XY Doubles RMT #3: I Post Too Many

When I created this team I really only made it to have a look towards the past. My team is fairly efficient, and it is based off of a Doubles TR Team I used in the B2W2 days. The team, I will go ahead and say, is Machamp/Cresselia/Scizor/Mega Kangaskhan/Tyranitar/Gengar, and it did a lot better than I had hoped it to do. That is why I chose to make a brand new team after this RMT and show off how amazingly well these mons work together.
Machamp@Assault Vest
Ability: No Guard
Brave Nature (+Atk, -Spe)
252 HP, 60 Atk, 196 Def
Dynamic Punch
Bullet Punch
Rock Slide
Fire Punch
So this Machamp is basically a placeholder for Thundurus, as it is TR and Thundurus is a bit fast and its method of spreading status is through Thunder Wave, which will help the opposition rather than me, and Swagger, which just boosts the physically offensive Hammer Arm Kang, which is not common but that does not mean that it won't show up. Dynamic Punch is much safer, especially since it has No Guard to back it up. Many people that I battle say that I should run Guts over No Guard, but if you don't run No Guard then why run Machamp at all? If I wanted to run Guts I would use something slower and stronger like Conkeldurr.
Bullet Punch is Machamp's only option for priority and it really is not a bad option, as Mach Punch is just the same coverage as Dynamic Punch and does not get rid of some Fairies as well. Rock Slide gets some good coverage, though Machamp may not be suited to get supereffective damage off against flying types, and Fire Punch is there because Scizor can't do anything to Machamp and normally Machamp cannot do anything back to it.
Scizor@Choice Band
Ability: Technician (what else?)
Brave Nature (+Atk, -Spe)
252 HP, 156 Atk, 100 SpD
Bug Bite
Bullet Punch
Superpower
Aerial Ace
I really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really like Scizor. I do. It gets powerful STAB in the form of Bug Bite thanks to Technician and gets to eat the opposing Pokemon's Sitrus/Lum Berry to heal up a bit, and it really does amazing things. Bug Bite allows you to eat Rotom or Cresselia's Sitrus Berry to heal up some damage, if you are burned you can steal somebody's Lum Berry and cure it, and you know it just does some incredible stuff. Bullet Punch is pretty strong too for a priority move, getting STAB and Technician boosts, Superpower gets rid of Tyranitar that would probably wreak havoc upon your Trick Room mons while Machamp is not available, and Aerial Ace gets the probable Conk versus Scizor situation out of the way and also does a decent amount of damage to Mega Heracross.
Kangaskhan@Kangaskhanite
Ability: Scrappy
Brave Nature (again?)(+Atk, -Spe)
252 HP, 252 Atk, 4 SpD
Power-Up Punch
Return
Fake Out
Hammer Arm
Now one thing I don't like very much about Kangaskhan is that its only hard hitting Fighting type attack lowers its speed. However, with the help of Trick Room, this makes Kangaskhan one of the fastest things on the field. Power-Up Punch is for setting up when you think they have more of a supportive lead or if they have removed Cresselia and you don't want to be slower than Tyranitar anymore, Return is just a STAB attack that does an incredible amount of damage, Fake Out is pretty obvious, and Hammer Arm I explained earlier. Now let me get more in depth with the strategy for Mega Kangaskhan.
Kang should always carry Scrappy over Inner Focus as Inner Focus is a lot more situational then Scrappy. Don't Mega Evolve if they have a Ghost on their team for the first turn, as if you Fake Out and they switch to a ghost, you can look like an intimidatingly better player than your opponent, as that is what Mega Kangaskhan should do is scare them aevernd occasionally take out some walls. In Best of Three games, if your opponent will double Protect and you absolutely know it, use Power-Up Punch on a friend, they won't care! You get +2 Attack while also looking even more like a master of prediction, which can even cause forfeits at an early stage of the game.
Tyranitar@Iron Ball
Ability: Sand Stream
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spe)
252 HP, 4 Atk, 252 Def
Rock Slide
Earthquake
Fling
Protect
Iron Ball Fling is one of the hardest things to do in the metagame, dealing tons of damage compared to Crunch while also only working once. Rock Slide is STAB coverage that works well with the team, while Earthquake gets rid of the only thing Scizor truly fears: Heatran. Well, Scizor fears more than that but Heatran really does tear up some Trick Room teams, and this team is no exception.
Gengar@Choice Specs
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature (+Spe, -Atk)
4 HP, 252 SpA, 252 Spe
Shadow Ball
Sludge Bomb
Energy Ball
Dazzling Gleam
Almost everything in this set is self-explanatory. Energy Ball gets rid of Rotom-W, a fantastic and annoying Pokemon all at once, and gets rid of other bulky waters like Azumarill and whatnot, and Dazzling Gleam is, once again, for opposing Tyranitar (while also catching some fighting types too ;))
Cresselia@Sitrus Berry
Ability: Levitate
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spe)
252 HP, 228 Def, 28 SpA
Calm Mind
Trick Room
Ice Beam
Psychic
Cresselia is an amazing Pokemon, especially with Calm Mind. Calm Mind+Relaxed 252/228 resists a ton of things, such as Kangaskhan, and even Aegislash can't do a lot of damage on a x2 SpD Cress. Ice Beam often gets good leverage and scares the opposing Salamence or Garchomp, and Psychic does a good amount to things weak to it.
NOTE: Do not use Trick Room if either the opposing team consists of an Amoonguss, they have 3 mons slower than some of your mons, and don't use Trick Room against Mawile either.
NOTE: If the opposing team consists of a Scizor/Scyther (likely Scizor) Cresselia should not be out unless it is taken out, as it helps Scizor more than it hurts it, with free damage from Bug Bite onto Cresselia and the ability to heal the Scizor with the Sitrus Berry. That is why Fire Punch is on Machamp.
Scyther@Eviolite
Ability: Technician
Jolly Nature (+Spe, -SpA)/Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SpA)
4 HP, 252 Atk, 252 Spe
Bug Bite
Aerial Ace
Brick Break/Superpower
Swords Dance
WHAT THE (censored) I THOUGHT WE WERE DONE!! WHY IS THIS MON NUMBER 7 ON THE TEAM???
Well Scizor can be replaced by this Bug and another, you can actually choose which one you want to do [oh god, not another choice] and Scyther is really an underrated Pokemon. It definitely is not the best, but it can still do a lot of damage and, with the Eviolite, it can even outbulk mama Scizor, despite all of the weaknesses putting you back at square one :/ but still it can do some amazing things.
110 Base Attack is not something to overlook with some good enough defenses and Eviolite, and Bug Bite is just one of the moves it can use incredibly well. Aerial Ace, while being used in mama's set above, does do more as Scyther is part Flying type and Swords Dance is actually usable when you are this fast and don't have to rely on priority. Brick Break can be used over Superpower so that you don't get the Attack and Defense drops, as those are the primary things that you want when running Scyther so that you don't die so easily.

Escavalier@Zoom/Wide Lens
Ability: Overcoat
Sassy Nature (+SpD, -Spe)
252 HP, 124 Atk, 132 SpD
Megahorn
Iron Head
Drill Run
Protect
The other bug that can replace Scizor, and it does its job pretty well. As a very slow Pokemon, it has amazing defenses and hits hard, even harder than Scizor in fact. Working well with that 20 Speed, Trick Room is an amazing ally, despite taking the effects of Zoom Lens away. Megahorn does more damage to the opposing pokemon despite not stealing berries, Drill Run does a good amount of damage, making Escavalier the counter to Heatran as long as Trick Room is up, and Iron Head gets dem fairies away.

Well, I am very glad you looked over this RMT, please leave a comment on the team below!
Images from: poohadventures.wikia.com

pokemontowerdefensetwo.wikia.com
beccadeprisco.deviantart.com
sonicpokemon.wikia.com
imgarcade.com
bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net
www.dltk-kids.com
www.ign.com

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)