RU Threat List

Status
Not open for further replies.
What does SubCM Cress run as its mono-type attack? If it runs Ice beam isn't going to do much without a ridiculous amount of boosts. If it's Psychic then you can simply send out a dark type and wall Cress. If it runs both then it doesn't have moonlight, meaning you can be worn doing throughout the match.
It's not going to be worn down if you can barely damage it, and it's always going to have the Lefties recovery anyway.

I added Primeape, Articuno, and Slowking to the OP.

Generally the better Cress set is RestTalk in my opinion, and I promise you that Gurdurr will never beat RestTalk Cresselia.

Instead of RestTalk Cress to clear statuses, Ive been using a Moonlight/Psycho Shift version. It doesnt have to give up control of its moveset to recover, which is very helpful as mine spreads statuses primarily and its important to get the right status on your opponent. It may lose out on countering sleepers like venomoth but the benefits of spreading statuses that you dont carry the moves for and control over its moves are great and the rest of my team checks sleepers and venomoth just fine.

Some other offensive threats to think about: Crawdaunt, Scolipede and Archeops. Crawdaunt has Dragon Dance and Adaptability means he only needs his two STAB moves. Scolipede is freaky fast and wreaks stuff. Archeops needs no introduction, has 140 Base Attack and STAB Acrobatics (good luck bugs!)

The original post is looking great. Much of the threats I have seen are listed, though I have a few notable things I have noticed that could use a spot up there.

Hitmonchan - Bulky drain punching is this things best set, otherwise another Fighting should be used. Powerful priority should be mentioned due to Iron Fists boosts. Has access to Rapid Spin.

Hitmonlee - The strongest fighter in the tier. Choice band Hi Jump Kick hurts everything, and it has decent coverage. Scarf and Band both have benifits, but is also able to run Life Orb due to decent Speed.

Smash Pass/Gorybyss - Can't believe this hasn't been put up yet actually. Think Rhyperior was bad enough with just 1 +2 in attack or speed, now imagine +2 in both. Gorybyss can also sweep itself.

Pinsir - Good STAB in a tier full of Psychic and Darks. Has mold breaker to help in sweeping. Does best as a revenge killer though.

Electivire - With coverage good enough to make it OU last gen this thing is a threat. With the right moveset it can get near perfect SE coverage, and with a decent 123 Atk and 95 Sp.Atk it can deal some damage. Motor Drive helps to make it faster.

Sceptile - 120 Base Speed + 85 Atk, and 105 Sp.Atk. Great speed and decent offenses + a movepool most pokemon would kill for, need I say more.

Shuckle, Steelix, Weezing - All great walls. Weezing boasts being able to Burn + decent typing with levitate, Steelix has nice typing + Stealth Rock. Shuckle has the highest defense stats in the game. Power Share means that it won't die. Lacks reliable recovery outside of rest.

On the note of Shuckle a set of Acupressure/Power Share/Rest/Rollout is ridiculous. Remember inconsistent Bibarel? That is what Shuckle is like, just a bit harder to pull off, and it won't die to a random crit....

And you might want to consider adding Slaking, just for its sheer stat base. When it comes in something will be hurt.

How about Dugtrio as a suicide lead?

[SET]
name: Suicide lead
move 1: Stealth Rock
move 2: Earthquake
move 3: Stone Edge
move 4: Suckerpunch
item: Focus Sash
ability: Arena Trap
nature: Jolly/Adamant
evs: 4 HP / 252 Att/ 252 Speed

Being the fastest Stealth Rocker in the tier will almost always allow you to set up stealth rock and cripple the main threats of RU with all the Bug and Flying types.

and if you get lucky, you can trap your opponent's lead that maybe be weak to Dugtrio's Stab Earthquake, allowing you a free KO since they can't switch out, even if they do attack and survive you still have a focus sash to go back on unless you're up against hail.

and if you happen to be up against, Yanmega lead, you can play mind games, if it uses protect to boost it's speed, you set up stealth rock, if it attacks you can Stone edge it before it has a chance to hit you, unless you miss of course.

If you both have focus sash, sucker punch can finish off Yanmega since it has priority.

Rowan

The professor?
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
You mention in the OP that Gligar is a great answer to threats such as Entei and Durant, yet have not included it in the defensive threat list, which I find a bit odd.
Also you might want to mention that Cloud Nine on Lickilicky is illegal with wish and healbell (at least it is according to PO.)
I also think Steelix deserves a mention as it can do the same things Aggron can do, yet with slightly better defenses and better typing. (not 4x weak to fighting and ground). Of course Aggron gets a better attack stat so they both have their advantages.

gallade is viable and probably better than hitmonchan, shell smashers should probably get a category of their own (if you want to keep them grouped under "rain" then add smeargle maybe??), dugtrio is pretty neat, archeops can do some damage (though it doesn't like rhyp in the tier), typhlosion needs mention imo (specs set HURTS), poliwrath is cool (both circle throw and subpunch which nails was using to great effect), add wobba, manectric is alright (basically galvantula with switcheroo and fire moves but without bug type and compoundeyes), i haven't seen a single porygon2 but it seems ok.

just some badly organized thoughts on what to add. also ferroseed doesn't beat durant with ease, it struggles unless it has thunder wave, which you didn't mention. i'd nitpick more but i cba.

How about Masquerain?

Quiver Dance, Ice Beam, Hydro Pump, Roost, Bug Buzz. What could do wrong with something that knows moves like that? And don't forget Intimidate which is always good.

gallade is viable and probably better than hitmonchan, shell smashers should probably get a category of their own (if you want to keep them grouped under "rain" then add smeargle maybe??), dugtrio is pretty neat, archeops can do some damage (though it doesn't like rhyp in the tier), typhlosion needs mention imo (specs set HURTS), poliwrath is cool (both circle throw and subpunch which nails was using to great effect), add wobba, manectric is alright (basically galvantula with switcheroo and fire moves but without bug type and compoundeyes), i haven't seen a single porygon2 but it seems ok.

just some badly organized thoughts on what to add. also ferroseed doesn't beat durant with ease, it struggles unless it has thunder wave, which you didn't mention. i'd nitpick more but i cba.
Hitmonchan has arguably better typing, not having weaknesses to the Dark and Bug moves that are everywhere, Rapid Spin, and lots and lots of priority. Gallade does have higher attack, and a little bit better defenses though. Manetric has a lot of competition from every other Electric type in the tier, which is a lot. And Porygon2 is OU, I sincerely hope you haven't seen it.

Hitmonchan has arguably better typing, not having weaknesses to the Dark and Bug moves that are everywhere, Rapid Spin, and lots and lots of priority. Gallade does have higher attack, and a little bit better defenses though. Manetric has a lot of competition from every other Electric type in the tier, which is a lot. And Porygon2 is OU, I sincerely hope you haven't seen it.
Gallade is neutral to dark and bug.

I think people need to try Sceptile some more...Swords Dance/Leaf Blade/Acrobat/Earthquake Unburden with a Flight Gem. Try it out.

I'm working on getting most the stuff you guys are talking about up here...it takes a little bit of time to write these haha.

I dunno if it's already been said, but I think Cinccino deserves to be mentioned in the op. Even without Skill Link, a Technicianed Cinccino can lay down some major pain on opponents, although, it can't really take too many hits.

I dunno if it's already been said, but I think Cinccino deserves to be mentioned in the op. Even without Skill Link, a Technicianed Cinccino can lay down some major pain on opponents, although, it can't really take too many hits.
It's decent, but is walled to death by things like Rhyperior and Tangela, and basically any hit to it KO's it. I'm not sure if it needs to be on the OP.

Alakazam can't beat Cress if the cress player has toxic spikes setup, I swept you once with one of my alts because zam can't survive long enough with toxic damage to beat cress in a CM war.

Gallade is neutral to dark and bug.

I think people need to try Sceptile some more...Swords Dance/Leaf Blade/Acrobat/Earthquake Unburden with a Flight Gem. Try it out.

I'm working on getting most the stuff you guys are talking about up here...it takes a little bit of time to write these haha.
I meant to say resisting =/. Yeah Sceptile really wrecks this tier. Good to see the stuff going up.

Just a little note to people that are questioning why some of the more obvious things aren't up there yet: I test out everything before putting it on the list. So if there's something not on there that you guys think should be there, it's because I simply haven't gotten around to testing it yet. There are some things I've tested that I didn't think should be on the list (Cinccino, Magneton to an extent), but regardless, I test out EVERYTHING. (That's part of the reason why I'm low on the ladder (like 110th or something), because I'm spending more time testing all this shit out rather than making good teams to get higher).

Just a little disclaimer that I thought everyone should hear.

Garbodor or whatever it's name is, can set up both toxic spikes and spikes, as well as clear smog to haze away stat boosts.

Support category?

Amoongus also is bound to screw up at least something with Spore, 114/70/85 defenses and grass/poison typing allow it plenty of time to come in and take a fighting attack or soak up some electricity. Has the movepool to support the team with the benefit of having mixed power where Tangela doesn't.
When it gets regenerator it will be even better.

Eh...I'll test out Garbodor and see what it can do. Amoonguss is indeed a potent sponge, and he's getting a spot eventually. In other news, I just got finished putting up Uxie, Sceptile, and Manectric.

Been trying out a RU team, mostly battling OU teams.

...Oh dear god, Curse+Payback Umbreon. This thing is so good it's not even funny. It can tank Scarf Genosect's U-Turn and set up on it. There was something else rediculous it tanked, but I can't remember at the moment. Garchomp or something.

Alakazam can't beat Cress if the cress player has toxic spikes setup, I swept you once with one of my alts because zam can't survive long enough with toxic damage to beat cress in a CM war.
Uh... Magic Guard?

Just putting out Masquerain again. I totally suggest you guys try it out. While I see it IS very similar to Venomoth, it separates it's self with Hydro Pump and Ice Beam. Its ability can also allow it to take a physical hit while setting up Q. Dances.

Anything with Quiver Dance is viable. That's why I named the category "Quiver Dancers" on the offensive threat list. I then went and pointed out the two most common ones. That doesn't mean Masquerain doesn't work, because I'm sure it does, but there's no point in giving it it's own point or anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)