Feraligatr (M) @ Leftovers ** Gator
Trait: Torrent
EVs: 152 Atk / 252 Spd / 104 SAtk
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Focus Punch
- Hidden Power [Bug]
- Ice Beam
- Surf

Mixed attacker. Has 280 spd, so it's saved me a few times due to the fact that this guy's not that fast in the first place, and people assume as such.

I can predict my way around FP, often using it once on a switch in bliss, once again when it heals(thinks I'll switch) then HP Bug when it goes to Stoss, killing it. Surf is for stab, Ice Beam is for dragons, and HP Bug is for Celery.

I'm up for some moveset changes.

Nidoking (M) @ Leftovers ** Brute
Trait: Poison Point
EVs: 4 HP / 152 Atk / 156 Spd / 196 SAtk
Lonely Nature (+Atk, -Def)
- Earthquake
- Flamethrower
- Shadow Ball
- Taunt

Shuts down Skarm, and kills 2 of his main counters: Weezing(4x resist to poison) and Dusclops(no Wow or Pain Split=Shadow Ball havoc)

Aggron (M) @ Leftovers ** Titan
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 156 Atk / 100 Spd
Naughty Nature (+Atk, -SDef)
- Focus Punch
- Rock Slide
- Substitute
- Thunder Wave

Normal/Flying resist, para support. Pretty standard.

Camerupt (M) @ Leftovers ** Waterless Humps
Trait: Magma Armor
EVs: 112 HP / 196 Atk / 124 SAtk / 76 SDef
Brave Nature (+Atk, -Spd)
- Earthquake
- Explosion
- Overheat
- Rock Slide

Electric counter. Considering changing Rock Slide to something else.

Altaria (M) @ Leftovers ** Cloud
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 148 Def / 108 Spd
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Heal Bell
- Perish Song
- Rest
- Toxic

Cleric/Phazer. Perish Song laughs at CM Celery.

Bellossom (M) @ Leftovers ** Hula Flower
Trait: Chlorophyll
EVs: 116 HP / 108 Def / 84 SAtk / 200 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Giga Drain
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Substitute

Stalls the crap out of everything. Can actually beat Starmie(and other Ice Beamers) one-on-one. Switch in to a predicted Surf or Tbolt, Leech Seed and take his Ice Beam. Protect next turn, then Giga Drain. Rinse and repeat.

My team has no true special wall, but many specific counters. Prediction is key with this team, but the payoff is high when done right.

Even though Feraligatr has Ice Beam, it's still not too bulky to counter every Salemence pop-in. A DDMence will proceed to sweep your team with ease.

>_>

Yeah, got a point there. DDmence does give me issues.

Usually I need to resort to Perish Song to force it to switch, along with Toxic, Protect, anything to stall it out. The tactic is fairly effective.

Any suggestions though?

if bellossoms only purpose is to stall and beat water types, maybe try a defensive porygon2 to still beat starmie and help with salamence somewhat. Twave goes along with aggron. you cant really justify leech seed being the reason why bellossom is there, since theres no spikes. also, adamant > naughty on aggron.

>_>

Yeah, got a point there. DDmence does give me issues.

Usually I need to resort to Perish Song to force it to switch, along with Toxic, Protect, anything to stall it out. The tactic is fairly effective.

Any suggestions though?
Well, your general EQ weakness is the main problem. If it were up to me, I'd either make Gatr more defensive or swap it with Blastoise as Blastoise counters Mence quite well (still being UU).

Camerupt also doesn't exactly do anything that special as it's quite similar with Nidoking. If you keep it, change Rock Slide for HP Ice, because it's a nice surprise for Mence. You could consider something like Ampharos over it though. Ampharos has the HP/Sp Def tou counter Electrics and you could also make it your healer while swapping Altaria out for an actual sturdy Phazer (with Roar/Whirlwind).

Just throwing out suggestions.

More defense on Gator sounds good.

And Camerupt DOES do something special. It counters electrics. But, eh. I'm indecisive. HP Ice sounds good.

And I've used Amphy in the past, and it doesn't fare so well against other Electrics. Besides, it can't beat Raikou. Camerupt at least has a chance.

And Altaria stays since-as you said-I have a massive EQ weak, and I need something to switch in.

Thanks for those suggestions. I'll take up some of them.

This team will fail in standard battles and decent opponents. You need one of the following: a strong defensive to slowly wear down the opponent, or a strong offensive to kill stuff before you die. The only thing here that can keep taking damage is Altaria, and with your current line-up you can't hit OU teams hard enough. I would suggest remodelling this team to handle the UU metagame.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)