SV OU RMT- Weavile's Revenge(Choice band weavile + Pivot Glowking boots spam balanced offense)

CHAPTER i: Introduction

Paste can be found here

Hello I'm Kastiel(they/them) ^_^ and this is my first ever RMT, and it's for a team that I've been putting a lot of time and work into! For a little backstory, I've always hated the SVOU metagame and that reason was mostly because of the way they massacred Weavile, my favourite SSOU mon. I created this team with the knowledge that most OU mons couldn't take a choice band knock off + a future sight from Slowbro I mean Slowking I mean Glowking. Being able to get a future sight off and secure a safe Weavile switch in is the ultimate goal of this team. However, I soon realized that Weavile would need powerful partners to make up for its shallow move pool and weak defenses. However don't get it twisted, the raw power of future sight and choice band Weavile coupled with set up sweepers like Dragonite and Volcarona is nothing to laugh at.

CHAPTER ii: The 5 Losers + Weavile
weavile.png
dragonite.png
volcarona.png
dondozo.png
slowking-galar.gif
greattusk.png

weavile.gif
choice-band.png

Think u the shit? (Weavile) @ Choice Band
Ability: Pressure
Tera Type: Ice
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Triple Axel
- Ice Shard
- Low Kick

Role/Usage: Weavile is our featured shitmon primary wallbreaker. I always thought Weavile could be good after the Chien-pao ban but now that he has triple axel back (and is the best user of it, f*ck you Meowscarada) it's easily one of the best physical wallbreakers in the meta right now. Usually the most common set for weavile is boots + SD however, I feel as if the raw power a choice band provides more than makes up for the lack of boots and outclasses SD.

Moves: Standard Weavile set ngl to you. Nothing likes coming in on a potential 2HKO from triple axel nor a crippling knock off. Tera ice ice shard OHKO's Non bulky Dragonite, all non tera dragapult variants, and Lando even after intimidate. Low kick is used for mons like Ttar and Gambit. However, to my surprise does not OHKO Heatran.

Weakness: Hazards, water types, Skarmory(screw this guy I want him out of my tier) Iron valiant.

volcarona.gif

u not even da fart (Volcarona) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Flame Body
Tera Type: Grass
EVs: 252 HP / 104 Def / 152 Spe
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Fiery Dance
- Giga Drain
- Morning Sun

Role: The. Special wallbreaker of the team. Volcarona as always, is one of the deadliest mons in the meta rn and is our team's only answer to skarmory who threatens to wall everything(one of our biggest issues). Boots because why wouldn't we.

Moves: Standard bulky quiver dance set, idk what to tell you on this one chief. We run bulky quiver over offensive because our mons already have a hard time sticking around and we don't want to give our enemies a quicker way to kill our main sweeper.

Weakness: Dragonite, Knock off, clod, dozo, rain teams(I am barraskewda's #1 hater).

dondozo.png

GRAHH (Dondozo) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Unaware
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Liquidation
- Body Press
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

ROLE: Physical Unaware Wall. I realized over time that my team loses to fast set up sweepers like volc, moon, d-dance dragonite and pult, as well as many, many, MANY others. But what better way to defeat set up sweepers, than pretending they never set up in the first place?

MOVES: Standard wall stuff. Rest can feel unfair at times towards the opponent, and using its naturally high defense stat, a body press can be a potential 3HKO or 2HKO.

WEAKNESS: Iron valiant, Iron Moth, pretty much every special attacking future paradox ngl. Gholdengo gives us some problems and threatens to trap dozo in the right setting.

greattusk.png

I been goin hard (Great Tusk) @ Booster Energy
Ability: Protosynthesis
Tera Type: Fire
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Headlong Rush
- Knock Off/Ice Spinner
- Close Combat

Role: Hazards clearer and secondary offensive wallbreaker. Hear me out on this guys. Great tusk has great natural bulk and an alright speed stat at 300. ATK booster energy gives it just the boost it needs to secure kills off of rapid spins and threaten to kill many more mons with the powerful knock offs, Headlong Rushes and Close Combats. Tera fire lets it be immune to will o wisp and absorb fairy attacks(Mostly enam).

Weakness: Physical walls, Corv, Skarm etc. Iron valiant(sense a pattern here?)

slowking-galar.gif

Crakhead (Slowking-Galar) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Regenerator
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 252 HP / 16 Def / 240 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Future Sight
- Chilly Reception
- Sludge Bomb
- Thunder Wave

Role: Slowbro replacement lmao. Loosing teleport wasn't too bad tho, Chilly Reception is great when used with weavile. MainlyT-waves and leaves, and will Future Sight on occasion. I haven't touched sludge bomb in a while. Can threaten iron valiant and Zamazenta(potentially).

Weakness: Physically frail, dies to earthquakes, and knock offs alike. Kingambit and Tusk are the opps.

dragonite.png

I no no wanna (Dragonite) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Multiscale
Tera Type: Normal
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Extreme Speed
- Earthquake
- Fire Punch

Role: Being the GOAT. Usually my win condition(Despite weavile being the namesake). Takes shits on half the tier, after a d-dance and tera normal e-speed. Adamant nature for max damage output without d-dance. Fire punch for grass and steel mons, E-speed because... well you know why. Heavy duty boots because multiscale is valuable.

Weakess: The lgbtq community I mean- Fairy types, Bulky fighting mons who won't die to e-speed. Weavile, other ice types, Dragapult, Skeledirge, Pex.

Chapter iii: The Opp List

Iron Valiant

ironvaliant.png

Threatens to out speed and OHKO everything on our team that isn't Volcarona or Glowking(entirely dependant on if it's not running knock off).

Dragonite

dragonite.png

Threatens to, again, outspeed and OHKO Weavile, Volcarona, Glowking, and Tusk.

Skarmory

skarmory.png

When I tell y'all that I hate this bird... Walls all of my mons outside of volcarona. Can set up on everyone. Jesus christ, screw this guy.

CHAPTER iv: Weavile needs YOUR help!

Any help in making this team more consistent, play better against its counters, and even find new counters and weaknesses that I didn't even think abt would be appreciated. Don't let Weavile's revenge end in 1400!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)