Roar Zapdos Paradise!(OU RMT)

Hey, here is an OU team that I have had some success with on shoddy that I thought up in school one day.

My thought process when making this team was to let Zapdos flourish with a lot of entry hazards to support it's roaring antics.

This team contains a lot of hard hitters with a bulkier build, just the way I like it.

At a glance -

The lead:

Gliscor @ Leftovers.
Jolly Nature
Sand Veil
EVs: 204 HP, 88 Attack, 216 Speed.
These attack EVs allow Gliscor to manage a 2HKO on standard lead Metagross and I invested in speed to obviously outpace +speed natured base 90 pokes, so I just dumped the rest in HP to take meteor mashes from Metagross, Iron heads from Rachi, whatever it may be.
~Earthquake
~Stealth Rock
~U turn/Taunt
~Roost
I needed a lead that can put up rocks, and Gliscor mixed in well and I like it, I'm alittle iffy about Roost since the set is crowded, but that is what I have now.

The Supporter:

Forretress @ Shed Shell
Careful Nature
Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP, 4 Defense, 252 Special Defense
The EVs are simple, just for taking special hits.
~Payback
~Rapid Spin
~Spikes
~Toxic Spikes
Good old IPL Forretress, perfect for Zapdos and the rest of the team.
I like switching this guy into Specs Latias if I'm not comfortable going to something else, and can set up all over weaker special attackers, AND physical attackers who don't carry fire moves, it is beautiful.
Rapid spins away the pesky stealth rocks, payback for ghostys trying to prevent that.
Shed shell was chosen since I need the hazards up, and can't risk getting trapped.

Wish Support:

Vaporeon @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
Water Absorb
EVs: 188 HP, 252 Defense, 68 Special attack
The old Vaporeon EV spread, my favorite Vaporeon EV spread, not sure exactly what the special attack EVs guarentee, but the bulk is nice and I can hit some things like Latias for 50 percent.
~Surf
~Ice Beam
~Wish
~Protect
Simple moveset, wish support for Forretress, Ttar and Gliscor.
I prefer ice beam since I have plenty of electric coverage as you will see, and toxic spikes is enough poison I'll need.
This guy is important for Gliscor and bulky grounds that can get past Zapdos.

The Spin Block:

Rotom-H @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
Levitate
EVs: 252 HP, 168 Defense, 88 Speed
This is the standard defensive spread, I'm just running it to combat Gyarados because Zapdos won't like taking boosted stone edges. The speed EVs outspeed adamant Scizor and Tyranitar, yada yada.
~Thunderbolt
~Will O Wisp
~Rest
~Sleep talk
There it is, a sleep talker, I know I could rely on wish support to keep him alive, but I have found him getting status'd a lot, and felt this was indeed needed.
I run thunderbolt over discharge here because I don't like getting parahax on things I would rather have burned, like Metagross or Tyranitar.
Rotom plays an important role, because in one turn I could lose all my entry hazards and then my game plan goes out the window, wouldn't want that to happen.

The Powerhouse:

Tyranitar @ Choice band
Jolly Nature
Sand Stream
EVs: 50, 252 Attack, 208 Speed
Fixed this so I can outpace 88 speed Bold Rotom and OHKO with the crunch.
~Stone Edge
~Crunch
~Pursuit
~Aqua Tail
This is how I get rid of other Zapdos, Scarf Rotom[Sometimes normal Rotom since I can do a lot with a burn on me too],Azelf, Latias and others.
This guy helps out Gliscor with sand veil, and just eliminates stuff I don't want to see. A great stall breaker and good piece of the team.

Finally, the Star:

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
Pressure
EVs: 252 HP, 220 defense, 36 speed
Standard defensive EV spread etc, I love the way he takes hits and just recovers them right back off.
~Thunderbolt
~Roost
~Heat Wave
~Roar

This set can cause havok once spikes and stealth rock are up.
I chose heat wave to deal with Forretress..wouldn't like him ruining everything with a rapid spin when he can be put down in one shot.
Roar is great for breaking apart Blisseys, Snorlax, and a lot of other things.
It is so fun roaring out a Suicune once it thinks it has a free set up.

There is my team, I'll try to get up a threat list, have fun rating.

The only thing I can see hurting a Swampert is Rotom-H, but if that is out, Zapdos is gone.
Swampert is quite threatening, but it is toxic spike set up for Forretress.
Then I can roar it out and just toxic stall it later on, CB crunch has a possibility of being a 2HKO depending on if it has prior damage, Swampert also won't be beating Vaporeon without a critical hit luckily.
But yeah, I can also WoW it with Rotom leaving it completely useless.

Thanks for the "rate".

T-Tar can mess up your Zapdos's Leftover due to Sandstream. Maybe you can change Zapdos to a Gengar. a Life Orb Gengar can deal with Rotom with a Shadow Ball.
Gengar @ Life Orb
Timid
252 Speed/ 4 Def/ 252 Sp. A
-Shadow Ball
-thunderbolt
-Hidden Power Fire (scizor)
-Focus Blast

The SPrinkLer

Banned deucer.
On my stall team, I actually use a quite weird Tyranitar. It's very specially bulky to take out threats like Latias that could otherwise hurt this team badly. Here's the set:

Tyranitar @ Chesto Berry/Lum Berry
Adamant Nature
252 HP/6 Att/252 SpD
-Pursuit
-Stone Edge
-Rest
-Earthquake/Crunch

This set makes a great counter to Rotoms/Latias/ and Heatran thinking they can threaten you. Stone Edge doesn't hurt Heatran enough with those EV's, so Earthquake is suggested. This would also trap Starmie early game, who could potentially screw you over. Good luck with your team!

Change the special attack EV's on Vaporeon to Speed. That allows Vaporeon to outspeed most Skarmory and Choice Band Metagross iirc.

I also recommend changing your Gliscor to Stealth Rock / Earthquake / U-Turn or Taunt / Roost. Gliscor is a pokemon that has several uses outside of being a lead such as being a surefire counter to Lucario, so it needs to be able to survive for a while. U-Turn can be more useful than taunt in many situations, but taunt has it's uses, so that's your decision to make.

Overall, nice team!

Thanks for those three suggestions guys!
I'm especially liking the Ttar, since I am not a big fan of being Will O Wisped.
I think I will take your advice on the Gliscor set as well ;]

This team...nothing special...1/5.

You seem to have a bit of trouble with SD/NP Ape. It can come in on Forrey and sometimes TTar, boost up and just start throwing out STABs with little resistance on the team. You'll have to rely on near perfect prediction to beat it.

Id suggest changing Rotom to a Max HP Scarfer, to make revenging Ape easier, as well as putting Sub over Heat Wave on Zappy. Something like a 248 hp, 180 speed, 80 def for it could work. Forrey can spin your entries but your spikers, etc seems sturdy enough to set them up more than once. And now with Sub on Zappy, you can still beat Forrey 1v1 even if it explodes afterwards without HW.

This team...nothing special...1/5.

You seem to have a bit of trouble with SD/NP Ape. It can come in on Forrey and sometimes TTar, boost up and just start throwing out STABs with little resistance on the team. You'll have to rely on near perfect prediction to beat it.

Id suggest changing Rotom to a Max HP Scarfer, to make revenging Ape easier, as well as putting Sub over Heat Wave on Zappy. Something like a 248 hp, 180 speed, 80 def for it could work. Forrey can spin your entries but your spikers, etc seems sturdy enough to set them up more than once. And now with Sub on Zappy, you can still beat Forrey 1v1 even if it explodes afterwards without HW.
That seems pretty situational for all those changes... Hey BP :p I think the teams solid and even after a NP I don't think ape kills vaporeon (don't quote me on this lol) but zapdos/vappy counter ape.

The SPrinkLer

Banned deucer.
Haha why would you say nothing special, 1/5. It's a solid team.

I just thought of some things to, like Zapdos and Rotom is kinda redundant, and you have no Gyarados, which is a staple on any stall team. I'd replace Zapdos for Gyarados, since both can roar, and Rotom acts as a spin-blocker. Gyaradps also counters Infernape more efficiently than Vaporeon, because Infernape CAN rampage through your team. Try the standard RestTalk Gyarados. I'd also put HP Electric on Vaporeon to make a hard counter to Gyarados, because an offensive version can also rampage through this team with the right support. I'd put it over protect personally, because the other moves are pretty important. Good luck with the team.

Vappy gets OHKOd by a +1 Focus Blast if you have the balls to use it and still takes a nice chunk from a +2 GK. Zapdos isnt gonna like anything Ape throws + SR (if he hasnt spun), NP or not.

Edit: Its an inside joke Sprinkles.

It only takes around 65 percent from +2 LO Grass knot ;]
I'll stay wary of Infernape, however Zapdos and Gliscor are both bulky enough to survive a boosted fire punch.
If I am ever in a situation where they are too low to withstand a hit, then I am in trouble.
I would like to make Rotom a scarfer, believe me, but then it won't be taking Forry paybacks nearly as well anymore.
However I might take that Zapdos idea.

And @ Sprinkles..I wanted to use Zapdos for phazing ;-;

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)