RMT - Team Semi Perfect Offense :P

Ok so the title doesnt complement my username, well get over it. So here is my RMT. On second thought this team is so far, for me "team perfect" This team has no SR weakness which is useful and it balances out the weaknesses and resistances easily. Enjoy

Team Building:

For this team i really wanted to base it around Machamp because of no guard and dynamic punch.

Next i needed a physic counter that switches into Machamp constantly, so i used scizor because of its powerful pursuits.

I then looked at a partner for scizor, so from previous teams i went with my usual scizor partner: heatran.

After heatran i need a ground resist, but i also wanted to continue with my offense, so i used Latias! ^_^

Now i looked for a counter to water types especially vaporeon which is a pain is the @ss. I used my favourite evee evolution: Jolteon!

Finally i needed a lead that can set up SR but can deal with Swampert, which up until now is a pain in the @ss i vouched for the celebi lead.

A closer look:

Green Giant

EV's: 76HP 180Spe 252SpA
Nature: Modest
Item: Occa Berry
Moveset:

Leaf Storm
Earth Power
Stealth Rock
U-Turn

Let me start off with this: i personally have no real use for occa berry because i usually set up SR and gtfo against heatran and Infernape so i can switch into my heatran and get the flash fire boost, so should i use leftovers to prolong its life? Aside from that this is a very solid lead that guarantees SR up. Aside from getting SR up, it can also come back mid - late game and sweep with earth power or leafstorm. Most swampert leads expect a Leaf Storm, so they protect and i get to set up SR ^_^ then i leaf storm when they attempt to attack or set up their own SR which results in a OHKO for me ^_^. Other leads are also destroyed by this little pixie. Also he is my status absorber which is very useful.

Roids Man

EV's: 252Hp 252Atk 4Spe
Nature: Adamant
Item: Leftovers
Moveset:

Dynamic Punch
Ice Punch
Rest
Sleep Talk

Ah yes! My team revolves around him. He is a beast! Dynamic punch is my main STAB and dents lots of pokes and also spreads confusion ^_^ which is very nice. Rest lets me take hits and sleep talk allows me to attack. I chose ice punch in the last attack slot because my team was a bit Mence, Flygon, etc. weak and ice punch destroys ground types and grass types. I just love this set because it really annoys the enemy when machamp kills 4 of their pokes befores he's taken down ^_^ (this has happened several times). I think the nickname i gave him suits him very well ^_^.

Metal Bug

EV's: 248Hp 252Atk 8Spe
Nature: Adamant
Item: Choice Band
Moveset:

Bullet Punch
Superpower
Pursuit
U-Turn

CB zor is my revenge killer and fitting for the role because he resists physic and destroys the physic or ghost that tried to kill my machamp with either pursuit or u-turn, i just love playing mind games with my opponents with him ^_^. He checks a lot of big OU threats. He is also my way of checking physic types that attempt to switch into my Machamp.

Lava Monster

EV's: 4Atk 252Spe 252SpA
Nature: Naive
Item: Choice Scarf
Moveset:

Fire Blast
Earth Power
Explosion
Dragon Pulse

My second revenge killer. He takes the fire attacks aimed at my scizor and he can literally fire blast his way through enemies, with a flash fire boost, heatran can 2HKO vaporeon assuming they switched in vaporeon when i fire blasted. He also takes down steel types and grass types with STAB fire blast, earthpower lets me OHKO non-choiced scarfed heatran and Nape.

Red Blurr

EV's: 4Hp 252Spe 252SpA
Nature: Timid
Item:Life Orb
Moveset:

Calm Mind
Surf
Dragon Pulse
Recover

Offensive CM latias, she completely destroys a team with either surf or dragon pulse. i will usually switch latias into a poke that will switch, use CM and sweep accordingly to the switch in. She is also my mid and late game sweeper after Scizor and Heatran have had their fun. Recover lets her heal off life orb damage as well as prolong her carnage ^_^

Yellow Fox

EV's: 64Hp 252Spe 192SpA
Nature: Timid
Item: Leftovers
Moveset:

Substitute
Wish
Thunderbolt
Shadow Ball

Now, some people may think this team is weird, but let me assure you he is very vital to keeping my team healthy as well as keeping water types at bay. Wish makes him a team player as well as a sweeper. He is dangerous when behind a sub because i have three choices: attack with STAB Thunderbolt or shadow ball or wish to heal myself, or wish to heal my teamates. He ties up all the loose ends on my team and people usually suspect a sweeper from him, but then when i wish they are surprised and that also prolongs his reign and also my sweepers reign ^_^

Well this wraps up my RMT and also special thanx to KidX for helping me make this team.

A few nitpicks: Won't Heatran or Infernape lead annihilate Celebi when you SR? I'm not saying they're something you have to deal with often as they aren't that common but you say you plan to SR when they come in any that leaves me a bit confused. Machamp is a cool poke I agree. A very small detail: You can't "spread" confusion. Might want to change that. That aside, I don't very often see RestTalk Machamp despite it being the first entry on the smogon strategydex. I always find Rest Talk rather unreliable but with Machamp's bulk it could work. Individually the pokes seem pretty solid. I don't see much synergy between the movesets but the poke choice and typing of each poke cover the next very well. Can you try to expand on how your team works as a whole and what it does? Even if it's "you know what all offensive teams do..." please still explain a bit on what that is. Your team doesn't have any typing holes as the weaknesses are pretty spread out with a good amount of resistances and a couple of common but nevertheless useful immunities so that's good. I don't see any real holes actually but then again I might have missed something. Hope this helped!

Change Celebi to choice scarf with this moveset:

Leaf Storm
Trick
Stealth Rock
U-Turn

This way you can trick a scarf onto other stealth rock leads, forcing them to switch while you freely stealth rock and have the advantage by crippling their lead. With any dangerous threats you may U-Turn out to a counter. Trick may also be used later on to stop a stall.

I actually run a team similar to this one, I use RestTalk Machamp too. Just a warning about using Machamp against dragons; unless you use Ice Punch as they switch in, you will probably lose Machamp. But since you have Scizor and probably Jolteon to revenge, I doubt it will be much of a problem. I run Payback instead since Ghosts constantly switch in to Machamp, but if Ice Punch works, then more power to you.

Also, you've got 4 EVs missing on Scizor.
Anyway, good team, and good luck!

Because the prevalence of U-turn leads, and celebi's inability to touch Scizor as it hits it with a super powerful pursuit or u-turn, I recommend Jirachi instead of Celebi.

-Iron Head
-U-turn
-Trick
-Stealth Rock

Iron Head x2 beats Azelf, Aerodactyl, TTar, Abomasnow, Roserade, and ninjask's (to name a few) standard lead sets with just flinch. It messes up leads such as swampert and hippowdon as well. Jirachi will help your synergy aswell as being a better lead, helping stopping status lead and suicide leads (although you don't really have a SR weakness it's always nice to keep it off the field.)

As a side note I would run payback over ice punch, and hidden power ice on heatran, whichs KOs dragons from Flygon (heatran outruns choice band, but not choice carf, so try and guess which one it is before you try to hit him and eat an earthquake) all the way to bulky Dragonite after stealth rock damage, and KO gliscor.

believe it or not but i used this team without any changes and my winning percent from what i can tell is about 75-80% when i use this team, this is definately one of my best teams yet. ^_^

Not a bad team.

However, you lack any real defense at all. This team isn't Hyper-Offensive enough to warrant the lack of bulk, either. I suggest moving Heatran to your lead spot and giving Celebi this spread:

Celebi @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 220 Def / 36 Spe
Bold Nature
Recover / Grass Knot / HP Fire / Thunder Wave

Also, Jolteon's spot may be of better use as something. If you need a water check, Rest Talk Rotom-A might do you good.

Finally, I will always suggest Substitute Machamp over Rest Talk any day of the week but I understand some people find Rest Talk more useful.

You are very Gyarados weak. LO Jolly DD Gyarados will beat your team, considering you have Scizor and Machamp that can't do anything to it, as well as a non-defensive Celebi. The easiest way to fix this is to slot Vaporeon over Jolteon. Not only do you still have Wish support, but you also gain more defense and a solid Gyarados counter via HP Electric.

I would also run Payback over Ice Punch on Machamp. Getting rid of Rotom early-game allows Scizor to do much more damage. Payback + Dynamicpunch Machamp gives stall teams trouble too, and since you don't really have a dedicated wall-breaker on this team, any advantage against stall will help.

Everything else is pretty decent.

Ninahaza

You'll always be a part of me
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
hmmm how do you counter this team, also for 6 pokemon coverage how do you guys ussually decide your 4 because u dont get to have any info on your opponent unless its after the finalists lounge and u did some investigating with friends who were watching outside

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)