Tournament RUPL Finals [Won by Magnanimous Mismagius]

Status
Not open for further replies.

MZ

And now for something completely different
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen7ru-378607
won vs soulgazer, gg frogs

Huge s/o to EviGaro for actually buying me, had zero expectation to get drafted, let alone as a late replacement to the team's biggest buy. Getting picked up onto the last place team and seeing us work our way up to qualifying for playoffs and eventually winning has been a really motivating experience, everyone on the Medichams was super awesome and helpful, and I've never seen a team stay so active even after starting with some really rough weeks. :blobtriumph:

lighthouses

Inordinary
is a Tiering Contributor
Grats evi, you're a cutie

This was more fun(and stressful, but mostly fun) experience than what i had expected, i think i was able to draft a good squad of players considering price and you all were fun to hang around with so i don't actually feel that bad about losing.

Thanks to soulgazer for playing, i know you had more important shit to deal with and how done with lower tiers you are after spl but you still played and actively tried to win during your games which is more than what i could ask for.
col49 for bullying me constantly in every chat hes in even when im not in them LOL
thanks for playing and getting your fair share of wins when we needed your sunday wins
Lopunny Kicks and Hamhamhamham for playing in the earlier weeks, i think you both are very cool and improving a lot as players and in the tour community in general, you're probably going to win some shit in the near future im sure
snagaa for being a funny and chill guy, i liked having you around
Alpha Rabbit who subbed in for snaga and had to hold the stall bomb from zamrock LOL and actually was a huge tryhard the entire season and got us some wins when needed, thanks for playing man
NaCl who i got because i always thought you were pretty decent whenever we played like 2 years ago and i can safely say that you've improved a ton, there were some times during test games where i could barely keep up with you, really cool to have around too. thanks for playing
cb aaron judge and Accelgor who i knew would be reliable bw picks who actually enjoy the metagame and would try to build good teams, neither of you disappointed, thanks for playing
Ren-chon for barely ever misplaying in your games and being generally a very funny dude who i wouldnt mind having around in any chat, hope you stick around during wcop season, thanks for playing
eifo its a shame to see how unmotivated you are with the game in general, i think your teams are rock solid(the ones you actually get done at least :p) and your playing is really polished too, very rarely i would disagree with any of your plays even if they didnt work out, i think you have a lot of potential and im always down for ru having some strong mainers around, but even if you decide to not play anymore id be glad to just have you around for being a cool guy, thanks for playing
@slurmz thanks for being a good friend, i think you are legitimately a very sweet person who means no harm and its a shame how bad some of the views the people in the community had of you were, even before you got your dumbass perma banned, would love to remain in contact with you even if either of us quit this game. can't really thank you for playing though now can i.
Brazilian players whom i drafted because they are brazilian even though they barely said anything in chat and didnt get to play a game
luv u all

EviGaro

is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
RU Leader
Oh God.

It was always gonna be an odd Finals personally, I have huge respect and appreciation for Diogo's team, and it was always gonna be a tough one. It was obvious from auction that your team was gonna be extremely good. Great run yall, and glad we got to play this.

As for the Mismagius... WHEW. I knew coming in I was gonna be a bit rough at managing, having never actually done it lmao. Couple of things I would change, definitely. I'm a bit too critical at times and it can be annoying... Though in all honesty I really put that pressure on myself sometimes not doing the best I could. For that reason I don't think playing and managing is good for my long term health lmao. But from auction, and even after a couple of fairly disappointing weeks, I was actually extremely confident in that roster. SM was gelling nicely, we had a strong BWer in Lep, our ORAS game felt really good... No matter the hot takes, I'm not entirely surprised this group managed to do it.

And some shoutouts:

- dodmen and Gondra , you guys just killed it week after week after week. I was a bit... scared? Because I'm still largely an unknown in the tour community and you guys have done pretty much all, but you were both absolutely phenomenal. I hope retains are possible next year because I'm not getting Gondra for less than 20k after that :psynervous: Oh and Eternal Spirit , we sort of knew each other before a tiny bit, and while I know it wasn't the tour you wanted it to be personally. you still rock as heck.

- Bouff ... LOL Huge shoutout to you still honestly, you really helped me clutch out the remainder of the auction at a time where I was like "Yo I think those guys are good right". The Sam I Yam story was absolutely hilarious, you were still a great presence regardless and I definitely consider you a part of this. On that level, huge thanks to Megazard for pulling through and clutching massive games. You went up against massive competition and you always worked your arse off for a tier that I understand isn't that amazing to you. Massive respect for the committment you showed.

- TheWall, The Leprechaun, tko , my mains. I really wanted Wall because obviously we've known each other for a long ass time, I only heard good things about your involvement last year, and we even planned out part of the auction before rofl. You did great in oras too. Lep, I knew you as an auth, but you were a rock in BW, and an absolutely hilarious one, even if sometimes it really wasn't intentional! tko you're still a main because LC :blobthinking: and you were an amazing presence before you clutched out great performances in BW. We don't talk about the 6-0 to Kabutops though.

- Garay oak , goat. I knew you had solid performances and you were blowing me back minutes after asking me to teach you oras, so buying you was an easy af call. You really pulled through from the bench, and don't be so hard on yourself with your involvement, you're killing it in multiple tours as it is

- Cynde, Xiri, Amaroq and Taskr, I kinda feel bad for different reasons lmao. I really wished you could have gotten more games and more wins for us, even if Taskr clutched one, but that's mostly on me and absolutely nothing to do with your part on this team. Xiri I know you were massive in tests every week. I knew Taskr that you would work well with the PU mains™, and Amaroq while I understand your record wasn't what you wanted you were a constantly great presence and I hope that team success gives you that extra bit of confidence. Cynde we were teammates last year and I really thought I could give you more games... But then I stuck to a mostly similar lineup and gave games to the other who didn't play. But we did get the title!!

Oh and finally:
If I get a team next year this is definitely the mascot :psysly:

atomicllamas

but then what's left of me?
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Congrats to the Magnanimous Mismagious (especially EviGaro), its cool that the team with the best (well second best (s/o Fergalicious)) adjective won.

Thanks to the captains for helping this run smooth (well I picked them so thanks me ;)), special thanks to LifeisDANK for the DANK art, and col49 for helping me with the auction when I had to bail in the middle, most helpful thing you've ever done in my entire tenure as TL.

GLHF to next years host :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)