Gen 6 Representation of unviable Ubers in Battle Factory

Should unviable be represented in Battle Factory?

• Yes, all of them should be represented.

Votes: 26 59.1%
  • No, none of them should be represented.

Votes: 11 25.0%
  • Other, some of them should be, some of them shouldn't.

Votes: 7 15.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Inspirited

There is usually higher ground.
is a Contributor Alumnus
approved by Sweep

After pitching the question to Slayer95 (the Battle Factory project leader), his answer was that he wanted more feedback before making his decision. No feedback has come his way though, so I figured I would make an open poll in this subforum just to gather feedback for him. The Pokemon in question are:
(non-Primal)
- Bug
- Dragon
- Psychic
- Poison
- Fire
- Steel
- Ice
- Electric
- Fighting
- Flying

I realize there are discrepancies between what is viable and what isn't, but in this case I am being less lenient because Pokemon with slight niches will not have their specific teams that allow them to function properly. THIS IS NOT A THREAD FOR DISCUSSING VIABILITY OF CERTAIN POKEMON! Currently there is no representation of non-Primal Kyogre or any of the Arceus formes listed. This will change if the vote concludes yes, of course.

For those of you who vote "other"(option 3), you will be required to give a list of what you think should be represented and what shouldn't. An intelligent description of why you think certain Pokemon should be represented and the others should not is also required.

Feel free to discuss why or why not unviable Pokemon should be represented.

The poll will close on July 20th(7 days).

Last edited:
exactly, because in battle factory you're meant to play the tier and have competitive matches in it, pokemon that aren't competitively viable shouldn't be allowed.

genesect should though, it isn't that great but at least as a better niche than the other mons and is way more likely to work out for you than mons like eleceus. just because teams are often better off with another structure that doesn't use genesect doesn't mean it's unusable and actively hinders your build like reshiram and blaziken. it's better and has more of a distinct niche than the other mons, though it still sucks :\

mine as well represent all of them, or else these pokemon wouldn't have a home in any battle factory tier D:

Starmei

You thought you could challenge me?
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
As someone who plays a reasonable amount of battle factory let me just say that it's not just Ubers that has unviable/mediocre sets in Battle Factory. And you also get sets like these in randbats and things too.

Battle Factory, while being unofficial and just something to do with your friends, can potentially offer a nice little insight into a tier and give a taster of what playing that tier is like. So to me,improving battle factory sets is quite important. Granted this little taster into a tier from battle factory is likely to be fairly flawed because, even if viable sets were added, the teams themselves may not be very good either. Like Blissey + offence or something equally brilliant. So if there was to be a change in battle factory, it would require a fair amount of effort and not many people even play it outside of 'for fun' reasons anyway.

Also I wouldn't say Palkia and Genesect deserve to be in that list. While not being as good as they once were, I believe that they still can work in Ubers.

I picked the "represent all mons" option. From playing Battle Factory (Ubers) many times, I've noticed that teams are hardly optimal. Rather, I enjoy playing that edition of Battle Factory because it a) allows me to have a competitive match that doesn't always involve EKiller or Geoxern or MegaMence or whatever and (b) will sometimes allow me to use unviable Pokemon that I couldn't use in any other tier.

Most teams don't carry EKiller because their Arceus is usually something like Poison to check potential Geoxerns. All teams have a Geoxern check. Other megas are represented well so Mega-Mence spam is rare in Battle Factory. These are all a refreshing change of pace. I love it when I click Battle Factory and I have a Reshiram or get to sweep with a +2 Blaziken. It provides a different feel than playing regular Ubers.

Balanced matches in the Ubers tier IMO are what Battle Factory should aim for - not "simulating" the Ubers tier.

Inspirited

There is usually higher ground.
is a Contributor Alumnus
Alrighty, final count says that all should be represented. I will get to work on that.

Thanks to those who votes yes or no; the people who voted other have trouble reading the OP apparently. xD

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)