Gen 4 RMT OU 4th Gen Rank (1505) 167 Top Ranked EG VanZ

Hi, my name is Vanz, and I'm from northern Mexico. I'd like to share my Rank OU 4th Generation team with you. The team is a balanced lineup consisting of Breloom, Tyranitar, Metagross, Suicune, Dragonite, and Jirachi. As for the best starter,

Top 150 Ladder.PNG

Before you begin reading, I apologize for my basic English, as it is not my native language and I still struggle a bit. I hope you understand and enjoy it. Thank you very much.

Breloom: It's ideal to start with Breloom because of its Focus Band and the Effect Spore ability. This combination allows you to inflict status conditions such as sleep, paralysis, or poisoning on opposing Pokémon. Superpower is effective for KO lead Pokémon like Tyranitar or Heatran. Additionally, Seed Bomb helps condition Azelf leads and can potentially KO it in two hits. Breloom is the best initiator for the team.

breloom.jpeg

Tyranitar: Dragon Dance provides a significant buff, allowing Tyranitar to potentially KO many threats. Moves like Crunch help condition Pokémon like Gengar, Bronzong, and Suicune, while Earthquake is effective against prevalent Pokémon in the meta such as Metagross, Heatran, Tyranitar, Magnezone, Infernape, and Empoleon. Fire Punch is included to handle threats like Breloom and Scizor, while Lum Berry helps counter status conditions from Pokémon like Rotom forms and Breloom.

tyranitar.jpg

Jirachi: Jirachi is currently one of the most powerful Pokémon in the meta. It's used with Leftovers to provide versatility, often confusing opponents into thinking it's Choice Scarf. Fire Punch deals with common threats like Metagross, Scizor, Bronzong, and opposing Jirachi. Iron Head is used for flinching and pressuring opponents to switch out, while Body Slam potentially paralyzes and traps them. Protect allows you to scout Choice Scarf users and make necessary adjustments.

jirachi.jpeg

Metagross: Metagross, one of the most used Pokémon in the meta, is equipped with Lum Berry to handle various situations, particularly against Pokémon like Breloom, Smeargle, and Jirachi. Moves like Meteor Mash and Stealth Rock help deal with threats such as Gengar, Tyranitar, and Dragonite. Earthquake synergizes well with Tyranitar to handle physical threats, while Explosion serves as a final resort to eliminate any non-Ghost Pokémon.

metagross.jpg

Dragonite: Dragonite with Life Orb serves as the primary sweeper, capable of KO almost anything left weakened on the field. Moves like Extreme Speed, Fire Blast, Super Power, and Draco Meteor are used to deal with various threats in the meta.

dragonite.jpg

Suicune: Suicune, with Leftovers and Calm Mind, is one of the best Water-type Pokémon in the meta. Moves like Surf and Ice Beam help deal with threats like Heatran, Scizor, Metagross, Infernape, Tyranitar, and Jirachi. Calm Mind boosts Suicune's special attack and defense, while Ice Beam is effective against Grass-type Pokémon like Celebi, Shaymin, Breloom, and Gliscor.

suicune.jpg

I'm also sharing some replays of the matches I played before reaching the top 150 of the rank:
Replay 1
Replay 2
Replay 3
Replay 4
Replay 5
Replay 6
Replay 7

Additionally, here's the PokePast of the team. If you have any questions about the team, feel free to follow me on Twitter: Vanz_ssb.

Hi, my name is Vanz, and I'm from northern Mexico. I'd like to share my Rank OU 4th Generation team with you. The team is a balanced lineup consisting of Breloom, Tyranitar, Metagross, Suicune, Dragonite, and Jirachi. As for the best starter,

View attachment 627605

Before you begin reading, I apologize for my basic English, as it is not my native language and I still struggle a bit. I hope you understand and enjoy it. Thank you very much.

Breloom: It's ideal to start with Breloom because of its Focus Band and the Effect Spore ability. This combination allows you to inflict status conditions such as sleep, paralysis, or poisoning on opposing Pokémon. Superpower is effective for KO lead Pokémon like Tyranitar or Heatran. Additionally, Seed Bomb helps condition Azelf leads and can potentially KO it in two hits. Breloom is the best initiator for the team.

View attachment 627606
Tyranitar: Dragon Dance provides a significant buff, allowing Tyranitar to potentially KO many threats. Moves like Crunch help condition Pokémon like Gengar, Bronzong, and Suicune, while Earthquake is effective against prevalent Pokémon in the meta such as Metagross, Heatran, Tyranitar, Magnezone, Infernape, and Empoleon. Fire Punch is included to handle threats like Breloom and Scizor, while Lum Berry helps counter status conditions from Pokémon like Rotom forms and Breloom.

View attachment 627607

Jirachi: Jirachi is currently one of the most powerful Pokémon in the meta. It's used with Leftovers to provide versatility, often confusing opponents into thinking it's Choice Scarf. Fire Punch deals with common threats like Metagross, Scizor, Bronzong, and opposing Jirachi. Iron Head is used for flinching and pressuring opponents to switch out, while Body Slam potentially paralyzes and traps them. Protect allows you to scout Choice Scarf users and make necessary adjustments.

View attachment 627608

Metagross: Metagross, one of the most used Pokémon in the meta, is equipped with Lum Berry to handle various situations, particularly against Pokémon like Breloom, Smeargle, and Jirachi. Moves like Meteor Mash and Stealth Rock help deal with threats such as Gengar, Tyranitar, and Dragonite. Earthquake synergizes well with Tyranitar to handle physical threats, while Explosion serves as a final resort to eliminate any non-Ghost Pokémon.

View attachment 627609

Dragonite: Dragonite with Life Orb serves as the primary sweeper, capable of KO almost anything left weakened on the field. Moves like Extreme Speed, Fire Blast, Super Power, and Draco Meteor are used to deal with various threats in the meta.

View attachment 627610
Suicune: Suicune, with Leftovers and Calm Mind, is one of the best Water-type Pokémon in the meta. Moves like Surf and Ice Beam help deal with threats like Heatran, Scizor, Metagross, Infernape, Tyranitar, and Jirachi. Calm Mind boosts Suicune's special attack and defense, while Ice Beam is effective against Grass-type Pokémon like Celebi, Shaymin, Breloom, and Gliscor.

View attachment 627611
I'm also sharing some replays of the matches I played before reaching the top 150 of the rank:
Replay 1
Replay 2
Replay 3
Replay 4
Replay 5
Replay 6
Replay 7

Additionally, here's the PokePast of the team. If you have any questions about the team, feel free to follow me on Twitter: Vanz_ssb.
This looks very similar to a team named Ballout Hyper Offence, which leads with scarf breloom to stop rocks early, so that mixed dragonite can come in without taking chip from hazards.

If you came up with it yourself independently, well done, it's a good structure.

Onto specifics, I'd suggest mach punch as an option for this lead loom, as the team at the moment is a little bit soft into dragon dance tyranitar. (Although it's manageable between meta, and cune.) This is just an option to consider, and not something I'm requesting you to change. (You can also consider scarf loom for the combo with mixed dragonite).

With ttar, I see no problems here so I'll just move on.

The jirachi here is a standard set, and once again there are no problems. I'd consider relocating some more EVs into attack, although this is entirely optional. This team can afford a more offensive jirachi, even if you keep protect. 176+ speed hits the 308 benchmark for roseroade, but roserade isn't run into a lot outside the lead slot. So I suggest dropping to 300 speed, or going the other direction, and making it faster for different benchmarks.
You could also consider substitute, rocks, or refresh on rachi over protect. All of this is optional.

Expert belt, and grass knot on a mixed rachi set is sometimes used here too, since the team of 6 is a little weak into swampert otherwise.

With regards to metagross, I see no reason to change anything. My only comment here is that you could consider a different EV spread with a little more speed, and possibly some defensive EVs that have been calculated instead of just maxed. But this is just optional.

I suggest 56 attack EVs on dragonite as the current speed benchmark isn't doing a lot, but it's up to you again if you want to change this.

Finally, suicune is just fine as it is here. A lot of people these days recommend modest or lum cune, but in my opinion timid cune still has its place on this team of 6.

------------

This is an excellent team, and I'm sure you will be able to surpass 1505 with ease after using for a little bit longer, if you haven't already. If I were to rate this team, I'd give it a 9/10.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)