RMT: My New Best Friends

My first RMT that actually gets posted (hopefully), if my crap computer will cooperate. Anyway, here goes.

Arcanine @ Life Orb
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 72 HP, 252 Atk, 8 SpD, 176 Spe
Jolly nature (+Spe, -SpA)
-ExtremeSpeed
-Flare Blitz
-Wild Charge
-Close Combat

The flaming dog, my personal favorite Pokemon, jumps in as an all out attacker. Flare Blitz is the STAB, complemented by Wild Charge and Close Combat for great coverage. Rounding out the set is ExtremeSpeed, a strong priority move that can get rid of Victini after a couple of V-Creates, among others, as well as being the only move on the set without any downsides. There may be better Fire types in UU, but Arcanine certainly gets the job done.

Hitmontop @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP, 252 Def, 4 Spe
Impish nature (+Def, -SpA)
-Rapid Spin
-Close Combat
-Stone Edge
-Sucker Punch

Serving as the spinner of the team, Hitmontop clears the way for the frailer Pokemon to come in and get KO's. Close Combat gets nice damage despite being uninvested, while Stone Edge hits those pesky spinblockers, especially Chandelure, which is enough to at least scare it off, or 2HKO it, preferably with a lucky Fire Blast miss. Sucker Punch is more damaging to Ghost types, but is predictable, and therefore exploitable.

Bronzong @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP, 252 Def, 4 SpD
IVs: 0 Spe
Relaxed nature (+Def, -Spe)
-Stealth Rock
-Earthquake
-Gyro Ball
-Toxic

Bronzong needs little explanation. Its great defenses let it use Stealth Rock and Toxic as it desires, while its usable Attack lets it hit with Earthquake and STAB Gyro Ball if necessary. The minimum speed gives Gyro Ball its maximum power and can weaken frailer Pokemon should they be immune to Toxic.

Mismagius @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP, 252 SpA, 252 Spe
IVs: 30 Def, 30 SpA, 30 SpD, 30 Spe
Timid nature (+Spe, -Atk)
-Shadow Ball
-Hidden Power Fighting
-Nasty Plot
-Taunt

Mismagius is a solid special attacker by itself, but Nasty Plot takes it to new levels. Its 3 immunities let it switch in, possibly as a spinblocker, and set up on the switch. Shadow Ball and HP Fighting (hence the 30 IVs listed) provide perfect neutral coverage in UU, making for an efficient attacking force. Taunt lets Mismagius block the likes of Toxic and Calm Mind. Due to its high Speed, Mismagius can also serve as a decent revenge killer.

Sharpedo @ Life Orb
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 252 Atk, 4 SpD, 252 Spe
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SpA)
-Waterfall
-Crunch
-Earthquake
-Protect

Thanks to Speed Boost, Sharpedo can abuse its 120 base Attack and strong dual STABs while only fearing priority. This ability allows Sharpedo to get away with an Adamant nature for power, rather than relying on Jolly to outspeed things. Earthquake shows up yet again, and serves as the coverage move of choice. Protect all but ensures Sharpedo will be able to outspeed all but Choice Scarf users without taking damage. Like Mismagius, Sharpedo can serve as a revenge killer, but it can't switch into any attack (except Psychic type ones) due to its frailty. I find Sharpedo dying a lot, but not before getting a KO or two.

Porygon2 @ Eviolite
Ablilty: Download
EVs: 252 HP, 4 Def, 252 SpA
Modest nature (+SpA, -Atk)
-Tri Attack
-Discharge
-Ice Beam
-Recover

Porygon2 is one of the better tanks in the metagame, rivaling Bronzong and Scrafty while sporting better recovery than the former and better offenses than both (unless Scrafty has Moxie). It can switch into anything that has a lower Special Defense and hit with its STAB or pseudo BoltBeam coverage. As mentioned, Recover keeps it healthy, a necessity because the duck lacks Leftovers.

The overall strategy of the team allows for a mix of bulk and power. The bulky Pokemon do most of the heavy lifting and allow for the frailer but stronger ones to do their job. I have gotten some decent success with this team, but it is far from perfect. Any constructive criticism is welcome.

Hey pretty solid team, but there are a few things I think need changing.

Firstly, why the heck does Arcanine have 176 Speed EVs and a Jolly nature? If you want it to be as fast as possible then give it 252 Spe and a positive nature, but if you want to keep the EVs as is then go with Adamant instead.

3 attacks on Hitmontop is a waste of time, its a wall not a sweeper so don't bother. Foresight instead of Stone Edge/Sucker Punch would be very useful as it could potentially help Hitmontop beat Ghosts trying to spin block it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)