Gen 3 Riding the (T)Wave - Adv Double Battle RMT

Hiho everyone,

At the moment, I'm trying to put together a 3.Gen Double Battle Team for a local tournament. Since I'm not very into this mode I need a quite bit of your help. The core idea of this team is to spread paralysis, while counteracting my opponent's strategie with moves like imprison, taunt and fake out and eventually start sweeps with medicham, gyarados or raikou.

But now the team

Gengar@Leftovers
jolly nature
trait: levitate
evs: 4 hp / 252 att / 252 spe

-Explosion
-Shadow Ball
-Taunt
-Destiny Bond

Gengar is a pretty powerful pokemon in general in this gen and so i tried to fit him into this team as well. immunity to both explosion and earthquake a good selling points, and being able to take out opposing threads with explosion and dbond is a big plus as well. Taunt could prove helpful to counter opposing strategies and prevent setup, and shadow ball in the last slot to hit opposing ghosts that are immune to explosion

Gardevoir@Leftovers
calm nature
trait: trace
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 S Def

-Thunder Wave
-HP Ice
-Imprison
-Protect

Guardy's main purpose is to prevent my opponent's usage of thunder wave, any hp and protect, while spreading paralysis on his own. HP Ice hits things like Draggy and Salamence hard, which I expect to show up a quite a lot.

Shiftry@Leftovers
naive nature
trait: chlorophyll
EVs: 252 Att / 4 Sp.Att / 252 Spe

-Fake Out
-Explosion
-Giga Drain
-Brick Break

Shiftry is one of my Fake Out user and might come in handy as well vs. sunny day (if someone uses it). His movepool is quite large for this gen, so I have a couple of options. Explosion is pretty strong from base attack 100, while brick break is meant to OHKO Tar. Giga Drain vs. Swampert.
I don't know if this would be Shiftrys best set, especially since I like to fit in protect somewhere.

Gyarados@Leftovers / Lum Berry
adamant nature
trait: intimidate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Att / 252 Spe

-Protect
-Dragon Dance
-HP Flying / Rock
-Earthquake

In today's 5.gen double metagame boosters are at best rare, but I try to give this a shot, since gyarados does not have that much other options and with the support of paralysis and fake out it might pull the setup off. Earthquake is its strongest available move, hp flying would get stab while rock adds in for a better coverage.

Medicham@Salac Berry
jolly nature
trait: pure power
EVs: 4 hp / 252 Att / 252 Spe

-Fake Out
-Brick Break
-Rock Slide
-Shadow Ball / Endure

Medicham is a monster thanks to pure power. With paralysis support and/or salac boost I expect it to outspeed a lot. Brick Break and Shadow Ball have very good type coverage together and rock slide is a powerful choice in doubles anyway. An option would be endure > SBall in the last slot to trade the coverage for an ensured salac kick-in.

Raikou@Leftovers
modest nature
trait: pressure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Sp.A / 252 Spe

-Thunder Wave
-Thunderbolt
-HP Grass
-Protect

My 6. team member is Raikou, which is not only a powerful sweeper on his own, but also capable of spreading paralysis. In addition he covers gyara's glaring electric weak. Thunderbolt is its main attacking move, while the hp punishes incoming ground types, especially swampert.

Thanks for reading, any advice and improvement will be very welcome !

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)