National Dex Rillanectanine

I enjoy team building more than battling most days, but all of my teams are tested. This will be the first team I've ever posted. I'm open to all constructive criticism.
We have a sort of bulky offense that tends to keep momentum in the users advantage. All mons either have switching moves or effectively force switches.

:Manectric:
Manectric @ Manectite
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Volt Switch
- Flamethrower
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
I started the build around Manectric. Although it is fairly one dimensional I think it is one of the more useful and underutilized megas in the game. With the right calculation it's coverage, momentum, and intimidate ability negate predictability. Try to get the ground types out of the way.

:Rillaboom:
Rillaboom @ Choice Band
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Grassy Glide
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- High Horsepower
Boom is the greatest grass type starter and possibly the best grass type period. To me this is the ideal bulky offense mon. Hits hard, strong priority, longevity for it and it's teammates. Sometimes grassy terrain backfires and loses you the game but it's always made right every time a heatran gets high horsepowered.

:Empoleon:
Empoleon @ Chople Berry
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Yawn
- Knock Off
- Scald
I love this mons defensive utility. Pretty consistent rock setter. Takes items away. Can stay in on a close combat and clap back with a torrent scald after the defense drops. Yawn keeps the enemy moving around, especially early game.

:Jirachi:
Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- U-turn
- Trick
- Healing Wish
I always feel a little guilty when I flinch kill the switch in. Even when iron head doesn't get an opening Jirachi finds use in baiting certain switches and counter switching with uturn or crippling something with a scarf. Healing Wish is my favorite clutch move.

:Arcanine:
Arcanine @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 128 Def / 132 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Will-O-Wisp
- Teleport
- Morning Sun
- Overheat/Fire Blast
Double intimidate hijinks can be fun. I think most opponents expect Arcanine to be physical. I use overheat over fire blast. this mon isn't going to beat anyone down, rather used for chip damage. Can't do anything about a heatran switch except heal up or teleport out. I'd say this is the weakest link and maybe a little redundant, but every so often it's just what you needed. I might have allowed too much emphasis on grassy terrain dampening earthquake, as boom was initially terrain extender sd 3 attacks.

:Zapdos-Galar:
Zapdos-Galar @ Darkinium Z
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Thunderous Kick
- Brave Bird
- U-turn
- Throat Chop
Most gapdos I see are choiced. Thunderous kick is only good on a non choiced gapdos. To me this Mon feels incomplete without a dark move for quick dispatch of ghost switch ins. Feint the choice lock on t kick, 160bp Z-dark following the defense drop will eliminate other would-be checks.

Biggest threats here are entry hazards. Who builds a momentum based team with no hazard removal? Nidoking has to be carefully maneuvered. Kuyrem too.
I have a lot of fun with this team, and I hope someone finds it worth giving a try

https://pokepast.es/ddc50a21df4eeb50

Last edited:

pannu

tonight stars an easygoing egoist
is a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Hi, cool team! heres my rate and how id try to improve it

major changes first,

:manectric-mega: -> :tapu-koko:

Mega Manectric is not very good in NatDex, and as such I've replaced it for another Electric-type in Tapu Koko. i feel as if these two do pretty similar things, spamming Volt Switch and whatnot with similar speed tiers, Tapu Koko is definitely more offensively threatening though and Fairy-type STAB is very handy. It also has fantastic synergy with Zapdos-G, as Landorus-T is invited to come into Volt Switches, which allows you to double into Gapdos for an attack boost.

:empoleon: -> :rotom-wash:

Empoleon is also very unproven in natdex, and as such i wanted to swap it out for another water-resist. I chose Rotom-w because it further develops the VoltTurn core and can also defog away hazards. Its a fantastic partner for Tapu Koko as its able to pressure Ground-types like Garchomp, Gliscor, and Lando-T. It also somewhat helps the team with its weakness to Heatran and Ash-Greninja, which is why its spdef instead of Physdef.

:arcanine: -> :landorus-therian:

Araenine is unfortunately unviable, and the team needed a Ground immunity, an Electric immunity, and Stealth Rocks, because i swapped out Empoleon. Landorus-T was the obvious choice as it seemingly checks everything Arcanine "checks" while fulfilling all of these roles.

minor changes:

Superpower > High Horsepower on :Rillaboom:, HHP just doesnt hit anything relevant and superpower is great for breaking down steels

i also made :Zapdos-Galar: Choice Band to give it more immediate breaking power, which is generally better for it.

hope you like the changes, here's an updated paste of the team. happy to serve!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)