SV Ubers scale shot koraidon team

ok so this is my first time posting a team here so apologies if i didn't format it right or whatever

koraidon got access to scale shot in the teal mask dlc and as im typing this rn it's destroying the ubers metagame (i couldn't be prouder of my sandwich eating ancient bike boi), so i cooked up this team and it felt really strong on ladder, tho i would appreciate it if someone here could rate it

(btw i can’t really explain the metagame that well since i don’t play that much, real sorry about that)

here's the team:

Glimmora (F) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Toxic Debris
Tera Type: Ghost
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Mortal Spin
- Power Gem
- Sludge Wave

this poisonous flower thing is obviously the team's suicide lead, with a combination of sash, her ability, and stealth rock, she can setup 2 toxic spikes and rocks in two turns
tera ghost is for those rapid spinners, tho i don’t terastallize her often
i don’t always lead with glimmora tho, if i predict that their lead doesn’t have contact moves (toxic spikes doesn’t proc with non contact moves), i send grimmsnarl to set up screens

Grimmsnarl @ Light Clay
Ability: Prankster
Tera Type: Steel
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Taunt
- Play Rough

speak of the devil! this grimmsnarl offers screen support for the team and prevents walls and setup sweepers from doing weird things with a +1 priority taunt
play rough is for damaging dark types who are immune to this taunt, like ting-lu
tera steel is a good defensive type ig

Koraidon @ Loaded Dice
Ability: Orichalcum Pulse
Tera Type: Fire
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Scale Shot
- Flare Blitz
- Collision Course

the star of the team, the winged king himself
thanks to grimmy’s screens and the hazards, koraidon can sweep with virtually no checks, scale shot boosts ur speed and 2hkos skeledirge, fairy types aren’t a problem since most of them just die to a sun boosted flare blitz, and collision course for reliable fighting damage (now ik low kick is probably a better move since there are a lot of fat mons in ubers, but cc feels more reliable to me imo, also it’s koraidon signature move lol)
tera fire is great, it makes koraidon resists fairy moves, boosts flare blitz even more, and it becomes immune to burns

Flutter Mane @ Choice Specs
Ability: Protosynthesis
Tera Type: Fairy
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Moonblast
- Shadow Ball
- Psyshock
- Mystical Fire

flutter mane and koraidon go hand in hand perfectly, the sun koraidon summons activates fm’s protosynthesis, boosting it’s speed
moonblast and shadow ball are it’s stab moves, i run psyshock to break through special walls, and mystical fire since the sun exists
can't go wrong with tera fairy

Gholdengo @ Leftovers
Ability: Good as Gold
Tera Type: Flying
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Hex
- Make It Rain
- Recover

this defensive gholdengo is quite literally the backbone of this team, where do i even start
first off it has a great defensive typing in steel/ghost, second it can stop defoggers from trying to remove the hazards and screens thanks to good as gold, third it has some synergy with glimmora, it can do big damage with hex without thunder wave if the toxic spikes poisons the target
it can kinda handle extreme killer arceus too, and can run tera flying to be immune to its earthquake and take neutral damage from shadow claw

Rillaboom (M) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Grassy Surge
Tera Type: Grass
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- Grassy Glide
- Drum Beating
- Knock Off
- Drain Punch

rounding up the team with rillaboom, i noticed that i couldn’t really damage ground types that well
this monke got grassy glide back as a tm but it only does 55 bp now, so im also running drum beating on him for reliable grass damage and speed control (i could run wood hammer but uhhh, nah)
tera grass cuz haha damage go brrrrrr
idk if i should invest evs in hp or speed tho, i want him to be kinda bulky with vest, the healing from grassy terrain, and drain punch healing
then again outspeeding stuff is always nice
also im still debating on what item i should run, the vest is nice but ehhhhh

and thats my ubers team! i would greatly appreciate any praise or constructive criticism about it
here’s the pokepaste link if anyone wants to try it out: https://pokepast.es/968163d2fc6b0a49

Last edited:

Red Raven

I COULD BE BANNED!
Rillaboom and Gholdengo are really bad in ubers. I'll try to give some suggestions

First off, :grimmsnarl:, use parting shot over play rough. With both screens up, your mons won't take that much damage when combined with it. This also allows you to use a switch move which will come in handy

Next is :koraidon:, imo, tera ghost is an absolute necessity on Koraidon for the simple fact that you just die to extreme killer. Tera ghost removes extreme killer from the equation. Speaking of, always use scale shot on extreme killer Arceus because it tends to use tera ghost itself. Also, collision course is really bad. If you wanna get fancy, you can go close combat but low kick is good enough. The things you hit with low kick are hit just as hard as close combat anyway

For :flutter mane:, I find that substitute over psyshock is a really strong move because it allows you to attack twice. Yes, Clodsire will wall you but Clodsire isn't the most difficult thing to deal with and you can tera fairy to really push against Eternatus. I would also suggest using life orb over choice specs because you do not have a switch in to Zacian at all so don't give it the chance to come in on a moonblast

For :glimmora:, I would suggest replacing power gem with spikes. Power gem hits a grand total of nothing in ubers and sludge wave hits many mons neutrally. The list of viable steel stypes is near non existent and so are the mons weak to rocks. As such, spikes will provide with a lot more value

Now, for the big changes

After that, replace :rillaboom: with :choice scarf: :miraidon:. Imo, you need some sort of speed control on your team otherwise you just lose to stuff like Kyogre or Zacian. Since scale shot Koraidon obviously can't be the scarfer, Miraidon can take its place and it can surprise stuff like lead Zacian. You don't need to deal super effective hits on ground types because uber mons are ridiculously strong. You could make an argument that its a screens team and you don't need a scarfer but I prefer to be safe especially since scale shot Koraidon can often fall flat. If scarf doesn't work, you can replace this with boots Miraidon but with taunt to mess with Giratina and Arceus forms

Lastly, is to get rid of Gholdengo. The only hazard that one would be desperate enough to ever use Gholdengo is sticky web, because you cannot afford to lose it. Most stick web teams auto lose to scarf Koraidon hence it can make sense but even then, running three taunt users on a sticky web team will be more reliable than using Gholdrengo

Since you have both motorcycles, one thing they can really struggle against is Arceus fairy. As such, my strongest recommendation is :zacian: because it completely destroys Arceus. It also benefits from scale shot Koraidon instantly destroying Toxapex and putting immense pressure on Skeledirge. Moreover, depending if you use substitute or not, Zacian can win the game on the spot against Landorus or Groudon with tera flying. I wouldn't recommend tera ground on it though because Koraidon already puts immense pressure on Skeledirge and Toxapex so ground tera blast won't be necessary and moreover, if Skeledirge is tera fairy to deal with scale shot Koraidon, which is rare in my experience, Zacian destroys it

Here is the revised team

Grimmsnarl @ Light Clay
Careful Nature
- Taunt
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Partian Shot

Timid Nature
- Spikes
- Mortal Spin
- Stealth Rock
- Sludge Wave

Flutter Mane @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Moonblast
- Shadow Ball
- Mystical Fire

Zacian-Crowned @ Rusted Sword
Ability: Intrepid Sword
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Behemoth Blade
- Substitute / Play Rough
- Play Rough / Close Combat

Miraidon @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Hadron Engine
Tera Type: Electric
Timid Nature
- U-turn
- Overheat
- Electro Drift
- Draco Meteor

Koraidon @ Loaded Dice
Jolly Nature
- Low Kick
- Scale Shot
- Flare Blitz
- Swords Dance

Taka

coastin' like crazy
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
PUPL Champion
Rillaboom and Gholdengo are really bad in ubers. I'll try to give some suggestions

First off, :grimmsnarl:, use parting shot over play rough. With both screens up, your mons won't take that much damage when combined with it. This also allows you to use a switch move which will come in handy

Next is :koraidon:, imo, tera ghost is an absolute necessity on Koraidon for the simple fact that you just die to extreme killer. Tera ghost removes extreme killer from the equation. Speaking of, always use scale shot on extreme killer Arceus because it tends to use tera ghost itself. Also, collision course is really bad. If you wanna get fancy, you can go close combat but low kick is good enough. The things you hit with low kick are hit just as hard as close combat anyway

For :flutter mane:, I find that substitute over psyshock is a really strong move because it allows you to attack twice. Yes, Clodsire will wall you but Clodsire isn't the most difficult thing to deal with and you can tera fairy to really push against Eternatus. I would also suggest using life orb over choice specs because you do not have a switch in to Zacian at all so don't give it the chance to come in on a moonblast

For :glimmora:, I would suggest replacing power gem with spikes. Power gem hits a grand total of nothing in ubers and sludge wave hits many mons neutrally. The list of viable steel stypes is near non existent and so are the mons weak to rocks. As such, spikes will provide with a lot more value

Now, for the big changes

After that, replace :rillaboom: with :choice scarf: :miraidon:. Imo, you need some sort of speed control on your team otherwise you just lose to stuff like Kyogre or Zacian. Since scale shot Koraidon obviously can't be the scarfer, Miraidon can take its place and it can surprise stuff like lead Zacian. You don't need to deal super effective hits on ground types because uber mons are ridiculously strong. You could make an argument that its a screens team and you don't need a scarfer but I prefer to be safe especially since scale shot Koraidon can often fall flat. If scarf doesn't work, you can replace this with boots Miraidon but with taunt to mess with Giratina and Arceus forms

Lastly, is to get rid of Gholdengo. The only hazard that one would be desperate enough to ever use Gholdengo is sticky web, because you cannot afford to lose it. Most stick web teams auto lose to scarf Koraidon hence it can make sense but even then, running three taunt users on a sticky web team will be more reliable than using Gholdrengo

Since you have both motorcycles, one thing they can really struggle against is Arceus fairy. As such, my strongest recommendation is :zacian: because it completely destroys Arceus. It also benefits from scale shot Koraidon instantly destroying Toxapex and putting immense pressure on Skeledirge. Moreover, depending if you use substitute or not, Zacian can win the game on the spot against Landorus or Groudon with tera flying. I wouldn't recommend tera ground on it though because Koraidon already puts immense pressure on Skeledirge and Toxapex so ground tera blast won't be necessary and moreover, if Skeledirge is tera fairy to deal with scale shot Koraidon, which is rare in my experience, Zacian destroys it

Here is the revised team

Grimmsnarl @ Light Clay
Careful Nature
- Taunt
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Partian Shot

Timid Nature
- Spikes
- Mortal Spin
- Stealth Rock
- Sludge Wave

Flutter Mane @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Moonblast
- Shadow Ball
- Mystical Fire

Zacian-Crowned @ Rusted Sword
Ability: Intrepid Sword
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Behemoth Blade
- Substitute / Play Rough
- Play Rough / Close Combat

Miraidon @ Choice Scarf
Tera Type: Electric
Timid Nature
- U-turn
- Overheat
- Electro Drift
- Draco Meteor

Koraidon @ Loaded Dice
Jolly Nature
- Low Kick
- Scale Shot
- Flare Blitz
- Swords Dance
Hey, experienced Ubers player here, want to give my thoughts on some of these changes:

1. Parting Shot over Play Rough is almost never recommended! You cannot do anything vs Ting-Lu, so letting it come in and spike for free is incredibly annoying.

2. I'd go Calm Mind over Substitute on Flutter, helps break past defensive Arcs (who wall you without it)

3. Zacian set is fine whatever you work with, same with Koraidon set.

4. I'd suggest using this Glimmora set, much less passive:

Glimmora @ Focus Sash
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Mortal Spin
- Mud Shot
- Stealth Rock
- Memento

5. Scarf Miraidon is a huge momentum drain on Screens. Instead, run something such as

Miraidon @ Leftovers
EVs: 244 HP / 252 SpA / 12 Spe
Tera Type: Dragon
Modest Nature
- Parabolic Charge
- Dragon Pulse
- Calm Mind
- Agility

Hope this helps!

Last edited:
btw can i drop mud shot for sludge wave on glimmora tho? idk if i need speed control and i want some stab damage

also do i really need zacian? i don't have a physical wall on my team (grimmy's reflect is nice but is it really enough?)

Taka

coastin' like crazy
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
PUPL Champion
btw can i drop mud shot for sludge wave on glimmora tho? idk if i need speed control and i want some stab damage

also do i really need zacian? i don't have a physical wall on my team (grimmy's reflect is nice but is it really enough?)
Physical walls aren’t useful on HO, since the goal is to keep breaking and being aggressive. If you want a build w a physical wall, I suggest looking at the bazaar and using a bulkier team

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)