RU RU Ladder Tour V - Playoffs Round 3

Ampha

"They don’t call me Greed for nothing!"
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
imagem_2024-03-04_235308912.png

1678174573482.png

Welcome to the official RU ladder tour (RULT), where qualified ladder players will get a chance to compete amongst themselves to earn points for the RU Circuit Playoffs. We are now starting the first stage of the playoffs phase, where the 24 qualified players will battle each other in a single elimination seeded bracket to see who moves on to the top 16, top 2 of each cycle got a bye on round 1, Players continue playing in this single elimination stage until the winner is decided. This is a Type B tournament.

Tour Specific Rules:
  • This is a standard SV RU tournament.
  • Best of three, single elimination tournament.
  • Matchups are based on seeds, according to how well you did on the overall count of cycles.
  • Matches are to be played on Pokémon Showdown (main or smogtours).
  • All matches are to be played in [Gen 9] RU. If a ban or unban to the tier occurs during a round, the change will take effect as of the following round.
  • Replays are required, if you don't post them / if they aren't public, your games will not count.
Standard Rules and Clauses:
  • General tournament rules and regulations can be found here
  • Species Clause: A player cannot have two Pokémon with the same Pokédex number on his team.
  • Sleep Clause: You cannot inflict sleep upon more than one member of the opposing team.
  • Evasion Clause: The moves Double Team and Minimize are banned.
  • OHKO Clause: The moves Horn Drill, Guillotine, Sheer Cold, and Fissure are banned.
  • Endless Battle Clause: Anything capable of intentionally creating an endless battle is banned.
Round 3

#1 THE_CHUNGLER vs #24 Ming549
#2 hjkhj vs #7 Metallica126
#3 hi.naming is hard vs #6 HoopsspooH
#21 Feliburn vs #20 Master Chief

Good luck to all competitors!
REPLAYS ARE REQUIRED!!!
Round 3 deadline is Sunday, March 24th at 11:59 PM GMT-4!

Last edited:

feen

control
is a Top Tiering Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
#1 THE_CHUNGLER vs #24 Ming549 - Ming has been cooking and I'm a big fan of him now.
#2 hjkhj vs #7 Metallica126 - I'm never predicting against the goat, and while Metallica has been very impressive, I don't think he's at hjkhj's level yet.
#3 hi.naming is hard vs #6 HoopsspooH - I really liked the teams Hoops used, while naming is still a very impressive player, they beat a debuffed eifo and I'm not convinced on them yet. Would be delightfully surprised if they can clutch though.
#21 Feliburn vs #20 Master Chief - Great matchup, both of these goons have been sharing ideas and so this is pretty much an even game. I'm leaning a bit towards rabbit because I know Feli's prone to being a bit tilted due to rng and rabbit has been at the top of his game. This is a 49.5-50.5 for me.

#1 THE_CHUNGLER vs #24 Ming549 - MU of the week for me honestly, new names with strong performance and now they're up against eachother, I don't think I have it in me to predict one over the other, both are amazing players and I'm very excited to watch them play this week, hope we get to see some heat.
#2 hjkhj vs #7 Metallica126 - Again, two excellent players but I've been a big fan of Meta's performance this tour and do not want him to stop just yet.
#3 hi.naming is hard vs #6 HoopsspooH - not convinced on naming either, bolding Hoops for the excellent performance and great teams.
#21 Feliburn vs #20 Master Chief - The strongest Feliburn in history versus the strongest Feliburn of today...

#1 THE_CHUNGLER vs #24 Ming549 - Two of the better newcomers to RU in my opinion, this should shape up to be an awesome set. I think Ming and Chungler are both very creative in the builder and are comfortable with all sorts of team structures, so expect some cool stuff here. 51/49
#2 hjkhj vs #7 Metallica126 - Probably the toughest matchup to call this week, hjkhj showed really good stuff against feen last week, while Meta consistently performs well, too. 55/45
#3 hi.naming is hard vs #6 HoopsspooH - Hoops was awesome last round and felt in control that whole set; naming might be hard, but beating Hoops is gonna be hard too. 55/45
#21 Feliburn vs #20 Master Chief - I think Feli has experimented with stuff lately but all I ever heard from him was that he was nabbing teams from MC... and MC has stayed consistently active in the builder and on ladder. 45/55

Rarelyme

Comfortably Numb
is a Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderator
#1 THE_CHUNGLER vs #24 Ming549 --> This is the best versus the worst seeded player however it surprisingly doesn't feel that easy to predict. Ming showed that he could play pretty much anything and had various interesting ideas in the builder. On the other hand, chungler has been using fairly similar team structures for now with 2 teams including the hippo/moltres/cyclizar core last week so he will have to step out of this comfort zone and bring more variety in his teams, especially knowing that Ming's build style revolves a lot around prepping and trying to counter team his opponent. Gameplay wise, I feel like chungler has a much more solid in game and looks pretty confident against most archetypes. Ming's in game doesn't feel as good to me so I will follow the seeding for this game. 55/45

#2 hjkhj vs #7 Metallica126 --> it appears that I am underestimating hjkhj and I'm sorry but this week I also feel like his opponent is a league above him. Meta plays a lot and definitely has a good grasp of the tier which allows him to be quite hard to prep against knowing this guy could come up with anything in the builder and that it will probably work anyway because his in game is great as well. hjkhj seems to struggle against more offensive teams and still relies on stall at least once so it feels quite abusable to me. 35/65

#3 hi.naming is hard vs #6 HoopsspooH --> I'm all for the chinese sweep lgi. I don't really know each of them that well but I played against gew (hi) for the chinese rupl and he definitely knows what he is doing here so I'm bolding him. Hoop can probably pull it off even if he is less experienced as a player so it should be a fun serie. 55/45

#21 Feliburn vs #20 Master Chief --> spiderman meme feeling on this one, very cool serie and hopefully quite close as well. MC has been somewhat reliant on Feli's teams and ideas for the last few weeks apparently so he might find himself on the back foot here. However let's not forget that he is an experienced player very much capable of successfully prepping against someone and bring some unexpected heat in there. I am still giving an edge to Feli because I feel like he is more well-rounded in the meta atm and should have the best and more effective ideas in the builder to take advantage of his knowledge of MC as a player since they know each other for some time now. The fact that MC has to think about espeon while prepping for this serie cracks me up as well so gl with that chief. 60/40

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)