Project RU What's Their Last (closed due to inactivity)

idea approved by phantom
idea stolen from uu's version

What're Their Lasts?

Back in generations 1-4, team preview did not exist, and as such it was vital to be able to discern what the opponents remaining Pokemon were. Even though we are now blessed with team preview, the ability to work out which Pokemon would be the best choice for the last teamslot(s) is a vital question during the teambuilding process.

In this project, every week the hosts will post a team that a player has built, but with two of the Pokemon missing. It is your goal to suggest which Pokemon would fit best in these last slots. There will be two stages each week, a nominations stage, where you will be able to submit your suggestion, and a voting phase. The person who recieves the most votes will win the week, and be added to our hall of fame, along with their submission!

At the end of each week, we will also reveal what the original Pokemon were. Even if you did not guess these Pokemon however, this does not mean your choice was wrong. Teams may have multiple paths to fill their weaknesses, and you may have found an even better option than the original builder.

Hopefully this project will help any aspiring builders improve their teambuilding skills! If you would like to submit a team to be used in an upcoming week, please PM me on Smogon or Discord (get outta here noob#3432), providing us with an import, and a short building process for your team! We can't promise your team will be featured, but it is worth trying!

For an example, you can refer to UU's own version of the project

Rules

• Please only post viable Pokemon in the RU metagame. In general one can refer to the Viability Rankings thread to get a general idea of this.
  • Exceptions will be made on a case by case basis if enough evidence is provided to support why your nomination is a viable choice, eg. overlooked Pokemon you believe to have a niche. Replays and calcs are highly advised in this scenario, on top of a detailed explanation.
  • For any other nomination, a small paragraph will suffice for a nomination. You may choose to add calcs and replays too to strengthen your arguement if you like however. One-liners should be avoided.
  • Do not post unviable sets. Alternative coverage options or items may be permitted if within reason, however they should not negatively affect a Pokemon in terms of other matchups greatly.
  • You may submit the same Pokemon as someone else, provided at least one of the sets are different. For instance, if someone has already submitted Competitive Milotic + offensive Toxic Spikes Drapion, you may still submit offensive Competitive Milotic + Spikes Sandslash-Alola.
  • NO slashing is permitted. You may not have 5 moves, 2 abilities, 2 items etc. in a match, the same should be true here.
  • Reservations are permitted provided the post is complete within 24 hours. After this time limit, anyone may take your reservation freely. Please post your sets when posting a reservation, eg. Never-Melt Ice Vanilluxe.
  • Each person may only submit once per round.
  • When choosing a Pokemon and set, try to analyse what the team is weak to or is unable to break before submitting. Don't just submit a random Pokemon for the sake of it.
  • You may not change any of the provided sets on the other 4 Pokemon in order to better fit a submission. You should instead submit based upon the given sets.
  • During the voting phase you may only vote for one person unless otherwise instructed. You may not vote for yourself.

start pming me them teams!!!

(looking for a co-host)

Last edited:
Today is finally the time to start up the project, as December shifts has finally come! Submissions are up now, PM me on smogon, send me your team, and make sure they arent too wacky. PROJECT STARTS NOW!

Am_I_Scary.png

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)