RMT. Thanks. :)

Malfunction

nice desu ne
Ok. I've updated my very last team. All what I want to do is ask you to rate it.

The team at a glance:

Now on to the team.

Gengar (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 96 HP/162 Spd/252 SAtk
Modest nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Thunderbolt
---
Starter. Scarfer and all out attacker. I chose Thunderbolt over hypnosis to hit these DD gyarados.

Forretress (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP/162 Atk/96 Def
Relaxed nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Explosion
- Gyro Ball
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
The physical wall. I choose both spikes and SR so that suicune (see below) roars a lot and harms a lot. Gyro ball super fast pokemon, and rapid spin to spin :P. What else do I have to say?

Suicune @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/4 SAtk
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Surf
- Roar
- Rest
- Calm Mind
The main strategy of using this bulky water is CM and Roar, then sweep when possible. With SR and Toxic spikes set up, roar can help in both giving damage and hazing.

Deoxys-e @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 120 Atk/116 Spd/252 SAtk
Hasty nature (+Spd, -Def)
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Superpower
- Ice Beam
With It's awesome speed, this thing is created to sweep. The analysis set. Nothing more.

Metagross @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 152 HP/252 Atk/104 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Agility
- Explosion
- Earthquake
- Meteor Mash
---
Simple. Agilty when you can, then sweep with MM. The only troubling things that come up are flying type pogeys. Boom when finished. With what item shall I go? Shuca or Lefties?

Salamence @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 180 Def / 76 Spe
Jolly nature (+Spe, - SpA)
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Roost
---
Defensive DDmence. Can take some hits from the likes of heracross and lucarios, roost off damage, set up with DD when possible, and proceed to sweep.

Please note that this way, I have no way to inflict status on opponents :S

So, that's basically it! Please help if you see anything, and thanks for reading this!

Venom

red eyes no visine
is a Team Rater Alumnus
I would actually suggest Rapid Spin on Fortress, Stealth Rock is going to kill Salamence, and Spikes and Toxic Spikes always end up killing you slowly, so I would reconsider Rapid Spin on Fortress. You should probably try Hypnosis over Destiny Bond, or Thunderbolt to hit Gyarados that become danger as leads or after some DD's, either one over Destiny Bond since I don't think there is space for Destiny Bond on Scarfed Gengar tbh. I would stick with Ice Beam on Deoxys, you have enough to outspeed Garchomp, but the Yache Chomp variants will end up killing you so it's your choice.

I guess CM Suicune counters MixApe, although I'm not really sure. I would not consider Fortress a "Physical Wall", as it's unable to stop big blows from pokemon like Heracross. You could just simply run a Defensive DD Salamence to fix this, but if you think you can handle Heracross, it's all up to you, but I would strongly suggest for you to fit Earthquake and Rapid Spin somewhere on there to handle Tyranitar and keeping the team rocks free and spikes too.

Venom

red eyes no visine
is a Team Rater Alumnus
If Skarmory can't survive the most common Heracross, CB Heracross, what makes you think Fortress can? 574 Atk vs 416 Def & 354 HP (120 base power): 178 - 211 (50.28% - 59.6%): That's CB Heracross vs Fortress, which is a 2HKO, which if I recall correctly, this isn't a "counter", so learn your facts before trying to tell me I'm wrong.

Caelum

qibz official stalker
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Agreeing with Venom that physical Lucario, Hercross, etc. cause you some big problems (well Adamant Versions) and agree that Salamence needs to be more defensive. Try something like this out,

Salamence @ Life Orb / Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 180 Def / 76 Spe
Jolly nature (+Spe, - SpA)
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Roost

Outruns Adamant Heracross/Lucario, can come in on the Close Combat with ease (even Stone Edge but obviously less so) and outrun them and using Roost to recover the damage and weakening the power of Stone Edge. I think it'll help the team out.

Also, I'd drop something for Rapid Spin on Forry, possible Explosion? This team doesn't really like Spikes or Toxic Spikes. Also, because you are planning to Roar things around with Suicune, consider Spikes > Toxic Spikes for the immediate entry damage.

This team as it is utterly hates DD Gyara, one DD could spell you doom. I'd recommend dumping Shadow Ball on D-E and replacing that with Thunderbolt so you can at least keep Gyara in check. Since you aren't running Shadow Ball, probably, there is no reason for you to speed tie with other D-E so maximum speed isn't necessary so I'd just run 160 speed EVs to outrun Modest Scarf Gengar, maximum speed attack, and then the rest in attack. Also, Naive > Hasty since most priority moves are physical.

Not a full rate but I hope I helped a little ^_^.

Venom

red eyes no visine
is a Team Rater Alumnus
Uh here in Smogon we post helpful sutff, whatever it is, and if you don't like a certain set / pokemon then you shouldn't be posting in the RMTs. Gengar is OHKO'd by a Lucario's Bullet Punch after a Sword Dance, which is the one of the most popular moves on SD Lucario, and thanks Caelum for posting the set, I was looking for it lol

Malfunction

nice desu ne
OK, thanks guys, I'll make salamence more defensive. And I'll go with lefties, right?
Now, suppose i take out DB on gengar and replace it with thunderbolt. I won't really need thunderbolt on Deoxys-S now. Also, on Forry, I'll drop explosion and replace it the rapid spin. And now, do I really need to edit anything else?
Thanks for all your help guys. I'll edit them out now ;)

EDIT: Fixed everything.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)