ORAS OU Rockafeller Skank (First RMT and attempt at balance)

"Wub wub wub wub wub wub wub wub, wubble soomos, wubble soomos."

- Fatboy Slim

Alright, so it turns out that the team I've been playing with mainly exploited residual damage to put opposing mons within KOing range. I decided to take advantage of this by building my own team around residual damage w/ Leech Seed and Stealth Rock damage.

I'm not very good at OU so I decided to revive my old Scrotom core, which it turns out is still totally viable in the ORAS metagame. Scrotom was a natural fit for the attempted core, providing the W in the FWG core, stacking up chip damage with VoltTurn and giving free switches for frail sweepers like Weavile or ones with exploitable weaknesses like Heatran.

The strategy for this team is simple. Weaken opposing Pokemon with Volt Switch/U-Turn, Stealth Rock, Leech Seed and Will-O-Wisp damage to put them in KOing range for Heatran and Weavile, then hard-switch out when the checks for those two switch in.

Left Nut (Scizor) @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 60 Def / 200 SpD
Impish Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn

The first star of the show and a decent pivot. Life Orb/Technician actually deals more damage than Mega Scizor, and I wanted a more offensively oriented team so chose this. I chose Defog over Swords Dance despite Landorus-T because Scizor really isn't designed to stay in. Roost for longevity, Bullet Punch for Mega Diancie who gives this team trouble. U-turn is for pivoting on predicted switches.

Right Nut (Rotom-Wash) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

The great thing about Rotom-W is that 2 gens after the core was invented, it's still effective. Rotom-W, in addition to checking the usual Heatran for Scizor, also checks Talonflame now. Hydro Pump deals with switching-in Excadrill and Heatran. Volt Switch is for pivoting and bulky Waters which Heatran and Scizor can't deal with. Neither can check Azumarill very well, so Rotom-W acts as additional insurance against that guy for M-Venu. Will-O-Wisp is to rack up residual damage and cripple physical sweepers, and Pain Split eases switching.

Poop (Heatran) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 28 HP / 252 SpA / 228 Spe
Timid Nature
- Overheat
- Flash Cannon
- Earth Power
- Stone Edge

Scarftran is pretty crucial to my team, patching up a severe Serperior weakness and giving me some Fire STAB. Overheat is the main move, although the Sp. Atk drop is rather nasty so I've been considering replacing it with Fire Blast. Flash Cannon hits Fairies in case Scizor is down. Earth Power is for opposing Heatran, Volcanion and M-Manectric, and Stone Edge makes it a solid Talonflame/Megazard counter. The given EVs allow it to outspeed Mega Lopunny and Serperior while still maintaining maximum power and some bulk. Heatran also deals with Sableye, taking nothing from Foul Play damage.

Frog (Venusaur) @ Venusaurite
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Leech Seed

M-Venusaur completes my FWG core and takes advantage of me not using up my Mega slot for Scizor. Some people might question the use of Leech Seed on my team, but it's crucial to rack up residual damage with Will-o-Wisp, Stealth Rock and sometimes Pain Split. M-Venusaur does NOT stack Ice and Fire weaknesses with Landorus-T and Weavile/Scizor once Mega Evolved, which makes it an ideal partner, and its remaining weaknesses to Psychic and Flying are easily remedied by teammates. Giga Drain is to take care of bulky Waters that aren't dealt with by Volt Switch, like Unaware Quagsire. Giga Drain also checks Azumarill (the only Fairy that Heatran and Scizor can't check) and Keldeo. Sludge Bomb is for switching-in Talonflames and Hidden Power Fire is to lure in opposing Scizor and Ferrothorn.

Squirrel (Landorus-Therian) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 8 SpD / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stone Edge

Landorus-Therian was put in mainly to check Megazard X, Excadrill and Mega Lopunny, who tear this team apart. He also functions as a Stealth Rock setter, thus completing the residual damage core of Willo/Leech Seed/SR that I built this team around. Landorus-Therian also shuts down physical sweepers nicely with Intimidate. EQ is for STAB and breaks through defensive Heatran variants that can tank a Hydro Pump. U-turn is a backup pivot in case Scizor or Rotom goes down. Stone Edge completes Edgequake coverage.

Icerat (Weavile) @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Pursuit
- Knock Off
- Icicle Crash
- Ice Shard

I use this Weavile set on virtually all of my teams, and it's never disappointed to date. Pursuit trapping punishes switches along with residual damage from Will-o-Wisp. Knock Off destroys mons reliant on Leftovers/Black Sludge recovery. Icicle Crash and Ice Shard are for STAB and deal with opposing Landorus-T/Garchomp for Heatran, who deals with Fairies in return. Ice Shard gives this already fast mon priority. Weavile can't switch in on ANY of the things it hypothetically checks, so it greatly appreciates the VoltTurn support that Scrotom and Landorus give it.

(BTW how do you guys insert sprites?)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)