RMT: My All-Star Warrior Team

After Pokebank, the era of Gen 6 Competitive Battling can fully commence. The addition of new Pokemon, the Fairy-Type and Mega Evolutions have convinced me that my previous team of favourites needs to be changed. It's still a team of my favourites, but I hope this is more viable competitive-wise.

I've been testing this new team of mine lately on both Showdown and Pokemon Online (each community has its own play styles, but that's for another time), and while this team had its successes, I'm still wondering if they're "at their best" or fullest potential when it comes to the moves they use, items (Mega Charizard Y stays though), Nature, EV spread and such.

Here it comes:

Charizard @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Solar Power*
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Flamethrower
- Air Slash
- SolarBeam
- Focus Blast

"The final evolution of the fire Kanto starter has gotten a very blazing boost in the form of Mega Charizard Y. It has a scorching hot 159 Base SP ATK and a nice 115 Base SP DEF that makes it more resistant towards its Special Sweeping brethren.
Drought gives it a 50% boost regarding its Fire moves and makes it use SolarBeam on the go. The sunlight also nerfs Water moves by 50%.
I've opted for Flamethrower because of its more reliable accuracy. Air Slash is a nice STAB move plus it has the chance to flinch opponents just in case. SolarBeam makes Droughtzard a threat towards Water and Rock-type Pokemon. Focus Blast is kind of a gamble, but it's a necessity when it comes to beasts like Tyranitar.
I think Timid is better than Modest because it needs as much speed as possible or else it'll go #wrekt easily. Too bad Game Freak didn't enhance Droughtzard's speed. Again, feel free to comment on the choices."
*I don't think it makes much difference which ability Vanillazard has (instant morphin' time), but I guess Solar Power can have more use than Blaze just in case.

Should I stick with Focus Blast or should I go for Dragon Pulse, Tailwind or Roost instead?

Scizor @ Life Orb Iron Plate
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Bug Bite U-turn
- Bullet Punch
- Aerial Ace Superpower
- Swords Dance Defog

"This crimson warrior is not one you'd mess with. Two of its damaging moves benefit from its ability, Technician. It's movepool makes it a threat to Dark, Grass, Psychic, Ice, Rock, Fairy, Bug and Fighting-type Pokemon. Unfortunately, it doesn't have a move that gives it type coverage.
I know the official Smogon website has adviced to use Superpower instead, but its drawbacks seem too severe and it has barely helped me in the past.
I couldn't think of a better item, so I've given Scizor a Life Orb to give it an extra boost.
Personally, I'm more a fan of Aerial Ace, but Superpower has its use because it can counter Lucario, Blissey and Steel-type Pokemon with it. U-turn also compensates for Superpower. However, now I don't have a move that can counter Fighting-type Pokemon, especially Toxicroak and Heracross.
Defog clears away hazards like Sneaky Pebbles (Stealth Rock).
Iron Plate-, Technician-powered, STAB Bullet Punch will hit hard for a priority move."

Might Brick Break be better to go for than Superpower in this case?

Greninja* @ Expert Belt
Ability: Protean
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Surf
- Dark Pulse
- Ice Beam
- Grass Knot

"True to its ninja origins, this Tokusatsu frog takes the type of its move before it gets used, guaranteeing STAB boost no matter what. Due to its fragile defenses, I've opted to use Expert Belt to give it a boost when facing Pokemon that are weak to one of Greninja's moves: Fire, Ground, Rock, Dragon, Flying, Grass, Ghost, Psychic and Water-type Pokemon."
*If I were to alter my team, at the very least, I could replace Greninja with Empoleon if that's better competitive-wise, but AFAIK Greninja has been hailed as one of the best Water Final Evo starter Pokemon.

Would Empoleon or Special Sweeper Dragonite be a better choice?

Lucario @ Focus Sash
Ability: Inner Focus
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Aura Sphere
- Flash Cannon Dark Pulse
- Psychic
- Nasty Plot Vacuum Wave

"Shiny Lucario gives me DBZ vibes, but aesthetics aside, I've always preferred Lucario's Special Sweeping potential to its Physical Sweeping potential because its base SP ATK stat is slightly higher. Because it has a base Speed of 90, it needs to be as fast as possible. Nasty Plot gives it a nice boost to its Special Attack, and its movepool is threat to: Normal, Rock, Steel, Ice, Dark, Fairy, Ghost, Psychic, Fight and Poison-type Pokemon. Most people tend to give it Dark Pulse instead of Psychic, but I don't understand that. Psychic gives Lucario type coverage against the likes of Toxicroak, Heracross, Blaziken and Breloom.
Giving Lucario a Focus Sash decreases the chance of Nasty Plot strategy failure, and I guess a Focus Sash is a necessity towards its below-average Speed and low defenses. "

Can Focus Sash Lucario still hit like a truck with Vacuum Wave instead of Nasty Plot?

Aegislash @ Leftovers Weakness Policy
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spd
- Shadow Claw Shadow Sneak
- Sacred Sword
- Iron Head Swords Dance
- King's Shield

"The Excalibur of Pokemon, Aegislash has become a new fan favorite of the Pokemon community and me as well. Granted, Shadow Sneak and Sacred Sword are enough for Aegislash, but I have my doubts. I've personally given Aegislash Iron Head to make it a threat against fairies. However, if fairies won't come too far in the higher tiers of the metagame, then I guess it's not a necessity.
Weakness Policy is there to compensate for the lack of Swords Dance.
Because of its Stance Change, you would never ever want Aegislash to outspeed others, so I guess having no speed at all is for the better."

Leftovers or Weakness Policy?

Golurk @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Fist

Adamant Nature
- Shadow Punch
- Drain Punch
- Ice Punch
- Earthquake

"It's time for some giant robot action with Golurk. Its ability Iron Fists boosts the base power of any punching-move (except Sucker Punch) by 20%. Shadow Punch is there for STAB boost, Iron Fist advantage and type-coverage. Earthquake is iirc Golurk's most powerful STAB move. I prefer Drain Punch to Hammer Arm because of it absorbing HP and not lowering the already low speed of Golurk. While I would love a Golurk using fists of fiery passion, Ice Punch is the better option because it becomes threat to way more Pokemon.
Golurk is basically a threat to: Ghost, Psychic, Electric, Fire, Poison, Rock, Steel, Normal, Ice, Dark, Dragon, Flying and Ground-type Pokemon. Personally, I think Golurk is a better lead Pokemon than Mega Charizard Y or Greninja, but it's quite a gamble because of Sneaky Pebbles (Stealth Rock) -> Fortunately, Scizor can save the day."

Should I stick to Bulky Sweeper Golurk, or should I instead put around 52 EVs of the HP in the Speed stat?

Again, feel free to suggest alternative hold items (except Mega Charizard Y), abilities, EV spreads, natures and move sets for the above Pokemon.

EDIT #1: I've decided to turn Golurk into a Bulky Physical Sweeper because powering-up its speed might become moot because it can be outspeed by practically almost any Pokemon from the OU tier. Or should I go back with my 200 HP / 252 ATK / 56 Speed Golurk?

EDIT #2: I've added questions under most of the Pokemon because I'm still struggling with certain issues I'd like to get feedback on.

Last edited:
I know you said you don't want suggestions on Charizardite Y, but I don't like Mega-Charizard Y on this team at all. Drought hurts your team more than it helps, as Charizard is the only one who benefits from sunshine, and EVERYONE ELSE ON THE TEAM with the exception of Golurk is weakened by it, since it increases the power of your opponent's fire moves too, and decreases the power of water, weakening Greninja. I think Mega-Charizard X would be much more beneficial.

If you're dead set on keeping Mega-Charizard Y, you should do the following:

1) Less team members with a weakness to fire (Lucario, Scizor, Aegislash).
2) More team members that can benefit from sunshine due to Chlorophyll, Solar Beam, Fire moves, or a Water weakness.

Hey MechaKnight16 I have a few suggestions for your team. I notice that you want mega charizard y but it doesn't work well with ur other pokemon since it has the ability drought when it mega evolves. The problem is that your 3 main physical attackers are weak to fire and and drought helps increase fire type attacks. This is not smart becuz if your opponet has fire types all ur doin is helping them. Another thing is that drought also hinders greninjas water type attacks since they r weakened by drought. I would suggest that you take away either lucario, scizor, or aegisalsh (or 2) and replace it with either another powerful fire type lik infernape or a chlorophyll pokemon lik sawsbuck or venasaur that benefit from the sun. Also if you decide to keep lucario consider making it a physical attacker so it can learn earthquake or stone edge to deal with fire types.Hope I helped! Thanks!

Last edited:
I know you said you don't want suggestions on Charizardite Y, but I don't like Mega-Charizard Y on this team at all. Drought hurts your team more than it helps, as Charizard is the only one who benefits from sunshine, and EVERYONE ELSE ON THE TEAM with the exception of Golurk is weakened by it, since it increases the power of your opponent's fire moves too, and decreases the power of water, weakening Greninja. I think Mega-Charizard X would be much more beneficial.

If you're dead set on keeping Mega-Charizard Y, you should do the following:

1) Less team members with a weakness to fire (Lucario, Scizor, Aegislash).
2) More team members that can benefit from sunshine due to Chlorophyll, Solar Beam, Fire moves, or a Water weakness.
Oh yeah, I kinda forgot about the drawbacks. Of course, it depends if the opponent has Fire Pokemon and all. In that case, I'd use Droughtzard somewhat later in the game after clearing some mons on the field and it's safe to gamble.
Charizard X isn't a choice because that would ruin the balance of Physical and Special users (though, I guess a Special Sweeping Dracozard is possible).
So if necessary, I could replace Aegislash with... Leafeon? I don't know, I've never used Leafeon before, but according to statistics, it's the strongest Physical Sweeper that has the Chlorophyll ability going on. Other suggestions. (Preferably, don't want to get rid of one of the Pokemon, but if necessary, Aegislash can be replaced).

Hey MechaKnight16 I have a few suggestions for your team. I notice that you want mega charizard y but it doesn't work well with ur other pokemon since it has the ability drought when it mega evolves. The problem is that your 3 main physical attackers are weak to fire and and drought helps increase fire type attacks. This is not smart becuz if your opponet has fire types all ur doin is helping them. Another thing is that drought also hinders greninjas water type attacks since they r weakened by drought. I would suggest that you take away either lucario, scizor, or aegisalsh (or 2) and replace it with either another powerful fire type lik infernape or a chlorophyll pokemon lik sawsbuck or venasaur that benefit from the sun. Also if you decide to keep lucario consider making it a physical attacker so it can learn earthquake or stone edge to deal with fire types.Hope I helped! Thanks!
Greninja still has the other three moves going on, which always get STAB bonus due to Protean, just saying.
Theoretically, I could replace Aegislash with a Special Sweeping Chlorophyll Venusaur and make Lucario a Physical Sweeper instead, but replacing if Lucario has the move set: Swords Dance, Extremespeed, Close Combat and Earthquake - It does NOTHING against Drifblim and Ghost-type Pokemon with Levitate.
At the very best, I could turn Lucario into a Mixed Sweeper, but I don't know how to pull that off effectively, so feel free to give me suggestions.

Also, while I appreciate the focus on the main problem(s), I'm also curious what your opinions are regarding the Pokemon move sets, natures, et cetera (Should Charizard use Dragon Pulse or Tailwind instead of Focus Blast? - Or should Aegislash use Shadow Sneak instead of Shadow Claw?).

Last edited:
Hm... so you're aiming for a highly offensive team? It looks like you're just trying to hit hard and fast with every Pokemon you have. While it's good that you can really hurt a lot of Pokemon with your entire team, it looks like it could really use some support and utility. For example, your team is highly susceptible to entry hazards, particularly Stealth Rock (Charizard kind of hates those,) Spikes (only Charizard is immune to these,) and Sticky Web (your fast, frail sweepers don't want to be outsped by bulky threats.) You have no way to keep those off of the field OR get them off the field once they're there, giving your opponent an immense advantage.

Welsknight also brings up a good point regarding Charizard Y. While I hardly think Drought is going to make a difference in whether or not Scizor or Lucario can take a fire type hit anyway, your team does have a major fire weakness as is. I don't think it's really necessary to run Chlorophyll users or the other elements of a Sun Team, however, because you're not getting enough turns of sunlight to take advantage of that. Your team lacks synergy, which is super important when playing competitively. There's nothing wrong with using your favorite Pokemon (especially when you're using great Pokemon like MegaZard, Lucario and Greninja regardless,) but they need to be able to work together.

As for your specific sets, I think I can suggest a few things.

Charizard: Synergy aside, this is a solid Charizard-Y set. Whether or not you should change your team to accommodate him better or maybe try Charizard X is another story, but I'll leave that alone for now. That's entirely up to you.

Scizor: Have you thought about running more of a hit-and-run set? You're not at a loss for power, so you could afford to run U-turn over Swords Dance. This would give your teammates more switch in opportunities. This would also make Superpower's drawbacks less noticable, since he wouldn't have to stay in with decreased attack.

Greninja: Another solid set, though Greninja has some options that could be worth considering. Like Scizor, he gets U-Turn, which creates more switching and set-up opportunities for your team. Unlike Scizor, Greninja is fast, so it has some more defensive utility if you switch to a bulkier Pokemon. He doesn't even need to hit particularly hard with U-Turn. It's just a good move in general.

Lucario: The reasons Lucario often runs physical moves over special moves are the coverage he gets and the base power of the physical moves he gets. 5 more points in SpA doesn't mean much when he gets 30 more BP if he runs Close Combat over Aura Sphere. For purely special sets though, I do recommend Dark Pulse over Psychic. Sure, you can hit Blaziken and Breloom super effectively, but they're frail anyway. Just Aura Sphere them into oblivion. Vacuum Wave could be neat for special priority, but it fails to take out a lot of faster threats anyway (Alakazam, Gengar, Talonflame, etc.) Do keep it in mind if Sticky Web gives you trouble though.

Aegislash: This guy's probably better at special/mixed sets than Lucario. He hits harder off the bat, has arguably better coverage options and neat moves like King's Shield and Autotomize. However, if you're set on a physical set, my only suggestion is using Gyro Ball over Iron Head. Your Aegislash is super slow anyway. He'll hit harder on a lot of quick threats.

Golurk: He's honestly not my first pick for this kind of team, but I understand you set out to make a team of your favorites. Iron Fist is a less risky ability than No Guard, so it's probably a better choice. He could also afford to run an attack fewer to use Stealth Rock. Ghost and Fighting already have fantastic coverage as is.

So, yeah. Your team needs a few tweaks, and definitely needs more synergy. To elaborate on the whole Drought-thing, I think you just need less stuff that's actively hurt by it. Trying to build around 5 turns of sunlight (4 if you need to switch to your other Pokemon,) isn't worth it. Drought's a neat tool for Charizard-Y's purposes and can let you clear out other weathers, so I wouldn't discount it entirely.

Hm... so you're aiming for a highly offensive team? It looks like you're just trying to hit hard and fast with every Pokemon you have. While it's good that you can really hurt a lot of Pokemon with your entire team, it looks like it could really use some support and utility. For example, your team is highly susceptible to entry hazards, particularly Stealth Rock (Charizard kind of hates those,) Spikes (only Charizard is immune to these,) and Sticky Web (your fast, frail sweepers don't want to be outsped by bulky threats.) You have no way to keep those off of the field OR get them off the field once they're there, giving your opponent an immense advantage.

Welsknight also brings up a good point regarding Charizard Y. While I hardly think Drought is going to make a difference in whether or not Scizor or Lucario can take a fire type hit anyway, your team does have a major fire weakness as is. I don't think it's really necessary to run Chlorophyll users or the other elements of a Sun Team, however, because you're not getting enough turns of sunlight to take advantage of that. Your team lacks synergy, which is super important when playing competitively. There's nothing wrong with using your favorite Pokemon (especially when you're using great Pokemon like MegaZard, Lucario and Greninja regardless,) but they need to be able to work together.

As for your specific sets, I think I can suggest a few things.

Charizard: Synergy aside, this is a solid Charizard-Y set. Whether or not you should change your team to accommodate him better or maybe try Charizard X is another story, but I'll leave that alone for now. That's entirely up to you.

Scizor: Have you thought about running more of a hit-and-run set? You're not at a loss for power, so you could afford to run U-turn over Swords Dance. This would give your teammates more switch in opportunities. This would also make Superpower's drawbacks less noticable, since he wouldn't have to stay in with decreased attack.

Greninja: Another solid set, though Greninja has some options that could be worth considering. Like Scizor, he gets U-Turn, which creates more switching and set-up opportunities for your team. Unlike Scizor, Greninja is fast, so it has some more defensive utility if you switch to a bulkier Pokemon. He doesn't even need to hit particularly hard with U-Turn. It's just a good move in general.

Lucario: The reasons Lucario often runs physical moves over special moves are the coverage he gets and the base power of the physical moves he gets. 5 more points in SpA doesn't mean much when he gets 30 more BP if he runs Close Combat over Aura Sphere. For purely special sets though, I do recommend Dark Pulse over Psychic. Sure, you can hit Blaziken and Breloom super effectively, but they're frail anyway. Just Aura Sphere them into oblivion. Vacuum Wave could be neat for special priority, but it fails to take out a lot of faster threats anyway (Alakazam, Gengar, Talonflame, etc.) Do keep it in mind if Sticky Web gives you trouble though.

Aegislash: This guy's probably better at special/mixed sets than Lucario. He hits harder off the bat, has arguably better coverage options and neat moves like King's Shield and Autotomize. However, if you're set on a physical set, my only suggestion is using Gyro Ball over Iron Head. Your Aegislash is super slow anyway. He'll hit harder on a lot of quick threats.

Golurk: He's honestly not my first pick for this kind of team, but I understand you set out to make a team of your favorites. Iron Fist is a less risky ability than No Guard, so it's probably a better choice. He could also afford to run an attack fewer to use Stealth Rock. Ghost and Fighting already have fantastic coverage as is.

So, yeah. Your team needs a few tweaks, and definitely needs more synergy. To elaborate on the whole Drought-thing, I think you just need less stuff that's actively hurt by it. Trying to build around 5 turns of sunlight (4 if you need to switch to your other Pokemon,) isn't worth it. Drought's a neat tool for Charizard-Y's purposes and can let you clear out other weathers, so I wouldn't discount it entirely.
Synergy is important, of course, but I'd like to use the best out of my team that consists of my favourite mons. I did the same thing during Gen 5 and victories in the OU tier were somewhat 50-50, but victories felt way more satisfying because of the fact I ran a team that has some big flaws.
I've never considered U-Turn before because of its flaws. Then again, Scizor is a slow Pokemon in general, so it wouldn't cause much backfire against the Pokemon I would summon in its place. U-Turn instead of Swords Dance? I can live with it.
When it comes to Greninja though, my doubts are stronger because Greninja is pretty fast and I want to benefit of its Protean ability, and I have a hard time to decide which of the moves would go away then.
I guess I shall give Dark Pulse Lucario a chance then. I considered using Water Pulse, Shadow Ball or Dragon Pulse before, but I guess those aren't efficient enough as well.
Mixed Aegislash, huh? Please, go on. Unfortunately, while Aegislash is a slow Pokemon, it isn't slow enough to run Gyro Ball effectively. Against Pokemon like Sylveon, Iron Head is a better choice.
I could run Stealth Rock Golurk, but which one should I choose to let it forget: Ice Punch or Earthquake?

BTW: Yeah, that's pretty much my fighting style. I know it's simplistic, but I love using Pokemon that either hit hard & run fast or who hit hard & can take the punches.

Terrakion with Stone Edge/Earthquake/Close Combat/Swords dance can do really high damage against your team, you have 4 pokemons weak to him and 2 pokemon taking neutral damage.

Unfortunately there isn't many counters to Terrakion under the sun, the best choice would be Breloom or Chlorophyll Venusaur with +Speed nature and 164 EV in speed to outspeed scarf Terrakion under the sun.

Also I don't really like having charizard and his 4x weakness to stealth rocks without any rapid spinner, you may want to try Starmie since his beambolt combo isn't weakened by the sun, he can use recover, besides he's a really strong check to Infernape and Blaziken which are really good against your team with 3 fire weaknesses + 2 fighting weaknesses, Charizard-Y is also a strong check to these pokemons, unless he gets destroyed by stealth rocks of course.

Another threat is sandstorms teams, especially with Scarf Tyranitar for the same reasons as Terrakion, he may OHKO almost your entire team while outspeeding all of them thanks to the choice scarf, and without the sun you have no way to deal with a Gastrodon unless you manage to pull out some swords dance on Scizor and only if you are lucky enough to not get burned by scald. Those 2 threats makes Breloom even better as he can OHKO Tyranitar with Mach punch and OHKO Gastrodon with Bullet Seed/Seed Bomb.

In short :
Breloom @ Life Orb | Technician
Adamant | 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 Hp
Swords Dance / Spore / Mach Punch / Bullet Seed

Starmie Leftovers | Natural Cure
Timid | 248 HP / 32 Def / 4 SpA / 224 Spe
0 IV Atk
Rapid Spin / Thunderbolt / Ice Beam / Recover

(edit: oh btw excuse me for any english mistakes, this is not my native language)

I see what you mean by how you think drifblims might wall your lucario but my lucario instead of swords dance has stone edge to deal with Drifblims and other flying types. I would suggest losing swords dance because lucario already has great attack. I would suggest you use a chlorophyll venasaur because it works very well on a sun team. Also, keep Focus Blast on Charizard for coverage and trade shadow claw for shadow sneak on aegislash because a base 150 power shadow sneak does plenty of damge trust me.(especially if u boost.)

I see what you mean by how you think drifblims might wall your lucario but my lucario instead of swords dance has stone edge to deal with Drifblims and other flying types. I would suggest losing swords dance because lucario already has great attack. I would suggest you use a chlorophyll venasaur because it works very well on a sun team. Also, keep Focus Blast on Charizard for coverage and trade shadow claw for shadow sneak on aegislash because a base 150 power shadow sneak does plenty of damge trust me.(especially if u boost.)
Does that make Aegislash's move set: Shadow Sneak, Sacred Sword, Swords Dance and King's Shield -- Or is the Swords Dance not necessary? It's not a bad move set by all means, but I'm still wondering how much of a threat fairies will become to my team.
Too bad, Aegislash gets replaced by Venusaur IF I'm going to change my team.

Any other move set suggestions?

You could keep swords dance but if either you don't have enough pokemon that are good against fairies or they mess up your aegislash too much then I would put iron head and tak away swords dance but if u can keep it it will really help

Does that make Aegislash's move set: Shadow Sneak, Sacred Sword, Swords Dance and King's Shield -- Or is the Swords Dance not necessary? It's not a bad move set by all means, but I'm still wondering how much of a threat fairies will become to my team.
Too bad, Aegislash gets replaced by Venusaur IF I'm going to change my team.

Any other move set suggestions?
If you decide to keep Aegislash, I'd recommend one of these two sets:

Aegislash @ Leftovers
Brave Nature
- Shadow Sneak
- Sacred Sword
- Swords Dance
- King's Shield

or

Aegislash @ Weakness Policy
Brave Nature
- Shadow Claw
- Sacred Sword
- Autonomize
- King's Shield

Either one is definitely viable. The Aegislash I used for a while was the top one.

I also think your best best for Scizor is this:

Scizor @ Iron Plate
Adamant Nature
- U-Turn
- Bullet Punch
- Swords Dance
- Defog

Defog gives him a lot more utility and takes care of the hazards that present a huge problem to this team. Bullet Punch becomes your bread and butter, boosted by 1.2x instead of 1.3x by Life Orb, but without the residual damage. U-Turn still gives you a STAB bug-type move and a way to switch out while still dealing damage.

Terrakion with Stone Edge/Earthquake/Close Combat/Swords dance can do really high damage against your team, you have 4 pokemons weak to him and 2 pokemon taking neutral damage.

Unfortunately there isn't many counters to Terrakion under the sun, the best choice would be Breloom or Chlorophyll Venusaur with +Speed nature and 164 EV in speed to outspeed scarf Terrakion under the sun.

Also I don't really like having charizard and his 4x weakness to stealth rocks without any rapid spinner, you may want to try Starmie since his beambolt combo isn't weakened by the sun, he can use recover, besides he's a really strong check to Infernape and Blaziken which are really good against your team with 3 fire weaknesses + 2 fighting weaknesses, Charizard-Y is also a strong check to these pokemons, unless he gets destroyed by stealth rocks of course.

Another threat is sandstorms teams, especially with Scarf Tyranitar for the same reasons as Terrakion, he may OHKO almost your entire team while outspeeding all of them thanks to the choice scarf, and without the sun you have no way to deal with a Gastrodon unless you manage to pull out some swords dance on Scizor and only if you are lucky enough to not get burned by scald. Those 2 threats makes Breloom even better as he can OHKO Tyranitar with Mach punch and OHKO Gastrodon with Bullet Seed/Seed Bomb.

In short :
Breloom @ Life Orb | Technician
Adamant | 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 Hp
Swords Dance / Spore / Mach Punch / Bullet Seed

Starmie Leftovers | Natural Cure
Timid | 248 HP / 32 Def / 4 SpA / 224 Spe
0 IV Atk
Rapid Spin / Thunderbolt / Ice Beam / Recover

(edit: oh btw excuse me for any english mistakes, this is not my native language)
Damn Terrakion, it's always there to mess with my plans. You could make Starmie a counter against Infernape and Blaziken if you give Starmie a Psychic-type move. However, Thunderbolt and Ice Beam are very useful moves as well.
Actually, when I'm thinking about it, Starmie isn't necessary. I could use Scizor, giving it Defog, but alternatives could be Flygon, Chlorophyll Shiftry or Empoleon. I don't actually mind using Defog Empoleon, if it can be used effectively in my team (could it replace Greninja or not?).
Breloom is an interesting Pokemon; I'll keep it in mind.

Don't worry, man. I'm not a native speaker, either. I appreciate your help.

You could keep swords dance but if either you don't have enough pokemon that are good against fairies or they mess up your aegislash too much then I would put iron head and tak away swords dance but if u can keep it it will really help
I guess I'll just try this out then. For now, Scizor will become the only Fairy Slayer -- till it isn't enough, I guess.

If you decide to keep Aegislash, I'd recommend one of these two sets:

Aegislash @ Leftovers
Brave Nature
- Shadow Sneak
- Sacred Sword
- Swords Dance
- King's Shield

or

Aegislash @ Weakness Policy
Brave Nature
- Shadow Claw
- Sacred Sword
- Autonomize
- King's Shield

Either one is definitely viable. The Aegislash I used for a while was the top one.

I also think your best best for Scizor is this:

Scizor @ Iron Plate
Adamant Nature
- U-Turn
- Bullet Punch
- Swords Dance
- Defog

Defog gives him a lot more utility and takes care of the hazards that present a huge problem to this team. Bullet Punch becomes your bread and butter, boosted by 1.2x instead of 1.3x by Life Orb, but without the residual damage. U-Turn still gives you a STAB bug-type move and a way to switch out while still dealing damage.
I don't understand why you would give Aegislash Autonomize. You don't want to make that sword speedy, so... yeah, why? Yeah, I'll try the top one, it's just the whole Fairy thing that makes me a little bit hesitated. Ghost & Fighting is great coverage, but I hope I won't have a hard time with the likes of Sylveon and Florges.

I do like your Scizor set. Personally, I'd keep Aerial Ace instead of Swords Dance, giving it Muscle Band, Expert Belt or Life Orb as compensation - but I'll definitely run Defog. Thanks!

BTW: Why does one of the Aegislash have Leftovers and the other Weakness Policy? Shouldn't both sets use Weakness Policy?

Last edited:
I don't understand why you would give Aegislash Autonomize. You don't want to make that sword speedy, so... yeah, why? Yeah, I'll try the top one, it's just the whole Fairy thing that makes me a little bit hesitated. Ghost & Fighting is great coverage, but I hope I won't have a hard time with the likes of Sylveon and Florges.

I do like your Scizor set. Personally, I'd keep Aerial Ace instead of Swords Dance, giving it Muscle Band, Expert Belt or Life Orb as compensation - but I'll definitely run Defog. Thanks!

BTW: Why does one of the Aegislash have Leftovers and the other Weakness Policy? Shouldn't both sets use Weakness Policy?
Weakness Policy Aegislash gets his attack boost from his hold item and uses Autonomize to boost his speed to the level where he can just sweep everything with stronger moves (also notice the switch from Shadow Sneak to Shadow Claw). The goal with that one is to build up in Shield Forme, then go Blade Forme and never look back. This set works because off the top of my head, I can't think of any priority moves that Aegislash doesn't resist, other than Shadow Sneak (which is terribly predictable and easy to avoid with King's Shield, then lowering the attacker's attack stat in the process).

Swords Dance Aegislash is more conservative, getting his attack boost from Swords Dance. He uses King's Shield/Leftovers to last long enough to build up his attack, then uses the weaker Shadow Sneak to kill stuff. Swords Dance Aegislash switches back into Shield Forme more regularly, as Sacred Sword has no speed or priority buff and due to Aegislash's poor Speed stat when unboosted, will often land second.

Weakness Policy Aegislash gets his attack boost from his hold item and uses Autonomize to boost his speed to the level where he can just sweep everything with stronger moves (also notice the switch from Shadow Sneak to Shadow Claw). The goal with that one is to build up in Shield Forme, then go Blade Forme and never look back. This set works because off the top of my head, I can't think of any priority moves that Aegislash doesn't resist, other than Shadow Sneak (which is terribly predictable and easy to avoid with King's Shield, then lowering the attacker's attack stat in the process).

Swords Dance Aegislash is more conservative, getting his attack boost from Swords Dance. He uses King's Shield/Leftovers to last long enough to build up his attack, then uses the weaker Shadow Sneak to kill stuff. Swords Dance Aegislash switches back into Shield Forme more regularly, as Sacred Sword has no speed or priority buff and due to Aegislash's poor Speed stat when unboosted, will often land second.
But doesn't that mean "Speedslash" needs to have Jolly or Adamant Nature with 31 IVs? Well, you need to be lucky that you "can hit and never look back" because one mistake and the blade is broken. But yeah, I'll stick to the Classic Aegislash and use Swords Dance if it's necessary to pump up that Shadow Sneak.

But doesn't that mean "Speedslash" needs to have Jolly or Adamant Nature with 31 IVs? Well, you need to be lucky that you "can hit and never look back" because one mistake and the blade is broken. But yeah, I'll stick to the Classic Aegislash and use Swords Dance if it's necessary to pump up that Shadow Sneak.
Yes, actually, I forgot to change the stats around on Speedslash. And I agree, I like Classic Aegislash (lol... classic Gen 6 Pokemon) better, too.

I mean you pick your Aegislah set, I mean you really can't go wrong since hes such a good pokemon. Swords Dance is nice for the attack boost but Autonomize is also good since it makes you fast so you don't hav to rely on shadow sneak.

So, I just tried out my team of favourite Pokemon (with their edited moves and such) in Pokebank OU, and it's doing better. I didn't even need to use Mega Charizard Y in the battle. And yes, I saw the opponent using a Pokemon that sets up hazards such as Sticky Web and Stealth Rock. After my initial Pokemon fainted, I just summoned Scizor and made it Defog the opponent. Scizor's U-Turn is very useful, especially when the opponent is switching out for another Pokemon, adding a stronger surprise element to it.
So yeah, this is going better.

EDIT #1: BTW, How's Lucario's move set now? I could replace Psychic with Vacuum Wave for Priority, but that would immediately make Lucario unable to take down Toxicroak, Heracross and any Fairy-type Pokemon.
Should I replace Nasty Plot with Vacuum Wave or just run this move set of Lucario without the priority move?

Last edited:
Hey man,

Overall a great team to beat the 'Casual game' but for competitave there are a few minor issues to think about.
like welsknight said charizard Y is a bit gimmicky in this team since 3 pokemon have i fire weakness, but because you love him other strategy's can work around that.
because 2 of your team are weak to dark type moves i can see a other Greninja give you troubles a bit.
however i can see this work in most games if you just take your time to get used to the team and make some minor changes down the road this will be a good team to confuse most people with unconvention.

if i had to rate i it will be a 7.5/10

Scotti

we back.
Mechaknight, your team is ok, but it has the potential to be good, maybe even better. However, there is one huge flaw, and its not in your team its you. What I mean by that, is that you made a team around charizard-y, and you made a team of pokemon who get weakened by having charizard on the team. Now you don't want to replace charizard, but i would, because why would you change your whole team just to not be brought down by one pokemon. That why i suggest you should just replace Charizrd-Y with Charizard-X. Its still charizard, but it doesn't weaken your entire team. On scizor i would run Leftovers over Iron Plate you in sure your live longer to use defog, and roost over superpower for longevity, since, the point of the scizor is to get rocks off the field with defog. Greninja is pretty good, but you should also test Life Orb if you need more power. I think you should replace lucario with Rotom-W, because talonflame is pretty threatening to your team. You should probably run a set with Hydro Pump| Volt-Switch | Trick | Hp Ice, with a choice scarf, since, you could use some speed on your team. I will let you pick the EV spread, since, i can't go on PS at the moment, and i am too lazy find a good EV spread.

I say you need to replace probably golurk, but you could replace Aegislash instead, but i really can't find anything useful to replace it with at the moment, and i don't have access to PS to look, for, threats to this team, but i think you should replace one of them, since, you really don't need to ghost types. You could replace it with a strong offensive grass type, but like i said, can't go on ps at the moment.

Anyway hope i helped.

Hey man,

Overall a great team to beat the 'Casual game' but for competitave there are a few minor issues to think about.
like welsknight said charizard Y is a bit gimmicky in this team since 3 pokemon have i fire weakness, but because you love him other strategy's can work around that.
because 2 of your team are weak to dark type moves i can see a other Greninja give you troubles a bit.
however i can see this work in most games if you just take your time to get used to the team and make some minor changes down the road this will be a good team to confuse most people with unconvention.

if i had to rate i it will be a 7.5/10
Well thank you, mate. The team is definitely flawed, and I'll just tweak it here and there in the long run, but it can be a destructive team when played right. Don't mind Greninja, I got Lucario and Scizor to pull off the job. Also, Aegislash could probably survive a Dark Pulse and strike it down with Sacred Sword.

Mechaknight, your team is ok, but it has the potential to be good, maybe even better. However, there is one huge flaw, and its not in your team its you. What I mean by that, is that you made a team around charizard-y, and you made a team of pokemon who get weakened by having charizard on the team. Now you don't want to replace charizard, but i would, because why would you change your whole team just to not be brought down by one pokemon. That why i suggest you should just replace Charizrd-Y with Charizard-X. Its still charizard, but it doesn't weaken your entire team. On scizor i would run Leftovers over Iron Plate you in sure your live longer to use defog, and roost over superpower for longevity, since, the point of the scizor is to get rocks off the field with defog. Greninja is pretty good, but you should also test Life Orb if you need more power. I think you should replace lucario with Rotom-W, because talonflame is pretty threatening to your team. You should probably run a set with Hydro Pump| Volt-Switch | Trick | Hp Ice, with a choice scarf, since, you could use some speed on your team. I will let you pick the EV spread, since, i can't go on PS at the moment, and i am too lazy find a good EV spread.

I say you need to replace probably golurk, but you could replace Aegislash instead, but i really can't find anything useful to replace it with at the moment, and i don't have access to PS to look, for, threats to this team, but i think you should replace one of them, since, you really don't need to ghost types. You could replace it with a strong offensive grass type, but like i said, can't go on ps at the moment.

Anyway hope i helped.
Well yeah, I am fully aware that my team has an obvious flaw due to Drought. However, it's not a very 'rigid' team imo. Depending on the opponent, I can decide to either use Droughtzard as a lead sweeper or as a final resort when Stealth Rock is not on the field.
Leftovers, I can understand, but not Roost. I don't think Scizor's bulky enough to act as a wall. It's also a very troubling decision when I think about it because I do need Scizor with its Superpower just in case Blissey gets used. Would Brick Break be a better option compared to Superpower if necessary?
I've tried Life Orb Greninja in the past, and it's actually a bad idea due to how fragile Greninja is. Also, the combination of Protean and Expert Belt kinda becomes a replacement for Life Orb when you look at the fact that Greninja's original typing is Water/Dark, so that Grass and Ice STAB boost could be seen a Choice Spec boost... in some way.
Nah, Lucario stays. I hate that wash machine.

*Alternatively* I could go for Mega Lucario while keeping the same team set-up (Guess I'd give Charizard a Life Orb and Dragon Pulse instead of Solarbeam), but that's for another thread and time.

*Alternatively* I could go for Mega Lucario while keeping the same team set-up (Guess I'd give Charizard a Life Orb and Dragon Pulse instead of Solarbeam), but that's for another thread and time.
^^ This. This would fix the most obvious, glaring weakness in your team (that Drought hurts your team more than helps it). Your team would still have a nasty fire weakness, but Golurk and Greninja can (hopefully) handle it.

^^ This. This would fix the most obvious, glaring weakness in your team (that Drought hurts your team more than helps it). Your team would still have a nasty fire weakness, but Golurk and Greninja can (hopefully) handle it.
I know, I know, but it's still not necessary to use Droughtzard as a lead-in. It should actually be used as a last resort or when it's safe to call in the big guns. It would be totally suicidal to use Droughtzard as a lead when facing a Fire Pokemon team for example, and I'll keep that in mind, but it would still be cool to use this team despite the glaring weakness.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)