Rock-Paper-Smogoff! [Won by Snak]

Mathy

I swear I have good sitting posture
is a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Moderator
Hosted by me. Approved by nobody lol
Welcome to (probably) the very first Rock-Paper-Scissors tournament on Smogon! Now you can test your skills at Pokemon Showdown's second most popular challengeable game in a Single Elimination tournament.

"What?" I hear you ask. "Pokemon Showdown only has Pokemon! There's also that shitty UNO game that nobody plays, but that doesn't count."

Nope, this is 100% real. Just try it if you don't believe me.

How does this tour work?
It's simple:
  1. Contact your opponent on their Smogon Wall and decide on a time to shoot.
  2. Type /rps challenge USERNAME in any chat on PS!.
  3. The first player to 10 wins advances to the next round.
Please note:
  • The game has a 10 second timer. If one player inputs and the other doesn't, a point will go to the former.
  • Since RPS doesn't have replays, please save a screenshot of your win. You don't have to post it but keep it handy in case I need proof.
I'll be deferring to the Smogon Tournament Rules and General Guidelines when applicable. DM me with any questions.

How do I sign up?

Just post "in"! The deadline for signups is Sunday, June 5 at 11:59 PM GMT-5. Good luck to all!

Hosted by me. Approved by nobody lol
Welcome to (probably) the very first Rock-Paper-Scissors tournament on Smogon! Now you can test your skills at Pokemon Showdown's second most popular challengeable game in a Single Elimination tournament.

"What?" I hear you ask. "Pokemon Showdown only has Pokemon! There's also that shitty UNO game that nobody plays, but that doesn't count."

Nope, this is 100% real. Just try it if you don't believe me.

How does this tour work?
It's simple:
  1. Contact your opponent on their Smogon Wall and decide on a time to shoot.
  2. Type /rps challenge USERNAME in any chat on PS!.
  3. The first player to 10 wins advances to the next round.
Please note:
  • The game has a 10 second timer. If one player inputs and the other doesn't, a point will go to the former.
  • Since RPS doesn't have replays, please save a screenshot of your win. You don't have to post it but keep it handy in case I need proof.
I'll be deferring to the Smogon Tournament Rules and General Guidelines when applicable. DM me with any questions.

How do I sign up?

Just post "in"! The deadline for signups is Sunday, June 5 at 11:59 PM GMT-5. Good luck to all!
Welcome to the tournament! In by the way

Last edited:

phoopes

I did it again
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
you've clearly never tried it, then. i remember one time i had a whole ass audience when i was down 3-6. i won and everyone clapped. then i was carried off to the ice cream shop and i bought sundaes for everyone
so what I’m hearing is that after a comeback of epic proportions the crowd didn’t even have the decency to buy you ice cream, you got suckered into forking over your own money instead. Sad!

Myzozoa

to find better ways to say what nobody says
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
View attachment 429047

image only slightly doctored gg Myzozoa !! i could feel us counter-countering one another most of the time..
yeah, I felt you really got me by quickly deviating from patterns after the opening, I am not a very re-active type of player in any game and did not prepare much besides deciding I was gonna throw paper a lot. and was hoping you would hesitate about throwing scissors just one more time on the final hand where you sealed the match, but as had been happening all game you surprised me by changing immediately. def an interesting game.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)