Monotype Scarf Baxcalibur

Having trouble building a good dragon team so I had no choice but to come to smogon. This is a mono dragon team built around offense and the sheer power dragon can bring to the monotype mega. Without further delay let’s get into it. ( images don’t work, so forgive me).

Baxcalibur @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Thermal Exchange
Tera Type: Dragon
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Glaive Rush
- Brick Break
- Freeze-Dry

Baxcaliber is here for the much needed offensive ice typing and because he’s the only way to get past Chien Pao. Freeze dry helps handle water while Glaive Rush and Icicle Crash are the STAB options for breaking through things. Brick Break is here to hit steel types and break screens.

Cyclizar @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 232 HP / 24 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Knock Off
- Rapid Spin
- Draco Meteor
- Shed Tail

Cyclizar was chosen simply cause it provides too much useful utility. Shed Tail helps out the sweepers while rapid spin clears hazards. Draco for damage, while knock off slaps ghosts. Pretty simple.

Dragapult @ Choice Specs
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Draco Meteor
- Flamethrower
- Thunderbolt
- Shadow Ball

Pull was chosen because we needed a special attacker. Draco and S-Ball for Stab damage, while Flamethower handles annoying Steel types. Thunderbolt is there to help against Flying and Water type matchups.

Roaring Moon @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Protosynthesis
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Crunch

We needed a scarfer I chose RM thanks to its great Atk, speed, and access to u-turn. Crunch and Outrage are the STAB options. EQ is for Steel and Electric. It performs decently, to say the least.

Garchomp @ Roseli Berry
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Fire Fang
- Swords Dance

Garchomp is here for rocks and our electric immunity SR are obvious, while EQ is the primary STAB option. SD is here for sweeping potential, and Fire Fang is here for Corviknight.
Roselike Berry is given do the team can tank one Fairy move if it needs to and to help against the very broken Flutter Mane.

Dragonite @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Multiscale
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Extreme Speed

Laslty, I have Dragonite as a late game sweeper.
Boots to keep Multiscale in tact. D-Dance for sweeping, D-Claw for STAB damage, E- Speed for priority, and EQ for Steels. Also gives the team a fighting resistance.

Threats:

Ice: Ice is stronger than ever with the new Snow weather, giving them a defense boost. This mdd add led sweeping much harder on top of there being no switch in for them outside of Bax.

Fairy: Fairy still has type advantage and Flutter Mane is unfortunately still in the tier. That alone gives the team problems.

Dark: Dark can be a pain thanks to Grimmsnarl and screens but Brick Break helps.

Team:
https://pokepast.es/b461ca038348ec6a

That’s the team! Feel free to give me feedback!

Hello, I will try to help you with your Dragon team.

Some sets altho I would make many minor changes, the mons are also good but you miss Dragalge which is really helpful for Fairy and overall can provide TSpikes support and help with strong special attackers such as Flutter Mane. There aren't many Mons we can remove and altho I think it is broken I would remove Cyclizar.

Major changes:
:dragalge: > :cyclizar: As I said, dragalge is helpful for some Fairy coverage and can provide Tspikes support, there isn't much more to say about it.
Code:
Dragalge @ Black Sludge 
Ability: Adaptability 
Tera Type: Poison 
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD 
Calm Nature 
IVs: 0 Atk 
- Sludge Bomb 
- Toxic Spikes 
- Shadow Ball 
- Protect
Minor changes:
:Dragonite: I would use Roost over Extreme Speed as it can be helpful in a lot of situations. Espeed is good but i usually like it on band sets (or in ou with Normal tera) where we can keep Eq + Dclaw.

:baxcalibur: We already have a Scarf user in the team so there is completely no need to use him as a Scarfer as well, we can just go for a standard DD set. I think you can try Earthquake or Brick Break as one can be helpful for annoying walls such as Toxapex while Brick Break is good for dark in general (fe Chien-Pao) and screens. I stole Ice Shard from a friend cause it actually can help a lot to cleanup thanks to the hazard stack and to Sucker Punch / pivotting.

Code:
Baxcalibur @ Heavy-Duty Boots 
Ability: Thermal Exchange 
Adamant Nature 
- Dragon Dance 
- Icicle Spear 
- Brick Break / Earthquake
- Ice Shard

:garchomp: We surely want him as a setter as we don't really have any and we renounced at our removal. Standard set to chip down physical (and special) mons and to hazard stack while having dtail for levitating mons.

Code:
Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet 
Ability: Rough Skin 
EVs: 248 HP / 52 Def / 208 Spe 
Jolly Nature 
- Stealth Rock 
- Spikes 
- Earthquake 
- Dragon Tail
:dragapult: I think we prefer physical Pult here as you usually want in many mono teams, Sucker Punch can be a cool move while the rest is also pretty standard, Stabs + u-turn + priority.

Code:
Dragapult @ Choice Band 
Ability: Infiltrator 
Jolly Nature 
- Dragon Darts 
- Phantom Force 
- Sucker Punch 
- U-turn
:hydreigon: > :roaring-moon: The main idea is to have Iron Head over Earthquake. This is a major change but ill talk about it as we made Dpult physical and a Special Attacker can be more helpful. It is slower so Roaring Moon is still great but you can probably try both and see what works best. Hydreigon gets Flamethrower as well while can still pivot and has dark stab for spammed ghost teams.

The team with my suggestion looks like this:
https://pokepast.es/659dddb2f9c71021
You can try Sludge Bomb>Gunk Shot if u don't want to miss and Roaring Moon over Hydreigon. Getting rid of Cyclizar isn't easy but I think that's one of the most optimal way to play right now altho Cyclizar + Setup sweeper spam surely looks good and I was also trying Haxorus but this team should be very solid and do well.

Let me know if you have any questions

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)