Gen 5 [RMT] Spooky Scary Sandstorms

Plasmanta

Banned deucer.
Recently I made a BW OU team and have been doing well. My rank is fairly shitty due to an inactive ladder and 4 hax games in a row <_< so I'll leave the rank part out of it. This is an offensive type sand-team I made about a week ago. Let's hop right in!

Tyranitar @ Focus Sash
Ability: Sand Stream
Quiet
Evs: 252 hp / 4 satk / 252 atk
-Fire Blast
-Stone Edge
-Stealth Rock
-Pursuit

Tyranitar is the leading physical force on my team. The Focus Sash guarantees one attack, whether that be Stealth Rock or Stone Edge. Rocks allow me to hit certain weaknesses on the team, such as Volcarona at late game, Sashed mons, etc. Fire Blast over something like DD/EQ/Low Kick because it can get a nice 2HKO on a Skarmory, where as my other moves do sqaut. Pursuit gives a general advantage on a lead set, and there's nothing crunch KOs that pursuit cant that I need to KO.

Garchomp @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Rough Skin
Naughty
EVs: 252 speed / 4 satk / 252 atk
-Fire Blast
-Earthquake
-Stone Edge
-Outrage

Garchomp is the other half of my physical offense. Also half of my scarf core, Garchomp allows the offensive threat of a superior revenge killer. Fire Blast to get hits on Skarmory, Ferrothorn, Forretress, and Scizor. Outrage is more powerful, but does give me the downside of being locked into it for 2-3 turns. As for Garchomp's purpose, it's mainly to get a cheap hit-n-run or late game cleanup sweep.

Rotom-W @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
Modest
EVs: 196 speed / 252 satk / 60 hp
-Trick
-Volt Switch
-Hydro Pump
-Thunderbolt

Rotom-w, the other half of my scarf core, is a crucial Pokemon in this team. It also servers as a back up lead, tricking scarf onto hazards setters such as Ferrothorn and Forretress. Hydro Pump serves as the powerful revenge killer choice. Volt Switch is my hit-n-run stab option, and Thunderbolt is a stronger STAB option.

HEATRAN ON A BALLOOOOON @ Air Balloon
Ability: Flash Fire
Modest
Evs: 252 hp / 252 satk / 4 sdef
-Fire Blast
-Earth Power
-Roar
-Hidden Power Grass

Heatran is my bulkiest special attacker. The Air Balloon allows for frustrating double switches on certain Pokemon, and Flash Fire boosts my immunity list. Fire Blast is my primary STAB, Earth Power is my choice to hit mons like Tyranitar or opposing Heatran. Roar is a phazer option that annoys set up sweepers like Volcarona. HP Grass is mainly on Heatran because I have no other check to Gastrodon.

Alakazam @ Focus Sash
Ability: Magic Guard
Timid
EVs: 252 satk / 252 spe / 4 sdef
-Calm Mind
-Psyshock
-Focus Blast
-Shadow Ball

Alakazam is my more fragile, offensive special attacker. Magic Guard and sash together allow for a wide range of switch in opportunities. Calm Mind takes advantage of forced switches and the sash. Psyshock is my primary STAB, chosen over Psychic so that I can hit Blissey better. Focus Blast hits Dark-types such as Tyranitar or Hydreigon. Shadow Ball is a cheap way of sniping weak psychics / low hp psychics such as Celebi or Starmie.

Gengar @ Black Sludge
Ability: Levitate
Timid
EVs: 252 Satk / 252 Spe / 4 sdef
-Substitute
-Shadow Ball
-Focus Blast
-Sludge Wave

And finishing off the team, is trusty Gengar. Substitute takes advantage of forced switches and allows me to get an extra hit on a threat I normally wouldnt. (Scarftar, Zam, Latias) Shadow Ball is a primary STAB attack, hitting a plethora of mons for good damage. Focus Blast hits the darks Shadow Ball or Sludge Wave can't. Black Sludge over sash because sand team.

And that is my BW OU team. I'm new to the tier, so this probably isn't impressive. Any level of criticism is welcome, just make sure to keep it short and sweet. Thanks!

Some advices i can give you:

• If you are playing a clear sky team (tyranitar sash is not a viable source of weather imo), be sure to check rain and sun really well (and stoutland in sand if you can), amoonguss/ specially defensive rotom-w / gastrodon / jellicent / ferrothorn are pretty good checks to rain teams and you have heatran for sun, which could be enough imo, but be careful because a lot of suns teams are based around destroying heatran, a back-up check is not a necessity but it's always nice.
  • "Leading" as in "having a pokemon which gonna have the role of a lead every battle" is not really viable with the team preview mechanics, for example terrakion lead is awful for you, taunting ttar and you won't do anything to him. Having a more "flexible" mons to lead with is a good thing, rotom-w is the best non-sr lead i can think off in BW2, but i'll talk about it later. Garchomp is the best SR setter in the game, so you should go for it.
  • You don't seem to get what "revenge killing" means, a revenge killer is used to deal with mons that you know you won't deal with without this scarf, just having a "fast team". And being locked won't help you dealing with the mons you mentionned, for example ferrothorn under the rain can easily pp wast, fire blast won't do anything, and protect-seed is a nobrainer against scarfchomp locked into fire blast. Use scarf mons if you know what to revenge kill and not because they are fast. Rotom-w is also really frail without a good hp / def / spD investement, and since it's your only water resist, you'll be 2HKOed easily by thing like specs hurricane from Tornadus-i or maybe even Hydro pump from Specs politoed, and you don't even have leftovers to give you a little heatlh back from those blows. You also seems to be somewhat of a beginner so i don't agree 100% with the idea of having a "if i predict like a demigod it will be a good set" type of mon.
  • As I said before, scarfchomp and rotom-w are revenge killers, but you are using alakazam, a mon known as being a back-up revenge killer with his ability to always survivre a hit with focus sash and kill something. You have 3 revenge killer but you don't really know what to revenge kill, it's a bit of a problem. Also, alakazam should be played Psychic or psyshock (psychic is better imo) / Focus blast / Shadow ball or Signal beam(celebi) / Hidden power ice, calm mind+psyshock is not worth it, you don't have time for that.
  • Gengar+Alakazam is a good core but you got the set wrong, gengar is paired with zam because of the "weak to jirachi/scizor" type of synergy they have together: Gengar is used to lure them with a Substitute / Will-o-wisp / Shadow ball / Focus blast, giving Alakazam an easier chance of cleaning the team . I wouldn't recommend this core in an offense btw, it's a bit more of a balanced-based core than anything, but maybe it's my opinion, alakazam is playable in offense though.
Hope i helped!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)