SS OU rising voltage more like rising elo...hahaha

BF Drew

formerly Drew_
As soon as the dlc dropped and i saw rising voltage existed i knew i wanted to make this team. Its extremely fun to use and watching people who lose while trying to setup on a pincurchin is the single greatest thing in pokemon.

871.png
807Zeraora.png

https://pokepast.es/22a4fd8ef3d179e3

So to start the team off i decided to use a pincurchin zeraora core. I went with zeraora over alolan raichu because i wanted the raw speed and special attack. Zera already outspeeds the entire tier bar any scarfers and has a little bit better special attack to go with the specs set. I did consider making it work up zera but if we're going for setup i thought alolan raichu might be a little better due to it having nasty plot, so i decided to stay with specs zera for the raw power. the two could probably be pretty interchangeable although with raichu pincurchin might want terrain extender. Now specs pincurchin is the real carry of the team. I really wanted to be able to run something like terrain extender if im honest so that i could be able to spike or memento more easily and but it really needs the specs for a few reasons, heres a few calcs:

252+ SpA Choice Specs Pincurchin Rising Voltage (140 BP) vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Ferrothorn in Electric Terrain: 168-198 (47.7 - 56.2%) -- 30.5% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
specs allows it to be able to 2hko ferro sometimes

252+ SpA Choice Specs Pincurchin Rising Voltage (140 BP) vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Magearna in Electric Terrain: 339-400 (112.6 - 132.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Guarenteed Ohko on offensive gear with specs. More importantly it doesnt let magearna setup. without specs it can calm mind in the face of pincurchin and get all its health back with draining kiss.
you could potentially run something like magnet which still prevents the setup, but i really like the specs just to do extra damage to bulky grass types that people think will be safe switchins.

871.png
807Zeraora.png
1200px-892Urshifu-Single_Strike.png

https://pokepast.es/05ab2723f44669a9

So the next pokemon i decided to add was urshifu. i wanted a mon that could u-turn because i really like the voltturn potential with this team. i also wanted something that really doesnt care about special walls like chansey. I feel like urshifu is probably the most expendable on the team, it isnt usually a big factor in most of my battles with this team. urshifu does really help in the stall matchup as it can force out almost anything and you can trap them in the voltturn vortex. I considered scarf just for a little bit more speed control but i decided just to go with band so i can deal with stall easier. im also opting for sucker over pjab/iron head because rain can be a pretty tough matchup for this team so it helps with mons like kingdra or barraskewda.

871.png
807Zeraora.png
1200px-801Magearna.png

https://pokepast.es/808be599868cefe1

The next addition to the team is magearna, because what HO without magearna right? Magearna is honestly just op right now with its draining kiss stored power set. it boosts a couple times, it heals, it wins. Its a great partner with memento pincurchin as it can lower stats and give free setup for gear. I think its a great fit on this team because the opponent could easily switch in their mag check in hippo or exca in against pincurchin and take a specs hydro to the face.

871.png
807Zeraora.png
1200px-801Magearna.png
637Volcarona.png

https://pokepast.es/68ec5ed77cf950e9

The next member of the team is volcarona. I think volcarona is really nice on this team because it can setup on a lot of the fairies that urshifu can force in and uturn on. Its really nice paied with memento as well giving it setup opportunities it couldnt have otherwise. i do feel like its a little expendable though. its done a lot more than urshifu has in my games so far with this team but i feel like it could be replaced with something like azu or even something with some hazard control or that can set hazards like lead drill because this team lacks both hazards and removal aside from spikes on pincurchin. still a very solid mon and can put in work late game after the rest of the team has worn them down.

871.png
807Zeraora.png
1200px-801Magearna.png
637Volcarona.png
701Hawlucha.png

https://pokepast.es/803399e0711ed929

Im sure you guessed the last mon at this point, its of course hawlucha. hawlucha is just a super solid late game mon on any terrain team. the evs are to outspeed scarf dragapult after unburden boost. I would go max speed but i really dont care about speed tying other hawluchas as the only pokemon they can setup on is urshifu but wicked blow into sucker can kill it anyways as long as its not defense boosted. just be careful of opposing hawluchas and dont give easy setup opportunities because itll sweep at +2. I really wasnt sure what to put as the last move on lucha. i dont really find a use for any attacking moves outside of cc and acro, so i opted for taunt. can prevent any hazes, hazards going up, opposing setup mons like azu. the other moves i was considering were roost or defog but i feel like taunt has just been better.

This was my first ever rmt post so i hope it wasnt too sloppy! i dont usually build so any advice on this team would be greatly appreciated. And if any of you decide to use the team id love to see some replays :) thanks for reading!

Attachments

Your team is good, for definite. The combination of offensive electric, fighting and fairy type moves will be hard to switch in to, especially with the volt-turn options your team has.

A couple of issues I can see, however:
  • Fire type spam is great against your team, nothing on the team besides Zeraora can outspeed Cinderace unboosted and it certainly can't comfortably switch into a pyro ball. Court change on a Cinderace also is a problem for your team because you have spikes but no hazard removal option.
  • Sticky webs are very powerful against this team. The only Pokemon that is unaffected is Hawlucha and most teams with sticky webs use Galvantula which Hawlucha does not have a positive match up against. Your team is already slow and Zeraora is incredibly neutered by webs as it relies on its speed to make up for its lacklustre bulk.
  • Setup is very effective against the team. I could see dragon dance Dragapult amongst others being a big problem for the team especially if Magearna becomes weakened, which could become a problem with it being your only steel type and probably a Pokemon you will rely on to defensively check a lot of problem Pokemon. Hawlucha is probably your best answer to setup with taunt and it's high speed however it will not OHKO a lot of things from full with acrobatics!
My solutions:
  • One suggestion would be to replace Volcarona with Pelipper. Firstly, this gives you a switch into fire types and overall improves your match up versus them because of the rain. Secondly, It gives you a defog option to remove hazards and boosts the power of Pincurchin's hydro pump. Finally, it doesn't negatively impact your team because the only Pokemon on your team with fire type moves is Volcarona as well as your team being already incredibly setup based with Lucha and Magearna.
  • Replace Pincurchin's item with the focus sash. I have a few reasons for this and I know you spoke about your original idea being a specs set but allow me to explain. Firstly, this allows Pincurchin to become a dedicated lead and a MUCH more effective hazard setter. Pincurchin is not bulky and often struggles to set up a layer of spikes if it's in a bad match up. Focus sash would allow Pincurchin to live a hit and set up a guaranteed layer of spikes as well as be able to switch in and set up terrain again later on. Also, I don't much see Pincurchin's offensive merit on this team, I'd say you have enough offensive answers to the threats you describe in your post and defensively as a hazard option I'd say he's much better, the extra damage from spikes will enable Zeraora and Urshifu to get some KO's they may have had to reach for before and will break focus sashes. Finally, if Pincurchin is not used as a lead in a match, you could use memento in emergency situations against an already boosted setup Pokemon after living a boosted attack which allows something else to come in and threaten a KO much easier.

BF Drew

formerly Drew_
Your team is good, for definite. The combination of offensive electric, fighting and fairy type moves will be hard to switch in to, especially with the volt-turn options your team has.

A couple of issues I can see, however:
  • Fire type spam is great against your team, nothing on the team besides Zeraora can outspeed Cinderace unboosted and it certainly can't comfortably switch into a pyro ball. Court change on a Cinderace also is a problem for your team because you have spikes but no hazard removal option.
  • Sticky webs are very powerful against this team. The only Pokemon that is unaffected is Hawlucha and most teams with sticky webs use Galvantula which Hawlucha does not have a positive match up against. Your team is already slow and Zeraora is incredibly neutered by webs as it relies on its speed to make up for its lacklustre bulk.
  • Setup is very effective against the team. I could see dragon dance Dragapult amongst others being a big problem for the team especially if Magearna becomes weakened, which could become a problem with it being your only steel type and probably a Pokemon you will rely on to defensively check a lot of problem Pokemon. Hawlucha is probably your best answer to setup with taunt and it's high speed however it will not OHKO a lot of things from full with acrobatics!
My solutions:
  • One suggestion would be to replace Volcarona with Pelipper. Firstly, this gives you a switch into fire types and overall improves your match up versus them because of the rain. Secondly, It gives you a defog option to remove hazards and boosts the power of Pincurchin's hydro pump. Finally, it doesn't negatively impact your team because the only Pokemon on your team with fire type moves is Volcarona as well as your team being already incredibly setup based with Lucha and Magearna.
  • Replace Pincurchin's item with the focus sash. I have a few reasons for this and I know you spoke about your original idea being a specs set but allow me to explain. Firstly, this allows Pincurchin to become a dedicated lead and a MUCH more effective hazard setter. Pincurchin is not bulky and often struggles to set up a layer of spikes if it's in a bad match up. Focus sash would allow Pincurchin to live a hit and set up a guaranteed layer of spikes as well as be able to switch in and set up terrain again later on. Also, I don't much see Pincurchin's offensive merit on this team, I'd say you have enough offensive answers to the threats you describe in your post and defensively as a hazard option I'd say he's much better, the extra damage from spikes will enable Zeraora and Urshifu to get some KO's they may have had to reach for before and will break focus sashes. Finally, if Pincurchin is not used as a lead in a match, you could use memento in emergency situations against an already boosted setup Pokemon after living a boosted attack which allows something else to come in and threaten a KO much easier.
Thanks for the suggestions :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)