Gen 3 RMT-Warning: May contain Piloswines

One day I got bored, so I decided to make a random team. Piloswine somehow ended up in here, and it just steamrolled from there.

Piloswine (M) @ Leftovers ** Oink
Trait: Oblivious
EVs: 44 HP / 252 Atk / 136 Def / 76 SAtk
Naughty Nature (+Atk, -SDef)
- Body Slam
- Earthquake
- Ice Beam
- Roar

Has enough to OHKO any Mence with Ice Beam(He has STAB on it, in case you forgot). Roar is fun when they think they can set up on you. EQ for some nice STAB, and Body Slam for para support.

Xatu (M) @ Choice Band ** Past the Future
Trait: Synchronize
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 SAtk
Hasty Nature (+Spd, -Def)
- Drill Peck
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Steel Wing

With CB(and no +atk nature), he gets 374 atk, which is more than enough to do some damage. Psychic helps me keep him a surprise until later.

Relicanth (M) @ Leftovers ** Living Fossil
Trait: Rock Head
EVs: 172 HP / 144 Atk / 188 Def / 4 Spd
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Double-Edge
- Psych Up
- Rock Slide
- Yawn

Wanted an normal resist, and decided to go for Relicanth. Psych Up hasn't been terribly useful, and I'm considering replacing it with EQ.

Grumpig (M) @ Leftovers ** Oink
Trait: Thick Fat
EVs: 204 HP / 200 Spd / 104 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Fire Punch
- Psychic
- Substitute

Special wall and CMer. Steels and Celery give me trouble, so I went for Fire Punch.

Parasect (M) @ Leftovers ** Parasex
Trait: Effect Spore
EVs: 236 HP / 76 Def / 196 SDef
Brave Nature (+Atk, -Spd)
- Hidden Power [Bug]
- Sludge Bomb
- Spore
- Giga Drain

Don't knock it, he deals with my major problems with Grass and Ground moves, as well as eating up Leech Seeds from Grassers and responding back with HP Bug. I haven't really found the time to Swords Dance. EDIT: I've changed his nature to -spd and put Giga Drain over Swords Dance since Pert gives me problems. I'm not looking to OHKO the sucker, but wit STAB, I can get enough HP to consistently survive Ice Beams.

Ampharos (M) @ Leftovers ** Ba-a-a-a-ah!
Trait: Static
EVs: 252 Atk / 216 SAtk / 40 SDef
Quiet Nature (+SAtk, -Spd)
- Focus Punch
- Heal Bell
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Thunderbolt

Cleric and mixed attacker. My prediction skills are up to par, so I can use FP with no sub.

How is it? It's actually won it's fair share of battle. Which was surprising to me, to the say the least.

Wait, so you use an NU/UU team to battle OUs? ._.

Anyway, since I have no idea how to rate a team when it's oriented as such, I'll just say that you may have Tar problems.

Yes.

And it works pretty well.

Ttar does give me trouble, but between Parasect bringing on Spores, Piloswine launching STAB EQs off of 328 atk, and Xatu slamming it with Steel Wings, he's taken down reletively quickly.

Usually, those things alone don't bring him down, but people tend to drop their guard against my team.

Heracross rips this team apart, barring Xatu, which should scare it away, but with Xatu's weaknesses and no healing options, it's life will be short. You might want a defensive Gligar to take care of that.

I use 101 Subs on my Piloswine, which I use in an UUvsOU team. If it gets a Sub up, nothing can take cover from EQ/RS/IB combination. It also likes to switch in on Blissey.

You already have Roar for phazing and a 100% Sleep move, so what exactly is the point with Yawn On Relicanth?

Grumpig is wasting it's defensive capabilities with that amount of Speed.

You will also need something to wall Mence/Gyarados. I'd go Walrein (Rest/STalk/IB/HP Electric) over Relincath as it's really doing nothing that much.

Piloswine (M) @ Leftovers ** Oink
Trait: Oblivious
EVs: 44 HP / 252 Atk / 136 Def / 76 SAtk
Naughty Nature (+Atk, -SDef)
- Body Slam
- Earthquake
- Ice Beam
- Roar

Might want Rock Slide for Gyarados

Xatu (M) @ Choice Band ** Past the Future
Trait: Synchronize
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 SAtk
Hasty Nature (+Spd, -Def)
- Drill Peck
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Steel Wing

This is really really crappy and makes your Tyranitar weak even worse with Grumpig also. Atleast put HP Fighting on it, or even Ground. Over the even more crappier Steel Wing.

Relicanth (M) @ Leftovers ** Living Fossil
Trait: Rock Head
EVs: 172 HP / 144 Atk / 188 Def / 4 Spd
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Double-Edge
- Psych Up
- Rock Slide
- Yawn

Uhmm Yawn with Spore on the same team, ok

Grumpig (M) @ Leftovers ** Oink
Trait: Thick Fat
EVs: 204 HP / 200 Spd / 104 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Fire Punch
- Psychic
- Substitute

Max hp then add special defense EVs, it has the exact same effect as special defense, except it helps against physical as well. ''MAX LEFTOVERS'' recovery is so horribly overrated and never works ok.

Parasect (M) @ Leftovers ** Parasex
Trait: Effect Spore
EVs: 236 HP / 76 Def / 196 SDef
Brave Nature (+Atk, -Spd)
- Hidden Power [Bug]
- Sludge Bomb
- Spore
- Giga Drain

What does Sludge Bomb hit what HP Bug doesn't? Stun Spore threatens Flying types so much more.

Ampharos (M) @ Leftovers ** Ba-a-a-a-ah!
Trait: Static
EVs: 252 Atk / 216 SAtk / 40 SDef
Quiet Nature (+SAtk, -Spd)
- Focus Punch
- Heal Bell
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Thunderbolt

This loses one on one vs Blissey like the rest of your team so sub is recommended. You can slap Aromatherapy on Parasect but you don't need it as nothing uses Rest.

If you are gonna use this in OU, Ttar, Heracross and most other standards will rips through this, these pokemon are NU/UU for a reason

If you are gonna use this in OU, Ttar, Heracross and most other standards will rips through this, these pokemon are NU/UU for a reason
To be honest, repeating what other people said and stating something obvious without giving any help doesn't make your post look exactly intelligent. Not to mention that the post isn't worthwhile reading if it is like that.

If the guy wants to try out something not bog standard, then why not just let him do so and give instructions instead of bashing the thread with a useless post.

Echo: Eh, I've dealt with Hera well enough. Mostly improvised my way around him with Relicanth Yawns and some predicting.

Piloswine: I'll try out a 101 HP sub Piloswine. And put Rock Slide over Body Slam.

Relicanth: True. But if I get rid of Roar on Pilo, I'll need it then.

Grumpig: That speed lets me sub before something like a Leech Seed or Twave, which is important. I've used Grumpig in the past, and I like speed on mine.

I am not getting rid of Relicanth. Becuase if I do, I now lack a normal/flying resist. Which means stuff like CBtauros can now obliterate my entire team.

Slobroking:

Piloswine: Yeah, Rock Slide would help, now that you mention it.

Xatu: Considered HP Fighting, but was worried about losing some speed. But I one of the main reasons I had that much speed was to out speed Modest Gar for the OHKO(for the most part, people rarely give him a 252/252/6 spread). But one less stat point in speed wouldn't make much of a difference.

Relicanth: Yeah, it seems pretty redudant to me. Any suggestions?

Grumpig: I'll do that. Makes sense.

Parasect: Sure double powder won't give me conflicting status problems? Eh, I don't use SB much anyways. So sure, I'll make the change.

Ampharos: I'd rather not lose Heal Bell, could I put sub over HP grass? Parasect can switch into an EQ and Giga Drain after the Ice Beam.

SkarmBlissCounter: On an extreme multitude of occasions have I beaten OU teams with BL/UU/NU pokes. So either contribute something meaningful to the topic, or leave.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)