Tournament RU Snake Draft: Week 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mavis

Banned deucer.
Banner_prospect.png

Standings

:mudsdale: The Mighty Mudsdales (6) :mudsdale: vs :vileplume: The S-Rank Vileplumes (2) :vileplume:

SS: Feliburn vs rozes
SS: pokeisfun vs Yggdrasil60
SS: goldcat vs jake
SS: meru vs Bouff
SM: lax vs Trace
SM: ima vs Ark
ORAS: SituM vs Chaitanya
BW: Accelgor vs tko

:heliolisk: The Happy-Go-Lucky Heliolisks (4) :heliolisk: vs :nidoqueen: The Nav Fan Nidoqueens (4) :nidoqueen:

SS: Star vs Pepeduce
SS: Alpha Rabbit vs Luthier
SS: Lilburr vs TonyFlygon
SS: Oathkeepre vs A Burn, Go Zit!
SM: TheFranklin vs sjneider
SM: termi vs Flamita
ORAS: Gefährlicher Random vs Santu
BW: Bobby Dagen vs byronthewellwell

:drampa: The Dreamless Drampas (4) :drampa: vs :sandaconda: The SBWNUHGBH (4) :sandaconda:

SS: Sensei Axew vs GW
SS: robjr vs Eternal Spirit
SS: Gondra vs Osh
SS: mncmt vs Amaroq
SM: Finchinator vs roman
SM: Hurtadoo vs Xiri
ORAS: Alkione vs atomicllamas
BW: Pinboim3 vs KW

:steelix: The Solid Steelixes (5) :steelix: vs :braviary: The Very Scary Braviarys (3) :braviary:

SS: Garay oak vs snaga
SS: gorex vs Mac3
SS: yeezyknows vs PinkDragonTamer
SS: Yay vs Sabella
SM: Arifeen vs ODR
SM: Ren-chon vs Bebo
ORAS: TSR vs banks
BW: The Leprechaun vs esche

The deadline is 12:00 AM, June 28, GMT -5 (Central Daylight Time). Replays MUST be posted! Reminder to all SM RU players to please play on the main PS! server, not Smogtours. Reminder to all SS RU players that Indeedee has been banned.

Last edited:

Mavis

Banned deucer.
host predicts!!!

:mudsdale: The Mighty Mudsdales (5) :mudsdale: vs :vileplume: The S-Rank Vileplumes (3) :vileplume:

SS: Feliburn vs rozes: felibold ROFO
SS: pokeisfun vs Yggdrasil60: absolutely no clue how good pif is in this tier, and Yggdrasil has been doing well. decent edge
SS: goldcat vs jake: GoldCat has been unimpressive where jake has been as solid as ever. good edge
SS: Meru vs Bouff: how good is meru again? who cares he's probably gonna do fine
SM: lax vs Trace: trace has been decent at best vs god lax, big edge
SM: ima vs Ark: lord ima is coming through
ORAS: SituM vs Chaitanya: situm has played once this tour and got lucked, and chaitanya has been decent. tiny edge
BW: Accelgor vs tko: a used bandaid could make better plays than tko has this entire tour

Match of the Week: Feliburn vs rozes (SS RU): frankly, none of the other games are too exciting, and these two are both very solid players and should put on a pretty good show for the fans.

:heliolisk: The Happy-Go-Lucky Heliolisks (5) :heliolisk: vs :nidoqueen: The Nav Fan Nidoqueens (2) :nidoqueen:

SS: Star vs Pepeduce: despite a loss to Mac3 last week, Star should still be able to pull a win here. no edge though, the pepe is quite good.
SS: mael vs Luthier: both are hot off wins, but I still don't really trust mael in SS. Luthier, on the other hand, is very solid. decent edge
SS: Lilburr vs TonyFlygon: despite not being native RUers, both of these players are very good at SS and should play a great game
SS: Dragon Claw vs A Burn, Go Zit!: yeah, okay, fine, whatever man
SM: TheFranklin vs sjneider: neider is solid but I trust arce's SS just a touch more. this should be very close though
SM: termi vs Flamita: not a massive Flamita fan, and termi is good enough to pull out a win here. decent edge
ORAS: Gefährlicher Random vs Santu: Gefahrlicher is quite solid, but I think Santu is among the best in the pool. this should be a close game
BW: Bobby Dagen vs byronthewellwell: undefeated bobby dagen vs positive byron should make for a great and close game

Match of the Week: Lilburr vs TonyFlygon (SS RU): Each game these two have played up till this point has been incredibly exciting, bar Lily's wipeout last week at the hands of PDT's Ninetales. She looks to be in fine form this coming week to make up for her loss, and should prove a good challenger to the far more experienced TonyFlygon.

:drampa: The Dreamless Drampas (3) :drampa: vs :sandaconda: The SBWNUHGBH (4) :sandaconda:

SS: Sensei Axew vs GW: one of these two clowns is going to bring like, stonjourner or dusknoir or some shit so no use predicting this rofl
SS: robjr vs Eternal Spirit: both these players have put up decent records but I think I trust robjr's game a bit more overall. no edge though
SS: Gondra vs Osh: Gondra has... not been up to form this tour, and Osh has been decent. marginal edge
SS: mncmt vs Amaroq: putting some faith in the superior player here, even if it's just slightly. tiny edge
SM: Finchinator vs roman
SM: Hurtadoo vs Xiri: Hurta is going to bring some wild shit and win, and Xiri has yet to impress this tour. slight edge
ORAS: Alkione vs atomicllamas: llamas is an amazing ORAS, and I have no clue how good alkione is at the tier. big edge
BW: Pinboim3 vs KW: much as I dislike bolding against my friend, KW is the best BWer in the pool. this will be a very good game though

:steelix: The Solid Steelixes (3) :steelix: vs :braviary: The Very Scary Braviarys (4) :braviary:

SS: Garay oak vs snaga: these two are both established tour faces and should play a close game
SS: gorex vs Mac3: y'all know the rules, I don't bold one of my friends when they fight another friend
SS: yeezyknows vs PinkDragonTamer: yeezydub should prove the superior UUer-having-fun-in-RU-er. slight edge
SS: Yay vs Sabella: gustavoat????
SM: Arifeen vs ODR: while not performing as well as he might hope so far, ODR is a fearsome opponent and not one to underestimate
SM: Ren-chon vs Bebo: Milli has been wholly unimpressive and Bebo has been on fire, plus he knows the tier better. decent edge
ORAS: TSR vs banks: she should do fine, TSR is a decent opponent so small edge to banks
BW: The Leprechaun vs esche: by a tiny margin I have more faith in Lep's BW. this game should be excellent

Match of the Week: The Leprechaun vs esche (BW RU): these two are both some of the best when it comes to BW players, and despite not carrying the best of records, their prowess in the tier shouldn't be doubted. I have high hopes for this game, as someone who very much enjoys watching BW.

---------

Overall match of the week: Finchinator vs roman (SM RU): After an embarassingly unlucky run in RUPL, Finchinator returns to RU Snake Draft with an incredibly clean 3-0 in SM off the back of some great plays that are much more telling of his skill. On the other side of the ring, roman is a notoriously strong SMer, boasting an incredible 7-1 record across both RUPL and the first three weeks of RU Snake Draft. This battle of two undefeated SM powerhouses should easily be one of the best games of this week, if not the entire tournament. While I will bold roman due to my faith in his incredibly seasoned SM talent, I do so just barely, as this game will likely be incredibly close and can go either way. The game will be taking place Thursday evening, so don't miss it!​

Last edited:
Sensei predix!

:mudsdale: The Mighty Mudsdales (5) :mudsdale: vs :vileplume: The S-Rank Vileplumes (3) :vileplume:

SS: Feliburn vs rozes - decent edge to Feli here, I've been impressed with his builds except that woat ass sitrus berry drednaw
SS: pokeisfun vs Yggdrasil60 - ygg is on fire this tour and I don't see him stopping here
SS: goldcat vs jake - def rooting for the mainer to win here, but i'd be crazy to think that jake doesn't have the edge
SS: meru vs Bouff - minor edge to meru because he saved the RU tier from ratchet ass indeedee
SM: lax vs Trace - Trace is a tours room player that I know but I don't really recall ever seeing him play, decent edge to lax
SM: ima vs Ark - small edge to ima, wouldn't surprise me if Ark took this one home however
ORAS: SituM vs Chaitanya - situm's really been struggling and Chait seems on point
BW: Accelgor vs tko - very minor edge to accel bc TKO is a B+ manager

:heliolisk: The Happy-Go-Lucky Heliolisks (5) :heliolisk: vs :nidoqueen: The Nav Fan Nidoqueens (3) :nidoqueen:

SS: Star vs Pepeduce - Pepeduce is definitely on fire this tour but Star is the more proven player and I prefer the teams that he's been using over Pepe's
SS: mael vs Luthier - been more of a fan of Luthier's run compared to mael's so far
SS: Lilburr vs TonyFlygon - minor edge to Lily because she'll probably bring like Specs Vileplume or some shit like that
SS: Dragon Claw vs A Burn, Go Zit! - damn gonna actually have to bold bugzi here because I don't really know who Dragon Claw is :S
SM: TheFranklin vs sjneider - minor edge to arce because he's sitting pretty nicely beating odr last week
SM: termi vs Flamita - termi's game last week was really depressing to watch so hopefully she gets the better end of the stick this week
ORAS: Gefährlicher Random vs Santu - gotta bold Santu, but I can definitely see a world where Felix takes this one
BW: Bobby Dagen vs byronthewellwell - i've been quite impressed with Bobby but byron's been pretty good as well, can go either way

:steelix: The Solid Steelixes (3) :steelix: vs :braviary: The Very Scary Braviarys (4) :braviary:

SS: Garay oak vs snaga - kind of a coinflip here, easily a two-sided match-up
SS: gorex vs Mac3 - ik I said I was never gonna bold the vs again for the remainder of ru snake, but this matchup is wayyyyyyy too close to bold either name
SS: yeezyknows vs PinkDragonTamer - PDT did get a win last week but yeezy has been using a lot of Haunter so I've gotta bold him
SS: Yay vs Sabella - going to be a very tight game, small edge to Sabella
SM: Arifeen vs ODR - Feen playing two weeks in a row????????? oml
SM: Ren-chon vs Bebo - bebo got pretty lucky vs termi last week so I can't really bold against him can I
ORAS: TSR vs banks - good vs great imo
BW: The Leprechaun vs esche - I still believe that esche is the bw goat but lep has been a bit better this tour

WOOOOOO GOOOOOOOO DRAMPAS!!

Last edited:

roman

Banned deucer.
6/12 .___.

SM: lax vs Trace better player
SM: ima vs Ark would consider bolding ark but he failed to use a water res last week

SM: TheFranklin vs sjneider better player
SM: termi vs Flamita better player

SM: Arifeen vs ODR better player
SM: Ren-chon vs Bebo better player

Last edited:

Expulso

Morse code, if I'm talking I'm clicking
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
im only putting in effort for SS predicts since im not a boomer and wouldnt rly know what im talking about

:mudsdale: The Mighty Mudsdales (3) :mudsdale: vs :vileplume: The S-Rank Vileplumes (4) :vileplume:

SS: (60) Feliburn vs rozes (40) - feli has been absolutely fire in ss ru this tour. rozes is a really good player but feli knows this tier inside and out, has been in excellent form lately, and brought great unexpected picks like hitmonlee wk1 and nu favorite snap trap stunfisk-g ('worse steelix') wk2. so i think he'll continue his hot streak in what should be a close match
SS: (45) pokeisfun vs Yggdrasil60 (55) - see above, except ygg is less dominant and has a less high ceiling - not to disparage him or anything, though, he's still 3-0! i think it's a shakier 3-0 than Feli's - for instance, im v surprised his growth plume pulled out the win vs oath wk1. he should still be favored, though.
SS: (35) goldcat vs jake (65) - big time edge to Jake, v strong player with a lot of experience. goldcat's a pretty solid player, but his 0-2 start cant help his confidence going into a tough match vs a more experienced & skilled opponent.
SS: (40) meru vs Bouff (60) - both are good players, but bouff has for sure been more impressive this tour, beating eternal spirit and garay oak and losing only to star; meru hasnt won yet. bouff is definitely living up to the r2 pick the vileplumes used on him and i expect him to continue to 3-1 (against possibly the hardest schedule of anybody, damn goak gama star is a hella tough group)
SM: lax vs Trace (who? whoooooo??)
SM: ima vs Ark (ark's been p solid this tour. ima has also been p solid this tour. thus this is even)
ORAS: SituM vs Chaitanya
BW: Accelgor vs tko (accel is p disengaged from mons rn but should be able to get this w)

highlight mu: feliburn vs rozes (SS)

:heliolisk: The Happy-Go-Lucky Heliolisks (2) :heliolisk: vs :nidoqueen: The Nav Fan Nidoqueens (6) :nidoqueen:

SS: (49) Star vs Pepeduce (51) - from the studio that brought you "star vs up and comer mac3", we present: "star vs up and comer pepeduce". star is exceptionally talented as a player but without much ss building support on the lisks, pepe can likely get an MU advantage and ride that to a narrow victory. i think pepe has been awesome this tour, super impressive. hard to give him (or anyone) more than the slightest edge vs a player of star's caliber, though.
SS: (45) mael vs Luthier (55) - luthier's been a little better than mael this tour, mael turned in v poor performances wks 1 and 2 before turning things around with a p cool team wk3, which makes me more optimistic on his chances. still think luthier is a more reliable pick here, though.
SS: (40) Lilburr vs TonyFlygon (60) - lily's def solid but tony is better, after seeing him go like 6-1 or 6-2 in ss nu this nupl i am super high on his skill level as a player. tony can probably play around a bad MU better than lily can, and the navs have brought super cool and effective SS teams (see: luthier smacking me around w double grass drifblim) so id bet on him having the mu advantage.
SS: (45) Dragon Claw vs A Burn, Go Zit! Bugzinator (55) - im ngl i dont know who that guy is. bugzi hasnt been spectacular in his games but his play is solid enough that he'll usually win unless he is actively outplayed, and i dont trust dclaw to do it as much as, say, robjr wk1 (or ajna wk3 in a god-awful MU ajna somehow nearly won).
SM: TheFranklin vs sjneider - idk arce9 was like 0-a lot in rupl/ru snake before critting odr like 5 times last wk, ik he is a solid player due to some past results but im not sure whether he'll be out of his funk
SM: termi vs Flamita
ORAS: Gefährlicher Random vs Santu - santu in oras is auto bold, i <3 felix tho! extra level to this is that felix lost to santu both times they played in nupl, despite him winning all 6 of his other games. interesting to see if felix can get it done this time around.
BW: Bobby Dagen vs byronthewellwell - both have been v good this tour, should be a good one!

highlight mu: star vs pepeduce (SS)

:drampa: The Dreamless Drampas (2) :drampa: vs :sandaconda: The SBWNUHGBH (4) :sandaconda:

SS: (45) Sensei Axew vs GW (55) - hate predicting in games w/ both of my good friends but I think GW has the edge due to 1) more experience in these tours (rupl, nupl, the first few weeks of snake) and 2) probably being a slightly better player. hard to judge losses to feliburn and jake, two of the top ss players, too harshly.
SS: robjr vs Eternal Spirit - p much identical mu; two really good tour players, both 2-1 in this tour, i really dont know how to distinguish between them. eternal spirit impressed me by somehow pulling off a wk1 win vs yay when his curselax counter was a paralyzed gastrodon; robjr impressed me by beating me 2-0 for ssnl x.x dead even
SS: (35) Gondra vs Osh (65) - when i heard sensei axew was in i assumed gondra (0-3) was benched. to be fair, his opponents (pepeduce, star, yeezyknows) have all been doing very well this tour. however, osh has pulled off 2 wins against a comparable level of competition. strong edge to osh
SS: (60) mncmt vs Amaroq (40) - in new york i amaroq (hey) (what) amaroq is 1-2 but hasnt played particularly badly; however, mncmt has 2 good wins and def a far higher ceiling in terms of mons skill. p strong edge mncmt
SM: Finchinator vs roman - highlight mu for sure, i think finch is the better player but that might just be because i honestly havent watched many of roman's games; his 7-0 run in rupl/ru snake is remarkable, esp due to the fact that his competition has been solid. dead heat, excited to watch
SM: Hurtadoo vs Xiri - close
ORAS: Alkione vs atomicllamas - somehow llamas will be 4-0 this tour oml epic
BW: Pinboim3 vs KW

highlight mu: Finchinator vs roman (SM)

================================
goooo braviarys!!!! <3 <3
braviary pokemon gif

Denial

formerly Lunala
is a Past WCoP Champion
:mudsdale: The Mighty Mudsdales (3) :mudsdale: vs :vileplume: The S-Rank Vileplumes (4) :vileplume:

SS: (55)Feliburn vs rozes(45): pretty close game, gonna give feli the mainers edge
SS: (40)pokeisfun vs Yggdrasil(60): havent seen much from pif but hes the better player here, still giving ygg the edge
SS: (30)goldcat vs jake(70): jake has been doing very good while goldcat has been pretty shaky, hard to recover starting from this
SS: (35)meru vs Bouff(65): bouff is definetly the better player here, and i dont have much trust in 2020 meru
SM: (75)lax vs Trace(25); didnt even know trace signuped for this tour, but yeah lax is just amazing
SM: ima vs Ark: coinflip, both have been doing pretty above average this tour
ORAS: (30)SituM vs Chaitanya(70): dont really know who situm is and chaitanya is the better player
BW: (60)Accelgor vs tko(40): 2020 tko def cant win more than 2 games in the same tour

hl here is def feliburn- rozes

:heliolisk: The Happy-Go-Lucky Heliolisks (1) :heliolisk: vs :nidoqueen: The Nav Fan Nidoqueens (6) :nidoqueen:

SS: (40)Star vs Pepeduce(60): prob unpopolar, but with the dlc shaking up the meta i believe mainers will get a little more rewarded for the time being, and pepeduce is a very good builder so i have more trust in him here. Star is still a very good player so he can easily pull this off
SS: (35)mael vs Luthier(65): better player and better performance so far
SS: (35)Lilburr vs TonyFlygon(65): better player, i need to see more from lilburr here before i give her my total trust
SS: (35)Dragon Claw vs A Burn, Go Zit!(65): bugzinator has been amazing in this tier since the cancelled rupl, cant see him losing at this point
SM: (40)TheFranklin vs sjneider(60): neider is the better player here but not by that much, frankling is def able to pull this off
SM: (65)termi vs Flamita(35): giving more faith to termi here, but flamita is def not a bad player and can win this matchup with the rigth team
ORAS: (40)Gefährlicher Random vs Santu(60): both are very good at farming in old gens in low tiers pls , but i believe santu is the better player overall here
BW: Bobby Dagen vs byronthewellwell: both have been doing pretty good and its bw ru, so its hard to predict here. will just leave it as a coinflip

hl is def star vs pepeduce

:drampa: The Dreamless Drampas (3) :drampa: vs :sandaconda: The SBWNUHGBH (4) :sandaconda:

SS: Sensei Axew vs GW: both here are at the same playing level, just gonna flip it
SS: (60)robjr vs Eternal Spirit(40): gama didnt look very convincing in his games so ill give the edge to rob.
SS: (35)Gondra vs Osh(65): better performance so far
SS: (60)mncmt vs Amaroq(40): better player here i believe, but amaroq has been pretty impressive in ru seasonal.
SM: (60)Finchinator vs roman(40): better player overall, but roman has been doing amazing (SOMEHOW) so i wont give that big of a edge to finch here
SM: (40)Hurtadoo vs Xiri(60): im a fan of xiri so im probably biased, gonna give him the edge here
ORAS: (40)Alkione vs atomicllamas(60): alkione is def a capable player but i trust llamas more
BW: (40)Pinboim3 vs KW(60): both build bw a lot, so im just gonna give the edge to who i believe is the better player here

hl roman vs finch

on another note...

1592819636225.png

GOOOOOO STEELIXES WOOOOOOO

Last edited:
ORAS: SituM vs Chaitanya - situm's game wasnt very inspiring, and chaitanya is decent
BW: Accelgor vs tko - accel won last week and tko hasnt been playing as well as previous rupls/snakes this far, until he finds his rhythm back im gonna bold accel since he's just a better player in general i feel

ORAS: Gefährlicher Random vs Santu - normally here i would bold santu but he's been repeating himself a lot i feel and this could be abusable
BW: Bobby Dagen vs byronthewellwell - byron can absolutely win this but i cant really bold against a rodri on a streak that is using normal teams now as opposed to what he started with

ORAS: Alkione vs atomicllamas - llamas is better and has been using better teams and playing better in general this tour
BW: Pinboim3 vs KW - lol kw will "bounce" back from last week although pinboim is no slouch so kw shouldnt just crank it up with the trash or he'll catch his 2nd L

ORAS: TSR vs banks - i feel banks has been playing better and i like the team choices
BW: The Leprechaun vs esche - i feel leprechaun's style matches up better vs esche who seems quite uncomfortable with his team choices

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)