Samurott Runs RU (Peaked #1 @ 1453)

Hey everyone, the RU section of the RMT board has been pretty barren and I thought I'd put an RMT in before the expected tier shifts come. I used this team to receive req's on the current Tyrantrum Suspect and I figured maybe it could give someone the opportunity to grind out their req's in the few remaining days (not that this is the holy grail of teams, but it fairs well in the current meta.) The team was based around SD Samurott after I heard some chatter about how it can break through the common Slowking/Tangrowth/Steelix cores, among others. I was not disappointed as it performs well against stall, balance, and offense.

Samurott @ Lum Berry
Ability: Torrent
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Waterfall
- Aqua Jet
- Megahorn

The king of RU...almost. Samurott has the ability to tear through a lot of the common cores in the current meta after one SD. Its solid natural bulk of 95/85/70 provides ample set-up opportunities versus both stall and offense. Lum Berry allows it to set-up in the face of a wall that can do nothing but Toxic or fish for a Scald burn. The 224 EV's reach a speed stat of 232, which outspeeds the current standard Fletchinder set in order to OHKO with Aqua Jet. 252 Spe EV's allow Samurott to outspeed Scrafty. Being able to kill one of the most common revenge killers in the current RU meta is a great boon for Samurott and a huge threat to opposing offensive teams who rely on Fletchinder as their catch-all revenge 'mon. The biggest defensive threat to Samurott is Jellicent who resists both of its attacks and can recover stall. It should be noted that you CAN run Knock Off over Aqua Jet to easily dispatch of Jellicent, and while this would be an excellent option versus stall teams, I personally recommend Aqua Jet because of the utility it offers versus balanced and offensive teams. In my opinion, it is one of the greatest advantages of SD Samurott.

Slowking
+2 252+ Atk Samurott Megahorn vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Slowking: 396-468 (100.7 - 119%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Tangrowth
+2 252+ Atk Samurott Megahorn vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Tangrowth: 294-348 (72.9 - 86.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Mega-Steelix
+2 252+ Atk Samurott Waterfall vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Mega Steelix: 228-270 (64.4 - 76.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Mega-Abomasnow
+2 252+ Atk Samurott Megahorn vs. 172 HP / 0 Def Mega Abomasnow: 458-540 (125.8 - 148.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Aromatisse
+2 252+ Atk Samurott Waterfall vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Aromatisse: 211-250 (51.9 - 61.5%) -- 96.9% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
0 SpA Aromatisse Moonblast vs. 32 HP / 0 SpD Samurott: 136-162 (40.1 - 47.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

Jolteon
+2 252+ Atk Samurott Aqua Jet vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Jolteon: 180-213 (66.4 - 78.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Hitmonlee
+2 252+ Atk Samurott Aqua Jet vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Hitmonlee: 198-234 (82.1 - 97%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Life Orb Hitmonlee Mach Punch vs. 32 HP / 0 Def Samurott: 101-121 (29.7 - 35.6%) -- 24.6% chance to 3HKO

Fletchinder
+2 252+ Atk Samurott Aqua Jet vs. 152 HP / 0 Def Fletchinder: 386-456 (127.3 - 150.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Samurott Aqua Jet vs. 152 HP / 0 Def Fletchinder: 194-230 (64 - 75.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Fletchinder Acrobatics (110 BP) vs. 32 HP / 0 Def Samurott: 154-183 (45.4 - 53.9%) -- 44.1% chance to 2HKO

Flygon
+2 252+ Atk Samurott Aqua Jet vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Flygon: 144-171 (47.8 - 56.8%) -- 88.3% chance to 2HKO
+2 252+ Atk Samurott Waterfall vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Flygon: 288-339 (95.6 - 112.6%) -- 75% chance to OHKO
252 Atk Flygon Outrage vs. 32 HP / 0 Def Samurott: 187-222 (55.1 - 65.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Emboar
+2 252+ Atk Samurott Aqua Jet vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Emboar: 338-398 (93.6 - 110.2%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO

Fletchinder
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 128 HP / 252 Atk / 128 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Acrobatics
- Will-O-Wisp
- Roost

I'm not sure what can be said about Fletchinder that isn't already known. As I referenced above, its an incredible revenge killer for offensive teams because of its 110 BP priority move. Without Fletchinder, 'mons like Hitmonlee and Virizion would run through this team with relative ease. The speed EV's reach a speed stat of 236, which is designed to give a decent buffer of speed difference versus other Fletchinder while maintaining an odd HP number. Fletchinder operates as the primary revenge killer, Virizion check, and potential set-up sweeper.

Virizion @ Lum Berry
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Leaf Blade
- Zen Headbutt

SD Virizion completes the trio of SD sweepers and also completes a FWG core along with Samurott and Fletchinder. SD Virizion, like Samurott, is a 'mon that can threaten both stall and offense thanks to its great natural bulk vs. stall and its top-tier speed vs. offense. The only options for SD Virizion are the item and the coverage move; we opted for Lum Berry to allow us to set-up on status-reliant walls and Zen Headbutt because Amoonguss is a big defensive threat for this team and it also hits Golbat for super effective damage. SD Virizion is our best answer to the annoying jellyfish that hinders Samurott's ability to sweep a team. It acts as set-up fodder for Virizion (with Lum Berry still in-tact) and becomes more of a liability for the opponent than anything. While both Samurott and Virizion can tear through the common "Water/Grass/M-Steelix" core, Samurott is better for variations including Slowking and/or Tangrowth, while Virizion fares better versus Alomomola/Amoonguss. The point? You have multiple options for tearing through one of the better defensive cores in the RU metagame. You can never be upset with options. EV's are standard.

Alomomola+2 252 Atk Virizion Leaf Blade vs. 120 HP / 136 Def Alomomola: 470-554 (93.8 - 110.5%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO

Amoonguss
+2 252 Atk Virizion Zen Headbutt vs. 252 HP / 160+ Def Amoonguss: 272-320 (62.9 - 74%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Black Sludge recovery
0 SpA Amoonguss Sludge Bomb vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Virizion: 134-162 (41.3 - 50%) -- 0.4% chance to 2HKO

Mega-Steelix
+2 252 Atk Virizion Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Mega Steelix: 290-344 (81.9 - 97.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Slowking
+2 252 Atk Virizion Leaf Blade vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Slowking: 380-450 (96.6 - 114.5%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO

Jellicent
+2 252 Atk Virizion Leaf Blade vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Jellicent: 612-722 (151.4 - 178.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Hitmonlee @ Life Orb
Ability: Reckless
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bulk Up Sucker Punch
- High Jump Kick
- Knock Off
- Mach Punch

Opting for Sucker Punch over Bulk Up in order to deal with fast offensive Psychic types. This is the 'mon that I'm sure will receive a lot of funny looks and perhaps a lot of disagreement. And I completely understand if that's the case. Bulk Up Hitmonlee more than likely seems like a gimmick set due to its terrible bulk that provides it no set-up opportunities. But what does provide it set-up opportunities is the amount of switches (and protects...stupid fish) that Hitmonlee forces. While its not always plausible, it is extremely effective in the event that it has the opportunity to get a +1 (and it happens more than you may think.) While it was originally used to punish stall, it also gives a great boost to Mach Punch that allows it to beat faster but frailer offensive 'mons. While the boost to defense might seem pointless, it allows Hitmonlee to tank (lol) certain priority moves that would otherwise ruin its fun (calcs listed below). Overlooking the different set, Hitmonlee does what it always has: beats up stall and revenges weakened offensive 'mons with Mach Punch. It's incredibly effective at what it does and there really isn't much more to explain. EV's are standard.

Slowking (Bulk Up on switch from threatened 'mon such as M-Lix)
+1 252+ Atk Life Orb Hitmonlee Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Slowking: 356-421 (90.5 - 107.1%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO

Tangrowth
+1 252+ Atk Life Orb Reckless Hitmonlee High Jump Kick vs. 132 HP / 0 Def Tangrowth: 425-500 (113.6 - 133.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Alomomola (Bulk Up on predicted Protect)
+1 252+ Atk Life Orb Reckless Hitmonlee High Jump Kick vs. 120 HP / 136 Def Alomomola: 528-621 (105.3 - 123.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Spiritomb (Bulk Up on switch from threatened 'mon)
+1 252+ Atk Life Orb Hitmonlee Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 212 HP / 0 Def Spiritomb: 200-237 (68 - 80.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Hitmonlee normally fails to 2HKO after knocking off the item. Now it has that opportunity, although it comes at the cost of taking the potential burn. It's a give/take situation.

Jolteon
+1 252+ Atk Life Orb Hitmonlee Mach Punch vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Jolteon: 199-235 (73.4 - 86.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Mega-Glalie
+1 252+ Atk Life Orb Hitmonlee Mach Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mega Glalie: 320-377 (106.3 - 125.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 Atk Mega Glalie Ice Shard vs. +1 0 HP / 4 Def Hitmonlee: 69-82 (28.6 - 34%) -- 1.2% chance to 3HKO

Houndoom
4 Atk Life Orb Houndoom Sucker Punch vs. +1 0 HP / 4 Def Hitmonlee: 57-68 (23.6 - 28.2%) -- 88.1% chance to 4HKO

Samurott
252+ Atk Life Orb Samurott Aqua Jet vs. +1 0 HP / 4 Def Hitmonlee: 87-103 (36 - 42.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

Hitmonlee
+1 252+ Atk Life Orb Hitmonlee Mach Punch vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Hitmonlee: 220-259 (91.2 - 107.4%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO
252+ Atk Life Orb Hitmonlee Mach Punch vs. +1 0 HP / 4 Def Hitmonlee: 99-117 (41 - 48.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

Mega-Abomasnow
252+ Atk Mega Abomasnow Ice Shard vs. +1 0 HP / 4 Def Hitmonlee: 81-96 (33.6 - 39.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after hail damage

Flygon @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Earth Power
- Fire Blast
- Defog

This is nothing more than the standard offensive defog set. It's a fast defogger that also offers some offensive capability and useful resistances. More often than not, Flygon is used to control hazards and weaken checks to our primary sweepers, even if it means sacrificing itself in the process. He is more often than not the first 'mon to die, but never in vain. EV's are standard.

Steelix @ Steelixite
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 96 Atk / 164 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Heavy Slam
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

The SpD investment allows Mega-Steelix to better check threats such as Exploud, Sigilyph and Meloetta while still OHKO'ing Tyrantrum and Mega-Glalie. Mega-Steelix provides two things that all offensive teams need: a Fletchinder counter and a Tyrantrum check. In order to maintain the offensive nature of the team and punishing switch-ins who expect the Specially Defensive set, I've opted for max Attack instead. The 8 Spe EV's are simply for outspeeding opposing M-Steelix. I opt for Stone Edge over Roar or Toxic because it OHKO's Fletchinder while burned. Stone Edge is what turns M-Lix into a hard Fletchinder counter as opposed to set-up fodder.

Fletchinder
252+ Atk burned Mega Steelix Stone Edge vs. 152 HP / 0 Def Fletchinder: 376-444 (124 - 146.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Offensive Threats:
Scarf Tyrantrum: This shouldn't be any sort of surprise. The prime reason for its suspect is that it hinders offensive teambuilding. That being said, it can be revenge killed by the combination of Hitmonlee and Samurott and Mega-Steelix provides a few switch-ins. The priority is to get off as much chip damage as possible in order to ensure the Mach Punch KO with Hitmonlee. It's not ideal, but that's what Tyrantrum does.

Specs Meloetta: Another surprise I'm sure. Meloetta is guaranteed a KO each time it enters the match assuming correct prediction. Even non-specs offensive sets are capable of tearing through most offensive teams, including this one. The one thing working in our favor is our 3 strong physical priority moves, all of which hit neutrally, going against Meloetta's low Defense stat. Also, Virizion outspeeds and can deal a fair amount of damage while tanking 1 hit (excluding Psychic) from the specs set.

Defensive Threats:
Very few! Obviously this isn't entirely true, as any well-played stall team is going to give you a tough time, but the synergy between our SD 'mons allows us to break a lot of the strong defensive cores in the current RU meta. The most important thing is to evaluate which 'mons you'll need in order to break through certain opposing defensive 'mons. We lack a cleric, so simple mistakes (switching into status post-Lum, for example) can make or break a game versus a defensive-oriented team.

Samurott @ Lum Berry
Ability: Torrent
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Waterfall
- Aqua Jet
- Megahorn

Fletchinder
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 128 HP / 252 Atk / 128 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Acrobatics
- Will-O-Wisp
- Roost

Virizion @ Lum Berry
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Leaf Blade
- Zen Headbutt

Hitmonlee @ Life Orb
Ability: Reckless
Adamant Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Mach Punch
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch

Flygon @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Earth Power
- Fire Blast
- Defog

Steelix @ Steelixite
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 96 Atk / 164 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Heavy Slam
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Thank you for taking the time to read/rate! I hope that this team serves you well in your quest to receive req's for the current suspect test! Please feel free to share any opinions/recommendations for the team and any experiences that you've had while using it that may help other players. Offensive teams offer little room for error and any additional advice/suggestions could be a huge help for a newer player trying to get more involved in the RU tier or in Showdown in general.

Replay vs. Stall (only decent display of the team I could find): http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/rususpecttest-297896296

Last edited:

feen

control
is a Community Leaderis a Top Tiering Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
RU Leader
Hey really cool team bro. Here are some changes.
  • I would run more Speed EVs on Samurott just so that you outspeed Scrafty and hit it hard with a Waterfall. It makes facing Scrafty better especially if it carries Chople Berry and Rocks are up on your side.
  • I would also run Stone Edge over Zen Headbutt on Virizion because otherwise Togetic will wall 3 of your Pokemon as well as hit Golbat harder.
  • With Zen Headbutt from Virizion gone, and I also think that your team has too much Fighting types and you're gonna have a hard time facing a Life Orb Sigilyph. Therefore, I think that Life Orb Meloetta > Hitmonlee is a solid idea as it gives you a great Special Attacker which your team lacks, as well as a nice Special Attack switchin. With Calm Mind you can also pressure Stall and wallbreak giving Fletchinder an easier sweep.
Meloetta @ Life Orb
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Psychic
- Calm Mind
- Focus Blast

Take Azelfie

More flags more fun
Small changes here and there but nothing to much.

Stone Edge > Zen Headbutt Your team everything that is needs to hit for Zen so it makes it a move you don't click often. Stone Edge hits thing like Sigilyph and Delphox which are pretty threatening to the team.
Bulk Up < Sucker Punch/Rapid Spin I found it really hard to get into situations where Bulk Up was useful but these were to options I did test out. Sucker Punch makes Lee a nice lure for psychic types as well as getting off some chip damage before going down. Rapid Spin also just relieves some pressure off of Flygon to assist in the more powerful Fletchinder sweep.

That is all that I found, maybe using sub instead of WOW or Aqua Jet on either Fletchinder or Samurott respectively to help with stall but really effective team.

n_n

Hey really cool team bro. Here are some changes.
  • I would run more Speed EVs on Samurott just so that you outspeed Scrafty and hit it hard with a Waterfall. It makes facing Scrafty better especially if it carries Chople Berry and Rocks are up on your side.
  • I would also run Stone Edge over Zen Headbutt on Virizion because otherwise Togetic will wall 3 of your Pokemon as well as hit Golbat harder.
  • With Zen Headbutt from Virizion gone, and I also think that your team has too much Fighting types and you're gonna have a hard time facing a Life Orb Sigilyph. Therefore, I think that Life Orb Meloetta > Hitmonlee is a solid idea as it gives you a great Special Attacker which your team lacks, as well as a nice Special Attack switchin. With Calm Mind you can also pressure Stall and wallbreak giving Fletchinder an easier sweep.
Meloetta @ Life Orb
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Psychic
- Calm Mind
- Focus Blast
Hey Arifeen, thanks for the reply and suggestions. To your points:
  • I am very much considering running additional speed EV's. I didn't realize that the threshold for outspeeding Scrafty was within such close reach. While I do believe that the additional EV's in HP are meaningful, this is a change I will definitely make.
  • Amoonguss is just too much of a threat for me to run Stone Edge. I originally had Stone Edge prior to using Zen Headbutt and I was constantly beat by opposing Amoonguss. Togetic actually serves as set-up fodder for Fletchinder and Samurott (Calcs below) in my opinion and I see it as much less of a threat than Amoonguss.
  • I agree that Sigilyph is threatening, and should probably have been mentioned in the threatlist. However, I believe that Hitmonlee offers more value than Meloetta would based on the current structure of the team. Without Hitmonlee, I lose very easily to Scarf Tyrantrum after M-Lix is gone. Hitmonlee is an excellent wallbreaker and revenge killer for my team.
Calcs:
0 SpA Togetic Dazzling Gleam vs. 124 HP / 0 SpD Fletchinder: 60-72 (20.2 - 24.3%) -- guaranteed 5HKO
+2 252+ Atk Fletchinder Acrobatics (110 BP) vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Togetic: 144-171 (46 - 54.6%) -- 57.8% chance to 2HKO
0 SpA Togetic Dazzling Gleam vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Samurott: 96-114 (29 - 34.4%) -- 3.6% chance to 3HKO
+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Samurott Waterfall vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Togetic: 165-196 (52.7 - 62.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

feen

control
is a Community Leaderis a Top Tiering Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
RU Leader
Hey Arifeen, thanks for the reply and suggestions. To your points:
  • I am very much considering running additional speed EV's. I didn't realize that the threshold for outspeeding Scrafty was within such close reach. While I do believe that the additional EV's in HP are meaningful, this is a change I will definitely make.
  • Amoonguss is just too much of a threat for me to run Stone Edge. I originally had Stone Edge prior to using Zen Headbutt and I was constantly beat by opposing Amoonguss. Togetic actually serves as set-up fodder for Fletchinder and Samurott (Calcs below) in my opinion and I see it as much less of a threat than Amoonguss.
  • I agree that Sigilyph is threatening, and should probably have been mentioned in the threatlist. However, I believe that Hitmonlee offers more value than Meloetta would based on the current structure of the team. Without Hitmonlee, I lose very easily to Scarf Tyrantrum after M-Lix is gone. Hitmonlee is an excellent wallbreaker and revenge killer for my team.
Calcs:
0 SpA Togetic Dazzling Gleam vs. 124 HP / 0 SpD Fletchinder: 60-72 (20.2 - 24.3%) -- guaranteed 5HKO
+2 252+ Atk Fletchinder Acrobatics (110 BP) vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Togetic: 144-171 (46 - 54.6%) -- 57.8% chance to 2HKO
0 SpA Togetic Dazzling Gleam vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Samurott: 96-114 (29 - 34.4%) -- 3.6% chance to 3HKO
+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Samurott Waterfall vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Togetic: 165-196 (52.7 - 62.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
I think if you see a Tyrantrum, you have to preserve Steelix because that checks Tyrantrum (don't worry it's gonna be banned soon)

eren

je suis d'ailleurs
Hi Ban Me, cool team and grats on reqs (seriously fuck reqs)

SD Samurott | SD Fletch | SD Virizion | BU Hitmonlee | Defog Special Flygon | SE Rocks Mega Lix

Firstly I'd like to mention that scarf Ttrum isnt a threat to your team lol.

On to the actual rate, I can see the Pivot Togetic with Twave and Flamethrower being quite the nuisance for you. Since most Togetic are physically defensive to help with stall's relatively poor match up vs Scrafty, it can check a lot of your team and just be a nuisance with the aforementioned moves. Also, Golbat, Pelipper, Swanna, and Vileplume all seem to be a nuisances if played correctly, particularly since Pelipper checks 5 of your members. However, none of these are particularly common however they are gaining some traction in the current metagame because of their utility. Of things that have a much higher usage, Life Orb Sigilyph has almost no counterplay whatsoever on this team. The immediate answer would to be to throw Stone Edge on Virizion and call it a day to also help with the aforementioned mons but Amoonguss and/or Vileplume are huge threats to this team as well. Both ZHB and SE have their arguments on this team but I think running Sub CM Meloetta in the Himtonlee slot will greatly help you. Meloetta still pressures stall a ton if played correctly and can check Life Orb Sigilyph quite well. It also sets up on 5/6 of the mons mentioned above which helps you greatly. With that done, you can now freely run Stone Edge over ZHB on Virzion. With this change, you still have much insurance versus Amoonguss and the like while still being able to break steal in an effective manner. Scanning through your other sets, try running more Speed on Samurott. Scrafty is actually much closer in speed than one thinks, and running Max Speed allows you to outspeed it. With Hitmonlee gone, Abomasnow + Slowking or Sneasel can be quite troublesome, you definitely need to add some SpD on Steelix. This helps you versus Abomasnow while still mainting its ability to check many of the threats it does. Lastly, Houndoom is a huge threat to this team because Flygon lacks roost. I dont see any potential targets of Fire Blast, barring Escavalier or Mega Snow however Mega Lix checks it quite well, that Draco doesnt hit just as hard, I think running Roost on Flygon will be most beneficial because it doesnt just help your match up versus Houndoom but also versus Delphox and Mega Camerupt, both of which are threats even with Aqua Jet on Samurott just because of the simple thing of switching. Overall, you presented a very decent team and I can see how you got reqs with it. Good job!

Tl; dr:

>

Meloetta @ Leftovers | Serene Grace
252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe | Timid
Calm Mind / Substitute / Psychic / Shadow Ball

: Stone Edge > Zen Headbutt
: Roost > Fire blast

nice team and gl!

E: sniped by arifeen :|
Also trum wont be banned it isnt even that good calm yourself

fran17

(1999)
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Hey there, your team has a glaring weakness to Delphox, which just gets a kill every switch :( Sucker Punch on Hitmonlee can allow you to have a way to bait kill it, because usually Lee has only Mach Punch as priority, so the opponent will just click the psychic stab thinking to get a kill! Also Bulk Up is pretty useless because you will never find yourself in the position to get a boost and sweep the opponent.

252 HP / 96 Atk / 160 SpD is a spread that your Steelix might like. The given spread allows him to take on better some special threats like Sigilyph and Meloetta, which both threatens your team a lot. 96 evs in atk will ensure the ohko on Tyrantrum and Glalie with Earthquake and Heavy Slam respectively.

Also I'm not a huge fan of ZHB Virizion, but I think in this team he's really useful so in my opinion you have to keep it :) 2 of your wallbreaker are just walled by Amoonguss, and the other 2 can't really switch into him, Fletchinder hates rocks and Sludge Bomb, Flygon doesn't have to be sleepy because he has to remove rocks for Fletch, so a way to lure him is really helpful for this! Also go for full speed on Samurott because the bulk really doesn't help in nothing.

This is all, solid team man and grats on your reqs :)

edit: just a sidenote slurmz, but Houndoom is a threat for every offensive team, but he has 3 way to revenge kill him so even if Doom gets a kill the team won't have much problems getting a kill himself if played well

Thank you all for your replies! Based on the feedback I have opted to make some changes. They'll be listed in red in the OP as well.
  • 252 Spe EV's on Samurott to outspeed Scrafty
  • 252 HP/96 Att+/ 160 SpD spread on M-Steelix (Thanks Fran!) The big seller on this is that it still OHKO's Fletchinder w/ Stone Edge while Burned
  • As much as this one hurts, I'm not blind to the threat of Sigilyph/Meloetta, they were two pokes that I always had to play exceptionally well around. I'm a true advocate of BU Hitmonlee as I've seen him win several games for me thanks to BU, but I'm opting for Sucker Punch because it'll clean up my offensive Psychic type issue. LO Hitmonlee has a great chance to OHKO Meloetta with just some prior chip damage and cleanly OHKO's Sigilyph. This is a change that allows me to take out Psychic types while also allowing me to lure/kill Amoonguss with Zen Headbutt. As a sidenote, scarf Delphox (or any non-specs Delphox without Grass Knot) is great set-up fodder for Samurott ;). But that's neither here nor there!
Thanks again guys!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)