Tournament RUPL Commencement

phantom

Banned deucer.
We’re back with one of the RU community’s favorite events. I’ll be hosting the tournament this year. RUPL is a 9 week team tournament consisting of 8 teams. The first 7 weeks of the tournament being the qualifying phase and with last two weeks being the playoffs phase. Players are picked via an auction-style draft that functions identical to SPL. Each team is limited to a single manager and each is given 100k in auction credits to choose their team. Managers are required to draft at minimum 10 players (8 starters + 2 subs). Just like last year, the format will be 4 SM / 2 XY / 2 BW. Managers have the option to buy themselves as a starter or a sub for 10k auction credits.
  • Changes from last year
This tournament will introduce something new in the form of retains. This will be the first time retains are introduced in RUPL, so they will be limited to one retain per team to test the waters. Depending on how retains will work in this tournament, they may either be expanded on or completely eliminated in the next iteration. Retains will be a minimum of 10k if the retain was originally bought for less than 10k. If the retain was bought for 10k or more, the price of the retain will be 3k + the price they were initially bought at. For example, passion was purchased at 3k in the last iteration of RUPL, if he were to be retained, his price would be 10k. Hot N Cold was purchased at 14k in the last iteration of RUPL, if he were to be retained, his price would be 17k (his original price + 3k).

Because of the introduction of retains, teams will be assigned a letter to identify the pool of eligible retains for new managers. This will allow new managers to change the name of a team they are taking over while still having access to the retains from that respective team. Below is a list of teams + list of eligible retains alongside the price of each individual player. Note: if a player was disqualified from the tour or is currently tour banned, then they are not eligible to be retained.
Important Dates:

-Manager Signups: February 28th
-Player Signups: March 7th
-Auction: 1-2 Weeks after player signups

roman

Banned deucer.
mock draft results, my team is cutest and better than everyone else's

i didn't get the full draft logs but i managed to salvage the best part of it

[21:31:43] *Scrappie: Dabbing Drapions has bought passion for 60000!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)