RMT something OU

So this is one of my old teams, that I really liked and used way too much. I made it right on the dawn of english platinum, and recently it has not been performing the way it used to. So some suggestions would help. Anyways here it is:

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Jolly 252 atk, 176 spd, 80 hp
~Iron Head
~Fire Punch
~Ice Punch/Thunder Punch
~U-Turn
Who doesnt love jirachi, alot of ppl, but its nice. I never really cared for it being an anti-lead, so having it as more of a revenge killer/sweeper works fine. So iron head flinches shit to death, fire punch for steels (mainly scizor), ice punch is for mence, but since I have starmie and pert for that, thunder punch for waters and fliers works out better usually. U-Turn helps me scout.

Clefable @ leftovers
Calm 252 hp, 252 sp def, 6 spd
~Seismic Toss
~Softboiled
~T-Wave
~Reflect
Before you say anything, yes its a clefable, yes blissey is superior. I made this team when I was in that "blissey must die" phaze. Although it remains in my team for the purpose of reflecting. It has proven a helpful assett, which blissey cannot carry. However, if reflect doesnt seem so necissary, by all means just consider this a blissey. I would just need a move to put there. Anyways, softboiled for healing, t-wave provides helpful para support, and works well with jirachi iron heading. Seismic toss for some damage to anything but ghosts.

Swampert @ Leftovers
Relaxed 240 hp, 216 def, 52 sp atk
~Ice Beam
~Earthquake
~Roar
~Stealth Rock
Yep the standard mixpert. So he lays up my rocks, roars anything that tries to setup, although if gyara comes it doesnt work, but my next poke solves that. So ice beam is for dragons and grass (cuz im crazy enough to stay in on them), and eq for STAB.

Starmie @ Choice Scarf
Modest 252 sp atk, 252 spd, 6 hp
~Surf
~Ice Beam
~Thunderbolt
~Psychic/Grass Knot/HP Fire
So its a scarf starmie, most ppl will say wtf but i will just say stfu. So with the scare of mence and gyara these days, this revenge kills them perfectly. So boltbeam cant be denied, surf provides STAB, and last slot im not sure. Psychic provides a 2nd STAB, GK gives me a move against ttar, and hp fire helps to kill scizor. Most of the time I go for psychic for scouting out. A very useful revenge killer.

Infernape @ Life Orb
Naive 232 sp atk, 252 spd, 24 atk
~Flamethrower/Fire Blast
~Grass Knot
~HP Ice
~Close Combat
Its mixape, but I'm running an old spread on it. Would the newer one be that much better, I'm curious, but havent tried it. Anyways, most of the time I go for fire blast, as the accurracy doesn't hurt all that much. Grass knot for pert and other bulky waters that might be low enough to be killed off, HP ice for any dragons that try to come in, and CC for T-Tar and blissey.

Honchkrow @ Life Orb
Naive 224 atk, 48 sp atk, 236 spd
~Sucker Punch
~Heat Wave
~SuperPower
~Drill Peck
Honchkrow is one of those unsung heros that can work even though its in a lower tier. With sucker punch, it can catch any weak poke and kill it off. Heat wave hits steels and grasses that might take physical hits better than special. SuperPower kills heatran and blissey, and also T-Tar. Drill Peck is for second STAB, there to hit fighters, bugs, and grasses.

So thats it, suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Overall, I think this team is "okay" I think you should take out honchcrow and put something more tankish. Also, your team isnt gonna like Stealth Rocks, (besides Clefable). Basically your team is sweepers and your only back up is your clefable. And you should put your Starmie a rapid spinner. Reason why? it is because,(Just Imagine) if they set up Stealth rocks, 3 Spikes, and 2 Toxic Spikes.. Your whole team is done. Your team cannot take that. Also your team cannot take an EQ, you only have 1 flyer and that wont do since its a sweeper. This wont last in a OU match with a Sand Storm team.. I can keep going on more but i dont feel like it. lol

anyways good luck with that team xD

well like what would work over it, like coverage wise, cuz idk what really could

but if starmie turns into a spinner i would lose a very helpful revenge killer, its like really good. I could put spin over psychic, but then everyone would say no thats bad

The team is nice because there are barely any common weaknesses. However, I do have suggestions:

-The Swampert should have Waterfall rather than Ice Beam. Waterfall is physical and has STAB, thus making it stronger than Ice Beam. Also, I think you have too many ice-attack users (Starmie's Ice Beam and Infernape's HP Ice), but if dragons are a threat to you, then by all means slap Ice Beam onto Swampert.

-I think you have too many fire attacks (this is just in my opinion). Infernape should keep his fire attack for obvious STAB and Honchkrow should keep Heat Wave for type coverage, which leads to Jirachi getting rid of Fire Punch. If Jirachi is a pure revenge killer, then keep FP. Otherwise, I think Thunder Wave would be sort of nice (although your Clefable has it, giving it to Jirachi will save you a switch-out) in combination with Iron Head and Serene Grace.

EDIT: skizoo, I doubt that any player would have THAT much time to set up a Stealth Rock, 3 Spikes, and 2 Toxic Spikes. I mean, there's only one Pokemon that will not like Stealth Rock and 3 that resist it...

Yea this is actually one of the best teams I have made, just having trouble getting it to work as of late, either its me or the metagame is just shifting a bit more then i thought it was.

Well what extra coverage would that offer me, a chance to hit fire types that are hurt badly by EQ anyways, maybe hit those pesky rocks that have high defense that surf would hit better, or the grounds that again, surf hits harder. I do think that surf could be a viable option though.

Well jirachi is that, and also helps for scizor killage, which if infernape is down, might be harder to accomplish. And if i put t-wave on, then i would have to change jirachi entirely, which might not be bad, but lose a bit of revenging.

@ danilyu. Anyone has time to do all that. Trust I know because I play OU all the Time. Even i get that from a battler. With a Sand Storm team with all stalls, hes done right away..

For example.
Skarmory, Swampert, Hippowden, blissey, cressilla, tentacruel.

Skarmory will do 3 Spikes, tentacruel will do 2 Toxic spikes with it having rapid spin, and a hippdowden with stealth rocks.. and Once it gets they do Roar, His team is finished. But it all depends on predictions. anyways good luck

uuummm if both of you forget, only 3 of either type of spikes can be set-up, which means you could have rocks, 2 spikes and 1 TS, or 3 spikes, or 2 TS and 1 spike

uuummm if both of you forget, only 3 of either type of spikes can be set-up, which means you could have rocks, 2 spikes and 1 TS, or 3 spikes, or 2 TS and 1 spike
Nope. You can set up 3 spikes, rocks, and 2 toxic spikes. It happened, so I know (thankfully, it was I who did it in Battle Frontier).

Nope. You can set up 3 spikes, rocks, and 2 toxic spikes. It happened, so I know (thankfully, it was I who did it in Battle Frontier).
what, really, when did this happen, i always thought it was 3 total, ah well, guess i actually learned today

lol yea its 3 spikes, 1 stealth rock, and 2 toxic spikes. so take out honchrow and put like Bronzong, or Zapdos. and put starmie a spinner

isnt there anything better to fill that tank spot, just that might have a somewhat similar movepool or coverage as krow

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)