Gen 3 RM Elemence Team!

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Have been seeing Smogon regulars working with it with good effect, so I tried it out myself. I haven't been disappointed much!

Snorlax (F) @ Leftovers **
Trait: Thick Fat
EVs: 204 HP / 20 Atk / 180 Def / 8 Spd / 96 SDef
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Body Slam
- Curse
- Rest
- Shadow Ball

Curselax - I think I put it here for Regice and Gengar...

Claydol @ Leftovers **
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 184 Atk / 72 Def
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Rapid Spin
- Shadow Ball
- Toxic

Poison is pretty good here because my team ended up to be bunch of sweepers, so it'll help them to set up.

Raikou @ Leftovers **
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 8 HP / 220 Spd / 252 SAtk / 28 SDef
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Substitute
- Thunderbolt

A secondary Gengar and Zapdos counter

Salamence (M) @ Leftovers **
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 144 Atk / 160 Spd / 204 SAtk
Hasty Nature (+Spd, -Def)
- Brick Break
- Dragon Claw
- Fire Blast
- Toxic

My elemence =]. Spread more Toxic; don't find much need for Swampert-killing-exclusive HP Grass. I mean, sure I have HP Ice Raikou, but poison and Dragon Claw should beat it to it imo, even moreso after Spikes are laid. Suicune and Snorlax should also have no problem beating Swampert, too. But I may be wrong?

Skarmory (M) @ Leftovers **
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 208 Def / 48 Spd
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Hidden Power [Flying]
- Spikes
- Substitute
- Whirlwind

Skarmory and Suicune are my two Metagross counters. Skarmory for Spikes, Megahorns, Curselaxes, and normal, flying, eq resistances.

Suicune @ Leftovers **
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 176 Def / 24 Spd / 56 SAtk
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Surf

I had RoarCune, but I just find a sleeping Suicune a bit too susceptible for this team. Sure, this thing is walled completely by Vaporeon and Roarcune, but that only means Salamence can come in and poison the Suicune, forcing it to Rest.

The result of my team seems like I just slapped standard bulky Pokemon, but it coordinates well with one another, so I apparently did not just do that =P. I'm not saying this team is perfect however, since this team may well be overwhelmed by a well-played spikes team or an overly offensive team... I just want to know if there's any subtle offensive or defensive flaws in this team, since I haven't learned much from my losses =[

I am always open for better EV suggestions, too! Thanks in advance

Karrot

plant
is a Past WCoP Champion
EVs: Unless you're running it for something specific, I would always just simply max attack and speed on Raikou. Max Speed is REALLY helpful for those random things that run over 352 just to outspeed Raikou and friends but do not run full speed. (Also with HP: Ice set attack and defense DVs to 30 so you do not waste a point of speed.)

On Suicune, I would run at least 222 speed. It is already rest-talking, so defenses become less important for its survival, and you can afford to outspeed Tyranitar as it will save you a LOT of trouble at times.

If you want, try Rest/ST/Ice Beam/Surf Suicune as otherwise you will have DDmence troubles (and Flygon is a pain when utilized in a Spikes/Sandstream team), especially if the opponent carries Magneton to destroy Skarmory. Speaking of Skarmory, without wish support it will wear down FAST. If you want something unique, try out a Rest-talking Skarmory (Rest/ST/Spikes/WW). The lack of Drill Peck might bother you a bit, but you'll find you don't really need it. =]

It is a nice team overall, but it has a lot of room to improve. Good luck with it. =]

The last time I had both Mence and Lax on the same team, I did the lead mence, switch to lax turn 1 thing. It's kinda the same thing as leading Lax for Regice/Gar (Lefties should recover all damage thx to thick fat) but with the added bonus of a free Intimidate and you may lure out their bulky water, which Lax has no problem beating (a free curse is nice, too).

Atm you have a bit of a Gyara weak, so I suggest putting HP Elec on Claydol over SB/Toxic, to catch it when it tries to set up on you. Btw, you seem to rely heavily on ClayCune to beat Tar. Cune will have little or no problems, but Claydol may wear down eventually with no way to heal itself other than lefties. Not that important, but nice to keep in mind.

Aside from that, pretty solid team imo.

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Yea, Karrot, that's one of the concerns I have...Substitute or Rest on Skarmory? Rest would allow it to absorb Celebi's Psychics, Metagross' CB MMs, Aero's Rock Slide, and viltar's Focus Punches without much worries, but Substitute does have its appeal points...I'm not too crazy about that sleep talk set that can't touch levitating and flying pokemon...Claydol could switch-in and Rapid Spin all day lol =p

As for Ice Beam ST Suicune it is thoughtful, but the only real use over other Waters is for CM imo...without it, it's really no threat. It's especially important for my team, because I sometimes don't want to waste any of my other Pokemon on Blissey, so I just let Suicune waste Bliss away with Resttalk and boosted Surfs =p. I also took 11 pts from Suicune's defense for the extra sp atk...I don't know if I want to reduce 11 pts more =/ I would have to check the damage calculator if the speed up weighs more than the defense drop =d

As for HP ele dol, Pineapple, I have Toxic and Shadow Ball primarily for ghosts that are all too eager to block its Rapid Spin =p. Snorlax and Salamence should be enough to fell Gyarados imo if I play the whole Taunt thing correctly.

Thanks for the thoughtful replies, Karrot and Pineapple 88 =].

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)