe the terastal forms, if those are still things (someone who keeps up with Khu can tell me if those were still meant for more Pokemon other than him just hinting towards Ogrepon's other gimmick)
They didn't have any notable learnset issues and they were prominently made available for approximately a year between (& legal to use in online battles) so I don't know why they'd get "something else" anymore than their Hisuian counterparts or their compatriot starters.

I think the only changes they'll get is the expected one: remaining TMs. & maybe the terastal forms, if those are still things (someone who keeps up with Khu can tell me if those were still meant for more Pokemon other than him just hinting towards Ogrepon's other gimmick)
They didn't have any notable learnset issues and they were prominently made available for approximately a year between (& legal to use in online battles) so I don't know why they'd get "something else" anymore than their Hisuian counterparts or their compatriot starters.
Only really thought of this because of Grassy Glide's nerf, but Grassy Glide couldn't be obtained until DLC 1 anyway so its not too comparable.

From what I recall, last gen when Bulbasaur and Squirtle lines were obtainable they didn't get anything major beyond the Gigantamax forms when they became available without transfer in the Isle of Armor. I imagine a similar case here.

1. Sandshrew
  2. Oddish
  3. Tentacool
  4. Doduo
  5. Seel
  6. Exeggcute
  7. Tyrogue
  8. Rhyhorn
  9. Horsea
  10. Elekid
  11. Magby
  12. Lapras
  13. Porygon
  14. Chinchou
  15. Snubbull
  16. Skarmory
  17. Smeargle
  18. Plusle
  19. Minun
  20. Trapinch
  21. Beldum
  22. Cranidos
  23. Shieldon
  24. Blitzle
  25. Drilbur
  26. Cottonee
  27. Scraggy
  28. Minccino
  29. Solosis
  30. Joltik
  31. Golett
  32. Espurr
  33. Inkay
  34. Pikipek
  35. Dewpider
  36. Comfey
  37. Minior
  38. Milcery
  39. Duraludon
That is because they weren’t catchable in the wild before, now they will be, so they add 27 lines of materials, those being all starter Pokémon
I wish they'd at least give regular Samurott Sharpness like the hisuian one.
Empoleon was the exception, not the rule, and remember, Hidden Abilities were added in Gen 5, sharpness didn’t exist then
Well at least i just hope Weavile get Triple Axel back
I hope not, it has Icicle Crash and Spear, and Ice Spinner, it does not need another Ice STAB move

That is because they weren’t catchable in the wild before, now they will be, so they add 27 lines of materials, those being all starter Pokémon

Empoleon was the exception, not the rule, and remember, Hidden Abilities were added in Gen 5, sharpness didn’t exist then

I hope not, it has Icicle Crash and Spear, and Ice Spinner, it does not need another Ice STAB move
Several Pokemon, released on unreleased, did have Abilities change in between entries, so it's not really out of the question for Samurott: Just this Gen we had Gallade and Shiftry change regular ability slots, Scolipede infamously went from Quick Feet to Speed Boost, and then there are a number of unreleased ones (possibly placeholders) like Hisuian Samurott having Shell Armor before changing to Sharpness. It's less about a rule and more what GF wants to do with the Pokemon, which I assume the idea to be Unovan Samurott is more "armored" while Hisuian is more the Blade focus.

As for Weavile, yes, it has Ice STABs already, but Triple Axel is significantly better for it than its existing options so it still would benefit notably from getting those back

Several Pokemon, released on unreleased, did have Abilities change in between entries, so it's not really out of the question for Samurott: Just this Gen we had Gallade and Shiftry change regular ability slots, Scolipede infamously went from Quick Feet to Speed Boost, and then there are a number of unreleased ones (possibly placeholders) like Hisuian Samurott having Shell Armor before changing to Sharpness. It's less about a rule and more what GF wants to do with the Pokemon, which I assume the idea to be Unovan Samurott is more "armored" while Hisuian is more the Blade focus.

As for Weavile, yes, it has Ice STABs already, but Triple Axel is significantly better for it than its existing options so it still would benefit notably from getting those back
Gallade only had 2 abilities before, not 3, and yes I forgot Shiftry, but changing abilities is a very rare thing for TPC/GF to do

All the Pokémon who's Ability got changed to another one over generations

Gengar: Levitate → Cursed Body (Gen 7)
Zapdos: Lightning Rod → Static (Gen 6)
Raikou: Volt Absorb → Inner Focus (Gen 7)
Entei: Flash Fire → Inner Focus (Gen 7)
Suicune: Water Absorb → Inner Focus (Gen 7)
Shiftry: Early Bird → Wind Rider (Gen 9)
Piplup line: Defiant → Competitive (Gen 9)
Venipede line: Quick Feet → Speed Boost (Gen 6)
Litwick line: Shadow Tag → Infiltrator (Gen 6)

All the Pokémon who's Ability got changed to another one over generations

Gengar: Levitate → Cursed Body (Gen 7)
Zapdos: Lightning Rod → Static (Gen 6)
Raikou: Volt Absorb → Inner Focus (Gen 7)
Entei: Flash Fire → Inner Focus (Gen 7)
Suicune: Water Absorb → Inner Focus (Gen 7)
Shiftry: Early Bird → Wind Rider (Gen 9)
Piplup line: Defiant → Competitive (Gen 9)
Venipede line: Quick Feet → Speed Boost (Gen 6)
Litwick line: Shadow Tag → Infiltrator (Gen 6)
Of note is that only Shiftry, Gengar, and the Piplup line were ever legitimately available with the ability that was changed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 17)