ScarfLuke Lead !?!? WTF???

Hi! This is my first( maybe) Platinum RMT. I actually thought of putting together pokes that do well with each other this time, so RMT!

TEAM AT A GLANCE:
(dunno where e is)​

Lead:

Lucario @ Choice Scarf
Adamant/Jolly
Inner Focus
EV's: 252Atk / 252Spe / 6HP
~Close Combat
~Blaze Kick
~Ice Punch
~Thunder Punch​

Now trust me, I know what i am doing here. I made this to try and counter the top leads: TrickScarfers and Zong or Yanmega or Zapdos. Close Combat is for STAB and for anything that is weak to it( Bliss / TTar). Blaze Kick is for Zong and Trickgross I guess :/, might be useful sometimes. Ice Punch for Zapdos and Yanmega, possibly for Skymin later on. T-Punch is for gyara, besides shadow claw doesnt OHKO azelf :/

Bronzong @ Light Clay
Sassy
Levitate
EV's: 252HP / 128Def / 128SpD
~Gyro Ball
~Explosion
~Light Screen
~Reflect​

Dual screen zong. Gyro Ball for much faster stuff, Explosion for after my screens are up and maybe to soften up someone. Paves the way for either Infernape or Rhyperior​

Milotic @ Lefties
Modest
Marvel Scale
EV's: 252HP / 220Def / 36SpA​
~Rest
~Sleep Talk
~Surf
~Ice Beam
Status absorber extraordinaire. ReSTalk allows dfense to go skyhigh while healing, surf ice beam for atacking moves. Standard set, although it doesnt see much use nowadays...

Rhyperior @ Lefties
Adamant
Solid Rock
EV's: 252Atk / 252HP / 6Def
~Curse
~Earthquake
~Stone Edge
~Ice Punch​

Curseperior. Not sure if I got the EV;s right though. So basically, thi sguy comes in after screens and CUrses up. Solid Rock and screens almost ensure safe getin. QuakeEdge for great STAB combo, Ice Punch for coverage. Zapdos's HP Ice did 14% after Light Screen. Its swept a whole team once...​

Deoxys-e @ Life Orb
Naive
Pressure
EV's: 252SpA / 160Atk / 96Spe
~Superpower
~Shadow Ball
~Thunderbolt
~Ice Beam

This makes a great special sweeper and revenge killer. Shadow Ball since psychic doesnt get much use, although it may be useful in some situations.​
Not much to say.........

Salamence@ Choice Specs
Modest
Intimidate
EV's: 252SpA/ 252Spe / 6HP
~Draco Meteor
~Dragon Pulse
~Flamethrower
~Hydro Pump​

No one use Specsmence anymore thanks to DD Outrage. Anyways, Specsmence is a beast and has been getting many surprise kills, as every one expects DD Outrage. Not much to say really​

So, there is my team. I have probs with Gyarados sometimes but otherwise its been working OK. Ill put up the threat list soon.​

so, RMT!!​

Infernape with close combat can take down 4/6 of this team. Replace Registeel/Rhyperior with something that can take it, such as gyarados

I was running a bulky gyara with more attack evs over infernape, but then i had just one special sweeper, which aint right. Any one has idea for ground resist special sweeper, preferavly CMer??

Lucario @ Focus Sash
Adamant/Jolly
Inner Focus
EV's: 252Atk / 252Spe / 6HP
~Close Combat
~Blaze Kick
~Ice Punch
~Bullet Punch/Extreme Speed

For Lucario, a first-turn strike move would help tremendously, allowing him to finish off Azelf, Aerodactyl, and others. Bullet Punch gets STAB, and also allows you to hit Ghosts. Extreme Speed has more power, but loses the chance to hit ghosts.

The reason why I switched a Focus Sash for a Choice Scarf, is because it allows use his movepool, rather than having to switch in, then out, then in, then out. If the other team predicts you, and gets you to use Shadow Claw on a Normal-Type, they get a free turn. Same scenario with Close Combat on a Ghost-Type.

It also allows you to take out Skymin more easily. Skymin has no chance to KO you, as you can just hit it with Bullet Punch/Extreme Speed, or Ice Punch if the sash is activated.

Also, you have a giant Infernape weak, which has already been mentioned. You could get a wall such as Rotom or Mismagius to stop it. I prefer Rotom as it can use Discharge and WoW on a sleep talking set, allowing you to status any opponent coming against you.
Here's a set that I would reccomend.

Rotom@Lefties
252 HP/76 Def/180 SpD
Calm

Rest
Sleep Talk
Will-O-Wisp
Discharge

This set allows you to paralyze all sweeper, and Will-o-wisp the rest. Discharge gets stab, and hits Gyarados for 4x Damage. The Calm nature allows you to tank Special Hits, and Will-O-Wisp cripples all physical sweepers.
This set is also a good Infernape counter, and it allows you to either Paralyze it, or Burn it. Also, it counters Heracross, which is somewhat of a threat to your team. This could go in place of Registeel, as you'd still be able to paralyze, but with an Immunity to Normal, Ground, and most importantly, Fighting.

bugmaniacbob

Was fun while it lasted
is an Artist Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Yanmega? Gengar? Azelf? Magnezone (with Magnet Rise)? Togekiss? Zapdos? Charizard? Crobat? Exeggutor? Ludicolo? Mesprit? Moltres? Shaymin?

Yanmega? Gengar? Azelf? Magnezone (with Magnet Rise)? Togekiss? Zapdos? Charizard? Crobat? Exeggutor? Ludicolo? Mesprit? Moltres? Shaymin?

I'm not sure what he's trying to say, but I think he means those are some weaknesses you have?

Yanmega is taken care of by Lucario, unless the 60% accuracy Hypnosis hits, which isn't too high of a chance.

Gengar is not a threat, taken care of bye Bronzong and others.

Azelf is taken care of by Lucario and Registeel (as it wouldn't get OHKO'd by a Flamethrower).

Magnezone is taken care of by Infernape and Lucario.

I could go on a list the others, but it would basically keep showing up as certain member(s) effectively stopping those pokemon

Since your Rhyperior doesn't have an extremely bulky Ev spread, why not just use Swords Dance over Curse? You'll get double the Attack boost and you won't lose Speed. Curse would only be useful if you had a very bulky spread.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)