[RMT] Flinchy

So this is flinch casuing based team that my friends helped me with and I wanted to know if it was any good before I actually made it. I'd appreciate any help for where my EVs should go if you think I have them wrong.

The Lead

Ambipom @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Speed/ 252 Attack/ 6 Hp
Nature: Adament
- FakeOut
- U-Turn
- Payback
- Double Hit

Simply start with Fake Out against most guys to deal some nice Stabbed/Technician boosted damage then follow up with either U-Turn out if he doesnt stand much of a chance or a Fling/Double hit if i think he can handle them. Ofcourse if they start with a ghost id use Fling and hit them with a kings rock for a little damage and a flinch.

The Special Sweep

Togekiss @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 Special Defence/ 252 Special Attk/ 6 hp
Nature: Calm
- Thunder Wave
- Air Slash
- Water Pulse
- Roost

One of the guys im have some item trouble on and can't choose between wish and softboiled. This one will basically just go in and try to status inflict everyone it can and possibly even kill a sweeper or two. Start with a thunder wave then water pulse till confused then air slash till they're dead and healing when i need to.

Pyshical Sweeper

Salamence @ Yache Berry
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Attack/ 252 Speed/ 6 Hp
Nature: Adament
- Dragon Dance
- Fire Fang
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake

Send him in to take down basically anyone in my way and Fire Fang and Dragon Rush give him qualifications for a flincher. Start with a dragon dance or two depending on the guy and continue on to just do whatever seems most reasonable. Switch him in for Togekiss if i wnat a quick kill.

Physical Sweeper
Jirachi @ Choice Band
Ability: Serene Grace
Evs: 80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 Speed
Nature:Jolly
- Zen Headbutt
- Ice Punch
- Thunder Punch
- Fire Punch/ U-Turn/ Drain Punch

Replaced Persian do to popular demand will be another physical sweep looking for one atm..Gonna use Zen Headbutt for mass damage and mass flinching hopefully.

Physical Wall

Gliscor @ Leftovers
Ability: Hyper Cutter
Evs: 252 Defence/ 252 Hp/ 6 Special Defence
Nature: Impish
- Ice Fang
- Roost
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock

This would be good wall aditions for my team. Dont really know much about them because I really havent checked them much.

God.

Dunsparce @ Quick Claw
Ability: Scerene Grace
Evs: 252 attk/ 252 hp/ 6 speed
Nature: Adamant
- Rock Slide
- Headbutt
- Roost
- Thunder Wave

Dunsparce owns and has screne grace making him a good flincher after thunder wave or a quick claw luck.
So thats my idea for a team I need some help so any constructive criticism is very helpful. Thank you ^^

I also don't use ubers just as a heads up.

Don't overdo the flinching. Gallade and SteadfastCario just laugh at them and sweep.

On Salamence, take out Dragon Rush and Fire Fang - use dragon Claw and Earthquake over them for total type coverage.

Hope this helped.

SU

Sinnoh, the whole point of the team is flinching. An i could eaily take out Gallde with a Faint attack which would have 90 power because of persians technician and would also be super effective raising it to 180 power. I agree with taking out dragon rush but fire fang i believe would be better for any ice guys who come along wanting to take out salamence. I assume u said earthquake for a poison or a fire guy. Well i wouldnt leave him in there for a poison guy id send in scizor or lucario. As for fire stone edge can take out fire along with flying.

ParaFlinch Hax...Just to say that a lot of people consider Flinching cheap.
Especially Togekiss.

On to the team itself, Fling is extremely situational. Actually, you use it only once for some low damage and Flinch. After you used it, you basically wasted a moveset and an item slot. I'd use Payback with either Life Orb or Silk Scarf for Ambipom so he doesnt get a massive disadvantage after one Fling.

The item for Togekiss is obviously Lefotvers, which works well with his good Special Defence and his recovery move. The recovery move depends on your needs: do you want to keep Togekiss alive, or another team member? If you want Togekiss, use Roost since it gets rid of his Rock, Ice and Electric weakness for the turn.

Salamence isn't a Flincher...he's the guy who gets up a couple Dragon Dance and rips through the opposing team, not leaving the opponent alive long enough to Flinch. So, I'd suggest (pretty heavily) to use Dragon Claw instead of Dragon Rush (75% accuracy is horrible for a STAB attack) and Earthquake instead of Stone Edge. Dragon/Fire is only resisted by Heatran, who won't enjoy an Earthquake.

Persian should use...maybe King's Rock for the extra flinching chance, Return over Slash for the raw power (102 base power vs 70 base power)
and Bite over Faint Attack (same 60 base power) since Bite gives Flinch.

Scizor should use Brick Break and Roost with Leftovers over Baton Pass/ Swords Dance/ Occa Berry. Occa Berry is again situational (only one use) and doesnt fit with a Physical Wall's job to stay alive. Brick Break provides coverage, Roost lets it stay alive. Also, it won't flinch much (gotta go first to flinch and Scizor has low speed).

Lucario is begging for Choice Specs (1.5x times the power for Special Attacks but you can only use the same attack till you switch), Timid over Modest to outrun Base 100 speeds and Garchomp, and Vacuum Wave over Water Pulse. Vacuum Wave is a priority move, allowing him to beat things like Weavile without getting KO'd.

Again, I'll say it, people will call you cheap if you use this team, but played correctly, it should net you a few wins.

Ok thank you for the ideas I will take them all into acocunt. I could also care less if they think my team is cheap thats their problem.

Try something like a zen head butt jirachi, either CB or scarfed.
it's pretty offensive, plus it has the element of surprise.

Jirachi is OU imo.
True, and Persian's Faint attack against Galade is only 90 BP, Dark is neutral against Gallade

(minor nit pick)

I think you need sometime to take Lucario/Gallade down, or atleast wall it. So having Gliscor as your Physical wall could help, its not like you need every pokemon to flinch the hell out of everything.

True, and Persian's Faint attack against Galade is only 90 BP, Dark is neutral against Gallade

(minor nit pick)

I think you need sometime to take Lucario/Gallade down, or atleast wall it. So having Gliscor as your Physical wall could help, its not like you need every pokemon to flinch the hell out of everything.
Well the only reason everyone has a flinch move is because my friends want me to base a team around something. Fo the gallade im pretty ssure a salamence could take it down. (whoops forgot that Galade was fighting pshycic..)

You wouldnt mind suggesting an item and a moveset for Gliscor would you?

Your Scizor sucks. Rather make it a sweeper with its Psychical defense power.

- Sword Dance
- Quick Attack
- Roost
- X-Scissor / U-turn

And i highly doubt your flinch tactic of Ambipom and Persian would work. Due to Ambipom and Persian's weak defensive capabilities.

Well i got told to take sword dance off.
Lemme guess "That's what happens whn you listen to people with insufficient experience and lack of knowledge." Quote from You =o

And yeah i got forced to type the persian ambipom thing by my friend cause he thought it was an amazing idea...(he actually type it for me...)

Btw like the way you put stuff very straight foward
Only problem I have is that Id have 3 physical sweepers..so i was thinking about using the Gliscor idea Maroon had unless u have a better wall idea?

Well i got told to take sword dance off.
Lemme guess "That's what happens whn you listen to people with insufficient experience and lack of knowledge." Quote from You =o

And yeah i got forced to type the persian ambipom thing by my friend cause he thought it was an amazing idea...(he actually type it for me...)

Btw like the way you put stuff very straight foward
Only problem I have is that Id have 3 physical sweepers..so i was thinking about using the Gliscor idea Maroon had unless u have a better wall idea?
In your case, Zapdos works better than Gliscor since you do lack anything to stop CM Suicune. And Zapdos also works as a viable Heracross counter (as you also have Salamence), so Gliscor isn't as sufficient as Zapdos for your team.

But you can also have Gliscor, if you prefer it over Zapdos. Since it doesn't take much SR damage and is the best Heracross counter and a good SR supporter (since you have no SR supporter).

Thanks for the help ill look at Zapdos and get a moveset for him and then sr my lg/fr for one =D

Ill do a comparason between the two and see which i prefer. Thanks for the help.

Ok here is what i think ill do for Zapdos

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Defence/ 252 Special Defence/ 6 Hp
Nature: Modest
- Thunder Wave
- Roost
- Thunder Bolt
- Hp Fighting

Ok so Gliscor Moveset and stuff

Gliscor @ Leftovers
Ability: Hyper Cutter
Evs: 252 Defence/ 252 Hp/ 6 Special Defence
Nature: Impish
- Fire Fang
- Roost
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock

It seems like you're starting to stray away from the original idea [that being that this is a flinching team] and towards a general and rather OU team. I'd advise you to stick more to what you had planned, whether or not it's "beatable"; that is, unless you want to move in this direction.

It seems like you're starting to stray away from the original idea [that being that this is a flinching team] and towards a general and rather OU team. I'd advise you to stick more to what you had planned, whether or not it's "beatable"; that is, unless you want to move in this direction.
Well I'll probally go with Gliscor for this reason because his Fire Fang does cause flinching and is still useful on him.

Venom

red eyes no visine
is a Team Rater Alumnus
Jirachi is in any way or form Uber, just get that right, and Jirachi can help prevent a Deoxys from sweeping your team, so I would suggest replacing it for Persian for Jirachi. You really have problems with Mamoswine, so I'm gonna have to say that Ambipom would have to be replaced by a Bronzong, it will help you out with Mamoswine, Tyranitar and friends. With that, Jirachi then becomes kind of useless, Bronzong itself is a Deoxys counter, so replacing Jirachi / Persian with something else is fine. If you really want to Dragon Dance, I would suggest you using a Physical Bulky DD Mence to help you out with Lucario and Heracross, you can find the stats and moves about it here. Zapdos now becomes a handy special wall here, so I would suggest you using that Zapdos you want, but you'd be better off with BoltBeam on it though.

Jirachi is in any way or form Uber, just get that right, and Jirachi can help prevent a Deoxys from sweeping your team, so I would suggest replacing it for Persian for Jirachi. You really have problems with Mamoswine, so I'm gonna have to say that Ambipom would have to be replaced by a Bronzong, it will help you out with Mamoswine, Tyranitar and friends. With that, Jirachi then becomes kind of useless, Bronzong itself is a Deoxys counter, so replacing Jirachi / Persian with something else is fine. If you really want to Dragon Dance, I would suggest you using a Physical Bulky DD Mence to help you out with Lucario and Heracross, you can find the stats and moves about it here. Zapdos now becomes a handy special wall here, so I would suggest you using that Zapdos you want, but you'd be better off with BoltBeam on it though.
Here is my answer to that whole thing. No. This isnt supposed to be Uber/OU central, its a flinch team please take your unwanted suggestions else where.

Just a side note, Gliscor wants Ice Fang over Fire Fang to make the awesome Ice/ Ground combo, resisted only by Bronzong, Shedinja and Surskirt! Basically the same power and Effect as Fire Fang, except Gliscor turns into a Dragon counter (Hi ScarfChomp using Earthquake).

Venom

red eyes no visine
is a Team Rater Alumnus
Here is my answer to that whole thing. No. This isnt supposed to be Uber/OU central, its a flinch team please take your unwanted suggestions else where.
Then smogon is not the place for you to get a RMT, here in smogon we are gonna suggest what's right and say it how it is, maybe playing some more pokemon should help you out.

Then smogon is not the place for you to get a RMT, here in smogon we are gonna suggest what's right and say it how it is, maybe playing some more pokemon should help you out.
Venom, all you did was tell me to throw common Ous on my team its not a suggestion at all its common sense if i wnat a basica Ou team i said a flinch team now dont psot on my thread again i dont want you here if your gonna be a such a jerk.

Sharpteeth- i was mainly thinking fire fang because of its ice weakness but now that u point that out ill switch it its a good call thanks.

Okay. You are making a flinch team. Great! Sounds like a fun idea, and the first thing we should do is decide on which pokemon are most suited for a flinch happy play style.

The first thing that comes to mind is Togekiss. A standard OU, and a great flincher. You have him on your team already.

The second thing that comes to my mind when I think about flinch hax is Jirachi. Even before I would think of Ambipom, I would think of Jirachi. And you arn't running him? You say you don't want to turn this team into OU/Uber central? You run other OU staples such as Gliscor/Togekiss and are considering running Lucario/Zapdos. Uh, what gives? How can you have a flinch team without the ORIGINAL hax master & and all around King of the Flinch himself? It's like running a SS team with Tyranitar (Togekiss), but no Garchomp (Jirachi.) You're just being stubborn.

In closing, your flinch team sucks. Why? Because you refuse to run one of the BEST FLINCH-INDUCING POKEMON IN THE GAME. Period. Don't use "I don't have Jirachi" as an excuse. PM me your friend code, I will send you an Adamant Jirachi with Body Slam/Zen Headbutt/U-Turn/Ice Punch. Or whatever you want on him. Until you get the best flinch-inducers, your flinch team sucks.

I don't think having a flinch team is a very smart idea. It would definitely be a fun, novelty team, but if you want to win, I wouldn't try to base a team on flinch. In my opinion, Ambipom and Persian play the exact same role, so you don't need one of them. I suggest taking out Persian. In his place, you could use the Jirachi that everyone else is suggesting, but I suggest a Calm Mind, Wish, Psychic, and Water Pulse set that would hopefully help you get rid of Mamoswine if you happen to encounter it. He's a great wish passer and is also the Deoxys-S counter you need. In my eyes, Gliscor doesn't really play a very important role on your team (providing you use Jirachi.) I would definitely use Zapdos, but I'd go with a moveset of Thunderbolt, Hidden Power Ice, Roost, and Light Screen or Thunderwave. This way, he would have the "Boltbeam" combo that is resisted by very few and could support the team more. Also, check the Smogon-dex for a better EV spread. (You don't want to use 252 EVs in both defenses.) For Salamence, if you're worried about Ice types, use Stone Edge. It has a higher BP and can hit Ice types that are resistant to fire for super effective damage. (Keep in mind, though, that a Pokemon should not only have moves that counter the types its weak to.) You could also use Fire Blast to hit steels who come in and try to wall him.

FINE ill put Jirachi on the team sheesh..

And also I had stone edge on Salamence but got told to take it off for eq. Also Stone Edge has less accuracy than Fire Fang and there are no OU pkmn that are ice/water which is the only combo that an ice type currently has to help it resist fire. It will be rare to run into an ice guy whose water/ice and if i ever did i could always jsut put in Lucario.

This is depressing my team is completely OU now..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)